web analytics

Newcastle To Pluck Youth Manager From North East Rivals – Report

Newcastle could make a significant appointment this week at the Academy. The Mail is reporting that Elliott Dickman will be named U23s manager this week.

The 43-year-old has held the same position at Sunderland since 2017. He has spent the past 26 years with Newcastle’s North East rivals as a youth player and then rising through the coaching ranks. He was the U18s assistant coach prior to being promoted to his current role.

Academy head Steven Harper, who spent half a season at the Stadium of Light in 2016, has led the hunt to fill the vacant position. The role became open when U23 manager Chris Hogg left for an assistant head coach position with MK Dons in August.

Former Magpie Gary Caldwell then came in for a brief spell to assist but left in early September after three weeks. Caldwell has since been hired as a loans coach with Manchester City.

The new owners are expected to significantly increase funding for youth development. Dickman will play a key part in helping to develop youngsters for the first team. Hopefully, we’ll see some top youth prospects added in January along with signings for the first team.

Who Would You Like To See As The Next Newcastle Manager?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

How Will Newcastle Do Against Chelsea On Saturday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Oct 27, 2021 at 12:19 PM

What is good about this is we are poaching from Sunderland !

Newcastle should always have the best young players in the North East within their academy and we should also be the first inline for any of the best Scottish players seeing as we are the closest premiership club

• Ashingtoon62

Oct 27, 2021 at 12:25 PM

About this U23 manager from Sunderland,I would have thought that our new DOF would of wanted some say in it.Are we not going down that route??

• Adamn_92

Oct 27, 2021 at 12:27 PM

Mund

Yeah that’s a fair comment. Just seems a bit odd to want someone back who doesn’t like the place, people on it, comes across as angry and abusive and got banned. Just can’t see the logic myself.

Anyway he get’s brought up a weird amount of times enough as it is and like you say, I don’t really know the ins and outs of it so i’ll butt out and not comment on it anymore.

• Ron Knee

Oct 27, 2021 at 12:30 PM

As Jib, and before that Jeff, he trolled the blog for years.

• Mund

Oct 27, 2021 at 12:33 PM

Adam

You can say whatever you like about him mate and I know comments have been made about yourself and you are in your right to respond to that. Honestly you do as you please.

I think you are better than that tho and are a lot more intelligent. Jib had a few run ins with a few on here and he gave as good as he got. I can’t speak for anyone else as that’s his issues not mine.

I just thought an intelligent speaking lad like yourself doesn’t need to resort to such things.

• only one bobby robson

Oct 27, 2021 at 12:41 PM

Ten hag odds shortening now into 12-1 from 50-1

• Adamn_92

Oct 27, 2021 at 12:43 PM

Mund

Nah it’s fine i’ll leave it there, I don’t really feel the need to say any more on it. Just thought it’s weird people would want to welcome someone who comes across like that back onto the blog. Like I say, I don’t know enough about it and find the whole thing weird so i’ve said my part and will see myself out and leave it there.

• lesh

Oct 27, 2021 at 12:47 PM

Mund

You’re almost sanctifying a nasty nasty person

He was posting his bile long before you appeared and what you clearly don’t see is that deranged characters such as he are adept at manipulating folk.

Be cautious

• sparky55

Oct 27, 2021 at 12:48 PM

CYPRUS@86 in previous post

PMSL!…although a bit disappointed you didn’t change Santos for Bruce just for this ere blog

That’s what we need right now…more humour…the lack of news on the managerial and DOF front is causing the opening up old warring wounds again…more humour please!

Onwards and upwards

Sheikh rattle and roll 🙂 🙂

• lesh

Oct 27, 2021 at 12:53 PM

Ron Knee

You’re right that ‘as Jib, and before that Jeff, he trolled the blog for years’.

Has he stopped?

Different names don’t always hide a person’s identity.

• catchy in norway

Oct 27, 2021 at 12:56 PM

Come on, you couldn’t make it up, richest club in the world, and our first signing is from Sunderland in league 1.

Bar not set very high.

• Mund

Oct 27, 2021 at 12:58 PM

Lesh

Don’t be silly fella I’m big enough and daft enough to think for myself.

I know you had a run in and I know he said something very hurtful for you and was out of order but that doesn’t mean everybody needs to throw hate.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 27, 2021 at 12:58 PM

Can’t say that I’ve ever had a problem with Jib, so wouldn’t be bothered either way if he came back or not.

It’s up to the Harrisons whether they want to reinstate him or not.

• SholaShow

Oct 27, 2021 at 1:01 PM

I saw Jiblets as a mildly amusing sideshow most of the time, but then he’d step over the line with deliberately inflammatory comments on occasion.

Not sure he ever contributed anything of note related to football discussion.

I think brining him back on would only serve to cause more ruckus and turn good people away from the blog, proceed with caution blog masters.

• SholaShow

Oct 27, 2021 at 1:05 PM

Dennis Twice is the best poster on the blog. Never said a bad word about anybody or even disagreed. Always positive 🙂

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 27, 2021 at 1:06 PM

catchy

If he improves the U23s he could come from a non league club from Tiera Del Fuego as far as I’m concerned! 🙂

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 27, 2021 at 1:07 PM

Shola

Aah, you haven’t spotted the nuances in his comments then? 🙂

• TTB@W ARMY

Oct 27, 2021 at 1:09 PM

Think it was Coming Home last night who was still having issues with that pop up advert, I cleared everything in my history, cache, passwords the lot and it hasn’t bothered me since. Don’t know if you’ve already tried it or not.

• The Bard of Bensham Bank

Oct 27, 2021 at 1:11 PM

I saw OP suggested this morning that I write a song based on “Don’t Worry – Be Happy” by Bobby McFerrin when the debate was about ‘Is it too early to be concerned about relegation?’

