web analytics

Bruce Set To Take Friday’s Press Conference For Spurs

It has been confirmed that Steve Bruce will take tomorrow’s press conference for Tottenham. The press briefing is scheduled for 1:30pm which is later than his usual 9:30pm slot.

Here is the confirmation from The Athletic’s Chris Waugh.

The decision on Bruce’s future has seemingly been delayed. There were reports over the past 24 hours that the delay is coming from the Saudis, who want a manager in place before letting Bruce go.

Scott Wilson in The Northern Echo has issued an update today. He is backing claims that Amanda Staveley and Jamie Reuben are waiting on the green light from Yasir al-Rumayyan to let Bruce go.

Both Staveley and Reuben want to part ways with Bruce as soon as possible with Graeme Jones seen as a viable option as caretaker manager while the search for a permanent replacement continues.

However, as reported last night in The Telegraph, the Saudis don’t see the wisdom in that approach. There is also the issue of Bruce’s £8m compensation package as well as which members of his staff will be retained.

This update on the press conference signals that a decision on Bruce’s future will not be made public today despite the players having the day off. It’s also looking more and more likely that Bruce will be in charge for Tottenham on Sunday.

How Will Newcastle Begin The New Era Against Tottenham On Sunday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• fatha1965

Oct 14, 2021 at 4:02 PM

Cheers Sparky but still not convinced,Howe Or wilder prob be a better for at the mo seeing as how were at the wrong end of the table

• fatha1965

Oct 14, 2021 at 4:03 PM

Tom
    That story about the honey monster true then,
    I’ll get my coat

• ¥

Oct 14, 2021 at 4:05 PM

BBCRadio news just stated that NUFC have announced Bruce will manage for the game on Sunday and will attend the press conference tomorrow

• the crown princes nashers

Oct 14, 2021 at 4:06 PM

theres a bloke who used to live in gosforth primed to take the managers job that man is ALAN SHEARER enough said 🙂

• geordietom

Oct 14, 2021 at 4:08 PM

fatha …

:lol 😆 😆

• sparky55

Oct 14, 2021 at 4:10 PM

Fatha…they all have their merits…it’s a good point of discussion…the names you mention are all of a certain calibre and certainly not even a medium term solution…all short term safety merchants at the helm until such time we can attract decent caliber candidates with notable wins on their CV…not just promotions and good efforts on low budgets.

IMO we will need managers who will know how to talk to the top level footballers we’ll be recruiting and those players will need to have respect for the manager…I don’t see top level footballers having enough respect for the likes of Wilder and Howe…as horrible as it sounds there’s players we could be going after won’t even know who they are…but they will know Frank Lampard through…and they will have the utmost respect for him…IMO

Onwards and upwards

Sheikh rattle and roll 🙂

• geordietom

Oct 14, 2021 at 4:12 PM

Lads and lasses i said the other day rome wasnt built in a day give them time and i sure they will do the right thing …

my take on why bruce hasnt had the bullet yet is theres a bit bad press about the saudis doing the rounds at the moment and they ( the saudis ) want to be seen to be doing the right thing …

• SholaShow

Oct 14, 2021 at 4:12 PM

If he comes out and it appears he’s still been made to be under the impression he’s fighting for his job, that’ll be the worst case scenario.

Of the two scenarios, I expect it will be the first I described.

• Moonraker15

Oct 14, 2021 at 4:16 PM

So it looks like the knacker will be in charge on Sunday!
    Maybe just as well! If Jones takes charge and we lose it will be seen as a bad move!
    It will be no surprise if we win in view of the increased motivation and Bruce is irrelevant as he’s useless.
    His days are numbered anyway and the presser will be embarrassing!

• magpie6699

Oct 14, 2021 at 4:16 PM

I can’t get the extreme negativity towards our new owners just because Bruce is here for the next game. Those fans really do sound like petulant children. I’d rather he had gone but for heaven’s sake we have waited for YEARS to get rid of Ashley and have some hope for betterment. Hearing Stavely talking about improving the training facilities etc shows they are taking a sensible long-term view. Such a breath of fresh air after Ashley’s “nobody over 28”, “must sell on for a profit” “it’s about the EPL cash coming in” motivation. Let’s show a little patience and maturity.

