web analytics

Bruce Makes Three Changes In Our Predicted Team For Manchester United

Here is the team I am predicting Steve Bruce will name for Saturday’s match against Manchester United. It has three changes from the 2-2 draw against Southampton.

Unfortunately, Bruce is forced into a change at the top end of the pitch. The irreplaceable Callum Wilson is sidelined with a thigh strain and will not take part tomorrow. Hopefully, this injury isn’t one that lingers.

In his place comes Joelinton, who has played in all of Newcastle’s four matches this season. However, this would be his first league start. He is the likely choice to partner with Allan Saint-Maximin up top.

Bruce will probably keep with Willock and Almiron as his two number eights. Bruce has confirmed that Almiron will be available despite Paraguay’s ire at him not being released for international duty.

There is a very good chance Isaac Hayden returns after not being risked against Southampton. The midfielder is the best option in the holding role and has had two additional weeks to recover from a slight knee problem.

Likewise, Paul Dummett returns from injury to make his first appearance of the campaign. The 29-year-old was in with a shout against The Saints but was held back. He’s the clear choice to return to the left side of the back three, where he started the final 12 games of last season.

Finally, Freddie Woodman returns in goal despite Karl Darlow’s availability. It would be harsh to drop the 24-year-old after his four starts. He’s been offered little protection from the defense.

While I suspect Darlow will eventually get the nod, I get the feeling Woodman will get another opportunity tomorrow at Old Trafford.

How Will Newcastle Do At Manchester United On Saturday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• GeordieTwo

Sep 10, 2021 at 7:29 PM

Off to take out my frustrations on the treadmill. Have a great one lads.

• kc2012

Sep 10, 2021 at 7:42 PM

He should probably start playing a right back at right back at some point. It might actually help a little bit.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Sep 10, 2021 at 7:43 PM

TFG just slink away
    Turn around now you’re not welcome anymore.
    You should have listened to your friends and not slunk in through that door.
    So now go, just slink back out of that door
    Cos you really are not welcome anymore.
    Just go, hey hey.

• carltoon

Sep 10, 2021 at 7:47 PM

Jane, just heard a cheer are Harrogate winning.

• carltoon

Sep 10, 2021 at 7:49 PM

Thought it was Saturday, so disappointed to realise that our game hasn’t been played. Out all day tomorrow so I’m going to just forget all about it. Positivity levels very low.

• carltoon

Sep 10, 2021 at 7:51 PM

Bill very apt. Just seen a bit of his interview, he’s got himself a canny tan. Whilst the players where left to their own devices, it might have been a good move.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Sep 10, 2021 at 7:57 PM

carltoon

Aye an improved performance cos of his absence would be telling! 🙂

• Essex Geordie Bill

Sep 10, 2021 at 8:00 PM

carltoon

Did you read that link about him being a nasty landlord, puts a bit of a dent in people saying that he’s a nice person. 🙄

• The Prince's Mate

Sep 10, 2021 at 8:06 PM

I’m worried about the score tomorrow….I’ve only got 8 fingers and 2 thumbs to count with

• scott

Sep 10, 2021 at 8:23 PM

Jail

If your still about, good luck for tomorrow’s H2H !
    I’m all ready for my giant killing moment! 😉

• Great White Hunter

Sep 10, 2021 at 8:27 PM

TDS, After reading all you posts today, I know it’s all about opinions regarding Bruce, but my opinion is 100% the opposite to yours. Unfortunately anyone who can praise him as a manager,coach or a genuine person who loves our club is not my cup of tea. I would personally take most of the out of work managers to a certain degree. Anyway unfortunately I agree with Magic M that Man Ure will probably wallop us 5-0…..not looking forward to this game at all !

• lochinvar

Sep 10, 2021 at 8:42 PM

Playing Max too far up front and he’s not got any room to manoeuvre in.
    Let him start deeper but with two in front of him
    Too much for Bruce to compute

• Essex Geordie Bill

Sep 10, 2021 at 8:51 PM

Loch

I reckon that TFG would struggle with an abacus! 🙂

• Essex Geordie Bill

Sep 10, 2021 at 8:51 PM

TV time, later!

• cyprus

Sep 10, 2021 at 8:52 PM

Have you seen the odds? 17/1 for a Newcastle win. That’s an affront! 2 Euros bet.

And the cushion, 2+ goals to be scored in the first half, 3.4/1. 5 Euros.

• magic hat

Sep 10, 2021 at 8:54 PM

We’re going to get beaten, question is how badly

• onmeedsun

Sep 10, 2021 at 9:05 PM

Carltoon
    Have a good day tomorrow and don’t think about the footy. When you get back in log on to check the score, but only open your eyes slowly! Then have a large drink!

• jane

Sep 10, 2021 at 9:05 PM

did you hear another cheer it’s 2-2 with half an hour to play.

• lochinvar

Sep 10, 2021 at 9:20 PM

Woodman needs to make an instant change to his game plan and start to attack the ball before Man U players get o to crosses or thru passes
    If he hesitates we’re fecked.

No way can Darlow be fit enough after covid. The lack of fitness and strength needs serious time to recover full capacity.

