web analytics

How Will Newcastle Do At Arsenal On Saturday?

Newcastle are in the midst of preparations for the trip to Arsenal on Saturday. We’ve yet to get any indication of Eddie Howe’s status for the match. Though he is just four days removed from his positive Covid test so that is not surprising.

Howe will be funneling the plan to Jason Tindall and the rest of the coaching team from his hotel room. It’ll be intriguing to see how much the plan differs on the road at Arsenal from the 3-3 draw at home to Brentford.

Newcastle are coming off a thrilling display in the final third against the Bees. However, the calamitous defending has once resigned Newcastle to another deflating result. The point has Newcastle now bottom of the table without a win after 12 matches.

Arsenal saw an unbeaten run of 10 straight matches, including the Carabao Cup, come crashing to an end in a 4-0 defeat at Liverpool over the weekend. They’ll be determined to pick up three points to keep in touching distance of the Champions League places.

The cold hard truth is Newcastle need to pick up three points on Saturday. While a draw is a good result, Newcastle would be on just 7 points with a third of the campaign already over.

Howe should have close to a full squad available depending on how bad Fabian Schar’s knock is from Saturday. As of now, only Paul Dummett is unavailable for this weekend.

Similarly, the Gunners also are in very good shape with only Granit Xhaka and Sead Kolasinac out injured at the moment. So both clubs should have close to a full squad available for selection.

The fixtures will ramp up from now until the end of the year. Newcastle need wins desperately. While it will be a difficult task, three points has to be the aim on Saturday.

How Will Newcastle Do At Arsenal On Saturday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Wor B

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:05 AM

Martoon even

• The Bard of Bensham Bank

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:13 AM

Pssst. Wanna buy a ticket? Well Mund knows a man
    He reckons he’s kosher but could it all be a scam?
    He could be yet another dodgy online tout
    Who rakes in the cash whilst delivering nowt

An executive box ticket is what the guy offers
    If you’re prepared to drop 150 quid in his coffers
    He’s provided ID, though it just might be fake
    Is he really legit or is he just on the make?

But it’s a blog get-together and lots want to go
    There’s a queue to sign up and hand over their dough
    But before you transfer the required amount
    Are you sure you’re not funding Mund’s offshore account?!

😀

• Wor B

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:14 AM

Jail racing to Kirby Stephen, change of driver?

What’s the fastest car on the road?

A hire car.

🙂

• martoon

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:20 AM

Wor B@210 – don’t worry I answer to either name – I’ve even been called maroon (good old predictive text) 😀

• martoon

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:20 AM

* @201

• ToonDarnSarf

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:22 AM

Jail – I’m going to answer a question I just saw from yesterday. Don’t shoot the messenger, I’m just giving my opinion from a business perspective. As I’ve said many times, Ashley is a businessman, he had no business running our club the way he did and that makes him a bad owner. Nevertheless, some of his decisions made business sense.

So…your question was about Willock and why he didn’t buy anyone else.
    1 – the club stated that they would only spend the excess money that the club made, except for exceptional circumstances, thus there was limited money available without going into debt or Ashley spending his own money (fat chance)
    2 – Willock is of the right age to match Ashley’s model, in other words his value is more likely to appreciate than depreciate, thus increasing the overall value of his asset (the club)
    3 – I can only assume that the decision makers believed that our squad was definitely good enough to stay up OR they were very confident the takeover would happen this season.

So…essentially, I think it was a business decision. I reckon if there was an opportunity to sign a young, up and coming, defender whose value would appreciate, they’d have done that too. Signing an experienced 30 year old defender who could help marshal our defence and keep us away from the relegation zone? Was never gonna happen. That would have been a FOOTBALL decision. Ashley always made the BUSINESS decision.

• Nufc 4ever

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:25 AM

BSIB

How can miggy start before Fraser he was on the bench

• ToonDarnSarf

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:27 AM

I saw the posts about the box that Mund is arranging. I’m guessing he’ll either be a blog legend for setting this up or the blog pariah for it all going horribly wrong…

Sounds like a great occasion though!

• Nufc 4ever

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:28 AM

TDS

Ashley received 120 million from the premier league spent 23 million where did the rest go in his pocket

• ToonDarnSarf

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:30 AM

martoon – regarding Howe isolating, he couldn’t go to the training ground even if he didn’t have to walk through the hotel. He’s not allowed to leave his house as far as I know.

I saw an article that they were trying to get him available for the Arsenal game, I’d love it if it was possible but I think that’s a bad idea. They initially announced he would miss the game so if they now seemingly state that he had symptoms a few days earlier than the test, it looks like trying to bypass the rules.

Right thing to do would be to miss the game and presumable be back taking training a day or two later. I’m definitely expecting this to be the case.

• ToonDarnSarf

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:32 AM

Nufc 4ever – club running costs. But I’m not getting into this discussion and I’m not being anyone’s pseudo-Ashley whipping boy. You can jog on if you are going to start with that.

