web analytics

Ashley’s Early Reluctance Looks To Have Cost Newcastle A Chance At Midfielder

Southampton midfielder Mario Lemina has reportedly arrived in France tonight ahead of a move to Nice. Newcastle had recently reopened talks for the 27-year-old after Mike Ashley refused to sanction a cash deal last month.

RMC Sport journalist Loic Tanzi, who initially reported Newcastle’s interest in Midtjylland’s Jens Cajuste, has tweeted the following which roughly translates to:

Mario Lemina arrived in Nice this evening to commit for three years with OGC Nice in the coming days

Reports varied on how much Southampton wanted for Lemina, who in 2017 was their record signing from Juventus for £15.4m. Nice had been negotiating a deal for the Gabon international for some time.

On Wednesday evening, The Mail broke the news of Newcastle re-entering talks for the midfielder. Simon Jones wrote the following in his report:

Lemina has a good offer from Nice who have bid around £3.5m so Newcastle have had to move swiftly to try and convince him to remain in the Premier League.

It appears that Newcastle did not move swiftly enough to convince Lemina to come to Tyneside. Tutto Mercato journalist Marco Conterio is claiming that Nice will pay just €4m for the midfielder, which equates to around £3.5m.

This has been a very disappointing week for Newcastle fans. Any resolution to the stalled takeover has been delayed until next year. Joe Willock’s return doesn’t look to be imminent which was hinted at in reports last week. Young phenom Bobby Clark could be poached by Liverpool. Now we’ve lost out on a quality midfielder due to Ashley’s restrictive transfer policy.

• DrGloom

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:01 PM

Are we really short in midfield … On actual quality we’re very short but we have Shelvey, Hendricks , Longstaff x 2, Hayden , ASM , Ritchie , Anderson , Watts all getting wedge ( obviously the latter two on low wages ..albeit not compared to most of us on here 😀 )

• toon22

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:02 PM

Magscar

Not what you typed
    Is it

Ill take that as an appology
    Fair enough

• toon22

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:04 PM

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:07 PM

magscar,
    You know my feelings on SBR, why on earth did you have to bring my name in to that, twice. I’m footin incensed at that to be honest.

• lochinvar

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:08 PM

More fakery
    Feels like we’re in some sort of parallel world where nonsense rules.

NUFC are interested in signing Barkley, along with both Everton and West Ham United.Chelsea may be persuaded to sell him if the offer is right, as he is currently valued at £18m by Transfermarkt.

• DrGloom

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:09 PM

We need to ship the deadwood …clearly the problem is that nobody will buy them and Ashley won’t sanction funds to buy replacements..ASM is the only one who would raise any decent cash but what would we get as replacement …

• magscar

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:10 PM

Toon22

I do wonder about your sanity but then I remember how a WUM operates

No apology needed from me nor given

You’re wrong and you know it so unless you actually have anything of consequence to add leave me out of your obvious wummery as i dont intend to give you any more oxygen – find another decent poster to wind up if you can – NY Mag saw you off earlier as well – no contest

😀

• Romford mag

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:10 PM

lochinvar

Just another name on a long list of players that we’re linked with but will never be in for !

• toon22

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:11 PM

Now now guys

Narnia states its all fine and dandy

Cant question the utter BS

• DrGloom

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:11 PM

Barkley is literally useless , sadly for him he should have stayed at Everton , Chelsea realised they made a big mistake and clearly aston villa didn’t rate him .. this is clearly paper talk as 18 million is about 15 million above his worth and taken directly off transfrmkt

• toon22

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:12 PM

Magscar

You typed it
    Not me
    I simply responded to it, but some how im the villan in your imagination
    Who asked you to type your posts ?

• lochinvar

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:12 PM

Toon22

Do you think Little Mix could manage that?

So chilled.

• toon22

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:13 PM

Or are you claiming you didntn actually post it ?
    Wondering if youve gotten some on Munds trademake sand in early

• toon22

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:14 PM

lochinvar

😉

• lochinvar

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:15 PM

Lemina is in Nice and about to sign for them

Must have better biscuits than us.

Easy football.
    Good money
    French lifestyle.

