web analytics

Loan Update – Five Magpies In Action For Their Loan Clubs This Weekend

Matty Longstaff was handed his second straight start by former Magpie Stephen Glass on Saturday. The midfielder played 66 minutes in Aberdeen’s 2-0 loss at Motherwell before being replaced by striker Jay Emmanuel-Thomas.

Matty provided a couple of key passes on the afternoon. However, The Dons just couldn’t find a breakthrough despite having 75% of the possession and launching 20 shots. Motherwell scored a goal in either half to take the three points. The defeat drops Aberdeen to 6th in The Scottish Premiership.

Kelland Watts continued his string of starts for Wigan, who have been undefeated since the defender joined on loan last month. The Latics downed Rodrigo Vilca and Doncaster by a score of 2-1 behind a brace from former Manchester United youth product Will Keane.

It was Watts’s seventh start in all competitions. He was again in fine form completing 87% of his 79 passes. He also launched two shots on target. The win pushes Wigan to second in the League One table just behind Sunderland.

Vilca came on as a second-half substitute for his first league appearance with Doncaster. The midfielder got over 30 minutes on the pitch but had little impact on the game completing just 6 passes. Doncaster have just 1 point from their opening 6 matches and sit at the bottom of the League One table.

Lewis Cass made just his second start for Port Vale in their 2-1 win at Swindon Town. The defender made 3 interceptions along with 2 tackles however was a little wayward with his passing.

Two goals, including one in the 81st minute, from Ben Garrity grabbed all three points for The Valiants. They move to 11th in the League Two table.

Tom Allan made his league debut for Morton Greenock in a 1-0 defeat at Kilmarnock. The 21-year-old was deployed on the left-wing and lasted 83 minutes before being substituted for Jimmy Knowles. Rory McKenzie scored the game’s only goal in the 75th minute.

Oisin McEntee, fresh of Republic of Ireland U21 duty, was an unused substitute in this match.

Jake Turner was also an unused substitute in Colchester’s 3-2 win at Barrow on Friday. The goalkeeper had made his debut and played well in a 1-0 against Gillingham in the EFL Trophy a week ago.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player in Defeat At Manchester United?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• magicmac54

Sep 12, 2021 at 9:44 PM

Donk

Ah Donk no need for that about my picture, thats no cricket 😀 😀 😀

• Wor B

Sep 12, 2021 at 9:44 PM

Magic

I’d love to cheer you up, but your last throw of the dice, NY Mag, is trailing Hong Kong Magpie by 3 points.

They both have one player each in tomorrow’s match, I suspect chop suey will trump the hot dog!

😉

• magicmac54

Sep 12, 2021 at 9:45 PM

not even

• DONK

Sep 12, 2021 at 9:45 PM

It may not be cricket but it looks like you have been hit with a few stumps in yer time!

• DONK

Sep 12, 2021 at 9:47 PM

But at least you still have yer bails though eh!

• magicmac54

Sep 12, 2021 at 9:51 PM

Wor B

That news just about complete`s my weekend of misery 😀 Alas it was not all bad, i really enjoyed the tennis last night, what a final between those two young tenage girls, it was a joy to watch mate

• DONK

Sep 12, 2021 at 9:58 PM

Good evening Magic, Good evening Jail, a pleasure to meet you. Off now to the river to look for some sea trout and maybe a salmon. The bats are sipping a hatch and the night creatures are stirring!

• Not another deJong

Sep 12, 2021 at 9:59 PM

Second half of this Podcast is particularly incisive.

• Not another deJong

Sep 12, 2021 at 9:59 PM

• Nicky the ball tosser

Sep 12, 2021 at 10:07 PM

Despite our rotten start, and dreadful owner, I think Bruce is trying to play in a more open style and I support that, and believe it’s his only hope, although an increasingly forlorn one. No matter though, whatever his fate, I want us playing more watchable football.

Pleased to see Manquillo back, who I like a lot, although he does have a poor habit of playing well to force his way in, and then after a while becoming a little complacent and letting his standards slip, and I hope he’s now found a little more maturity and worked it out. He’s a good player, and can go on and be a 300 plus game servant for us.

I want Lewis in on the other side. Ritchie is a decent squad player but not a starter. Not sure Lewis is a starter either, but he won’t improve sat on the bench, and he is a fine athlete.

Woodman stays. Too early to discard him and Darlow can’t yet be 100%.

I’d be happy to see this side v Leeds, who also have started poorly, in a 343, that goes after them, if Wilson is still out.

…………….….Woodman.
    …….Hayden…Lascelles….Dummett.
    Manquillo….Willock….Sean……..Lewis.
    ……..Almiron….St Max……Joel.

That’s a side with better balance and players in more natural positions. If Wilson is fit he starts of course, but then you have the dilemma of where to play St Max, as a winger, which weakens us defensively, or as a 10, which changes our shape and pushes others out of position. Frankly, I’d think about not starting him, and just swapping him straight out for Wilson, or going 4231 with Manq and Dummett as conventional fullbacks, which I think would actually suit us better, and get more of our better attacking players in the starting 11, although it does leave us exposed a little at centre back, where any paring out of Schar, Fede, Lascelles and Clark, is likely to struggle with Leeds movement.

In fairness to Bruce, you can see that the squad he’s working with isn’t as right as it should be, although undoubtedly he could be doing better with it.

• magicmac54

Sep 12, 2021 at 10:08 PM

Wow look at this technology at Spurs ground, mind blowing.

• magicmac54

Sep 12, 2021 at 10:11 PM

Donk
    A pleasure chatting with you fella, good luck with your fishing mate, catch up with you again in the future lad, take care.

• magicmac54

Sep 12, 2021 at 10:13 PM

Nite Nite Ladies and gentlemen, take care all and keep safe.

