web analytics

These Two Struggling Stars Could Be Available In January – Report

Without a permanent manager or a Director of Football in place, it’s hard to gauge who Newcastle will target in the January window. The prevailing wisdom is that the board will look to bring in players with Premier League experience for a push up the table.

Newcastle have just 4 points from the opening 9 league fixtures, which represents almost a quarter of the campaign. Our next manager, whoever that is, has his work cut out for him until the winter window opens.

The transfer approach for January will be one of pragmatism. It’s likely Newcastle will focus on players on expiring contracts like Burnley’s James Tarkowski and Manchester United’s Jesse Lingard.

There could also be other players targeted who aren’t nearing the end of their contracts. Southampton’s James Ward-Prowse was identified by Football Insider as a potential target earlier today.

If Newcastle identify a player, like Ward-Prowse, as someone they truly want, the funds will be there to test the resolve of their current clubs. Though with Ward-Prowse, he just signed a new deal to 2026 this past summer.

There are reports surfacing today that two former targets could be available in January after experiencing some difficult times with their current clubs. Dele Alli has not reached the heights he soared to when first joining Tottenham from MK Dons in 2015.

Newcastle were heavily linked with the now 25-year-old before Spurs swooped in and landed him for a fee of £5m. He was one of England’s brightest stars for his first three seasons but has been a shell of himself the past few years.

The Athletic is speculating that his time in Tottenham could be coming to an end after failing to impress this season under new manager Nuno Espirito Santo. He could be a decent signing if Spurs do try to offload him as Newcastle are crying out for some creativity.

Likewise, Eden Hazard has struggled over the past few seasons. He was briefly touted as a target of Newcastle’s when at Lille but then-manager Alan Pardew shot down those reports as ridiculous.

Hazard made his big move to Chelsea in 2012 where his reputation was propelled into another stratosphere. He then left Stamford Bridge in a monumental move to Real Madrid two seasons ago.

However, injuries have plagued him since his move to the Bernabeu limiting him to just 25 La Liga starts in over two seasons. This season he has struggled to break into Carlo Ancelotti’s team, with the Italian even publicly admitting he prefers other players to Hazard at the moment.

ESPN is reporting that both Chelsea and Newcastle have been sounded out over potential interest in the 30-year-old. Though no concrete interest has been reported and Hazard stated over the summer that he wanted to make it work at Real Madrid.

We’ll see if any movement happens with Alli and Hazard. With the World Cup just over a year away, they may end up seeking a fresh start where they’ll get more playing time.

Who Would You Like To See As The Next Newcastle Manager?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

How Will Newcastle Do Against Chelsea On Saturday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• FloridaToon

Oct 28, 2021 at 7:36 PM

Dubai (from last post)

I agree anytime up until Monday would be fine….but I just don’t see anything being announced before then.

• Scythe

Oct 28, 2021 at 7:38 PM

Not sure if anyone has posted this already but it makes for an interesting read…

• Mund

Oct 28, 2021 at 7:39 PM

Rumour has it magic.

I’d imagine there is some truth to it the amount of time he has been in England.

• Adamn_92

Oct 28, 2021 at 7:39 PM

No need for frustration about the manager and director situation. They said Jones will be in charge for two games, his second game is at the weekend. An announcement of any manager or director before the game would be a major distraction. I’m expecting something in the days following the match.

We are in a weird spot. Need someone who can get points quickly and shore up a defence. Then it’s a case of if they want someone short term to keep us up, then move onto a new manager, or if they want someone on a long deal now. My guess would be they’re after a manager who can keep us up and then improve us once safety is assured.

Then, they need to find a director who will want to work with that manager and vice versa. I don’t think it’s quite as easy as some people think and there’s lots of things to consider and getting the right decision should absolutely take time.

Have faith and at the very least wait until after Saturday to start being impatient and frustrated.

• IrishRob

Oct 28, 2021 at 7:40 PM

We can’t be going for people like Hazard, it’s just silly. Too much risk and too much expense.

• chancel be a fine thing

Oct 28, 2021 at 7:41 PM

Repost in order to upset Jail.