I explained the reasons based on actual facts and my understanding of the way Ashley does business. At no point did I say I agree with him.

• Mund

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:32 AM

TDS

Nowt wrong with the box I’m going to and the only reason there is doubt as the same sad sack who has been twisting your words for years does the same to mine.

Very strange man he is and now spends his days trying to get first because he knows it winds you up 🙄 what a life he leads

To be clear I’ve took no money off anyone and was only trying to help arrange a box for some bloggers who asked.

• ToonDarnSarf

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:35 AM

Mund – Does he know it winds me up? Because I mentioned it once? Whatever floats his boat really, I’ve definitely got more important things to care about than who gets first on a blog!

Box does really sound like a great idea. It’s a shame I’m so bloody far away or I’d get up there more often.

• geordietom

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:38 AM

Mund …

listen to this song mate

• Romford mag

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:38 AM

Ledge

If you’re reading ?

Good luck in our H2H match this coming week mate 🙂

• check the toastie

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:39 AM

So is it a proper exec box Mund? With windows an that? Pretend to be a highflyer an the like?

• Mund

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:39 AM

TDS

Apparently it’s your Kryptonite 🙄

Box is a great idea and I look forward to meeting Fenham and his missus come March. Would of loved to of got one sorted for a few off the blog but other than those two games I put up the other day it will be impossible to get it for the same price come next year. So sadly won’t be happening.

• Wor B

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:40 AM

Ledge

If you’re reading, he doesn’t mean it.

😆

• Mund

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:40 AM

Check

Nah mate it’s a cardboard box, big box, little box, cardboard box 😉

• Mund

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:43 AM

Dubs to play a behind the doors friendly today to work on match fitness and will start against Arsenal.

• cleveleysbob

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:43 AM

Darlows kick to ASM was good. Unfortunately getting one right per game isn’t good enough. There was a similar opportunity in the 2nd half that his attempt went out of play! The rest of his kicking was mostly awful non directional hoofs upfield.

We can make do with Dubs until Summer, but a top class keeper must be on the agenda for the consortium in Summer window.

• ToonDarnSarf

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:43 AM

I’ve been in a box once to watch a game while I lived in Newcastle for a few years. It’s a good experience but miss a little from the interactions and noise of the fans around you. I’d definitely go for it for £150 if I could though.

• Romford mag

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:44 AM

😳

😀

• ToonDarnSarf

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:45 AM

Mund – I’ve literally mentioned it once, except when I’ve responded with light hearted comments to others when they mentioned it to me. Yeah, I think it’s a little sad but I think lots of things are a little sad. It’s not exactly high on my list of global offences against humanity I have to say…

• Mund

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:47 AM

He lives in his own warped world anyways TDS

Water off a ducks back I’d of guessed anyways

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:49 AM

@TDSarf

I also believed they thought they had more than enough and to be honest I agree we shouldn’t be anywhere near being rock bottom of the table and Ashley’s statement after the window closed alluded to that

What no one in the club expected was the ineptitude or laziness of Bruce

We came into the season unfit and unprepared it was like he checked out when he realised he wasn’t getting anymore money to buy players

It probably didn’t help Jones didn’t come back till just as the season started especially if he was the one taking most of the training

A disaster really for me Ashley, Bruce and Charnley equally as culpable for the mess we are in thank goodness they are all gone

• Wor B

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:52 AM

Folk on here often do stuff just to annoy each other.

It really winds me up when people send cash to…

Wor B
    NE PO Box21

• Tyran21

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:53 AM

Mund

I’m not saying Darlow is not at fault. What I meant was the CMs and Wingbacks are at fault too. Defending is more team effort than attacking I feel.

• Mund

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:54 AM

Tyran

We agree mate

• Romford mag

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:59 AM

He really means that 😉

• Wor B

Nov 24, 2021 at 11:01 AM

Cheers Rom

Halfies

🙂

• ToonDarnSarf

Nov 24, 2021 at 11:02 AM

Lee Charnley Bunga Party – I thought what Bruce SHOULD have been good at was organising the defence and giving the freedom for the forward players to score some goals. But he couldn’t even do that! I didn’t expect free flowing football with Bruce but I DID expect him to be able to organise a defence.

Agree. Glad to see them all gone. Now just need to shake some of the lingering toxicity and move forward.

• Mister Tuff

Nov 24, 2021 at 11:19 AM

Wow – new lows taking the “p” out of somebodys health issues. And not for the first time.

Shows you the intense hatred of the politicos.

• lesh

Nov 24, 2021 at 11:59 AM

Tuff

If you’re referring to my post @34, can I suggest you re-read the comment addressed to you and think about it.

There is no p-take in there and certainly no hatred, as you suggest.

Many people have recovered from key events in their lives and realised that there is more to life than them.

• AnyToon in Indiana