• the crown princes nashers

Oct 14, 2021 at 4:18 PM

am sick of all this media outlets saying which manager will take over, all of them havent got a scooby on who they want, if cheesy chips is in the dugout who gives a monkies all I care about is them 11 players giving there all on a world wide stage in front of our new owners

you wont hear nowt more from me about bloody managers deein me barnet in 🙂 ok rant over

• sparky55

Oct 14, 2021 at 4:18 PM

What’s the odds on Bruce attending a clandestine meeting with the owners of the club and comes out of said meeting in multiple bin bags!

You never know…somewhere in the back of my mind I think that’s happened before!…allegedly!

• fatha1965

Oct 14, 2021 at 4:20 PM

Sparky
    Should have clarified I meant in the short term,either of those could prob motivate this squad better

• sparky55

Oct 14, 2021 at 4:21 PM

Fatha1969. ?

• sparky55

Oct 14, 2021 at 4:22 PM

that question mark left my key board as a thumbs up… 🙂 🙂

• cleveleysbob

Oct 14, 2021 at 4:28 PM

Wouldn’t it be great if his contract has the £ sign missing and we give him 8M sausage rolls!!

Be a good day for Greggs 😆

• JP...from The Rock

Oct 14, 2021 at 4:30 PM

• cleveleysbob

Oct 14, 2021 at 4:32 PM

I’m surprised there’s been no plane watching of private jets from Riyadh with Big Al supposedly on his way, or already here. But as we were told flying Thursday and I’m assuming 6/7 hours flight maybe 8. Still in air is my guess and meeting people tonight and over weekend.

• Zhongguo Geordie

Oct 14, 2021 at 4:33 PM

Hopefully Jones is in charge and theyre just keeping Bruce on for some unknown reason. We will be to tell when the line up is announced.

• Ron Knee

Oct 14, 2021 at 4:36 PM

Let’s hope he’ll soon be “gone like a cool breeze…”

• JP...from The Rock

Oct 14, 2021 at 4:36 PM

I trust they know what they’re doing but to say they’re are confused did irk me tbh. Have they not seen how useless Bruce is and how he’s got this team under performing even Mrs Staveley admitted to that.

Well I won’t let the site of thet clown in the dugout disappoint me and I really hope he doesn’t ruin what is a momentous day with an electric atmosphere.

• thereallowickmag

Oct 14, 2021 at 4:38 PM

I think we can assume whoever they’re after for the managers job is already in a job somewhere else. If they were currently out of work they’d be in by now.

• cleveleysbob

Oct 14, 2021 at 4:39 PM

JP, that sounds like an article designed to get a response (fishing).

I’m assuming that there are enough people within and advising the consortium that know enough about football to realise we (a) have an unbalanced squad (arguably Ashley’s fault) but that (b) this has been acerbated by Bruce playing several players out of position. Surely they look beyond our last finishing position and don’t ignore the no wins yet scenario.

• Assassins Inc

Oct 14, 2021 at 4:39 PM

I love Bruce, why are people so against him, he is amazing, I think people forget what he has done in his career.
    I mean who could forget Die Hard, The Sixth Sense, Red one and two.

• Bills Son Is Back

Oct 14, 2021 at 4:49 PM

An issue if we keep Bruce for Spurs is what happens if we stuff them 3/4-0?

Bruce will say he knew things would turn with Wilson, Lascelles, Hayden, Dummet & Shelvey back (depending on who plays) and will point to when he had everyone fit and the results at the end of last season.

It still shouldn’t stop him being pushed but it might not be great PR for the club , especially if he stays and we win another game or two.

That’s why I would wave him goodbye now.

• Mag52

Oct 14, 2021 at 4:51 PM

Tinman@50.

I’m aware fans have been shouting for Bruce to go since last December. There are quite a few who were shouting it on the day he started.
    But the clamour for him to go before the Spurs match is surely over the top.
    Don’t we want this game to be a celebration of a new era ?
    We want the players to be up for it as never before don’t we ?
    The very last thing we want are anti Bruce chants from the clowns who, in the past, thought it would get Ashley to sack him, or who now might think it’ll persuade the new owners to rush their decision making.
    Let’s have a joyous occasion on Sunday, not an ugly one, because we all know that there will be a new and improved manager joining our club in the not too distant future.

