web analytics

Who Did Our Readers Select As Newcastle’s Best Player Against Brentford?

During Eddie Howe’s press conference for Brentford, a journalist brought up Joelinton’s disappointing spell at Newcastle since joining as a record-signing in 2019. Howe immediately ticked off what he saw as the key attributes of the 25-year-old – technical player, very good feet, intelligence, and size.

Howe also expressed his belief Joelinton had a big future at the club as long as his potential could be unlocked. It appears that Howe was not just paying lip service as he handed Joelinton his first start since the defeat against Tottenham.

Joelinton ended up putting in the best performance of his Newcastle career. While it wasn’t quite enough for three points, he looked like a man reborn under this new coaching staff.

The Brazilian also struck the right tone after the match expressing his disappointment about not picking up our first win of the campaign. Joelinton was happy with his performance but also bemoaned not taking a very good chance late in the match.

The key for Joelinton is going to be to follow up this performance with another solid one at Arsenal next weekend. He should be in the starting eleven once again based on this performance.

Whether Eddie Howe can work with the lads before the match is another question. Though Jason Tindall and the rest of the staff will relay Howe’s message during preparation this week.

Tindall was asked about Joelinton’s performance on Saturday and said the following:

“First of all, I think Joelinton’s a fantastic player. Ever since we’ve been here, we’ve seen the quality that he’s got.

“The performance he delivered today was outstanding. His work ethic for the team was exactly what was asked.

“He got a fantastic goal, and hopefully, that’ll give Joe the confidence moving forward because he’s certainly going to be a big player for this football club and this team.”

The big Brazilian has captured our poll as Newcastle’s best player with his Man of the Match display. It wasn’t close as he took 68% of the vote with Allan Saint-Maximin coming in a distant second.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player In 3-3 Draw Against Brentford?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Wor B

Nov 22, 2021 at 8:10 PM

Eh?

• Wor B

Nov 22, 2021 at 8:12 PM

Is this some kind of witchcraft?

Let Wor B get First and mess with his head?

It’s working.

😳

• NY Mag

Nov 22, 2021 at 8:12 PM

Dungarees for the win 🙂

• Wor B

Nov 22, 2021 at 8:14 PM

I feel another letter to ofcom coming on.

• Wor B

Nov 22, 2021 at 8:18 PM

Peter

Before I forget, there’s a Euro Millions guy driving around Surry with a cheque for £30M looking for a house that doesn’t appear on SatNav. Put ya wellies on and have a walk down the drive.

😉

• Optimistic prime

Nov 22, 2021 at 8:18 PM

If any of the players who are below Darlow are looking at this poll they’ll be devastated.

• Wor B

Nov 22, 2021 at 8:25 PM

OP

It just means Darlow has 3 family members and 17 Mackems are computer-literate enough to vote.

• Optimistic prime

Nov 22, 2021 at 8:26 PM

Wor

😀

Nov 22, 2021 at 8:28 PM

The craic about the box tho lads is it will need to be paid for sharpish

That’s why I think it might be mission impossible. Will need all details, the 10 who will be going as I know more than 10 said they wanted to and like I said paid this week I think. My head is farting 😆

The box I’m going to had to be rearranged for Brighton so my head is all over the place. The boxes are all being fully booked up for every game and Villa have snapped up the one we were supposed to have. The hospitality manager offered Brighton, Palace and Leicester and told him he had first refusal on those games all others are a no go.

• Fenham to Chalfont

Nov 22, 2021 at 8:30 PM

Mund,

I’ve just called the number you provided and a woman answered asking if I would like a Thai or a Eastern Europe lady? I was a little taken a back by it tbh but anyway that’s me sorted for tonight cheers mate speak soon ? lol

Nov 22, 2021 at 8:31 PM

Fenham 😆 😆 😆

Just my missus saying she loves you long time she so horny 😉 😆

• NY Mag

Nov 22, 2021 at 8:31 PM

Mund,

How can I pay for it?
    Shall I call the NUFC hospitality team?

Let me know and I’ll do it

• Fenham to Chalfont

Nov 22, 2021 at 8:34 PM

Haha 😉

Nov 22, 2021 at 8:34 PM

NY

Will need the 10 confirmed and ready to go.

Just asked him he can pre book it and said no later than Saturday for payment.

Might be a long shot this tho bud

Sorry it’s all been shoved on you and others and such a small time frame to sort it as I know it’s not ideal and a bit of a nightmare

• NY Mag

Nov 22, 2021 at 8:36 PM

Mund,

No worries, you’ve gone above and beyond….I can’t thank you enough

Nov 22, 2021 at 8:37 PM

When we paid NY we forwarded it to the lad sorting it and he dealt with it all.

He provided ID verification and that through Twitter to show he wasn’t footing us over

Proper head fart

Nov 22, 2021 at 8:39 PM

NY

If I can sort it mate it’s my pleasure.

