web analytics

Young Defender Now Available After Newcastle Missed Out In April

Early this year, Newcastle were trying to get Juventus defender Radu Dragusin to sign a pre-contract as he had just months remaining on his deal. The young Romanian was in high demand with Juventus struggling to convince him to remain in Turin.

Dragusin had made his debut for the Italian giants earlier in the season. However, he made just 4 appearances overall and his prevailing desire was to get first-team football.

In April, Juventus finally convinced the 19-year-old to put pen to paper on a new four-year deal. After the extension was announced, his agent confirmed Newcastle were in contact with his client.

This is what Dragusin’s agent Florin Manea said at the time:

“Yes, I can confirm that we have been contacted by several European clubs.

“Crystal Palace, Newcastle, Leipzig, Wolfsburg, and even Tottenham were interested in the player, we presented the offers to the boy who, however, had no doubts and wanted to stay at Juventus.

“He grew up here, now they know him and he has adapted, Radu considers the club one of the top five teams in the world.

“We are very happy, we waited a while but it was worth it. Radu will have the opportunity to fight with the best in the world, he has a great desire to stay here and will work hard to become the starter in the future. his will.”

There’s news coming out of Italy that new Juventus manager Massimiliano Allegri has put the promising young center-back up for sale. Sport Witness have cited a report from Calciomercato that Dragusin is now looking for a new club.

The report doesn’t name Newcastle but with our interest confirmed from earlier in the year, maybe he could re-emerge as a target. Of course, Newcastle’s previous interest may have hinged on him being a free agent this summer. With him signing his new contract, he’ll cost significantly more.

There is no fee mentioned in this latest report but Crystal Palace, RB Leipzig, and Sassuolo are named as potential landing spots. Bruce is looking to add some youth to the backline and while at 19 he may be a bit young for this season, Dragusin could be one to watch to see if he ends up back on Newcastle’s radar.

It looks like Newcastle will lose teenage sensation Bobby Clark to Liverpool. Newcastle have offered the 16-year-old a scholarship but according to Miles Starforth with the Shields Gazette, he’s decided his future lies at Anfield.

• geordietom

Jul 23, 2021 at 4:01 PM

I Broke Wind in an elevator yesterday… it was wrong on so many levels.

• WLtoon

Jul 23, 2021 at 4:04 PM

Jail,from prev

Depends which fan bases you are comparing them to, if you support any of the greedy 6 then you might not blame them for believing at least players they re linked with.
    Bearing in mind what we have had to put up with over the last 15 years nearly, and Ashley`s lack of ambition, it`s little wonder some fans get pelters for believing stuff that is obviously pie in the sky pipe dreams in some cases.
    As far as TO stories coming from BShitting ITK`s, they are not worth the reading time.

• Adamn_92

Jul 23, 2021 at 4:07 PM

Classic transfer rumour, just throw in a name that we were linked with last season and claim we’re interested again this season.

• Mund

Jul 23, 2021 at 4:10 PM

The other day, my friend told me I was delusional…

I nearly fell off my unicorn!

• kimbo

Jul 23, 2021 at 4:11 PM

How many people have not renewed their Season tickets on this blog.
    2 not renewed by me.

• WLtoon

Jul 23, 2021 at 4:12 PM

Anyway, can`t be sitting on here on a day like this, time to enjoy.

• carltoon

Jul 23, 2021 at 4:12 PM

Not all nufc fans are gullible, maybe a small minority, all we’re guilty of is wanting a better owner, a good manger, and decent players, who want to play for the incredible fans, and who would even believe anything that despicable SJ says. And why run down the fans, it’s Ashley that has divided them,

• Mund

Jul 23, 2021 at 4:13 PM

Here here carltoon

• NY Mag

Jul 23, 2021 at 4:15 PM

I didn’t know you needed a season ticket for this blog 😀

Sorry, I’ll get me coat…..

• Romford mag

Jul 23, 2021 at 4:16 PM

And I’ll shut the door for you 😉

• geordietom

Jul 23, 2021 at 4:16 PM

My friends told me I could never milk a unicorn
    After searching for 30 years, I finally found one, and milked it.

It was Legend Dairy

• geordietom

Jul 23, 2021 at 4:18 PM

What do a Unicorn and an ocean filled with orange soda have in common?
    They are both a Fanta Sea

• NY Mag

Jul 23, 2021 at 4:18 PM

Rom,

You also get to kick me up the Jacksie on me way oot….. 😀

• Romford mag

Jul 23, 2021 at 4:19 PM

NY

Aye that was my thinking mate 😀

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 23, 2021 at 4:21 PM

chancel,
    Aye, that’s all it is, his opinion. Unfortunately he’s passing off some of his opinions as facts and claiming to be in the know. Ashley, Staveley etc obviously knew about the delay. Someone claiming to know everything he does would have known that was coming, instead he claimed that we’d be hearing good news that:
    “There will be some sort of information out this week that will reassure fans that this takeover will get done. #nufc”
    He made that up chancel in the hope that we would and some people are still taking the guy seriously.

