web analytics

Newcastle At Man United – Team Prediction, Injuries, And Poll Result

This is the team I predict Steve Bruce will name for this afternoon’s match at Manchester United. It has three changes from the draw against Southampton two weeks ago.

Callum Wilson is out with a thigh strain after a decent start to his campaign. Despite his two goals, Newcastle have just one point to show for it.

I see both Isaac Hayden and Paul Dummett returning from their recent injuries. Dummett hasn’t played this season but did start the final twelve matches to close the last campaign.

Bruce has four ruled out through injury with Karl Darlow and Elliot Anderson back in training. Darlow could be in contention for a starting place. Bruce also mentioned yesterday young Joe White could be in the squad.

The Red Devils will be missing Marcus Rashford and a few others but do have the return of Cristiano Ronaldo to soften the blow.

Newcastle United Injuries

Callum Wilson (thigh), Martin Dubravka (foot), Ryan Fraser (ankle), Jonjo Shelvey (calf)

Manchester United Injuries

Marcus Rashford (shoulder), Alex Telles (ankle), Scott McTominay (groin), Dean Henderson (COVID – late fitness test), Phil Jones (knee – late fitness test)

Our poll is as expected after a disappointing deadline day combined with the poor start to the season. Almost 90% of the close to 2,000 voters expect a defeat at Old Trafford. That is not surprising in the least.

How Will Newcastle Do At Manchester United On Saturday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

All eyes will be on this match for Ronaldo’s return. Newcastle do have some extra motivation to impress. However, without Wilson along with a rickety defense, there is always the potential things could get really ugly this afternoon.

On the other hand, lads could rise to the occasion with Allan Saint-Maximin determined to put on a show. Hopefully, we can keep The Red Devils reined in and grab an unlikely result to spoil Ronaldo’s likely second debut at Old Trafford.

• magicmac54

Sep 11, 2021 at 1:44 PM

Guys if you want to see real action, played by real men, then tune into Sky Sports Arena today to watch the All Ireland football final in Croke Park Tyrone v Mayo, the match starts at 5pm but i think the coverage and the build up to the match i think starts at 4pm. The final is always an all ticket 80, 000 sell out, but with the restrictions due to the pandemic only 40,000 are permitted, it will take your minds of the lambs to the slaughter that awaits Newcastle at the theatre of bullshit and total plastic glory hunter prawn sandwich so called fans.

• Ashingtoon62

Sep 11, 2021 at 1:47 PM

Spurs doon to ten men..

• chancel be a fine thing

Sep 11, 2021 at 1:49 PM

Today I will be mostly ranting and swearing at a small electronic device.

• chancel be a fine thing

Sep 11, 2021 at 1:50 PM

Well I’ve seen enough of Palace to cross them off the team’s worse than us list.

• chancel be a fine thing

Sep 11, 2021 at 1:51 PM

Wanting a 0-0 for my FF with 2 Spurs defenders.

• Ashingtoon62

Sep 11, 2021 at 1:52 PM

I’m thinking ,maybe just put a yellow shart on and pretend I support Wolves. 😀
    They kick off at three anaarl…

• DONEGAL NUFC IRL

Sep 11, 2021 at 1:53 PM

Magic
    Who you think will win?
    There’s a free bet on paddy Power, I went with Tyrone.

• Ashingtoon62

Sep 11, 2021 at 1:55 PM

Chancel which two defenders??

• AncientC

Sep 11, 2021 at 1:57 PM

If you really fancy and outlandish punt, you can get Newcastle to win both halves and most corners in each half @ 1000/1.

The same bet, only on Man Utd, gets you 7/2.

It really shows you the difference in expectations between the sides.

• Ron Knee

Sep 11, 2021 at 1:58 PM

Lee Ryder@lee_ryder

“What can I do about it” Bruce’s response to tightening of purse strings

• one fine day

Sep 11, 2021 at 1:58 PM

Not long until ilovetoon87/88 is on with his usual score prediction
    For once it will be seen as a positive .

• AncientC

Sep 11, 2021 at 1:59 PM

I used my wildcard this week, I brought in Tanganga and had him starting for most of the week… changed my mind last minute and got rid of him. Phew!

• Munster Mag

Sep 11, 2021 at 1:59 PM

Magic great post. Cmon mayo

• chancel be a fine thing

Sep 11, 2021 at 2:00 PM

Reguillon and Dier, just noticed Dier went off injured after 1 min. I’m already -20 so was banking on 12 points from my Spurs defenders.

• IrishRob

Sep 11, 2021 at 2:01 PM

Rumours were true I guess! No Wilson.

• Mister Tuff

Sep 11, 2021 at 2:01 PM

I’ll be keeping an eye on Brucie to see if he is cosying up to MU punters today. Just for today he should treat them like the enemy – no visible signs of affection.

Don’t know if he can do it though.

Also today Maxi is in the worldwide shop window so he will be trying to impress – for himself- to get a good move at the end of this season – I’d be doing the same – keep the ball and try to score myself – no passing to team mates near their goal. Cannot blame the bloke.

• chancel be a fine thing

Sep 11, 2021 at 2:02 PM

I was going to get Tanganga, but a price drop meant I couldn’t afford Salah, so I opted for Reguillon instead.

• Ashingtoon62

Sep 11, 2021 at 2:02 PM

Reguillon just made a hell of a goal line clearance there..

• Ashingtoon62

Sep 11, 2021 at 2:04 PM

Shite!! Palace pen
    That’s the auld accy up the spoot…

• magicmac54

Sep 11, 2021 at 2:04 PM

Donegal NUFC
    IRL

Good afternoon mate, in answer to your question its a very difficult one to call, it wouldn`t surprise me if it went to extra time, but ill be rooting for Mayo like most neutrals in Ireland mate.

• ChicoUSA

Sep 11, 2021 at 2:05 PM

I feel your pain Chancel! 🙁

• Mister Tuff

Sep 11, 2021 at 2:05 PM

Official site says it is a 5 -3 -2 with Joe and Maxi up top.

• AncientC

Sep 11, 2021 at 2:07 PM

Looks like Hayden is playing as part of the three CBs.

• Munster Mag

Sep 11, 2021 at 2:09 PM

As TDS was suggesting, there isn’t a lot Bruce can do. If he ain’t getting the money, he ain’t getting the money. He could resign, which he should. Then he’ll be called a quitter by some. He shouldn’t have taken the job, but it’s got to be alluring to someone from the area. He’s out of his depth, but football managers are big headed about their own abilities. He should resign and stick two fingers up at the system that Ashley has built.

• magicmac54

Sep 11, 2021 at 2:21 PM

My honest opinion, if Bruce was in charge of Manure today, and even with their star studded team, and we had a really good manager in our corner, i think we could possibly get a result perhaps a draw, but Bruce is unfortunately in our corner, nothing else needs to explained, self explanatory.

• magicmac54