web analytics

Newcastle Announce U23 Coaching Departure As Local Lad Makes Debut In Scotland

Newcastle United have announced that Gary Caldwell’s brief tenure as the U23 lead coach has come to an end. Caldwell was appointed just three weeks ago to come in after head coach Chris Hogg departed for MK Dons. Kevin Richardson will take the helm until a new U23 head coach is appointed which should be happening very soon.

It seems very strange that Caldwell lasted just three weeks, though that may have been in the initial agreement to join the club. However, it seems that it just didn’t work out as no new coach has been appointed and Richardson will oversee some fixtures before a permanent appointment is made.

In other news, local lad Tom Allan made his debut over the weekend for Greenock Morton. The 21-year-old came off the bench in a 3-1 win over Celtic B in the Scottish Cup with around 20 minutes remaining.

Allan joined Greenock Morton on deadline day along with U23 teammate Oisin McEntee, who is currently away with the Republic of Ireland’s U21 squad. This is a massive move for Allan, who turns 22 later this month.

The versatile attacker made his Newcastle debut in the FA Cup replay win over Rochdale in January 2020. He notched an assist on the goal by Joelinton. The youngster had racked up an impressive goalscoring record for the U23s that season.

However, he went on loan to League One’s Accrington Stanley last season. It was a lost period for Allan as he managed only 8 appearances with Stanley before being recalled in January.

Hopefully, he gets plenty of action with Morton Greenock and potentially earns a new deal. His current contract runs out next summer so we’re pulling for the local lad to do well on this loan move.

How Will Newcastle Do At Manchester United On Saturday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Mad Frog Boom 22

Sep 7, 2021 at 11:36 AM

Bruce out, Mike out. NOW!

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

Sep 7, 2021 at 11:39 AM

an interim coach replacing the interim coach…we are a slick operation.

• Adamn_92

Sep 7, 2021 at 11:54 AM

What even is this club anymore. Look how quiet the blog has become the last few weeks. The club is draining any sort of interest from fans by sleepwalking into nothingness. There is nothing to be excited about, the decision making is more bizarre than ever, the football is awful, the manager is hopeless, the owner is clueless, we have a never-ending takeover which fans seem to have more or less forgotten about now or are just uninterested, football corruption is alive and kicking, the ‘rich’ clubs keep spending and pulling away and we don’t seem to be able to do anything about it. Even protests feel half-assed as a lot of fans have lost the heart and lost the will.

We desperately need some positive news from the CAT case this month. A positive update from the buying consortium would be nice, or a message from the club stating talks are still ongoing and everyone is committed to getting it completed ASAP. That’s really the only positive news we can hope for right now. We all know Bruce is going nowhere and the football is unlikely to improve to a point where we get excited.

• Not another deJong

Sep 7, 2021 at 12:06 PM

Gary Caldwell was not desperate enough to get on with his job quietly and without asking for some sort of professionalism.

• TTB@W ARMY

Sep 7, 2021 at 12:14 PM

Wouldn’t put all your eggs in one basket with the CAT case, personally think it’s just for compensation. Really you would have wanted Arbitration first to see if the PIF were separate to the State, if no then use the CAT case to reverse the decision.

• Adamn_92

Sep 7, 2021 at 12:19 PM

TTB@W

Yeah i’m not confident on it, or the arbitration case to be honest. But it’s the only thing we can be remotely hopeful towards in terms of positive news at the moment. It’s this month so there’s a small chance of something positive but that’s the only thing really. So expect the worst but hope for the best I guess.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Sep 7, 2021 at 12:25 PM

Mr Ashlie have a look at these words of warning.

Here are 5 signs that your running of the club is flogging a dead horse:
    A solution is to dismount and find a fresh horse/owner – i.e. to change the fundamentals of the business.

1. Frequent changes of leadership but with no change of direction or strategy – i.e. changing the rider

2. Emulating industry “best practices”- i.e. studying the horsemanship of those best at riding dead horses

3. The MA strategy that attempts to grow market share by acquiring failing competitors i.e. harnessing several dead horses together

4. Introducing new KPIs, stretch targets and incentive payments i.e. flogging the dead horse even harder

5. Implementing cost cutting and efficiency measures i.e. no longer feeding the dead horse/the dying club

The solution is to dismount and find a fresh horse (manager/owner) – i.e. to change the fundamentals of the business.

I’ve made a few changes to the original text that I copied and pasted.

• cleveleysbob

Sep 7, 2021 at 12:28 PM

In other news, Westoe Village Annual Fayre is on Saturday 11th September, if you want your mind taken off the NUFC sh*t show for a while.

Normally this Annual event is held in Jun/July, but Covid prevented lasts years event and caused this years to be rescheduled.

All proceeds from the event go to good local causes and it gives you the chance (if you’re quick) to get your hands on Bob’s home made cherry scones at the home bake stall.

Forget what’s happening @ Old Trafford, unwind for a short while in the splendour of Westoe Village, a little oasis of calm in the middle of tumultuous modern life. Have trip to South Shields, visit the Village and then spend rest of day at beach, it’s supposed to be a fine day.

