web analytics

Newcastle And Other Affected Premier League Clubs Working To Have Player Bans Overturned

While we wait on an injury update from Steve Bruce on Callum Wilson and Ryan Fraser, it appears that Miguel Almiron will not be available for the Manchester United match on Saturday.

The Northern Echo is reporting that Newcastle have been informed by FIFA that a ban is in place for Almiron after he was not released for international duty with Paraguay. Manchester United midfielder Fred has also been banned as he was not allowed to link up with the Brazilian squad for this international break.

Other Brazilians that are also unavailable this weekend are Liverpool’s Roberto Firmino, Fabinho, and Allison, Manchester City duo Ederson and Gabriel Jesus, Chelsea defender Thiago Silva, and Leeds attacker Raphinha.

Wolves forward Raul Jimenez (Mexico) and Watford defender Francisco Sierralta (Chile) are also set to miss this weekend’s games. Newcastle and their Premier League counterparts are working in concert to have the bans overturned.

Almiron has started Newcastle’s first three Premier League matches. If he remains ineligible this weekend, it is likely Sean Longstaff will get his second straight Premier League start. Jeff Hendrick could also be an option after his excellent performance in the Carabao Cup.

Steve Bruce will be without Jonjo Shelvey and Martin Dubravka, who continue their recovery from long-term injuries. Callum Wilson’s availability remains unknown after a thigh injury forced an early exit against Southampton.

The outlook for Ryan Fraser doesn’t look promising at all. The winger was withdrawn from the Scotland squad after suffering an injury in training. He was spotted on crutches with a protective boot on his right leg on Monday.

It could be good news on Karl Darlow, who has reportedly recovered from his bout with Covid and could be available on Saturday. Bruce didn’t risk Isaac Hayden or Paul Dummett against The Saints. The pair have had an additional two weeks to recover and should also be ready to go this weekend.

How Will Newcastle Do At Manchester United On Saturday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Munster Mag

Sep 8, 2021 at 3:10 PM

Wow, some fine fishing going on here this morning. Hemingway would be proud. The electrics must be in good nick so boredom has kicked in.

• Optimistic prime

Sep 8, 2021 at 3:12 PM

You can lead a horse…

Sep 8, 2021 at 3:15 PM

If its allowed, an update from my hols. Climbed up to the waterfalls at Aira Force, on the way down just directly opposite some one fell down into the gorge. The couple in front of us had to phone for mountain rescue. Helicopter mountain rescue and ambulance arrived just as we got to bottom of the hill. Just when I wanted peace and quiet. I’m just hoping I think it was a young girl is ok.

• Adamn_92

Sep 8, 2021 at 3:15 PM

Checked how many people are in the blog fantasy league out of curiosity.

136.

This blog would be such an amazing place if everyone in that league popped in to chat about the club regularly. Hopefully if things change and positivity is back around the club, some will come to talk 🙂

• Not another deJong

Sep 8, 2021 at 3:17 PM

I would not put it past the Brazilian police to turn up on a PL pitch this weekend!!

Sep 8, 2021 at 3:17 PM

The weather here is fantastic. I hope your all enjoying nice weather too.

Sep 8, 2021 at 3:21 PM

Or Adam, posters are not told to go and find an other blog to post on. That might help, or even be allowed to be positive. Ooh no, that wouldn’t do. Bill Lesh, I can teach you how to crochet, or knit. No need to go and find another blog.

• Adamn_92

Sep 8, 2021 at 3:25 PM

Carltoon, yes that would also be nice. Be nice to have a friendly blog with lots of regular posters and chat about the club.

• WLtoon

Sep 8, 2021 at 3:29 PM

Carltoon,

I am very envious of you being in such a beautiful part of the country, enjoy your stay, i am sure you will.

• martoon

Sep 8, 2021 at 3:36 PM

Adamn_92 @95 – There were 95 entered my prediction game and quite a few names I had not seen before so obviously a lot like to read but not comment which is their right.

• martoon

Sep 8, 2021 at 3:37 PM

*@4 not sure where 95 came from?

• martoon

Sep 8, 2021 at 3:38 PM

Yes I do – I’m easily confused 😀

• Adamn_92

Sep 8, 2021 at 3:41 PM

Martoon, aye of course it’s their right and i’m sure plenty read without commenting. Just a nice thought if we had say 100+ people regularly discussing Newcastle in one place 🙂

• WLtoon

Sep 8, 2021 at 3:42 PM

Being one of the biggest neggers on here atm i agree with Adam, what exactly is there to be positive about regarding the club atm.
    Sometimes posters convo is dictated to by currents events at vibes at the club and at the minute it is all just one big shit show, so it is understandable that posts are going to be negative, add to the fact that we have had Fatso bleeding the club dry for close on 15 yrs, and we have Bruceless running the show, it is hard to see how anyone can be positive .
    Does anyone really think the up n coming Cat case will have any bearing on a TO?
    For me there is no chance of it making a jot of difference, the PL will have something in place to totally disregard it, make no mistake.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 8, 2021 at 3:44 PM

Adamn_92,
    There was two hundred last season.

• WLtoon

Sep 8, 2021 at 3:47 PM

current events and vibes. bloody sausage fingers

• Adamn_92

Sep 8, 2021 at 3:48 PM

Jail

I’m sure if things improve around the club, numbers here will start going up again!

