web analytics

Newcastle Unveil Away Kit And Release Images From Thursday’s Training Session

Newcastle United have unveiled the 2021/22 Castore away kit. It’s a black, grey, and gold design which looks very classy.

There’s now just the third shirt from our new kit supplier, Castore, to be released. These kits definitely have a different look than the Puma ones.

Newcastle have also published some photographs of yesterday’s training session ahead of tonight’s match at Burton Albion. Unfortunately, both Allan Saint-Maximin and Karl Darlow are still ill with Allan said to be ‘poorly’.

Joelinton has been training all week and should be available tonight to give Bruce another option up front. Against Rotherham on Tuesday, he had only two strikers in the squad.

Jack Young and Joe White are both still training with the first-team. Tom Allan has also rejoined the group. Young has played in the last two friendlies while the 18-year-old White made his first appearance at Rotherham.

There were not signs of Jonjo Shelvey or Javier Manquillo, who are both recovering from injuries. Yoshinori Muto was also not featured in any of the images as his future is still to be sorted.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jul 30, 2021 at 10:50 AM

Photographs of a relegated team, as things stand. Players must know it too, and Bruce, and the coaching staff, while Charnley and Ashley figure we probably have enough, so let’s roll the dice.

• Adamn_92

Jul 30, 2021 at 10:53 AM

Probably my favourite most recent kit we’ve had was the 06/07 away kit. I had it in long sleeve and wore it constantly whenever I went to football training or for a kick about. I think it split opinion at the time but I absolutely loved the look of it and thought it looked a bit classy.

• onmeedsun

Jul 30, 2021 at 10:59 AM

Carltoon, you can get old style shirts on the Toffs website. I’ve also kept my old classics. I had about 4 I didn’t want to keep and sent them to Africa. And you won’t be depressed after we’ve taken the pitch!

• onmeedsun

Jul 30, 2021 at 11:01 AM

Offloading Muto and then sorting Willock is key. Only then will deals be done as we’ll know how much left in the kitty. We really are so impoverished. Ashley deserves to lose his entire investment on the club.

• carltoon

Jul 30, 2021 at 11:05 AM

Omeedsun, ha ha I don’t wear them but used to buy my daughter three every season, she had all the classics, i must have given them away. I wore one for the last cup final, I’ll put it as my avatar if I can find how to do it. 🙂

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 30, 2021 at 11:10 AM

The day we signed Shearer…

I was on a cruise waiting in a queue to disembark and a guy in front of me shouted “hey, Geordie boy, you’ve signed Shearer”,

I’d palled up with some Man U and Spurs fans who were in the queue with me and I thought the guy was winding me and them up.

It wasn’t until we got into Singapore and went to a bar that I finally found out it was true…

I rang one of my mates from the bar phone to get the gen and I was shovelling coins in by the barrel load to get the full story.

Magic moment 🙂

• carltoon

Jul 30, 2021 at 11:11 AM

If only the club, would just do what they have to, bring in The players we need, instead of that hopeless manager coming out with stupid comments that infuriate fans. Do they realize how it affects people’s mental health. It certainly brings me down.

• carltoon

Jul 30, 2021 at 11:15 AM

I went to the ground they day he signed. The brewery unfurled a giant flag with” TOP DOG “. What a magical day, there seemed no way we could fail. We dared to dream, there is just no way you can understand why we failed to win a trophy or even the league, The entertainers.

• geordietom

Jul 30, 2021 at 11:26 AM

Alan Shearer in todays market would be worth £138 million …

• Mund

Jul 30, 2021 at 11:28 AM

Tom

Nee chance! If Kane is going for around 160M then Shearer would be closer to 200M

• JohnJ

Jul 30, 2021 at 11:28 AM

Carlton at no 8

How I wish we could have a young Shearer now – he was ace!

Mind Les Ferguson was pretty hot as well just wish he had stayed longer!

• onmeedsun

Jul 30, 2021 at 11:28 AM

Carltoon
    Bruce being a local boy as well. Just spouting lines given to him by Ashley’s goons. Shearer needs to tell him some home truths.
    And the entertainers. It went wrong when Keegan walked out. If only SJH could have managed Keegan emotional state better.

• Munster Mag

Jul 30, 2021 at 11:28 AM

Mund, any comments from Patterson recently? I must have a look at Wraith if he is on tonite but it all seems to have gone a little flat. To be fair I havent been on here a lot but apart from the useless transfer work causing some natural misery, the CAT optimism that was there seems to have dissipated?

• geordietom

Jul 30, 2021 at 11:30 AM

Mund …

thats what it says in the shield gazzette , sorry it said £134 million

i would of thought today he would be worth more than that …

• Mund

Jul 30, 2021 at 11:31 AM

Munster

We just have to wait till the 28th of September now and see what transpires.

