web analytics

Local Journalist Reports Howe Still Has A Chance To Take Arsenal Match

Multiple journalists have confirmed that Jason Tindall will take Friday’s press conference for Arsenal. The briefing is scheduled for 9 in the morning.

Head coach Eddie Howe remains in self-isolation at his hotel room but has designed each of this week’s sessions according to The Mail’s Craig Hope. Howe has also watched videos of the sessions and relayed updates to his backroom team.

Jason Tindall and Graeme Jones are leading the sessions though it is Tindall who has become the primary figure in Howe’s absence. The 44-year-old was on the touchline against Brentford and filled in for the post-match press duties.

After the match, Tindall revealed that Howe had a significant impact during the game. The Chronicle has published the following from the assistant head coach:

“During the game, there was a direct link between him and Stephen Purches and he had a live feed so we could communicate with him.

“At 3-2 down we had a decision to make and in dialogue with Ed, those subs we made were jointly done.

“But Ed has to take a lot of credit for that, he’s the manager and he makes the final call. Bringing on Ryan Fraser certainly made the difference for us and he played his part in the third goal for Maxi.”

There is still a remote chance Howe could make the trip to Arsenal. If he tests negative on Friday, that would clear him to take the match according to Hope’s report as the symptoms have been traced back to 10 days before his positive test.

Though if he still tests positive, he’ll have to remain in isolation over the weekend but would be back in time for the all-important Norwich match on Tuesday evening.

How Will Newcastle Do At Arsenal On Saturday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Peter

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:00 PM

• Peter

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:00 PM

I refuse to be #1

• Peter

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:01 PM

That pug at #1 doesn’t even look like me, obvious fake

• Optimistic prime

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:04 PM

Jail

Are you desperate for us to be relegated?

All you’ve gone on about for days is players not signing for us in Champions.

You wanting a cheap away trip to Blackpool?

Don’t say because it’s a possibility, there’s a possibility we’ll stay up too but you don’t seem to see it that way.

All your talk is as if its inevitable!

• Peter

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:05 PM

If Dunderland could get promoted, it would be even cheaper!

• Optimistic prime

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:05 PM

The eight games coming up aren’t tough either.

They’re a average quarter of any PL season.

• Optimistic prime

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:06 PM

Ish

• Peter

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:06 PM

True

• Peter

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:06 PM

It is a “saying” but no easy games

• Raj of Hailsley

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:09 PM

Op,
    Not inevitable at all, we have to accept it might happen though. Personally, if Eddie H is going to deliver Saudi funded attacking mindless football away to Barnsley on a Tuesday night then I don’t mind it whatsoever 😀

• Mund

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:09 PM

JP

I think we will see Anderson make big steps to the first team this season and I’m exited to see how he progresses. Got high hopes for the lad.

• Peter

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:12 PM

Goodnight all, I have received an offer that I am not refusing

• Jp Mayor

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:13 PM

Sounds stupid in our precarious situation but do you think Howe will stick with darlow to build his confidence up? Coach and train him to reach his potential to possibly make the England World Cup squad? … no just get dubs back in. Darlow makes me more nervous than my 4 year old hyped on sugar with her mam’s make up on next to my new curtains

• Mund

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:13 PM

Enjoy doing the dishes Peter 😉

• Mund

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:15 PM

No JP Dubs back in ASAP

• cleveleysbob

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:15 PM

Dubs looked good in those videos. Just saying.

• Jp Mayor

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:15 PM

Mund agree would love to see a youth properly introduced to the first team. High expectations but more optimistic under this management. It’s a poor league to judge him against but keeping around the first team can’t hurt

• Mund

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:17 PM

JP

He is defiantly getting himself noticed mate and doing all the right things.

Hopefully be a big player for us in the near future.

• Jp Mayor

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:18 PM

Dubs did look good in vids. As did manquilo. Miggy never seemed to be onside. Wilson can finish top bins. Big joe is not shy, That’s what I saw.

• Mund

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:18 PM

Definitely*

• Jp Mayor

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:21 PM

Mund I preferred defiantly. More in theme with our upbringing and ethos

• Raj of Hailsley

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:23 PM

Op,
    What has got in to you, is there a new discovery of mushrooms on Gosforth Park 😀 how can you say it’s a fair example? Some teams have one after another. One difficult fixture, Norwich had the worst run ever and now have a canny run, we had a footin relatively easy one and are just about to pay the price for that in three games time. The law of averages says one good one bad. There is nothing footin good about a run of bad and especially if you don’t win the odd good one.