These are really big decisions with huge ramifications for our future.
    We are apparently choosing a DOF and a coach on the footballing side; and a CEO on the business side. And it’s not just simply I like this one best, he’s in. Maybe everyone agrees on the manager and the DOF they’d like, but the DOF wants a different manager. Do they choose the DOF they want to take us forward, but sacrifice the manager they want to keep us up.
    They said Jones in charge for 2 matches. Would be unprofessional to take the players minds off the match.
    After the match is the soonest we will hear anything official IMO and that could be that the search is ongoing and Jones will be in charge for Brighton.
    My thoughts are a decision will be made soon. I’m sure all the candidates have been interviewed many times and what combinations of DOF/manager are possible are known. It’s decision time……….
    I think they’re all good. I’m sure everyone is OK with and prepared for dealing with relegation. Let’s roll the dice and start a new era.

• IrishRob

Oct 28, 2021 at 7:42 PM

I think most ppl are still on the last thread tbh.

• Mund

Oct 28, 2021 at 7:46 PM

Come on Rob mate. Hazard would be unreal here and better than anything we have had or have had for a very long time.

• only one bobby robson

Oct 28, 2021 at 7:46 PM

Just put king Kev in charge and buy him 4 strikers 4-2-4 attacking the entertainers reborn!

• magicmac54

Oct 28, 2021 at 7:49 PM

Mund

Your spot on there mate you would imagine he could speak English by now with the amount of time he has been in England, so probably not just rumours.

• the white tino

Oct 28, 2021 at 7:50 PM

Irish Nob see your done with sitting on the fence now!! Using your expertise to tell everyone who we should and shouldn’t buy lol, you must have vast experience in team building?

• IrishRob

Oct 28, 2021 at 7:52 PM

Course he’s better than what we have, but for the money we’d have to pay I’m not sure he’s good value, or even sensible taking ffp into account. On top of that his injury record since he left Chelsea has been abysmal.

My whole point is if we were going to spend that kind of money or wages then there surely has to be better and they’re are definitely more with much less risk.

I wouldn’t for a second be disappointed, I’m just trying to be smart about it. I just think if we start messing around with those kind of signings and hoping for the best then we’re in trouble.

• IrishRob

Oct 28, 2021 at 7:55 PM

I’d were going to spendbthat kind of money then go out and buy somone like Theo Hernández from AC Milan. lwb is a police actually need to fill and he’s much younger and has huge potential to be even better than he already is.

Wasting it on a player who is a gamble at best and in a position were not shambolic in, isn’t my idea of a good signing.

• IrishRob

Oct 28, 2021 at 7:57 PM

Funny that cretin only ever comes on here to start trouble with me me to tell me I’m not allowed an opinion isn’t it?

• only one bobby robson

Oct 28, 2021 at 7:58 PM

Get Patrick Schick , Zakaria from gladbach , lingaard and Lewis dunk jobs a good one oh and either favre or Gerrard as manager

• Mund

Oct 28, 2021 at 7:58 PM

I don’t understand when people say about good value for money as we don’t control the finances and it isn’t our money and to top it off we are the richest club in the world by a country mile.

It doesn’t effect us what we spend and who on. If we can bring Hazard in who tore this league apart when at Chelsea then my god get it done.

You only have to look at this squad of players to know someone like Hazard would be a dream signing.

If the Saudis want to splash out and maybe pay over the odds now and then, then by all means do it, it has zero effect on us if they do or don’t.

We only have to look at one of our own with paying over the odds in big Joe and that was Ashley. We can spend what we like for 3 years without effect so I don’t care what they spend on who as long as it makes the team and squad stronger.

• IrishRob

Oct 28, 2021 at 8:00 PM

But surely we have to think of value for money for ffp.

Anyways I’d love him here mund, I just think personally its not clever business.

• magicmac54

Oct 28, 2021 at 8:01 PM

I hope they sign players who want to be at Newcastle for the right reasons and understand the project going forward, also they are players who are hungry and have good character and good attitude, and not prima donna`s like Paul Pogba who only puts a shift in when he feels like it, they are the last type of players we want at our club, we want players who will give blood sweat and tears for the cause. HWTL

• Mund

Oct 28, 2021 at 8:03 PM

We don’t have to worry about FFP just yet mate and won’t for another 3 years.

Wages don’t come into it and Hazard wouldn’t cost what you might think. He would be nowhere near the price Madrid paid for him but still expensive.

We need match winners and Hazard certainly fits that mould.

I know what you are saying and down the line I will be right there with you but for now we need quality and proven quality.