WLToon

I’ll change my tune to positive on match day if we play well and/or get a good result. Same as if the club makes good strides this season, takeover ends up happening or a new manager comes in to raise spirits, i’ll be positive about that. There just isn’t a positive thing happening with the club right now though.

• Zhongguo Geordie

Sep 8, 2021 at 3:54 PM

I’m a huge Almiron fan, and think if played correctly he could possibly be our best player, and would love to see him in a false 9 against Man Utd. But if Bruce is going to play him DM above Longstaff who has looked good, I hope he is banned.

• hibbit

Sep 8, 2021 at 3:56 PM

carltoon/WLtoon this might interest you both ://www.visitcumbria.com/webcams/

Sep 8, 2021 at 3:56 PM

WLT it’s been fantastic so far, the walking has done me the world if good. I was very depressed before I came here the weather’s helped. There was a sports car rally today, I thought if you. Ha ha. Mind my muscles have been welled used, and I feel much fitter.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 8, 2021 at 3:56 PM

carltoon,
    Who isn’t allowed to be positive?

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 8, 2021 at 3:57 PM

And what is there to be positive about 😕

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 8, 2021 at 3:58 PM

ZG,
    I don’t think Almiron can play on Saturday due to the Paraguayan FA along with the Brazillian and Mexican.

Sep 8, 2021 at 3:58 PM

Hibbit that doesn’t work. We’re at Poolie bridge. Camped by Ullswater.

Sep 8, 2021 at 4:02 PM

Jail, I would line to see all the ones who came on and bashed anyone with positivity, come on and post, anything football holidays knitting. But they don’t, I’m far from positive about the club, but it was nice to dream for awhile.

• hibbit

Sep 8, 2021 at 4:02 PM

://www.visitcumbria.com/webcams/

Sep 8, 2021 at 4:03 PM

Like not line

Sep 8, 2021 at 4:04 PM

Hibbit, still can’t get that, just describe what it is.

• hibbit

Sep 8, 2021 at 4:04 PM

• Zhongguo Geordie

Sep 8, 2021 at 4:05 PM

There was a lot more to be positive about when we had McLaren. The football wasn’t as bad and there were reasons to be optimistic. We had some great players and a great youth squad. Wiji, Shelvey, Sissoko, Mitrovic, Janmaat. Then in reserves we had Lascelles, Darlow, Perez, Mbabu, Abeid,Armstrong, Toney, Longstaff, Gibson, Aarons. It was just McLaren standing in our way, playing people out of position and ignoring the youths. We had hope that if he left, We’d be very good, and we had hope some of those youths would come good (most did) as well as young signings Mitrovic and Mbemba. Lots of hope.

Now. Reasons to be hopeful about the next few years.
    We have Maximin. And hopefully Anderson will come good, and Bobby Clark (oh wait). Almost everybody else will be finished in a year or two if they already aren’t. Maybe Lewis and Longstaff can become middle of the roaders. What else is there?

Sep 8, 2021 at 4:06 PM

Hail when is the Leeds match. If your in the platinum club, come and say hello.

Sep 8, 2021 at 4:06 PM

Jail not Hail

• Optimistic prime

Sep 8, 2021 at 4:07 PM

The Nufc blog is the only place in the world where utter fantasy is seen as positive and talking about reality is negative.

Newsnow must be a really positive place, bit like a sanctuary or spa for those inclined.

• WLtoon

Sep 8, 2021 at 4:08 PM

Adam,

Same here, you get the a point when you think, actually what is the point of trying to convince yourself that things are ok at the club when, clearly they are not.
    My guess is we will be relegated AGAIN this season but i doubt there will be an immediate return like we did in the previous other two relegations, and then what?
    There are thousands of happy clappers still rolling up to the ground bemoaning the state of play and how bad Ashley is, and while that continues Fatso will have that horrible smirk on his face. nothing will change.
    Thousands of loyal fans have had enough, me being one of them, Jabba won`t get a penny from me, and in an ideal world a totally empty stadium for the next home game would be dreamland for the fans who stay away.
    Unfortunately this aint a dream, it`s a bloody nightmare which never goes away.
    Fans being optimistic is fine, crack on, it`s your right, but nobody should have a go at anyone being negative about this pigs ear of a club atm.

• SuperShearer

Sep 8, 2021 at 4:08 PM

I work with a BIG Man United fan – he thinks it’s going to be a Ronaldo party against us at the weekend… unfortunately I agree with him and at the end of the match we’ll see Bruce smiling and joking with Ole like it means nothing.

• Optimistic prime

Sep 8, 2021 at 4:11 PM

Can I join the CAT case?

I’ve spent £12 on cabbages, if the takeover had happened I wouldn’t have needed them.

Sep 8, 2021 at 4:13 PM

Ive never said anything about posters being negative crack on, like you say. it’s the bashing of posters that where positive, where are all of them posters now, the ones like a pack of hyenas. Not one of them.posts anything. I’m not positive either .anyway I’ll leave you all agreeing with each other, and get back to me so bathing.

Sep 8, 2021 at 4:14 PM

Sun bathing

• WLtoon

Sep 8, 2021 at 4:15 PM

carltoon,

That`s what i like to hear, enjoying the outdoors on a day like today takes your mind off everything, for a short time at least, it`s fantastic at the lakes, Pooly Bridge is a lovely area.
    I was on Ullswater not so long back, i got a really bad dose of sunburn. A word of warning, don`t fall asleep on a lake when it is red hot lol

1 2 3 6