Definitely gone flat

• barkel

Jul 30, 2021 at 11:31 AM

Adamn_92 .. I reckon our best kit were mid 90’s. I still have this one https://historicfootballshirts.co.uk/shop/bnwt-newcastle-united-away-football-shirt-1996-97-adults-xl-adidas-b916/ but I absolutely adored this one https://historicfootballshirts.co.uk/shop/newcastle-united-away-football-shirt-1995-96-adults-large-adidas-d200/ my mother convinced me to donate this to charity about 15 years ago though

• DubaiMicky

Jul 30, 2021 at 11:31 AM

Adamn_92 #2 Mate, that’s liftin’

Give me the Brown Ale top every time.

• Mund

Jul 30, 2021 at 11:31 AM

Ah sorry Tom I thought that was your thought.

Definitely worth more.

• Mund

Jul 30, 2021 at 11:32 AM

95/95 best away top and best top all round for me

• geordietom

Jul 30, 2021 at 11:33 AM

My favourite toon top is the royal blue one with the gold trim with the brown ale logo …

• Reilly

Jul 30, 2021 at 11:37 AM

NUFC 360
    @NUFC360
    Newcastle owner Mike Ashley is set to hand Steve Bruce a new three-year deal after the Magpies boss kept the club in the Premier League last season

• Aces-of-Eights

Jul 30, 2021 at 11:38 AM

Omg rumours of 3 year deal for Bruce. Get those season tickets lads. 2 more weeks. 1 more season. No takeover

• Mund

Jul 30, 2021 at 11:39 AM

The Daily Star are as reputable as my links 😆

• carltoon

Jul 30, 2021 at 11:40 AM

Nooooo

• Adamn_92

Jul 30, 2021 at 11:41 AM

Barkel and Dubai

That’s my favourite recent one (although I guess even now 06/07 was quite a while ago!)

My favourite Newcastle one is either the 95/96 away kit or 97/98 away kit. I wasn’t as football mad then (was only 3/4 years old and then 5/6 years old) so the 06/07 one is my favourite most recent one from memory that I had 🙂

• Munster Mag

Jul 30, 2021 at 11:42 AM

Well that flat feeling is all your fault then Mund.

Obviously ( winkyemojithingy)

• Munster Mag

Jul 30, 2021 at 11:43 AM

Steve Bruce 3 years , nice work if you can get it….

If we lose Bonna we’re gonna ( get it ? ) 🙂

• Mund

Jul 30, 2021 at 11:43 AM

Obvs 🙂

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 30, 2021 at 11:46 AM

The day we signed Bobby Shinton…

I nearly hoyed my ST in the Tyne.

• geordietom

Jul 30, 2021 at 11:47 AM

so the YES MAN maybe getting a 3 year contract YCMIU …

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Jul 30, 2021 at 11:50 AM

‘Now Stevie if you don’t argue or rock the boat and agree that there will be no signings I’ll give you a three year contract.’
    ‘Thank you Mr Ashley where do I sign!!!’

• ilovetoon8788

Jul 30, 2021 at 11:53 AM

We can offer Bruce a 3 year deal while we have zero incomings for the first team.

Nufc are a disgrace to the Premier league.

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Jul 30, 2021 at 11:55 AM

If Steve Bruce signs a new deal what does that say about our takeover hopes then?

• Adamn_92

Jul 30, 2021 at 11:57 AM

Does Bruce’s current contract run out at the end of the season? It’s only a rumour at the moment, if it did happen though and he gets a 3 year deal then Ashley can’t be confident of a takeover before the end of the season. Why would you offer a manager a 3 year deal if you’ll be gone in a year and their contract also runs out in a year? If it’s true it sounds like a way of Bruce ensuring he get’s a tasty pay off if he gets sacked at any point.

• Rotonda heights

Jul 30, 2021 at 11:58 AM

Chinese water torture

Rafa leaves
    Bruce arrives
    Takeover agreed
    Hoffman appointed
    Takeover called off
    No sign of Willock
    Ashley here for the foreseeable
    Bruce contract extended.

Oh well, lets hope the 30000 give bruce dogs abuse. Nice bit of humility and self deprecation shown there by the way Mund. Fair play.

• Asi Fish

Jul 30, 2021 at 11:59 AM

In a row of flashy, glitzy expensive shops, we are the grubby, dull pound shop on half price sale.

Thanks Mike

• Aces-of-Eights

Jul 30, 2021 at 12:01 PM

Its rumour at mo but if he did sign 3 year contract will anyone on here cancel season ticket?

• geordietom

Jul 30, 2021 at 12:03 PM

Adam Widdrington
    @AddingRandomWit
    1h
    An entire year later and not a single step closer to #NUFCTakeover. Also live tv interviews are terrifying haha. #NUFC
    Quote Tweet
    Adam Widdrington
    @AddingRandomWit
    · Jul 30, 2020
    My live appearance tonight on Look North representing @tfNUFC.

I give instant reaction to the news that the proposed PIF takeover of #NUFC has failed. #NUFCTakeover