web analytics

International Midfielder Offered To Newcastle Through Intermediaries – Report

Last week, multiple reports claimed that Juventus were planning on cashing in on midfield duo Adrien Rabiot and Aaron Ramsay. Newcastle have been continually linked with the pair since our consortium first agreed on a deal with Mike Ashley in April of 2020.

Rabiot has since come out and said that he sees his future in Turin. The 26-year-old has started all 8 Serie A matches he’s been available for this term. So, there could be nothing in the reports that Juve manager Max Allegri wants to offload the Frenchman.

The same cannot be said for the former Gunner Ramsay. The 30-year-old has played just 112 minutes across five appearances this season after hitting 30 appearances last term. There have been recent claims that Juventus are trying to terminate his contract in the winter.

Football Insider is reporting that Newcastle have been offered the Welsh international through intermediaries as his future in Turin looks to be coming to an end.

Ramsay still features regularly for Wales, starting their last 3 World Cup Qualifiers. He bagged a brace in Saturday’s 5-1 win over Belarus. Ramsay also started all four Euro 2020 matches over the summer.

The midfielder has always battled injury woes. That’s continued this season ruling him out of international duty during the first break in September. He’s already had four separate injuries this season, though all have been minor muscle problems.

Former Coventry striker and current pundit Noel Whelan reckons Ramsay would be a very good capture in January. Speaking on the back of Ramsay’s performance against Belarus, Whelan said the following about his links to Newcastle:

“Absolutely, that performance will have impressed Newcastle no end.

“Watching him during the game for Wales, it doesn’t look like he’s been sat on the bench at Juventus at all, it looks like he’s played every minute.

“He’s got that sharpness, that experience, and that knowhow to be in the right place at the right time. I don’t know how many times I’ve seen him just following up a shot with a simple tap-in, he’s got it down to a fine art.

“If he is available, which at the moment it seems he will be with him being surplus to requirements at Juve, then that would be a brilliant signing.

“He would add quality and be a serious upgrade on what they’ve got for at least two years – and he’s got those leadership qualities as well.”

• IrishRob

Nov 16, 2021 at 9:55 AM

In other news,it seems there is going yo be another Lethal Weapon movie. Mel is going to direct it after Donners passing this year.

Not sure how I feel about it, they’re one of my favourite movie series and I’d kill to get one last one, but in another way they finished it so we’ll back in 1998 that you wonder why are they bothering.

Whatever happens its not going to be quite the same without Donner, we also lost Michael Kamen back in 2004 I think, so the music might not feel the same either, which was a HUGE part of the essence of the movies. It makes it vital that they get Eric Clapton and David Sandborn back on board because it won’t even feel like Lethal Weapon anymore without their guitar and Saxophone riffs in the background.

Absolutely everyone has to be on board or its not going to work.

• Adamn_92

Nov 16, 2021 at 10:08 AM

I think Ramsey would still demand a pretty hefty wage considering the insane amount he was on at Juventus. If he came here and started earning double or even triple what our next highest earner gets paid, would the rest of the team be happy about that? Just walking in and getting paid at least double what they are before even kicking a ball for the team? Not sure what that would do for squad harmony. They could be fine with it and be happy to welcome a player like Ramsey to help the team, I just worry it could annoy a few and we need everyone on the same page from now till the end of the season.

Then there’s the injury concerns, don’t want to pay him loads every week for being in physio room 75% of the time. If he was willing to join on a reasonable wage, or even a pay to play contract then i’d say go for it. On a big wage and a 2 year contract (or more) i’d probably look to spend that money elsewhere.

• geordietom

Nov 16, 2021 at 10:09 AM

i see that the COVID debate raged on thru the night …

everyone to their own its their choice whether they have it or not , ive had the 3 jabs as i said my choice , so has my missus who’s had a lot of bad health ,

little footnote she’s going in hospital again this thursday for another operation so im glad shes had her covid jabs …

• lesh

Nov 16, 2021 at 10:09 AM

IrishRob

Is the Donner you referred to Donner Cabaye?

