web analytics

Newcastle And Other Affected Premier League Clubs Working To Have Player Bans Overturned

While we wait on an injury update from Steve Bruce on Callum Wilson and Ryan Fraser, it appears that Miguel Almiron will not be available for the Manchester United match on Saturday.

The Northern Echo is reporting that Newcastle have been informed by FIFA that a ban is in place for Almiron after he was not released for international duty with Paraguay. Manchester United midfielder Fred has also been banned as he was not allowed to link up with the Brazilian squad for this international break.

Other Brazilians that are also unavailable this weekend are Liverpool’s Roberto Firmino, Fabinho, and Allison, Manchester City duo Ederson and Gabriel Jesus, Chelsea defender Thiago Silva, and Leeds attacker Raphinha.

Wolves forward Raul Jimenez (Mexico) and Watford defender Francisco Sierralta (Chile) are also set to miss this weekend’s games. Newcastle and their Premier League counterparts are working in concert to have the bans overturned.

Almiron has started Newcastle’s first three Premier League matches. If he remains ineligible this weekend, it is likely Sean Longstaff will get his second straight Premier League start. Jeff Hendrick could also be an option after his excellent performance in the Carabao Cup.

Steve Bruce will be without Jonjo Shelvey and Martin Dubravka, who continue their recovery from long-term injuries. Callum Wilson’s availability remains unknown after a thigh injury forced an early exit against Southampton.

The outlook for Ryan Fraser doesn’t look promising at all. The winger was withdrawn from the Scotland squad after suffering an injury in training. He was spotted on crutches with a protective boot on his right leg on Monday.

It could be good news on Karl Darlow, who has reportedly recovered from his bout with Covid and could be available on Saturday. Bruce didn’t risk Isaac Hayden or Paul Dummett against The Saints. The pair have had an additional two weeks to recover and should also be ready to go this weekend.

How Will Newcastle Do At Manchester United On Saturday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 8, 2021 at 10:24 PM

Gach rud go maith ๐Ÿ˜€
    But I also respectfully disagree, although he might go down too easily he is not cheating, he gets kicked on the shin which is a foul and he goes down. If he is cheating he should get booked for it.

• JohnJ

Sep 8, 2021 at 10:30 PM

Iโ€™ve mostly been positive regarding NUFC but I have to say I do feel totally lacking in confidence at this time in my 65 years of following Newcastle United. Iโ€™m well aware of our limitations but there seems to be hardly any little rays of sunlight just now.

We have an owner who doesnโ€™t want to be involved even though heโ€™s a VERY rich man.

We have a manager who perhaps would make a very good friend but alas seems to be lacking in tactical awareness!

We have a fan base that is totally pi$$ed off with the way Toon are heading and who can blame them eh?

We donโ€™t even have adequate cover for our No 9!

I sincerely hope that things start to look up for us ASAP!

Sep 8, 2021 at 10:35 PM

Jail for Ashley

At the end of the day your expressing your opinion in relation to Grealish, iam expressing mine, we can just respectfully agree to differ on Mr Grealish, if you dont agree ill throw my toys out of the pram ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

Sep 8, 2021 at 10:41 PM

John J

Hi John, youv summed it up perfectly in your post there John, on the positive side you still have your music, Ashley can`t take that from you John. PS i trust you and all your family are very well my friend.

• Adamn_92

Sep 8, 2021 at 10:54 PM

Magic, yeah Iโ€™m trying to find some things to be positive about so thought Iโ€™d put a tiny bit of hope into that haha

Sep 8, 2021 at 10:57 PM

Sep 8, 2021 at 11:04 PM

Adamn 92

No doubt you were aware i was only being mischievous young man, i always enjoy reading your posts whether they are positive or negative, dont change just carry on what your doing as your posts are always informative and interesting Adamn.

• Munster Mag

Sep 8, 2021 at 11:04 PM

Magic, bit of training with Ard Mhacha or Luimneach might sรณrt him out ๐Ÿ™‚

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 8, 2021 at 11:06 PM

magicmac54,
    Although we have respectably respected each other my toys ate thrown all over the floor ๐Ÿ˜€

Sep 8, 2021 at 11:09 PM

Sep 8, 2021 at 11:15 PM

Munster Mag

Hi Munster i hope your supporting the lads from Mayo in the final on Saturday, my sister in law is from Dungannon in Tyrone originally, but living in Craigavon now, she knows only to well ill be cheering the lads from the west on Saturday, come on Mayo ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

• NY Mag

Sep 8, 2021 at 11:18 PM

Toys all over the floorโ€ฆโ€ฆ..thatโ€™s more like the jail we know and love ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

Sep 8, 2021 at 11:19 PM

Jail for Ashley

Ive been meaning to ask you mate, i know your well red and have traveled extensively throughout the world, ive noticed you answer some of my posts with a bit of the Irish language at the end of your posts, can you actually speak a bit of Irish mate?

Sep 8, 2021 at 11:22 PM

NY Mag

Jail can be very humorous and witty and funny when he takes the notion ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

• NY Mag

Sep 8, 2021 at 11:27 PM

Magic,

That was just a bit of banterโ€ฆ..no harm meant ๐Ÿ™‚

Sep 8, 2021 at 11:29 PM

NY Mag

I have a pupil at the moment who is from Ireland but has lived and worked in america for quite a while, he had a full licence in america but drove an automic, he is learning to drive a manual transmission with me now, he told me almost all cars in america are automic which really surprised me, is it the same all over america mate?

• The Prince's Mate

Sep 8, 2021 at 11:30 PM

10 yrs today since we lost a genius…Mr G. Speed….what a footballer….what a teammate…what a gent…Good night Mr Speed

• Nicky the ball tosser

Sep 8, 2021 at 11:31 PM

Need t sort out the wing backs for sure.