• geordietom

Jul 23, 2021 at 4:21 PM

NY …

or as they say in the states kick you up the Fanny …

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 23, 2021 at 4:23 PM

Mund,
    It’s hear hear, as in listen to this.

• chancel be a fine thing

Jul 23, 2021 at 4:23 PM

What is pink and white with 2 horns and 10 legs.
    2 unicorns and half a pig.

• magscar

Jul 23, 2021 at 4:24 PM

carltoon

Far too positive – give your had a shake lass 😉

• Adamn_92

Jul 23, 2021 at 4:24 PM

Jail

He said that he guarantee’d arbitration would 100% be done at the end of August. Also he apparently knows that the league showed the arbitration panel screenshots of the PIF website and got laughed at… even though that would be extremely confidential information. Those two things alone should make anyone think twice about anything he says. One is completely wrong and the other is complete nonsense. If people want to believe itk’s then they can believe what they like, but don’t keep believing them when they’re getting things wrong.

• magscar

Jul 23, 2021 at 4:26 PM

As to tweets most if not all know the score about them so read if you want or ignore – there’s more dubious stuff posted every day

• carltoon

Jul 23, 2021 at 4:28 PM

Jail, both here here, and hear, hear. Are acceptable, but your right in saying hear, hear, is the correct, but here here is still widely used. 😉

• magscar

Jul 23, 2021 at 4:28 PM

carltoon

“had” haha
    left that open to interpretation ( bad mistake!!) could be “hand” (ok by me) or as i had jokingly intended “head” 😀

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 23, 2021 at 4:30 PM

magscar,
    I read back your post and thought it totally unnecessary that you claimed that I’d find toon22’s comment funny. It had absolutely nothing to do with me. You claimed I should have mentioned something to him about it but you didn’t expect me to, I’d have to read his posts to have seen it, I think it deserves an apology but now I’ve said that I probably won’t get one.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 23, 2021 at 4:31 PM

carltoon,
    Here here sounds like hear hear when said aloud and so arises the confusion.

• magscar

Jul 23, 2021 at 4:32 PM

Jail

I’ve moved on 🙂

• carltoon

Jul 23, 2021 at 4:32 PM

Adam, no one believes them man!!!!!! But what else is there to talk about, you don’t really think Newcastle fans are stupid. There would be nothing to discuss if we didn’t have this takeover are made up players supposedly going to be on our radar.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 23, 2021 at 4:34 PM

No apology then, nice one, well done you 🙂

• carltoon

Jul 23, 2021 at 4:34 PM

Jail of course, but I had to look it up, but here here is widely used.

• chancel be a fine thing

Jul 23, 2021 at 4:35 PM

I personally love reading a bit of ITK stuff, if it’s genuine. By which I mean comes from a genuine source with contacts, and which doesn’t necessarily have to pan out to be true, but was at least good info at the time.
    Unfortunately there are too many wannabe tricksters on Twitter and the like who water down the whole thing.
    It’s frustrating when you follow a source on Twitter for your Newcastle titbits and then the his mam confiscates his mobile and laptop for getting a bad school report and all the info dries up.

• Mund

Jul 23, 2021 at 4:35 PM

Grammar Geordies!! Who would of thought it….

• carltoon

Jul 23, 2021 at 4:35 PM

Mags, had a way!

• magscar

Jul 23, 2021 at 4:36 PM

Problem with the endless links many of which have little foundation is the angst caused when we seemingly lose out on players which then gets repeated for years after as gospel

It’s worse under Ashley because the Press have no idea what he’s doing so most is conjecture

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 23, 2021 at 4:36 PM

carltoon,
    “The correct phrase is: Hear, hear! That is, unless someone is asking, “Who wants more wine?” Then you can say, “Here, here!” and pound your fists on the table. “Hear, hear!” simply means “hear him” or “hear her” and is a sign of approval of the previous speaker”

• carltoon

Jul 23, 2021 at 4:36 PM

Chancel, ha ha ha

• Mund

Jul 23, 2021 at 4:37 PM

Did I ever get an apology? For all those wild and false accusations?

Didn’t expect one but don’t expect to hear that same person ask for one

• Adamn_92

Jul 23, 2021 at 4:37 PM

Carltoon, why single me out i’m not the only one who’s commented on it? It was a reply and follow up to Jails comment on it. No I don’t think fans are stupid, where did I say that?

‘There would be nothing to discuss if we didn’t have this takeover are made up players supposedly going to be on our radar.’

We are discussing it, or am I not allowed to discuss them if I think they’re wrong? I’m only commenting on what’s either been put on the blog or already being discussed.

• carltoon

Jul 23, 2021 at 4:38 PM

Jail, yes I looked it up. I’m pounding on the table now, get me drink quick!

• Mund

Jul 23, 2021 at 4:38 PM

Nobody remembers when you are right but never forgets when you are wrong….

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 23, 2021 at 4:39 PM

chancel,
    There’s nothing better than hearing genuine ITK, it brings excitement when it’s good news and makes you feel good that you’re hearing it before the mainstream news, Torqtoon was great. It’s when people are deliberately making stuff up for attention that gets to you.