Think about JFK!

• Mund

Nov 16, 2021 at 10:09 AM

Wor Flags Waving black flag
    @worflags
    57s
    We’re needing help on matchdays. If your in the GG and would like to help out with future displays please send us a DM with your name and number. #NUFC

• lesh

Nov 16, 2021 at 10:11 AM

geordietom

Sounds as though Mrs GT’s been through the wars and she’s lucky to have had you by her side.

Keep your peckers up.

• Mund

Nov 16, 2021 at 10:12 AM

It’s a no for Ramsey from me

• Mag52

Nov 16, 2021 at 10:16 AM

Hi Geordietom,

Just to wish your wife well for her hospital visit.
    Three jabs should protect her against the hospital cuisine at the very least.

• The overrated Frenchman

Nov 16, 2021 at 10:18 AM

Hope it’s a good outcome for your wife Geordietom. Can’t understand people refusing to be vaccinated, and unfortunately my daughter in law is one.

• geordietom

Nov 16, 2021 at 10:19 AM

Lesh …

keep me pecker up , 😆

• Mund

Nov 16, 2021 at 10:19 AM

What people need to understand and only understand is it’s there choice.

End of discussion

• Mund

Nov 16, 2021 at 10:21 AM

Wishing the trifle lady all well Tom

She will smash it mate proper trooper

• geordietom

Nov 16, 2021 at 10:21 AM

Mag52 …

cheers mate , she doesnt touch the hospital food 😆

TOF cheers mate …

• JP...from The Rock

Nov 16, 2021 at 10:22 AM

These Ramsey rumours won’t go away. Would be good for us though he’s getting on a bit.

• JP...from The Rock

Nov 16, 2021 at 10:22 AM

His wage is through the roof apparently.

• geordietom

Nov 16, 2021 at 10:22 AM

Mund …cheers mate she said do you want cherries on top of the trifle ..

• geordietom

Nov 16, 2021 at 10:23 AM

Id have Ramsey on a pay as you place basis …

• JP...from The Rock

Nov 16, 2021 at 10:23 AM

I would much prefer we go for Lingard, James Ward Prowse and the like.

• Optimistic prime

Nov 16, 2021 at 10:24 AM

Loving all the passive aggressive posts from the liberals.

• Mund

Nov 16, 2021 at 10:24 AM

Not a cherry fan mate but strawberries will do nicely 😉

Maybe shouldn’t of put that I don’t like cherries might have the cherry brigade on my back now

• Mund

Nov 16, 2021 at 10:25 AM

OP

I respect all and there decisions as like I said it’s about personal choice but wow can you believe some of the posts 🙄

• Romford mag

Nov 16, 2021 at 10:26 AM

Will they be vaccinated cherry’s GT !?!
    😆

• geordietom

Nov 16, 2021 at 10:26 AM

Pay as you place wtf ……. PLAY*

• geordietom

Nov 16, 2021 at 10:28 AM

Rom …

😆 😆 😆

• Optimistic prime

Nov 16, 2021 at 10:28 AM

Mund

I’m too busy wonders whether I get a shower and my head shaved before or after I’m sent to the island.

• geordietom

Nov 16, 2021 at 10:29 AM

Mund …

nay strawberries mate there out of season …

• Fenham to Chalfont

Nov 16, 2021 at 10:37 AM

Morning all,

We are Being linked with so many players as you would imagine. It’s now gotten to a point where I take absolute zero notice. Once we get our new DoF in that’s when the work will start as he sits down with Eddie and goes over what and who they can target. I’m hoping Elenamo is announced this week. Then he can get to work with immediate effect and get the feelers out as to who they want in January as you would feel that the signings will be made the first week of January (what a difference to the last day of the window we have been accustomed too)…

Regarding Ramsey, he is an exceptional player, however he is not the type we need IMO so a big no from me. It will be so interesting who we do go after in January. Then even more so in the summer but It literally all hinges on how we do from now until the January window opens to which players we bring in and attract. Huge games every one of them. Eddie will have the players up for this that I have no doubt. I have a feeling we will see some players over exceed their recent performances which should see us comfortable.