• lochinvar

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:24 PM

Independent Regulators for English football
    First job is to expose the cartel, the role of the EPL, Richard Masters, Bein Sports, and relegate Man U for their role in tawdry events of late. Check out Beckham and Qatar.

The review also proposes new owners’ and directors’ tests and that these are carried out by IREF instead of the Premier League, English Football League (EFL) and the Football Association (FA).

Tracy Crouch said she is “absolutely confident” that such measures would stop any revival of the failed European Super League or a similar breakaway competition and would prevent a club going bust in the manner Bury FC did in 2019.

• Mund

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:26 PM

JP

Aye it does sound better and thought that myself 🙂

I think we will see him a fair bit before January comes round, let’s hope he takes his chance.

• Jp Mayor

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:27 PM

Lochinvar sounds great but don’t think they would have any power on Beckham’s involvement? That’s a commercial agreement with no interests con the Uk? Unless I’m mistaken? How far is the teach here?

• lochinvar

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:28 PM

If Dubs hadn’t been injured I doubt the results under Bruce wouldn’t have been so bad and we would have saved a lot of hot air talking about it. He’s the number 1 keeper, play him. Darlow and Woodward are now fringe players.

How Gayle like Bruce got the contracts they did of Ashley defies description.

• Jp Mayor

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:30 PM

Mund yeah I think we will. He’s an unknown quantity and if he can move the ball quickly and accurately with a bit of movement and pick his moments could be a wild card. At least an option that we don’t have at present from what I’ve seen so far. If he can get the basics right he may be an improvement

• Moonraker15

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:32 PM

Darlow has cost us at least 6 goals and probably 6 points!
    Dubs must return on Saturday!

• carltoon

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:32 PM

Loch, I hope this review doesn’t try to curtail our spending, unfairly, seen the top six, have just been able to spend as much as they want, hoovering up all the talent, moaning them out, and getting them back the finished product.

• carltoon

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:33 PM

Loaning them out,

• Mund

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:33 PM

JP

What we do know mate is from now on we will have the right platform for our youngsters to progress and come into there own and fulfil there potential.

Down the line we will have plenty of youngsters making there grade in the first team.

• Mund

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:36 PM

Bob

Have you started Hawkeye yet?

• cleveleysbob

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:42 PM

Whichever way you look at it, we are at least 5 years away from getting in amongst the top 3.

But we’ve got till 2030. 🙂

Without the scum PL stopping our takeover last year, I think all our targets were reachable.

The team will have had 15 x months less of “ticking over” SB training, and we’d already have had 2 x summer and 1 x winter windows behind us. I think we’d be comfortable top 7 already.

Those bastards at the PL along with MA/SB caring bugger all has stuffed us, I hope they all get what they deserve. 😀

• Jp Mayor

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:43 PM

Moonraker I don’t doubt that and the last game was blatant that we missed dubs. But the amount of VAR goals against us. Last minute tackle in injury time by lacelles vs Southampton, open goal missed by longstaff vs watford. The whole team is to blame.

• Scythe

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:43 PM

No spoilers on Hawkeye please! I’m watching them later tonight 🙂

• cleveleysbob

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:46 PM

Not yet mate, it’s on my list.

Appletv+ have just dumped the entire Foundation series today so I’ve bought a firestick to get over my so called “smart” tv problems. Arrived today also, so getting sorted in the morning and I’m off and running. Also watching Wheel of Time on Prime and Hanna series 3 just landed today on Prime. Gonna have square eyes 😆

• cleveleysbob

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:53 PM

Jp, all those things you mention were symptomatic of the lazy training they were getting at the time.

I think a lot of those “lazy errors” will stop now. Having watched some of the training and routines, I’m fairly confident we’ll hump Norwich and Burnley, and I’ve said for sometime I fancy a draw at weekend (as always would love a win). 7 points next 3.

Apart from City and Liverpool, there are points to be had from the rest of pre Xmas games and I expect to win at least one of them.

We may not be out of bottom 3, but I think we’ll look a lot more secure than now. 🙂

• Mund

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:54 PM

Good shout on Hanna, Bob 🙂 didn’t realise that dropped today

I want to watch that Wheel of Time also.

Going from having nowt to watch, to then to much to watch 😆 suppose I can’t complain

• cleveleysbob

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:54 PM

American Rust looks decent on Sky Atlantic starting with all episodes available from Sunday.

• Mund

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:55 PM

Scythe

I wouldn’t dare 🙂

Been good tho but aren’t all Marvel! They can’t go wrong in my eyes and have nailed the formula from movies to TV

1 2 3 5