web analytics

Newcastle At Crystal Palace – Team Prediction, Injuries, and Poll Result

Here is the team I am predicting Graeme Jones will name for this afternoon’s match at Crystal Palace. It has three changes from the defeat to Spurs.

This formation is a variation of the 4-3-3 that has been deployed in recent weeks. Though it harkens back to when Jones first arrived and a diamond formation was implemented against Everton.

Both Crystal Palace and Newcastle are close to having a full collection of players available. Graeme Jones indicated during his press conference that Martin Dubravka was close but today would be a bit too early for the goalkeeper.

Newcastle Injuries

Martin Dubravka (foot), Paul Dummett (calf)

Crystal Palace Injuries

Eberechi Eze (Achilles), Nathan Ferguson (Achilles)

Our Poll result is not too bad considering we are facing a Crystal Palace side that has played very well of late. While 46% expect Newcastle to pick up nothing today. A third of those who voted are predicting we pick up our first win of the campaign. That would be some moment for Graeme Jones.

How will Newcastle Do At Crystal Palace On Saturday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

Who Would You Like To See As The Next Newcastle Manager?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Raj of Hailsley

Oct 23, 2021 at 10:28 AM

HWTL!!!

• Toon Tang

Oct 23, 2021 at 10:36 AM

Will be very interesting to see how this one plays out regarding formation and starting line up etc.

Will Jones put the correct players in their correct positions?

Stay tuned.

• Wor B

Oct 23, 2021 at 10:38 AM

Good to see Wor Kets9 (other) above Gerrard and Lampard in the poll.

😆

• Wor B

Oct 23, 2021 at 10:42 AM

Toon Tang

I’d like to think that when Bruce cleared his desk, he took away the mallet for bashing square pegs into round holes.

• Toon Tang

Oct 23, 2021 at 10:46 AM

WorB

hahaa along with his commodore 64 and menu’s I’m guessing.

Quite the clear out.

• Not another deJong

Oct 23, 2021 at 10:48 AM

My team for today 433:
    —–Almiron—Wilson—Maximin
    —-Willock—Longstaff—Murphy
    Lewis–Fernandez–Scharr–Manquillo
    ——————-Darlow

• Rotonda heights

Oct 23, 2021 at 10:53 AM

Magic

Thanks for your post last night. Sorry didn’t reply earlier as kindle was playing up. Yes I really loved Dublin and spent 5 great years there. As Munster alluded to it’s probably massively changed since the days I used to get into the disco at Jury’s hotel in Ballsbridge and go shopping and having a coffee and meal in Grafton street. Hopefully will get there again this April for a 3 times postponed Simple Minds concert!

Yes that link was indeed the match I went to and Chippy Brady’s goal brought it all back to me! Good times. I think Mirandinha had either signed or was about to sign for us back then.

Family wise it’s been tough as my wife recently got diagnosed with cervical cancer with no obvious symptoms at all, so bit off a shock and I’m seeing too much of hospitals at the minute but the prognosis is positive as it was caught very early. Would advise all your wives, daughters, girlfriends, nieces etc to get a smear test as it literally could save their lives.

Back to football it’s going to seem very strange today but hopefully the new manager bounce, or more the old manager leaving bounce can get us something.

• Bills Son Is Back

Oct 23, 2021 at 10:56 AM

I’d go with…

Darlow
    Manq Lascelles Fede Lewis
    Hayden Murphy
    ASM Miggy Fraser
    Wilson

Willock hasn’t done enough for me to get a place when he isn’t scoring.

Fraser deserves a run of games.

• Rotonda heights

Oct 23, 2021 at 10:56 AM

Nadj

I like that team and formation. Cant’see them dropping Lascelles, even though he has been poor lately and isn’t a ball playing CB that Jones wants to see.

• Optimistic prime

Oct 23, 2021 at 11:00 AM

Manq Lasc Ferd Lewis
    Hayden Longstaff
    Asm Joe Frazer
    Wilson

Have Wilock and Almiron to come on with fresh legs 30mins to go.

I’m picking Joe in the centre as he’s the best at link up play we have!

Having Frazer Asm and Wilson making runs off him.

I’ll take your shit but he’s the only one showing any guts or heart atm.

• toxic lollie

Oct 23, 2021 at 11:00 AM

@Not another deJong
    Like your selection but who for captain?

• Rotonda heights

Oct 23, 2021 at 11:02 AM

Bills

Interesting to see if Fraser will respond to Jones. Obviously seemed a bit of an issue with bruce, especially after the Sheffield utd fiasco. It would be good to have some extra pace up front with St Max.

• Wor B

Oct 23, 2021 at 11:02 AM

Rotonda Heights

Sorry to hear of your wife’s health issue, hope it turns out well.

Take extra care of her and let her know the blog are rooting for her!

• Bills Son Is Back

Oct 23, 2021 at 11:03 AM

Rotunda

I know what a huge shock it is to your life when your wife is diagnosed with cancer and l hope she fully recovers. The good thing is it can give you a whole new perspective on how fragile we are and to live each day to the full and enjoy and cherish the time you spend together.

Best wishes to you both.

