web analytics

Dummett, Lewis, And Saint-Maximin Start At Doncaster As Bruce Is Missing Many Magpies

This is the team that Steve Bruce has named for this evening’s friendly at Doncaster Rovers. It has four changes from the defeat at York City last weekend.

It appears that Steve Bruce may be altering the formation to a back four unless Isaac Hayden is playing at center-back. Allan Saint-Maximin gets a start after coming on in the second half at York City.

Kelland Watts only makes the bench after his promising display on Sunday. However, there are four youngsters amongst the substitutes in Oisín McEntee, Tom Allan, Jack Young, and Matthew Bondswell. Here is an introduction to four of the youngsters on the bench tonight provided on nufc.co.uk.

Dan Langley is back in goal with Bruce missing four first-team goalkeepers. Young Max Thompson is again on the bench.

Joelinton, who came off early last weekend with a thigh problem, is not risked tonight. Yoshinori Muto (illness), Javier Manquillo (undisclosed), and Matt Ritchie (slight knock) are also missing with Jonjo Shelvey still out with a calf problem.

Here is who Doncaster manager Richie Wellens has selected for the hosts.

The radio broadcast for this match can be heard at nufc.co.uk.

Howay The Lads!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 23, 2021 at 7:25 PM

1-0 Frazer I meant! 🙂

• Romford mag

Jul 23, 2021 at 7:25 PM

Bill

If you’re still having problems listening to the match ?
    The link at the top of this thread (nufc.co.uk one) is working for me !

• Mund

Jul 23, 2021 at 7:26 PM

Newcastle United FC
    @NUFC
    37s
    12′ The Magpies take the lead at the Keepmoat Stadium as Ryan Fraser curls the ball into the bottom right hand corner from the edge of the box.

[0-1] #NUFC

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 23, 2021 at 7:27 PM

Romford

Cheers, it’s working OK now!

• magic hat

Jul 23, 2021 at 7:28 PM

Saw shelvey this morning headed to the training ground… I live nearby

• Munster Mag

Jul 23, 2021 at 7:32 PM

Rotonda, I can praise Rafa. You can’t accept criticism.

Obsessive love, it’s a mess.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 23, 2021 at 7:33 PM

Ryan Fraser, like a new signing

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 23, 2021 at 7:33 PM

Beetlejuice!!!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 23, 2021 at 7:35 PM

Hendrick losing ball well?

Wotta buy!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 23, 2021 at 7:37 PM

Longstaff 2-0!

• geordietom

Jul 23, 2021 at 7:37 PM

2 nowt

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 23, 2021 at 7:39 PM

Doncaster have a load of trialists, so we should be winning.

• magscar

Jul 23, 2021 at 7:40 PM

Jail

This is getting out of hand and as you still seem genuinely irritated and without going back I can only guess at what you are getting annoyed at but i wil try to put to bed

There are 2 things I can recall

Firstly i said ” interestingly” which was merely a comment (poorly chosen with hindsight?) to merely extend my point that SBR’s time as manager was up in my opinion and many others ie that he never went on to another mangement job

Secondly

Toon 22 for his usual reasons as he does with many posters tried to extrapolate my comment and your reaction into a poor attempt at misplaced black humour about SBR’s cancer for his own purposes and one that I found offensive

So that annoyed me – but not seemingly anyone else (including your mate The Wife ) and I wondered in my post to him would it annoy you as had the “interestingly” choice of word but didn’t expect (because it was Toon22) that it would

Ok so I get that he is your hero but I was talking of the time that the sacking happened and my recollections of the lead up to it and what many fellow fans felt at that time

You often have a go at the fans of that time and I was trying to detail what some of the feeling was as I was there ( others around then have since confirmed that they recognise my recollections as representative of many)

For the record none of the fans i went to match with disliked SBR and never had anything bad to say but it was felt it should have been dealt with in house behind closed doors at the end of the previous season with respect to a great man

In fact we would have welcomed he be retained in a director of football role but as we now understand it SBR wasn’t interested in doing so

May be we would have got a young Mourinho in

I honestly don’t feel i have anything to apologise for and didn’t intend to hurt your feelings

I thought we had moved on and had had enough last night so had no wish to revive subject when you brought up again as I’m sure others would agree especially as to how things have blown up out of proportion.

Hope that helps but my wife is not happy at prospect at me taking the TV away for a second night running (PC runs on it) and I’m not going to go on tablet so that’s all from me

To be honest my appetite for indulging on here has been chastened but I’ll no doubt be back when I feel it right

• The Ledge

Jul 23, 2021 at 7:40 PM

Oh F..k no not the Rafa brigade starting again.Lol

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 23, 2021 at 7:43 PM

2-1 now

• Romford mag

Jul 23, 2021 at 7:43 PM

Mags

Hope you’re back soon mate !

• chancel be a fine thing

Jul 23, 2021 at 7:47 PM

Rafa was never 2-0 up against Donny so quickly.

• Toon Tang

Jul 23, 2021 at 7:48 PM

Even if we win, am I still ok to besmirch Bruce or shall I save it up till the new season?

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 23, 2021 at 7:50 PM

Toon Tang

I suspect that TFG will always be fair game whilst he’s here! 🙂

• Ron Knee

Jul 23, 2021 at 7:53 PM

Chris Waugh@ChrisDHWaugh

Hasn’t quite happened for Callum Wilson in front of goal yet tonight. During a break in play, he slaps his hands in frustration. Has had a few half-chances, but hasn’t quite managed to get his shot away early enough. Being a real nuisance for defenders as usual, though. #NUFc

• magscar

Jul 23, 2021 at 7:54 PM

Rom

We’ll see but as a reader since it’s inception and a poster on and off for at least 7 years having observing mayhem on here without individuals being pulled up……….

Thanks to all I have had the best of chats and musical interludes with – especially the good guys and gals on Nightshift

Later ….

• magscar

Jul 23, 2021 at 7:57 PM

Lesh

Really enjoyed the link

“Come as you are” yeah my sentiments 🙂

• Anglosaxon

Jul 23, 2021 at 7:59 PM

Magscar mate, you’re a true Gentleman, hope to see you soon.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 23, 2021 at 7:59 PM

Half time.

• Wor B

Jul 23, 2021 at 7:59 PM

carltoon

I think you can safely pull my tights back down now, things seem to be back on an even keel, and no peeking!

😆

• Toon Tang

Jul 23, 2021 at 8:00 PM

Egb, cheers marra I’ll enter the chat again at full time hahaaa

• Mund

Jul 23, 2021 at 8:04 PM

Wor

Be more like squinting 😉

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 23, 2021 at 8:05 PM

Wor B

Not sure that I want to know that your posterior is on an even keel! 🙂

• geordietom