• Ashingtoon62

Sep 12, 2021 at 10:28 PM

WorB
    I had Antonio as well,honestly did you get a minus 2 for captaining him?

• Ashingtoon62

Sep 12, 2021 at 10:39 PM

NADJ
    Thank you for the link to the Athletic pod. re The book from Michael Chaplin.
    “Newcastle United Stole My Heart”
    It’s fantastic and evocative and wonderful and mint,that’s not enough adjectives to describe this book.

• NY Mag

Sep 12, 2021 at 10:41 PM

WB,

I think you maybe right 🙂

• Wor B

Sep 12, 2021 at 10:43 PM

Ashingtoon

Alas yes, the captaincy doubling obviously works inversely for negative scores. 🙁

However, all is not lost, I have Ben Mee left to play tomorrow, if he gets a double hat-trick and Solano Slice has Michael Keane sent off I might be in with a shout.

😆

• The Prince's Mate

Sep 12, 2021 at 10:51 PM

Jail@58
    It’s the short skirts…nothing more, nothing less… and stop pretending you don’t know why you dirty bugger

• Ashingtoon62

Sep 12, 2021 at 10:55 PM

Wor B
    I will have a word with Rafa, about dropping Keane but that’s the best I can do I’m afraid.

• lochinvar

Sep 12, 2021 at 11:05 PM

Just watched MOTD2

Woodman is out of his depth.
    The defence was static.
    How many goals do we loose from unmarked players on the edge of the box?

Bruce claims they trained hard all week and had a plan?

Really.
    Nothing to suggest that.

• lochinvar

Sep 12, 2021 at 11:13 PM

We’ve just had the Great North Run
    Amazing.
    Emma Raducno won the US Open Tennis.
    Brilliant.
    The European Team won the Solheim Cup
    Outstanding.

Brands associated with such success must be thrilled.

Ashleys twisted notion of running a sports club with Bruce in charge of team affairs only taints Sports Dire as a shambolic, repository of tacky sports goods.

Be gone.

• lochinvar

Sep 12, 2021 at 11:18 PM

Leeds away fans on Friday will be toxic if given any hope of winning at SJP, especially a night game.

MOTD bigged them up as the return of the best fans in the league and as if Lord Lucan had returned from an extended holiday in Portugal.Something wonderful to behold.

What happened to Fortress SJP?

• Ashingtoon62

Sep 12, 2021 at 11:38 PM

I watched the Leeds v Liverpool game.
    Football has apparently moved on, and has evolved in to something beyond our capabilities
    as a club.We are certainly in for a tonking on Friday night.
    I voted optimistically for a draw at Old Trafford and for a while I was confident.
    Two glaring keeper mistakes were our downfall.

• Romford mag

Sep 13, 2021 at 12:06 AM

Another painful watch , no doubt 🙁

• NY Mag

Sep 13, 2021 at 12:15 AM

Rom,

Are we still talking about your FPL team here? 😀 😀 😀

• Mister Tuff

Sep 13, 2021 at 12:20 AM

Hahahahaha – a draw at Old Trafford.

Hahahahaha – comedy blogging at it’s best. And it is for free.

No need to go to comedy club when the blog is in operation.

Yee haa – great Toon blog.

• Romford mag

Sep 13, 2021 at 12:25 AM

NY

Don’t know what’s more painful to be honest mate 😉

• NY Mag

Sep 13, 2021 at 12:29 AM

Rom,

I was only joking mate…I’ve got nowt to shout about 🙂

• Romford mag

Sep 13, 2021 at 12:31 AM

NY

I know you were mate 🙂

But I wasn’t 😆

• NY Mag

Sep 13, 2021 at 12:34 AM

Rom,

This FPL malarkey is tough…..I really put effort into it and can’t quite get it right.
    I may well be the Bruce of FPL (although no greggs pasties we’re consumed during this statement) 🙂

• Romford mag

Sep 13, 2021 at 12:35 AM

NY

Who you trying to kid !
    Just looked at the blog FPL table

And you’re 53 places above me ! 😉

• Romford mag

Sep 13, 2021 at 12:37 AM

Hustler comes to mind 😀

• NY Mag

Sep 13, 2021 at 12:38 AM

Rom,

Maybe….but a long way behind the heavy hitters.
    Ok, it’s only 4 games and there’s a long way to go yet.

I’m actually really enjoying it, I can’t thank jail enough for getting me into it.

• NY Mag

Sep 13, 2021 at 12:41 AM

Rom,

Yeah ok, maybe saying I was Bruce was a tad pessimistic, but I’m still only mid-table.
    I’m fiercely competitive and want top 10 in my first season 🙂

• Romford mag

Sep 13, 2021 at 12:49 AM

NY

I’m just playing the H2H , so everyone wins a game or two 😆

• NY Mag

Sep 13, 2021 at 12:55 AM

Rom,

I’m doing the exact opposite….I want to be as high as possible in the main league 🙂

• NY Mag

Sep 13, 2021 at 12:59 AM

Rom,

I kept my transfer back from last week so I have two this week, I want to do some “horse trading”……I’m in the big Sam mode (that probably means relegation though 🙂 )

• AnyToon in Indiana

Sep 13, 2021 at 3:38 AM

Whoa…what….I can save a transfer and use two the next week. Probably played that all wrong. I think I went the first week and did nothing and could have done two week two? And now this week was .1mil short of someone I wanted but took someone instead when I could wait a week…do a mega transfer and unload a sub for cheap? I need to go watch some game film and stop with my holiday.

• Zhongguo Geordie

Sep 13, 2021 at 6:35 AM

I didn’t realise Steve Cooper had left Swansea and was in the crowd for our last game. If Bruce goes which I think he will, then our feasible options seem to be

Big Sam