Might be able to go an extra few days wait on the payment but will need to pre book it by tomorrow afternoon. I’ll see what happens with interest and numbers before going further.

Nov 22, 2021 at 8:41 PM

Newcastle United FC
    @NUFC
    IT’S A HAT-TRICK FOR ELLIOT ANDERSON!!!

0-3

The lad is ready! Get him in the first team

Nov 22, 2021 at 8:42 PM

1-3 now

• Raj of Hailsley

Nov 22, 2021 at 8:44 PM

How come the hospitality team is dealing with Ritchie’s box?

• Nicky the ball tosser

Nov 22, 2021 at 8:45 PM

The Fat Man and the Cabbage really left the new owners a mess. It’s amazing that they even bought us at all. We’d be 100% going down and facing a very grim future indeed had they not. They are starting from such a low base, with relegation a very real possibility, far lower than McClaren and Rafa in terms of squad quality, that these first players they bring in are simply not going to be world beaters. We can get good players, of the calibre of Winks, Lingard, Henderson, Tarkowski etc, perhaps not specifically them, but of that level, because of the money, manager, project, wonderful stadium and support, but we’ll have to work hard to do it. They won’t be lining up to come, they’ll have to be convinced, because at first glance we are a bit of a tough sell, but it’s so important we are fully prepared and committed to getting them, and do.

Nov 22, 2021 at 8:46 PM

It’s not actually his it’s just an allocated one

Just found this out

Is what it is

• Raj of Hailsley

Nov 22, 2021 at 8:52 PM

The allocated one costs £4000 grand Mund plus £25 per head for the drinks package, there’s 100 corporate boxes and one they rent out.

Nov 22, 2021 at 8:52 PM

Sad news on one of our own and puts life into perspective

Toon For Change
    @ToonForChange
    Sam Johnson travelled home and away watching #NUFC and was at the game on Saturday

Sam was killed in an accident yesterday morning. Only 25 and best years ahead of him

RIP Sam, you’ll be a huge miss mate

Our thoughts are with Sam’s friends and family at this time

Nov 22, 2021 at 8:53 PM

Ok Raj, why you so interested?

It doesn’t involve you fella

Nov 22, 2021 at 8:54 PM

Newcastle United FC
    @NUFC
    21s
    Three goals
    Three points

Well played, lads!

#NUFC // #PL2

• Raj of Hailsley

Nov 22, 2021 at 8:54 PM

Please tell me you all haven’t paid some random guy £1500 quid for Matt Ritchie’s box when it’s not even his 😳

• Fenham to Chalfont

Nov 22, 2021 at 9:00 PM

Jail

I have paid a sum of money for 2 tickets and the lad provided solid proof of identity such as his driving licence etc. Looks pretty convincing to me otherwise I wouldn’t have paid the money mate.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Nov 22, 2021 at 9:01 PM

Four grand for a box, that seats what, ten maybe. Geez! My maths isn’t all that great, but I’m sure that works out at quite a hefty slug per person.

I was still jumping turnstiles in my 30’s, and only don’t nowadays because I’m worried about having a coronary, which I’d have for sure forking out that kind of dough. 🙁

• TheTinman

Nov 22, 2021 at 9:04 PM

Nick, if you put the offer in you could probably get Hendricks for £4k

• TheTinman

Nov 22, 2021 at 9:07 PM

Mund, awful to hear of somebody losing their life so young. Rip

Nov 22, 2021 at 9:09 PM

Tinman

Devastating news mate and like you say so young. Heartbreaking

• magicmac54

Nov 22, 2021 at 9:10 PM

Thats very sad and tragic news about that poor lad Sam Johnson, and i agree it really puts life into perspective RIP San Johnson.

• magicmac54

Nov 22, 2021 at 9:14 PM

Mund

Good evening mate, in reference to the box, i was actually planning on going next year, so do you have any idea if a box for 10 people from the blog will be available next year Mund?

• Raj of Hailsley

Nov 22, 2021 at 9:15 PM

TfC,
    As I said the one allocated corporate box rents out for £3600 + VAT for 12 people then it’s an extra £25 per head for the drinks package, not sure how the lad is getting it for £1500 unless it was someone’s personal box.

• TheTinman

Nov 22, 2021 at 9:16 PM

On the tickets just be careful, anybody can easily photoshop a picture of a driving license these days. Would hate to see anybody ripped off.

I’m sure it’s all under control

• Regan

Nov 22, 2021 at 9:17 PM

Magic my mate..

Do you play darts..

You don’t half look like Dennis priestley. .

Nov 22, 2021 at 9:17 PM

Need to know basis and you don’t need to know.

Nothing to do with you as you are not involved.

Very strange you have such an interest

Nov 22, 2021 at 9:18 PM

Tinman

It’s all good mate nothing to worry about,

Nov 22, 2021 at 9:19 PM

Magic

If you mean for next season then should be absolutely fine mate. Would give more chance and time to sort it