Lewis should be starting surely, otherwise sell him. Ritchie is cover at best. Just too slow, and clearly lacking in the required defensive awareness.

Murphy on the other side is a little different. He too is lacking in the required defensive awareness, and also not tough enough in the tackle.

But if they are committed to him at wing back, and are working with him to sort out the deficiencies, and he is a bright lad, as well as very fast, athletic and with decent skills, then you play him.

But right now, he isn’t quite there, and it’s a weakness, and Manquillo the better immediate choice.

Sep 8, 2021 at 11:32 PM

NY Mag

Not to worry Jail knows fine well its only banter, even if he threw his toys all over the floor ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

• NY Mag

Sep 8, 2021 at 11:34 PM

Magic,

Yeah, I believe so – itโ€™s very unusual to have a โ€œstick shiftโ€ as they are called over here.
    Usually get them only on specific sports model cars. For most cars, itโ€™s not even an option.

• Romford mag

Sep 8, 2021 at 11:37 PM

• NY Mag

Sep 8, 2021 at 11:42 PM

Rom,

Howโ€™s it going? I havenโ€™t spoke to you for what seems like ages

• Nicky the ball tosser

Sep 8, 2021 at 11:43 PM

Used to be a “three on a tree”, and no power steering, and drum brakes, and no seatbelts either.

Big old Holdens or Fords, a Valiant if you were “ethnic”.

You’d roll into the bottlo, pick up a six pack, girlfriend would slide across the bench seat and you’d sink them together on the way to a barbie or the coast.

Sep 8, 2021 at 11:45 PM

NY Mag

Wow thats amazing to know that almost all cars in america are automatic, i didn`t doubt him as he is a cool intelligent bloke, but i just wanted a second opinion if it was the case about the automics all over america, thanks for that mate, you learn something different every day.

• Munster Mag

Sep 8, 2021 at 11:48 PM

Magic, Hemingway Jail tried to snog some poor young wan in Cork years ago when he was on the piss and she cursed at the little fellow As Gaeilge for drinking too much Satzenbrau, boring her about the dangers of ill fitting electrics and unreliable circuit breaks, and explaining to the poor girl why Imre Varadi didn’t maximise his talents. That’s his Irish lingo, apart from google. The poor young wan is now a mother in Mayfield and never dated an electrician again ๐Ÿ™‚

Sep 8, 2021 at 11:49 PM

Romford Mag@141

Good one there Romford, was that one specially for Jail ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ your still the music king ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ PS I trust you and the 1st lady are keeping well mate

• Munster Mag

Sep 8, 2021 at 11:52 PM

NY did u drive in the Uk? Presume you learned on a manual? I must be getting older because I’m thinking of going auto and fancy an ร‰ class. That said I like my Mazda 6 but it hasn’t been all that reliable and it’s a bit noisy on my Dublin and rural trips. Nice car though and a beautiful metallic navy colour and nice manual gearbox. But so many say that once u try auto, you just don’t go back?

• Romford mag

Sep 8, 2021 at 11:53 PM

NY

All good here thanks bud ๐Ÿ™‚

Yeah it’s been a while mate ! Did post a few nights back to see if you and the family were ok what with the storm and flooding !

• Romford mag

Sep 8, 2021 at 11:54 PM

Magic

You’ve taken that crown mate ๐Ÿ˜‰

All well here , thanks for asking ๐Ÿ™‚

Hope everything is ok your side ?

Sep 8, 2021 at 11:55 PM

Munster Mag

Jesus man it will not surprise you ill not get involved in that one, dont let me down and make sure you cheer for Mayo on saturday, you owe me after me cheering for the treaty in the hurling final ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

• Romford mag

Sep 8, 2021 at 11:56 PM

Nicky

#143

Or a drive in movie ? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Sep 8, 2021 at 11:59 PM

Romford Mag

I know your just being nice saying iam the music king ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ There is only one music king and the crown is on your head for sure lad ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ Great to hear you and your wife are well mate, everything is fine at my end thanks mate.

• NY Mag

Sep 9, 2021 at 12:02 AM

Munster,

Yeah, of course learnt in a manual car when I was a young lad. Had many manual cars over time in the UK.
    Although, the last 3 cars I had in the UK weโ€™re all automatics (I guess I was getting lazy at that point)
    I had a 5-series, then a 3-series, then another 5 series.

• NY Mag

Sep 9, 2021 at 12:03 AM

Rom,

Yeah sorry, I remember reading that.
    No issues here with the weather, it was more south towards NYC that had the problems with the flooding

• Wor B

Sep 9, 2021 at 12:04 AM

Catching up…

Ron

One of my daughters is the parliamentary liaison officer in the DoEd, I’ve tried to get her to throw him under the bus, but she is far too professional to succumb to her working class leanings.

๐Ÿ˜†

• Romford mag

Sep 9, 2021 at 12:06 AM

NY

Geography has never been my strongest subject ๐Ÿ˜ณ

• Romford mag

Sep 9, 2021 at 12:07 AM

Or any other subject come to think it ๐Ÿ˜‰

• NY Mag

Sep 9, 2021 at 12:08 AM

Rom,

No worries, we were just on the edge of it, rather than in the middle of it.
    Wouldnโ€™t take much for it to be very different. Lucky break, I guess ๐Ÿ™‚

• Wor B

Sep 9, 2021 at 12:09 AM

Magic

Alas, your estimation of my golfing ability is spot on.

๐Ÿ™

However, I know it does me good. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Romford mag

Sep 9, 2021 at 12:11 AM

Wor

Still working on that swing ?

From elbow to mouth ๐Ÿ˜‰