I couldn’t get the tune out of my head so I’ve spent my lunch break putting this together in the hope that I can now be free of the earworm!

I’m not sure if it hits the mark regarding blog unity,but I hope no one is offended.

Here’s a little song to sing
    No need to stress about this relegation thing
    Don’t worry, ….be clappy
    They taught me during my ther-apy
    Just to turn my back on re-al-ity
    Don’t worry,…. be clappy

Don’t worry,be clappy, ooh-ooh etc …..

They said bury your head into the sand
    When you take it out it’ll all be grand
    Don’t worry, ….be clappy
    Pos-itivi-ty is the only way
    To help me make it through the day
    Don’t worry, …..be clappy

Don’t worry,be clappy, ooh-ooh etc

I’ve made this song up just for fun
    I believe our battle will be surely won
    Don’t worry,….be clappy
    I’m with the happy clappers on the bus
    Now Amanda’s at the wheel for us
    Don’t worry,…be clappy

Oooh, ooh,ooh oo-oooh etc….

• TTB@W ARMY

Oct 27, 2021 at 1:12 PM

I’m starting to get the feeling that Graeme Jones will be in charge till at least January, could be wrong as I am on the same wavelength as Novo and Onmeeedson in regards to relegation.

• Mund

Oct 27, 2021 at 1:12 PM

Lesh

Let’s not forget mate you continue to harass someone on this blog so you ain’t as innocent as you think pal

• hibbit

Oct 27, 2021 at 1:13 PM

i wonder how many of you have eaten one of young mr dickmans grandads pies ??

• Mund

Oct 27, 2021 at 1:13 PM

Bard

I feel insulted my name wasn’t mentioned 😉

Good rhyme

• TTB@W ARMY

Oct 27, 2021 at 1:15 PM

The under 23 gadgy from the Mackems could have been a Jones pick.

• SholaShow

Oct 27, 2021 at 1:16 PM

Staveley has emphasised brining through local lads, I imagine a shortcut to gathering some of the best local talent is getting a guy in who has worked in the region for a long period of time and perhaps has built up a large number of contacts – the type of thing we’ll never know about, but makes sense as his managerial record itself isn’t anything great, but then winning isn’t really the primary objective at youth levels.

• Mister Tuff

Oct 27, 2021 at 1:20 PM

Aye cannot recall anything bad about Jib – never crossed swords with him.

If he did post anything bad I remember I was always out with the Missus shopping so missed it.

On other occasions I was off line making the tea so cannot say he said anything bad there.

On other occasions I must have not seen bad posts because I had a sty in both eyes and could not see the text.

And on other occasions he said stuff about people that I don’t like – so I’ll keep quiet about that.

• TTB@W ARMY

Oct 27, 2021 at 1:20 PM

Still think the new owners should have dispensed with @#£&% straight away and got someone in till the end of the season, it would have put paid to all this manager speculation.

• bettyswallocks

Oct 27, 2021 at 1:27 PM

Lesh…….. I’ll steer clear of Twitter thanks as I think that platform is for broader discussion. Perhaps you should indulge so you can focus on your main agenda on there rather than using a footie blog.
    I understand Jib made a very personal offensive comment to you on here re your wife which was without question out of order but I remember clearly it was in retaliation to being continuously goaded by you. ( still no excuse). I think he apologised.
    During Ashley’s reign of hopeless despair , there were a lot of things posted on here that shouldn’t have been, no doubt born out of frustration and anger where folks needed to vent out.
    I just think that now the club has a wonderfully bright future, this maybe is the time to mend bridges , let bygones be bygones and all join together to enjoy the exciting times that lie ahead.

• lesh

Oct 27, 2021 at 1:30 PM

Mund

Harass? Now who else’s used that word? Think about it.

• Mund

Oct 27, 2021 at 1:33 PM

Lesh

Jane is not Jib it’s as simple as that.

Think for one second and imagine it isn’t?

• lesh

Oct 27, 2021 at 1:34 PM

bettyswallocks

Goaded? Ye jest surely.

Apology? Not a word.

Apologies are meaningful when they are genuinely felt – they aren’t when they’re delivered as if a requirement.

Anyway, enough.

• WLtoon

Oct 27, 2021 at 1:36 PM

Favre closing in on Fonseca now, only half an odd in it. Hmmmm

• Mund

Oct 27, 2021 at 1:39 PM

WL

The bookies are just playing mind games mate they don’t have a Scooby

• hibbit

Oct 27, 2021 at 1:44 PM

can anyone tell me why the new owners are still talking to Overmars if its going to be one of those 2 Favre or Fonseca ??

• bettyswallocks

Oct 27, 2021 at 1:49 PM

Lesh…….. Fair enough if you haven’t got it in your heart to forgive him that’s up to you. I personally couldn’t be so hard hearted but we’re not all the same.

I consider this place to be a small community of loyal NUFC fans not just a blog. We argue and disagree about many things on here sometimes over vigorously and we all sort of know each others characters , strengths and frailties to some degree. We can’t dispute though that all of us love NUFC with a passion.

IMHO Jib falls into the category of a loyal NUFC fan despite whatever else he might or might not be. Therefore it doesn’t sit right with me somehow that having been part of the community on here throughout all the depressing times he is now excluded from sharing the new era.

This is my last post on the subject you’ll all be glad to hear.

• fatha1965

Oct 27, 2021 at 1:52 PM

This is the bloke we should be after,but

Just for his name alone

• Regan

Oct 27, 2021 at 1:53 PM

I don’t know what pop ups other bloggers are getting..
    But I’m getting scantily clad women in fish nets….seriously. .

So if Admin could leave it for a while longer..

Thanks