Advert over, back to the lack of football blog 😀

• Essex Geordie Bill

Sep 7, 2021 at 12:30 PM

Bob

Do you do a delivery service to Essex?

• TTB@W ARMY

Sep 7, 2021 at 12:32 PM

Adamn_92 the only glimmer for me would be if he got his compensation and it allowed him to sell the club for a lower price to someone who would have our clubs best interests at heart.
    Personally I think Keith Patterson has been duped by Ashley into starting the legal action off in the first place and still scratch my head a little to as why he would when Keith never stood to gain from it.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Sep 7, 2021 at 12:36 PM

Bob

I purchased some sour Morrelo cherries at my local refill shop, you should try using them in your Scones (scons) if you can get them, really tasty.

• Scythe For Bruce

Sep 7, 2021 at 12:37 PM

Lee Charnley Bunga Party
    Sep 7, 2021 at 8:53 AM
    @Jail

Bruce hasn’t been interviewed about the game yet this week so I imagine he would update about Wilson’s injury

One thing though is Wilson has been taken off in every game so far this season in games that we have been chasing the game that screams to me that he isn’t fit

Wilson finished the game that we lost to Villa 🙂

• TTB@W ARMY

Sep 7, 2021 at 12:38 PM

If there’s a squad place free wouldn’t be surprised to see Andy Carrol come back on a short term deal. Unless of course he was last seasons mewl.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Sep 7, 2021 at 12:40 PM

I personally think the T/O is a dead horse but I reckon that KP was a hard line fan and really wanted the T/O to succeed so was prepared to totally stick his neck out and wanted nothing more than some ambitious new owners.

• lesh

Sep 7, 2021 at 12:40 PM

Watched that BBC ‘Fever Pitch’ programme about the birth and growth of the EPL.

One standout was that a small group of the FA’s then First Division so called ‘big clubs’ (the usual suspects among them) saw the potential, more money for them in a breakaway league. Together, they managed to persuade the FA to sanction a new league- the Premier League – with new prize monies that would assure the ‘big’ clubs of increased income.. A cartel?

Of course it’s a cartel and the ‘big clubs” greed was apparent and they colluded with some other European big hitters to present the threat of the breakaway ESL.

Does anything change? Surely the involvement and collusion of the then Premier driving cartel is further evidence of today’s cartel which controls, influences the EPL and their own self-interests.

Nothing changes

• Essex Geordie Bill

Sep 7, 2021 at 12:43 PM

TTB&W

I’d love to see that as well but I reckon that that is another DH.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Sep 7, 2021 at 12:45 PM

Coffee break, later.

• Adamn_92

Sep 7, 2021 at 12:46 PM

TTB@W

My worry would be if he got compensation, he may just be willing to sell to anyone who entered the picture. Even though it’s a slim chance they’d be worse than Ashley, they could still be terrible. American owners with zero interest in the club, asset stripping it and only interested in profit for example still wouldn’t be great.
    Keith had the best intentions when he began I think, then realised as it dragged on that the league wouldn’t take him seriously and he didn’t have the money necessarily to continue the fight. I assume he had contact with the consortium and club to some degree and it was then decided that it would be a stronger case and taken seriously if the club took it on. Whether Ashley and the club done so and have decided to go a different route with it or deceived him, we’ll have to wait and see. Wouldn’t be a surprise though.

• lesh

Sep 7, 2021 at 12:47 PM

Essex

When I was a kid, my ma used to make wedding cakes etc and there were always almonds and maraschino cherries in the cupboard. Needless to say, I developed a taste for all things sweet.

Scroll forward 30 years and the local pub I used had maraschino cherries behind the bar for the ladies’ drinks – or so the landlord thought! I used to get odd looks when I began asking for a cherry with me pints!

Yum yum yum.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 7, 2021 at 12:50 PM

TTB@W ARMY,
    I had a sneaking suspicion that Ashley was just after compo as well and very much felt that he’d used KP’s initial push, kindly requesting to overtake it for him for his own personal gain. I think KP realises this now and that’s why we don’t hear from him as much, I think he’s firmly out of the picture.

• lesh

Sep 7, 2021 at 12:52 PM

Adamn_92

I can see where you’re coming from about Ashley’s use of the CAT case to get compensation for the takeover failing and the loss of some £300m from the sale.

That could explain why he seems to be running the club down.

Whether he wins the case is another matter and if he loses, NUFC’s down with little chance of getting back, left even further behind the so called ‘big’ clubs.

• lesh

Sep 7, 2021 at 12:54 PM

Adam, Jail

I’ve said it before, but Keith Patterson has the look of a broken man and his efforts should be championed by NUFC fans, rather than ridiculed by some.

In my eyes, the man’s a hero

• Adamn_92

Sep 7, 2021 at 12:57 PM

Lesh

We won’t fully know until after the legal proceedings I suppose, but it’s not something you would put past Ashley. Let someone do the leg work, take it over and make a profit from it. I like to think his main aim is still to sell up as I think business with PIF would be a huge foot in the door for him going forward. Opening business revenues for him. But I can’t imagine he’ll fight tooth and nail for a takeover if he’s told he can only have compensation. I think he’d probably make do with that and move on with more money in his pocket.

