web analytics

New Owners To Begin Search For Manager, Chief Executive, And Sporting Director

There is yet another article out claiming that Steve Bruce will be let go ahead of our next match against Tottenham next Sunday. The latest comes from Jason Burt in the The Telegraph. It was Burt’s colleague, Luke Edwards, who got an exclusive interview with Bruce on the night of the takeover’s completion.

During that interview, Bruce admitted the new owners would likely want to appoint their own manager to ‘launch things for them.’ Though he did express his desire to continue on and show them what he could do.

However, Bruce is one match short of 1,000 games managed and likely doesn’t have anything to offer that he hasn’t already shown over his long career. His days appear to be numbered and he will almost certainly leave Newcastle sometime next week.

Bruce and the players return for training on Monday after having the last three days off. Bruce is expected to meet with the new owners this week. If he is sacked, Graeme Jones is expected to remain on board as caretaker manager.

It has been previously reported that Frank McParland will lead the search for a new manager. The former Liverpool Academy Manager is filling an advisory role which is expected to become formal.

The Telegraph has added that PIF Governor Yasir Al-Rumayyan, who is now a non-executive chairman at Newcastle, will help make the decision on Bruce’s successor. Newcastle are also searching for a chief executive and a sporting director, with the highly-respected Ralf Rangnick (shown above) in contention for the latter role.

Rangnick is currently the Head of Sports and Development with Russian club Lokomotiv Moscow. He previously served in the same role for the company Red Bull, which owns RB Leipzig, RB Salsburg, and New York Red Bulls.

The German has managed numerous Bundesliga clubs as well as being the Sporting Director for RB Salzburg and RB Leipzig. One potential stumbling block on his appointment is that he just joined Lokomotiv Moscow on a three-year contract in July.

While Bruce’s tenure at Newcastle looks to be coming to an end, former managing director Lee Charnley is set to stay on for slightly longer than originally anticipated. The Mail is reporting that Charnley’s inside knowledge of the club has been an asset to the new owners.

• Optimistic prime

Oct 10, 2021 at 7:02 PM

Of course Favre is favourite!

Breakfast shift made their decision this morning!

If you snooze, you lose!

• Optimistic prime

Oct 10, 2021 at 7:03 PM

I’d be over the moon with Ralf!

• Lovem Hatem

Oct 10, 2021 at 7:04 PM

Favre and Rangnick would be a great start

• Optimistic prime

Oct 10, 2021 at 7:05 PM

Smoked kippers go a long way during negotiations!

• Optimistic prime

Oct 10, 2021 at 7:06 PM

Told ya all at dinner time.

King Ralf of Ragnarok and his First Knight Lucian will defend their Newcastle.

It was written in the Breakfast teal leaves.

• coming home

Oct 10, 2021 at 7:07 PM

OP

I think someone from the consortium have read your posts
    Or are you a Reuben

• hibbit

Oct 10, 2021 at 7:08 PM

Amanda has been back in north yorkshire today

• hibbit

Oct 10, 2021 at 7:10 PM

that was after breakfast with OP of course !!!!!

• Optimistic prime

Oct 10, 2021 at 7:10 PM

CH

Even the dog doesn’t listen to me.

If I’m a Reuben I wish someone had told me.

• SholaShow

Oct 10, 2021 at 7:10 PM

Here’s my summer 2022 free transfer XI not including the biggest stars like Mbappe, Pogba, Dybala.

___________________Onana_____________________

Azpilicueta___Romagonli___Tarkowski_____Marcelo
    __________________Brozovic
    ______________Kessie___Sergi Roberto
    Dembele_____________________________Insigne
    __________________Kramaric

There’s about another 4 CBs I’d take including Christensen and Rudiger from Chelsea.

Boga who I always thought a natural replacement for ASM in our former reality.

Kamara who apparently turned us down for DM.

Lingard who I can actually see coming, him and ASM would get on like a house on fire.

Then there’s veterans like Modric and Suarez.

So much talent available.

Summer 2023 there’s the likes of Sterling who is currently being overlooked at Man City. Imagine that and IT’S ACTUALLY POSSIBLE! ๐Ÿ˜€

• hibbit

Oct 10, 2021 at 7:12 PM

Lovem Hatem
    have they worked together before ??

• magicmac54

Oct 10, 2021 at 7:13 PM

• Mund

Oct 10, 2021 at 7:13 PM

Celebratory pints on OP ๐Ÿ˜‰

There is a very good chance they have read the blog as Amanda said she has followed blogs and such during this saga. Not going to miss out on the most active and voiced blog out of the lot.

• The Ledge

Oct 10, 2021 at 7:14 PM

Munster/Magicmac have a look at that GAA gone mad in Wicklow.Lol

• Mund

Oct 10, 2021 at 7:19 PM

Imagine if Koulibaly was our first signing ๐Ÿ˜†

He was my marquee signing last time when we thought we were close. Would be some message signing him.

• Lovem Hatem

Oct 10, 2021 at 7:19 PM

Hibbit

I don’t think Favre and Rangnick have worked together. But I think they do have a similar football philosophy.

• Optimistic prime

Oct 10, 2021 at 7:22 PM

If I’d known Amanda was reading I’d have brushed my hair.

• Mund

Oct 10, 2021 at 7:24 PM

• magicmac54

Oct 10, 2021 at 7:24 PM

The Ledge ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ Brilliant mate, just an normal day at the office in Ireland, that was a brilliant link you sent earlier today day Ledge, its really hard to grasp how wealthy and powerful the Saudis really are mate, the landscape at the Toon is ready for Lift Off, bring it on.