Good to see Wor Flags getting involved again. Happy days

🙂

• Optimistic prime

Nov 16, 2021 at 10:40 AM

Shouldn’t sign this guy from Chelsea, everytime someone writes his name I think of this

• The overrated Frenchman

Nov 16, 2021 at 10:43 AM

Here’s a non passive post from a liberal Optimistic Prime. I’d love it, just love it if you got COVID and had to go through what I’ve seen my niece go through for the last twelve months you asshole

• Fenham to Chalfont

Nov 16, 2021 at 10:44 AM

JP…from The Rock
    Nov 16, 2021 at 10:23 AM

JP, I would say Ward-Prowse would be the perfect signing IMO. He would be perfect for us. You never know with WP being from the south coast like Eddie he may be attracted to come to us? Lingard, he is another who I would love at Newcastle. Lingard is probably the easier option out the two.

• Fenham to Chalfont

Nov 16, 2021 at 10:48 AM

The overrated Frenchman
    Nov 16, 2021 at 10:43 AM

Disgusting post!

Have a word with yourself. Hoping a fellow supporter gets ill???

• JP...from The Rock

Nov 16, 2021 at 10:49 AM

Fenham – can’t wait for January to see who we go for. But first really excited for Saturday and see how the boys do with Eddie leading them.

Many fans expect us to win against Brentford so he really has got a lot of pressure to perform from the get go. I think I will be glad to see us attack teams and give them no quarter for starters.

If we’ve got few points on the board by January I can see the consortium really splashing the cash to get us anyone we want to save us. Hopefully it doesn’t have to come to that and we get quality without going overpaying too much.

• Optimistic prime

Nov 16, 2021 at 10:50 AM

The over rated French man

What a charming chap you are.

Bet your niece is so proud of you!

I hope your family never have to suffer for your ignorance!

• Bills Son Is Back

Nov 16, 2021 at 10:51 AM

Didn’t read the Covid debate on here last night but if it so dangerous blah, blah, how come there haven’t been 10’s of 1000’s of deaths attributed to it and how come death rates for Covid have plummeted since vacs started?

Those who say it’s a personal choice and won’t have it want to be grateful to the millions who have taken it…

We have absolutely nowt to be grateful to the anti-vaxxers for.

• IrishRob

Nov 16, 2021 at 10:52 AM

Who was saying Lewis had Chiesa in his pocket? Im just after watching extended highlights of the match, They weren’t even playing on the same side of the pitch.

From what I seen apart from 2 OK passes at the top end he looked absolutely awful in defence, he was the same old Lewis as he is for us, in no man’s land 24/7 leaving huge gaps and often wasn’t even in position at all in some Italy attacks.

Am I missing something here?

• The overrated Frenchman

Nov 16, 2021 at 10:53 AM

Fenham, this may be a NUFC forum but when OP turns it political he’s fair game as far as I’m concerned.

• IrishRob

Nov 16, 2021 at 10:54 AM

Lesh getting Richard Donner mixed up with Yohan Kebab, that’s sounds like something Bruce would do.

• Mund

Nov 16, 2021 at 10:55 AM

Overrated

You are a disgrace

• Fenham to Chalfont

Nov 16, 2021 at 10:56 AM

JP

Yes mate i agree we are all expecting a win and the pressure will be on. However that’s where a good manager like Eddie will keep the lads focused on the job in hand and not get too carried away. Watch out for Joelinton, I’m expecting to see this guy the most transformed of the lot. We may see a 20-30m player if Eddie gets him believing in himself confidence is a huge factor and he is doing extra training to get himself there.

I’m hoping for a convincing win personally. The occasion will blow Brentford away along with they are out of sorts at present 😉

• IrishRob