• toon22

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:16 PM

NY

You still looking at where the moneys gone ?
    Id bet itll take you quite some time

• toon22

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:16 PM

lochinvar

Divint knock the bickies
    Penfold in on it like a rash , a real global expert

• magscar

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:18 PM

Jail

Look you pulled me up for my use of “interestingly” and i gave a straightforward response to that so when Toon 22 comes up with his extrapolated nonsense about SBR’s cancer I naturally expected that you would have been incensed by that travesty of an interpretation

Seems i misjudged you but not really surprised you hadn’t pulled him up

I ‘ve wasted enough of your time and mine ( couldn’t care less about Toon 22 as he’d only be bothering some one else) so I’m leaving it there

• NY Mag

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:20 PM

Toon22,

Sorry, I had to go do some actual work (I hate it when work gets in the way of the blog 🙂 )

Neil / the wife…I’m not gonna send some secret e-mail, but I’ll make a public plea for you to employ me……pretty please 😀

Anyway, back to the discussion.

I’ve (in between meetings) done some research and I don’t think your £7M stacks up….I’ll provide a full report with references in due course.

In the meantime can you provide the link for your original opinion…..I would genuinely like to see it.

• magicmac54

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:21 PM

Toon 22

Your an intelligent lad, ive seen you in the past construct some really good and interesting posts, dont waste your talents on the blog with endless and repetitive posts, we all despise Ashley and everything he stands for, so your only preaching to the converted, we only get one chance in this life, we are all just somewhere in time, make the best of your time and try and enjoy your life young man.

• Mund

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:21 PM

Newcastle Consortium Supporters
    2h
    More coverage on precedent set in NUFC V EPL case regarding transparency. Raised on same day we learnt the EPL are getting a new regulator due to their poor self governance. Roll on CAT disclosure when the REAL truths will emerge! #NUFC #NUFCTakeover

• NY Mag

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:25 PM

Mund,

Who’s the new epl regulator?
    I guess I’m out of the loop on this one…

• jane

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:27 PM

“The measures proposed by Crouch include:

A new independent regulator to address issues that are most relevant to the risks to the game, especially financial regulation, corporate governance and ownership.”

• jane

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:29 PM

” Raised on same day we learnt the EPL are getting a new regulator due to their poor self governance.”

Mund it’s just a proposal at the moment, a long way off happening.

• carltoon

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:30 PM

Magscar, your version of events is exactly right, i sat in the Gallowgate at that time, there was definitely quite a few fans wanting SBR out. For the reasons you stated, lots of fans feeling entitled too. It’s a pity we are all not gifted with hindsight, if only we could have kept him as a director of football,

• DubaiMicky

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:30 PM

I do wonder ow many season tickets have been sold, also (obviously I’m not a season ticket holder), how has last years payments worked?

Can anyone help me here?

• Mund

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:32 PM

NY

Long way off that being chosen. Hopefully a step in the right direction tho

• Romford mag

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:34 PM

Night all

• Anglosaxon

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:35 PM

Cartoon disgraceful the way t22 and jail have abused a most respected poster, I hope the Harrison’s come down severely on these so-called posters.,

• Mund

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:37 PM

Later Romesh

• NY Mag

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:38 PM

Jane,

I wasn’t having a go at Mund, and you shouldn’t either…….He was just copy/pasting someone else’s comments.

I simply thought that I had missed some breaking news….that was why I questioned it.

It reminds me of the football regulation bill of last year (toon22 used it a one liner for a while)…..going nowhere fast and never will

• carltoon

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:38 PM

Night Rom

• coming home

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:39 PM

After catching up on the blog it could be pretty easy to weigh in with some insults but I read NY Mags posts who is very sensible and impartial to the arguing
    OP I like reading your posts on actual football as I think like Bills son you know your onions but being Jails vigilante is bad for your health and Jail can handle himself and gives as good as he gets

Anglo has been a miss IMO and he certainly ain’t in no gang

Let’s all agree to stop the harassment if that’s OK with you toon22

• Romford mag

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:39 PM

Mund/carltoon

Goodnight take care 🙂

• carltoon

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:42 PM

The only hope of the government doing anything with this, is fan pressure, and the fear that the money from the EPL will go to Europe through a breakaway. So I suppose it will be up to NUFC fans to keep the pressure on.

• NY Mag

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:43 PM

Rom,

Sorry….never had time for a bit banter tonight, let’s have a bit craic tomorrow (happy Friday)

Take care mate 🙂

• jane

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:45 PM

“and you shouldn’t either…….He was just copy/pasting someone else’s comments.”

i thought i had got away with it. doesn’t Mund take some responsibility though?

• NY Mag

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:47 PM

Micky,

The only thing I know is, as a non season ticket holder – I can’t buy one yet 🙁

I’ve tried….it’s not possible

• carltoon

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:48 PM

NYmag have you got all the information, collated regarding money stolen from the club by Ashley, we’re waiting with bated breath.

• cleveleysbob