• lesh

Oct 10, 2021 at 7:26 PM

Bettysbollocks

From previous thread..

You suggested that ZH ‘would be better served weedling out the reds that infiltrate this blog rather than mithering on…. ‘

It might’ve read (no pun intended) better if you’d be prepared to take a wider view and referred to weeding out the plitical types of all persuasions who use the Blog to air their views. They include right-leaning myopics!

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Oct 10, 2021 at 7:27 PM

I may have missed it already but can someone confirm if Kets has put his new signing wish list yet?

Thought he would be all over this! ๐Ÿ™‚

• SholaShow

Oct 10, 2021 at 7:30 PM

Lascelles

He wants Abeid and Santon still.

• The Ledge

Oct 10, 2021 at 7:30 PM

Magic….. it’s exciting times for us pal and it feels great we deserve it after the sh1te we have had to put up with over the last 14 years.
    There is some money behind the Saudis and in 5 years it’s so id say we will be up there with the best of them they didn’t buy us to just compete they bought us to win.

• lesh

Oct 10, 2021 at 7:30 PM

Lovem Hatem

The important thing is to get a DoF and Coach who can work together with the DoF being responsible for the football side of things and having the coach reporting to him or her.

They must be working to the same script otherwise it won’t work well.

• The Ledge

Oct 10, 2021 at 7:32 PM

That was an u15 championships game today Magic in Wicklow crazy stuff

• magicmac54

Oct 10, 2021 at 7:32 PM

Optimistic
    Prime

Did you watch the fight in the early hours this morning mate, what a fight, i had my alarm set for 3-30 am although it didn`t start to well after that time, it was well worth watching, although i dont think Fury is going to win any awards for his singing OP ๐Ÿ˜€

• scott

Oct 10, 2021 at 7:35 PM

Lescelles

He put a small one up a couple of days back & I can confirm Santon was still in it! ๐Ÿ™‚

• SholaShow

Oct 10, 2021 at 7:35 PM

Mund

Koulibaly is another whose contract runs out summer 2023.

Never been a better time to become the richest club in the world ๐Ÿ™‚

Can bet there’s been at least one player about to sign their new contract last week and then they suddenly wanted more time to consider.

• onmeedsun

Oct 10, 2021 at 7:35 PM

Iโ€™ve never said this before about NUFC, except for those Keegan years in the 90โ€™s, but Iโ€™m happy to trust the new owners to make the right decisions on Director of football, manager, whatever. I will support their decisions unconditionally. And if they want Bruce to have his 1000th game, then thatโ€™s good with me. We can all still have our differing views on the merits of who they choose, but I will not be kicking off. I just hope the appointments keep us up as although I can handle relegation, it would set us back a few years in terms of FFP.

• magscar

Oct 10, 2021 at 7:36 PM

Lesh

Too right and I was hoping some on Blog would leave behind these little snipes now we have loads of positive things to talk about

We’ve now gone from Toon 22 paranoia to reds under the bed as a replacement

• magicmac54

Oct 10, 2021 at 7:41 PM

The Ledge

Jesus the fact it was an under 15s championship match is more bizarre mate. Ledge everything is already improving at the Toon, look even the standard and quality of the posts on the blog its incredible, every body is stepping up to the plate, Newcastle are really UNITED now Ledge.

• Mund

Oct 10, 2021 at 7:43 PM

Shola ๐Ÿ˜†

Definitely have a few thinking. So we could actually if possible (if he wants to come) get him on the cheap. I think we will see 3 big signings announced January 1st. Three players of really good quality that will improve us instantly.

• magicmac54

Oct 10, 2021 at 7:45 PM

Onmeedsun@30

Not for the first time on this blog i totally concur with every part your the post my friend.

• The Ledge

Oct 10, 2021 at 7:45 PM

Magic.. it’s great to read to tell you the truth I enjoy the reading more than postings always have with returning posters and something for the regulars to actually chat about it’s brilliant long may it continue pal.

• magscar

Oct 10, 2021 at 7:46 PM

onmeedsun

I know I’ve been trying to get that approach across for now the Board deserve our total and unreserved trust and backing – it’s their’s to lose

Yep so of course lets have our views on Bruce,DOF manager and players in and out because we are a Blog but whatever they decide in good faith I will accept until they lose my trust

It’s a long time since I felt anything like that – only SJH and KK and to be honest it didn’t last

• Munster Mag

Oct 10, 2021 at 7:46 PM

Ledge I’ve seen the clip mate. Wicklow is an odd place. I’ve lived there. It’s very insular and the hatred between villages and gaa clubs is embarrassing. On my first night out there myself and my wife were in the corner of a pub and a couple of guys told us to leave! One was about 60-65, you’d expect more maturity. Obviously I wouldn’t leave and told him where to go. One demanded to know where I was from. When I told him he left me alone. :). Wife was shocked. I stayed for another pint just to rub it in and never drank there again.

• Munster Mag

Oct 10, 2021 at 7:47 PM

“you ain’t from round here boy” :)!!

• magscar

Oct 10, 2021 at 7:48 PM

It wouldn’t surprise me if Charnley did stay on temporarily for instance and I’m Ok with that

• SholaShow

Oct 10, 2021 at 7:51 PM

Mund

I haven’t adjusted mentally yet. Feels unreal still. Think it’s going to take quite a while to sink in.