• geordie157

Oct 14, 2021 at 4:57 PM

Part of me wants to put a few clubs back in their place, ie Spurs, West Ham

Let’s buy Son, Kane, Rice, Cresswell and Coufal.

I’m not even sure why Spurs are a so called member of the big 6 other than they were holding our rightful place until Ashley left.

Only problem signing Kane would be listening to his post match interviews zzzzzz….I guess that’s why the mute button was created.

• lochinvar

Oct 14, 2021 at 5:01 PM

Bruce can have a some respect back if at the Press Conference he states ” that I have by mutual consent resigned my position as Head Coach after three challenging years which has seen the club maintain it’s position in the Premier League. I recognise that it’s now a time of change so hand over to Amanda Staveley who will have a few words ”

Amanda,” would like to introduce”… (door opens)…..????

• Wor B

Oct 14, 2021 at 5:02 PM

Kets?

• SholaShow

Oct 14, 2021 at 5:03 PM

Bills

Doesn’t matter is he’s already agreed and committed to leaving afterwards, disclosing that tomorrow. For us to turn in a good result I expect that will have to be the case.

If he comes out saying he’s been told he’s safe in the job and is fighting to continue, the dynamics just won’t be right to give Spurs a stuffing.

Right lads, nothing left to say today. All eyes on Bruce tomorrow. We’ll all be enlightened tomorrow.

Hopefully the conversation’s been had and he has now effectively agreed to be caretaker and Spurs is confirmed to likely be his final match tomorrow.

See yas tomorrow!

• lochinvar

Oct 14, 2021 at 5:03 PM

Assassins.

Bruce Almighty

• JP...from The Rock

Oct 14, 2021 at 5:03 PM

Bills son – that’s one of my fears. Bruce could win due to the players motivation to impress the new owners and he could give the new owners a false sense of security under him, making them think well he ain’t that bad let’s leave him on and then we’ll slump into another very bad run we can’t afford.

• SholaShow

Oct 14, 2021 at 5:04 PM

Tomorrow – if that wasn’t clear, is the big day 😉

Tomorrow.

• WLtoon

Oct 14, 2021 at 5:05 PM

Staveley saying she wants the PL title in 5 years, well she ain`t going to get it on the budget which was quoted this morning.
    !00M over 4 transfer windows will maintain our PL status, that`s about it.
    Someone is having a laugh , and i doubt it`s Amanda.

• lochinvar

Oct 14, 2021 at 5:06 PM

Kane – no thanks
    Just doesn’t feel right.
    Fit is everything.
    He can go to City.

We can then sign Son, he’d do well

• check the toastie

Oct 14, 2021 at 5:11 PM

I think its the deep routed mistrust of new owners of football clubs that has me
    Anxious. And not binning Bruceless feeds the monster that is anxiety. There has been more bad owners than good ones and unfortunately until there is evidence in actions rather than words that the new crew will make the club vibrant again i will unfortunately remain suspicious. Its just me nature to question folks motives. Pleased Ashley’s gone, you better believe it. Giving the new owners credit before any deeds are done. Nope not for me. Hope to see King Kev Sunday, will raise my spirits and raise my hopes. ??

• WLtoon

Oct 14, 2021 at 5:15 PM

Looks like Bruceless in the dugout on Sunday then.
    It`s bound to put a dampener on the atmosphere having him loitering on the touchline chewing his gums.
    My comfort is that the consortium want to get their first 2 appointments absolutely spot on, and to do that it takes a lot of time and diligence.
    Remember how quick this TO happened last week, i think they were caught by surprise so it`s hardly a shock that they might not have someone in place.
    Someone made a good point earlier, maybe the man they want as coach/ manager is currently in a job, they need to do a bit of negotiating.
    Tbh, i haven`t got a clue who they will choose but it`s good fun trying to guess.

• toonluvva

Oct 14, 2021 at 5:38 PM

I just want to raise a couple of points.

First is that in the last week we have managed to flush away one turd. Sadly there is another which has yet to be sent down the sewer.

Second, once that remaining turd has gone will the reporters that Turd 1 and Turd 2 found so objectionable due to their habit of asking awkward questions be readmitted to future press conferences.

Asking for a friend.