• coming home

Oct 28, 2021 at 8:03 PM

Munster your post at 245 last thread is shocking
    They have been in control less than 3 weeks
    Even appointing an assistant manager at Aldi takes longer than 3 weeks
    Get real man this is a very important appointment if it takes months to get it right then so be it
    They are here to build, not fly by owners looking to make a few quid

• Raj of Hailsley

Oct 28, 2021 at 8:07 PM

You only have to look at what happened to QPR to understand that you still need to be a bit careful in the market, these guys have a shed load more money but it could screw up the team big time if you buy all the wrong players. Hazard would be a ridiculous signing imo, you couldn’t get many more out of place players.

• magicmac54

Oct 28, 2021 at 8:14 PM

First and foremost we are in a relegation battle, we need better quality players for sure, but we need to make sure they are players who are best equipped to keep us in the premier league as thats all that matters this season, i have no doubt the vast majority of fans would settle for 17th right now, i know i certainly would. HWTL

• SholaShow

Oct 28, 2021 at 8:15 PM

Only Belgian inside forward/10 I’d want is Trossard from Brighton.

Gifted ambipedal technician – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtHdzjCO5U4&t=9s

Beware, a few clips of him punishing us in there 🙁

18 months left on his contract.

• coming home

Oct 28, 2021 at 8:15 PM

And if it takes Everton another 2 matches to sack Rafa
    Then we sit tight and wait

• coming home

Oct 28, 2021 at 8:17 PM

Shola

Trossard’s a good shout
    But can he play as a striker in Wilsons absence

• magicmac54

Oct 28, 2021 at 8:17 PM

• Mund

Oct 28, 2021 at 8:18 PM

Ridiculous as in you wouldn’t have him?

• Mund

Oct 28, 2021 at 8:25 PM

Who did QPR sign in the shape of a player like Hazard?

• Raj of Hailsley

Oct 28, 2021 at 8:25 PM

No, ridiculous as he has always played in a far far superior team to this one, a true superstar, and unlike KK has absolutely no other reason to be here other than money, he’d have a major get out clause of we went down and imo his heart wouldn’t be in it wishing he was somewhere else the whole time

• magicmac54

Oct 28, 2021 at 8:26 PM

It would be perfect if we could get a striker who could play up top with Wilson, or alternatively could play as the lone striker if Wilson was injured.

• SholaShow

Oct 28, 2021 at 8:26 PM

CH

We’re getting Belotti for that mate 🙂

• Mund

Oct 28, 2021 at 8:28 PM

That’s an opinion Raj as I don’t see Hazard as that kind of player. He is a match winner on his own a world class talent.

It’s like saying we might as well sell Maxi as he stands out as one of those players who is to good for the team.

I don’t even think we could sign him but if we could it’s a no brainer adding that kind of talent in the final third.

• IrishRob

Oct 28, 2021 at 8:30 PM

But we do have to worry about ffp if we’re spending that much on one player.

Anyways let’s drop it, I going to be accused of starting arguments on here for having a different opinion, if I keep explaining why I think its not a good idea.

Once again I’d love him here you won’t hear me complain about it..I’m just offering another side to a discussion that I fell is relevant.

• Mund

Oct 28, 2021 at 8:34 PM

No arguments Rob just difference of opinion mate.

Just like a sesh in the pub

• magicmac54

Oct 28, 2021 at 8:34 PM

The bottom line is even if we are the most wealthy club in the world now, major top ranked super star players will not be signing for Newcastle until they establish themselves as a top half premier league team.

• Raj of Hailsley

Oct 28, 2021 at 8:35 PM

Yes Mund, an opinion, that’s why I said imo.

• Mund

Oct 28, 2021 at 8:37 PM

I guess I’m just shocked that some would say no to Hazard.

If we were already 3 years in and challenging to an extent I’d get it but just look at the squad now.

• Optimistic prime

Oct 28, 2021 at 8:37 PM

I totally understand the frustration as I’m feeling it a tad too.

Before everyone starts saying the new owners don’t know what they’re doing, taking to long, have you ever thought the decision has already been made?

Jones was given two games, there’s a multitude of reasons why the DOF and Manager haven’t been announced yet other than they don’t know what they’re doing.

The decision may have been made and we need work permits visas etc, I don’t know and neither do you, none of us has owned a football club!

It’s great saying you’ll do this or that but these decisions could cost hundreds of millions in the long road.

No need for panic yet, keep tight ahold cos it’ll go like a rocket once it starts.

Onwards and upwards.

P.s. I’ll be panicking if nothing by end of play Monday.

• FloridaToon

Oct 28, 2021 at 8:37 PM

I would like to see us get Amine Gouiri at ST.

• magicmac54