• jane

Sep 10, 2021 at 9:30 PM

“my opinion is 100% the opposite to yours. Unfortunately anyone who can praise him as a manager,coach or a genuine person who loves our club is not my cup of tea.”

i’ve got friends (honest) with opposite opinions. they are wrong 😉

• jane

Sep 10, 2021 at 9:31 PM

Harrogate dominating but can they snatch a winner.

• Moonraker15

Sep 10, 2021 at 9:44 PM

With a top coach we would struggle against this Man Utd team!
    With this knacker who doesn’t even believe in his team, we will get a real hiding.
    Not looking forward to this match; just glad it’s not on live tv!

• carltoon

Sep 10, 2021 at 9:53 PM

Jane we did indeed hear another cheer, but didn’t know the score. The ground must be near by.

• jane

Sep 10, 2021 at 10:10 PM

good to connect with the local football team when you are away.

my nightshift song contribution..

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 10, 2021 at 10:11 PM

scott,
    Ha ha, cheers, good luck to you too. I think this is where the wheels fall off for me. I made my first mistake in GW1 when I went Barnes instead of Greenwood, hasn’t really cost me until today when I’ve had to take a -4, things always go badly for me when I take a hit 😕

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 10, 2021 at 10:12 PM

Has magicmac54 not been on for a few nights?

• chancel be a fine thing

Sep 10, 2021 at 10:19 PM

Jail, -4, ha ha, you’ve got a ways to go to match my -20.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Sep 10, 2021 at 10:23 PM

I’ll admit I like TDS, he raises all sorts of points that are undeniably true, or at least probable, so it can be hard to argue with him, apart from the fact that his attitude seems to basically boil down to do nothing and one day it’ll be over, which makes it both unbearable and impossible to agree with him. If Bruce can’t influence change at the club, then I’d prefer he make a statement to that effect and walk, and we accept the consequences, whatever they may be. It’s most important we push back at Ashley, and to that end it’s no good having a manager that won’t challenge the owner. Need a manager who’ll speak truth to power, as a basic requirement. Ashley wants the opposite. We need to make it clear the opposite isn’t welcome in the home dugout.

• magicmac54

Sep 10, 2021 at 10:29 PM

Jail for Ashley

Hi Jail my brother called in for a few hours he has just left, just catching up, i see you play Scott this week so Manure v Newcastle is not the only big match this weekend 😀 😀

• magicmac54

Sep 10, 2021 at 10:35 PM

• magicmac54

Sep 10, 2021 at 10:44 PM

Who do my boys play tomorrow in the fantasy league the 3 amigos, i give you Wor B, Romford Mag, and the lad from the big apple the one and only NY Mag 😀 😀 😀

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 10, 2021 at 10:49 PM

magicmac54,
    I hope you are well. You asked about my Gaelic the other night. Of course anything spelled correctly is from Google but I’m very interested in languages. Unfortunately a big regret of mine is despite my interest is never being able to speak another one fluently.
    My Irish extends to being able to say: guraholameelagood. Mashedehule. Cunesetatu. Ta megahanawa. Conno samedit. Dohety isademdum. Cane ta ma. Falte. 😀

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 10, 2021 at 10:51 PM

Many Dubliners who haven’t been to Gealtoch have said I speak more Irish than them:
    An will caddacum dulgidree an letris mashedehule 😀

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 10, 2021 at 10:53 PM

chancel,
    Please don’t tell me you’ve took a -20 😳

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 10, 2021 at 10:58 PM

Ntbt,
    I’ll admit there’s not another poster other than BSIB as an out right Ashley apologist that has boiled my pi$$ so much, at least BSIB is in denial now. Where on earth does TDSarf come up with Bruce not quite being up for top six but good enough for us. What his veiled message implies is that Bruce is the best we’ll get, what he fails to relay is that what Bruce himself fails to relay is that it is Ashley holding us back, not the club itself.

• bettyswallocks

Sep 10, 2021 at 10:58 PM

Look it is what it is alright and there’s nothing I can do about it. I mean basically at the end of the day it is what it is, know what I mean like, literally yeah no innit.
    Look we are who we are , the club is what it is, Ashley is what he is, I am who and what I am and we are all aware of that now d’ yer know what I’m saying like. No worries basically at the end of the day.

• bettyswallocks

Sep 10, 2021 at 11:03 PM

Getting hit by a bus load of necrophiliacs so death is only the beginning of his bad day is too good for Ashley.

• magicmac54

Sep 10, 2021 at 11:03 PM

Jail for Ashley

Evening Jail lad, iam very well thanks, i trust its the same for you and the family, i must confess you seem to know more about the Irish language than me which is pretty much zero 😀 😀 So whats your prediction on tomorrow mate? Ive already predicted we will get stuffed 5-0 at lunch time today, ill have my phone turned of tomorrow as my mate supports Manure, so he would be on the phone everytime they score, thats something i wont endure, hence my phone will be turned of 😀 😀

• Munster Mag

Sep 10, 2021 at 11:07 PM

Betty, dust ourselves down and move on?

• magicmac54

Sep 10, 2021 at 11:09 PM

Bettyswallocks

Hi Betty, hows the form, if you don`t mind me asking where in the world are you, i thought you were living in England?