• Raj of Hailsley

Oct 23, 2021 at 11:04 AM

Bill’s son is back,
    I too would like to see Fraser get a run but not sure what you’re basing that he deserves it on.

• Rotonda heights

Oct 23, 2021 at 11:05 AM

Tbf Joe was impressive v Spurs, seemed to win a lot of 50/50’s.

• Rotonda heights

Oct 23, 2021 at 11:06 AM

Many thanks Bill, much appreciated.

• Rotonda heights

Oct 23, 2021 at 11:07 AM

And you Wor B.

• Bills Son Is Back

Oct 23, 2021 at 11:08 AM

OP

I wouldn’t be against playing Jo in the centre of midfield.

He is better winning headers there than on the wing, he can have more time on the ball by dropping deep, and he is starting to use his size and weight far more effectively in holding the oppo off.

Jo is one that a new manager could make into a key player if he can find the best position for him.

• Optimistic prime

Oct 23, 2021 at 11:08 AM

Rotonda

Hes one of the players that will thrive under proper coaching and tactics.

He’ll be here longer than a lot expect.

• Wor B

Oct 23, 2021 at 11:08 AM

OP

You’ll get no shit from me for including Joel, he was the only one playing for the shirt last week.

• Optimistic prime

Oct 23, 2021 at 11:09 AM

Bills

Theres a proper player in Jo that a lot don’t see.

• Optimistic prime

Oct 23, 2021 at 11:10 AM

Good to see Joe getting a bit of credit.

• cornishman

Oct 23, 2021 at 11:11 AM

I like the line up Laccelles and Ritchie should be dropped but will Jones do it, a bit of a test of his beliefs perhaps.

• geordietom

Oct 23, 2021 at 11:12 AM

Rotonda heights…

sorry to hear about your wifes health , my wife was diagnosed with the same thing a few years back , thoughts go out to your wife and you mate …

• Optimistic prime

Oct 23, 2021 at 11:12 AM

Rotonda

Send your wife my love and good wishes. Hope you’re well to.

• Bills Son Is Back

Oct 23, 2021 at 11:12 AM

Jail

He deserves a run to let us see what he can do.

He’s never had that chance whereas as others have been played time and again and shown they rarely produce sweet FA.

I love Miggy but he just doesn’t have enough end product, Longstaff has done nowt for a season, Jo – until recently – has been played purely because he cost £40M.

If I was Fraser I’d be totally pi$$ed off. And I’ve heard he is,

• Not another deJong

Oct 23, 2021 at 11:14 AM

Captain: Wilson

• Wor B

Oct 23, 2021 at 11:15 AM

Bills

I’ve been saying for a long time we could do a Diame with Joelinton.

Diame was ineffective as No10 but seems to relish having more of the pitch and options ahead of him when MF. Had Pogba in his pocket to the point Pogba was subbed.

• Not another deJong

Oct 23, 2021 at 11:17 AM

Joelinton is more of a midfielder than he is a striker, just needs coaching and should study Yaya Touré

• Bills Son Is Back

Oct 23, 2021 at 11:18 AM

OP

Where Jo has found the Prem tough – which many players from other leagues do – is the pace and how quickly you are closed down.

He’s getting far better at dealing with the closing down but he lacks pace and that is a huge problem as a ST in the Prem. That’s why he could make it as a centre mid where his strength on the ball, technical ability and passing range could make him a commanding player.

A good coach might just work wonders with him.

• Mund

Oct 23, 2021 at 11:19 AM

RH

Really sorry to hear about you’re wife mate. My best wishes go out to the missus and I pray for a speedy recovery. Stay positive bud

• Great White Hunter

Oct 23, 2021 at 11:22 AM

Rotonda, Good luck and very best wishes to you and your wife regarding her health, take care of each other, I,m sure you will, cheers. GWH

• Raj of Hailsley

Oct 23, 2021 at 11:27 AM

RH,
    I hope you and the family are all ok and wish your wife a speedy recovery.

• Raj of Hailsley

Oct 23, 2021 at 11:29 AM

Bill’s,
    Wasn’t there talk of him refusing to play RWB and then saying he’d play anywhere for Scotland

• Wor B

Oct 23, 2021 at 11:30 AM

I’ve found Brucie’s mallet…

……………………………Wilson……………………

…Fraser……………….Miggy……………Maxi…

…………Joelinton…………….Willock…………

..Lewis………Fede………..Schar……….Manq

…………………………Darlow………………………..

• WLtoon

Oct 23, 2021 at 11:50 AM

RH,

Sorry to hear of your wife`s illness. I hope she makes a speedy recovery and you are ok, be strong ok

• WLtoon

Oct 23, 2021 at 11:54 AM

Interesting to hear quite a few giving Joe some praise on here. Must admit he has been one of our better players recently, not hard mind, maybe he could save the new owners a few quid after all if the new manager gets another 10% out of him playing in a more suitable position. I think he would be better suited in CM, bit like a Pogba type.
    GO JOE.

• Ron Knee

Oct 23, 2021 at 11:54 AM

All the best, RH.

• The Ledge

Oct 23, 2021 at 11:54 AM

Rotonda sorry to hear about your wife my best wishes to her on a speedy recovery.