• TTB@W ARMY

Sep 7, 2021 at 12:57 PM

Jail I think you’re bang on there, if you look back to when Ashley brought the action against the Premier league there was a list of things he wanted the case to achieve and surprise surprise compensation was at the very top. If the PIF were still around surely top of the agenda would be to change the decision by the Premier league.

• TTB@W ARMY

Sep 7, 2021 at 1:01 PM

EGB I wouldn’t mind him back if Bruce played him more often. He should have played both games against Leeds as they were known to struggle from set pieces last season, Bruce was even told this before one of those games but went on to say he was too busy to know things like that.

• Adamn_92

Sep 7, 2021 at 1:01 PM

What I would say though, is if Keith thought he’d been deceived or regrets handing it over to the club, I don’t see why he wouldn’t have said something to that degree yet. He’s mentioned NDA’s on twitter a few times, but it’s public knowledge that his case was taken on by Ashley and the club. So I don’t see why any form of NDA would stop him from making a statement along the lines of, I regret handing the case over, I feel like I may have been lied to or I feel like the club have let me down etc. He wouldn’t be sharing any information or talking about anything that isn’t already public knowledge.

If he felt strongly that he’d been deceived I think he would have said. My guess is he’s more disheartened now because even he didn’t think it would go on this long and he’s far less confident now than when he started.

• geordie157

Sep 7, 2021 at 1:02 PM

Hard to tell with a lot of these youngsters if they are good enough or whether they have that potential to be late developer’s who come back to haunt us after being released.

Barlaser was clearly decent but set back by injuries. Others have had failed loan moves, is that down to the player or wrong time, wrong club.

Sangare looked good for Accrington then got injured. Allan probably will go a similar route to Roberts and Sterry. Sterry certainly looks too good for league two.

McIntee I don’t know much about.

Watts is now playing in a back 4 rather than a 5 so that should help his development.

White and Stephenson seem to be impressing, like Anderson it’s important how we manage them and don’t hold them back like we did with Matty.

There’s others like Young, Barrett, Wilson etc. Surely they should be out on loan, even going to Gateshead would get them experience.

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Sep 7, 2021 at 1:03 PM

It wouldn’t surprise anyone if Ashley got compensation which no one would know the amount he got and then just continue to run Newcastle the way he does just putting in enough funds and a patsy coach to keep us up every season

He would probably then bus other teams fans in for free to fill the stadium

• cleveleysbob

Sep 7, 2021 at 1:05 PM

EGB, sorry no delivery service, but I do use Morello cherries so I suppose that’s a double blow, sorry 🙁

• TTB@W ARMY

Sep 7, 2021 at 1:05 PM

Would Ashley be able to claim more compensation via the CAT case if we were relegated. I could see him doing it by making out uncertainty over the takeoverand when it would happen led to him not being able to invest.

• TTB@W ARMY

Sep 7, 2021 at 1:09 PM

Adamn_92 I am sure I have heard Keith say he and Ashley knew each other and when it came to Keith writing the original letter he wasn’t sure whether to but Mike persuaded him to.

• Adamn_92

Sep 7, 2021 at 1:24 PM

Reilly

Look like it could be something positive, but it’s hard to tell. We’ve had so many Company House updates that are supposedly positive news and it’s never turned out that way sadly. Interesting that the date on it is the same date we put out the statement about arbitration though.

• captainmarvel

Sep 7, 2021 at 1:27 PM

If Ashley gets compensation he has won..
    I cannot understand how people think he could get compensation without being able to sell the club its nonsense..

• captainmarvel

Sep 7, 2021 at 1:28 PM

Reilly, Can you download it?

• terencelim

Sep 7, 2021 at 1:31 PM

Anthony Taylor appointed for the game means it’s a 100% win for ManUtd with controversial decisions.

• lesh

Sep 7, 2021 at 1:34 PM

Reilly

What has NCUK Investments Ltd got to do with the proposed takeover? Has that company, a holding company, been named as potential part owner of NUFC?

Bear in mind that Saudi PIF seems to be investing in all manner of UK companies, not only NUFC

• lesh

Sep 7, 2021 at 1:36 PM

Captainmarvel

You should be able to open/ download that pdf document using Adobe on your phone, tablet or PC

• TTB@W ARMY

Sep 7, 2021 at 1:38 PM

Captain if the CAT case happens before Arbitration and its decision what else could Ashley claim for but compensation as the Premier league could turn round and say they offered arbitration and it could of gone Newcastle United’s way but Mike Ashley pursued the CAT case instead. Making the agenda of reversing the Premier league’s decision in the CAT case a moot point.

• Assassins Inc

Sep 7, 2021 at 1:38 PM

Bruce’s interview.
    I can see us getting around them easy, they don’t seem to have any idea what’s coming at them this week, Ronaldo is always a dangerous player.
    They may be under estimating how many goals we will score against them.

Interviewer, Eh Steve, you don’t play for or manage Man U.
    Bruce, Good point. On Newcastle chances, I don’t have any idea.