web analytics

Local Journalist Reports Howe Still Has A Chance To Take Arsenal Match

Multiple journalists have confirmed that Jason Tindall will take Friday’s press conference for Arsenal. The briefing is scheduled for 9 in the morning.

Head coach Eddie Howe remains in self-isolation at his hotel room but has designed each of this week’s sessions according to The Mail’s Craig Hope. Howe has also watched videos of the sessions and relayed updates to his backroom team.

Jason Tindall and Graeme Jones are leading the sessions though it is Tindall who has become the primary figure in Howe’s absence. The 44-year-old was on the touchline against Brentford and filled in for the post-match press duties.

After the match, Tindall revealed that Howe had a significant impact during the game. The Chronicle has published the following from the assistant head coach:

“During the game, there was a direct link between him and Stephen Purches and he had a live feed so we could communicate with him.

“At 3-2 down we had a decision to make and in dialogue with Ed, those subs we made were jointly done.

“But Ed has to take a lot of credit for that, he’s the manager and he makes the final call. Bringing on Ryan Fraser certainly made the difference for us and he played his part in the third goal for Maxi.”

There is still a remote chance Howe could make the trip to Arsenal. If he tests negative on Friday, that would clear him to take the match according to Hope’s report as the symptoms have been traced back to 10 days before his positive test.

Though if he still tests positive, he’ll have to remain in isolation over the weekend but would be back in time for the all-important Norwich match on Tuesday evening.

How Will Newcastle Do At Arsenal On Saturday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Jessie

Nov 24, 2021 at 11:51 PM

Has anyone else seen “Squid Game” on Netflix? It’s Korean with English dubbed over. It’s a little gruesome, but I thought it was a very interesting story and great acting. I binged-watched it over 2 nights (9 episodes total, I think). The ending left it open for another season/series.

• Romford mag

Nov 24, 2021 at 11:53 PM

Jessie

Not seen it myself , but alot of people are raving about it 🙂

• Mund

Nov 24, 2021 at 11:59 PM

Jessie

Love it!

If you liked that then I think you will also like Alice in Borderlands. Many prefer that over Squid Games.

• beermonkey

Nov 25, 2021 at 12:11 AM

Carnival row is a good watch I am hoping there is another series

Jessie

Squid game is it ok for kids
    I have some friends say yes others no my boy wants to see it he is 9 knows more about than me but I won’t let him see it till I have seen it
    That’s my plan

I know there are a few oak island fans
    I am just catching up it’s nice to see laird has a new toon cap the old one was looking a bit rough

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 25, 2021 at 12:32 AM

Jessie

The missus and I both watched it, don’t see how a follow up will work but if it’s as good as the 1st series we’ll be definitely be watching it.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 25, 2021 at 12:35 AM

beermonkey

we watched the first couple of series of Oak Island but was going nowhere and got fed up with it.

Try The Skinwalker Ranch series that is a bit less aimless!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 25, 2021 at 12:37 AM

Romford

Try Cowboy BeBop, it grows on you.

• beermonkey

Nov 25, 2021 at 12:48 AM

Essex

Have a look at oak island you could catch it up easy
    The money spent and the what they have done
    To find answers the last series and the new one
    I think the cabbage farmer found most of the treasure
    But it’s worth going back a series or 2 just to see what that have done

I saw the first series of skin Walker is there another

• Scythe

Nov 25, 2021 at 1:01 AM

beermonkey

I’d say Squid Game was probably not suitable for a 9 year old, but then again, it depends of what your son can handle.

Watch the first episode and you’ll get an idea of how extreme it is.

• Scythe

Nov 25, 2021 at 1:03 AM

For people who enjoyed Squid Game, there’s another South Korean show on Netflix called Hellbound. Some of you may like that one too 🙂

• LGFUAD21

Nov 25, 2021 at 1:07 AM

Ya Gini is a no from me.

Past his prime and he couldn’t hack the last relegation fight.

I also question the motives of any player that would pick psg over Barcelona.

I don’t blame him for leaving and I think what he achieved at Liverpool vilifies his decision. But I kinda think PSG is just a place for money grabbers. I’m glad mbappe wants to move on and hope he does. He should be playing in a top league.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 25, 2021 at 1:22 AM

beermonkey

I did watch at least two series of Oak Island and I really don’t get the point of it, it seems to me that they must have dug up most of the Island and the only treasure they’ll ever find is in selling the series itself.

The second series of Skinwalker has just finished and I’m looking forward to the next one, some of the stuff they are finding is real Area 51ish.

• Wor B

Nov 25, 2021 at 1:24 AM

Jp Mayor

A welcome recent addition, 5 bonus points to you.

Managed to pick this out amongst tonight’s varied offerings…

“Darlow makes me more nervous than my 4 year old hyped on sugar with her mam’s make up on next to my new curtains”.

Well done sir.

🙂

• Wor B

Nov 25, 2021 at 1:28 AM

PS

Pay the extra for Scotchgard, you know it makes sense.

😉

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 25, 2021 at 1:29 AM

beermonkey

Incidentally re. Oak Island it’s worth checking out a book by the Reverend Lionel Fanthorpe that he wrote about it.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 25, 2021 at 1:30 AM

Bedtime, G’night all!

• Wor B

Nov 25, 2021 at 1:35 AM

Night Bill

Me also (Me too sounds like I have something to reveal)

Take care folks.

• Scythe

Nov 25, 2021 at 4:53 AM

lesh

Not sure if you’re about, but to reply to your Hitchhikers question from last night, yes, I’ve heard the radio version too. I recorded it off the radio onto some cassettes back when you were able to do such things. I’ll still have them somewhere back in England.

I know Adams wanted each version to be slightly different, so there are changes between the radio, tv and computer game story elements (at least all of the 80’s versions).

• Scythe

Nov 25, 2021 at 4:53 AM

And the book, obviously!

• Scythe

Nov 25, 2021 at 4:55 AM

• DubaiMicky

Nov 25, 2021 at 5:19 AM

Ha ha Scythe, I just saw that too, was waiting for it to happen. It would make sense to all parties though, let’s face it he’s only 22, we can get him his Champion’s League medals by the time he’s 27 latest, with that intent maybe a lot sooner.

We’ll be bidding for him in the summer too, so no worries about relegation then, it does however show that we need to show real intent in the January window to ensure we climb to 10th or higher though.

“Paris St-Germain and France forward Kylian Mbappe, 22, is tipped to leave when his contract expires in the summer, with Newcastle United among the clubs who could make a move for the World Cup winner. (Express)”

• Zhongguo Geordie

Nov 25, 2021 at 5:34 AM

We’d have to offer Mbappe a million a week, and if he was prepared to come to us you’d have to question his attitude as he should be chasing medals.

• Zhongguo Geordie

Nov 25, 2021 at 5:43 AM

Tarkowski would be great but Burnley will probably decide it’s best to keep him, although we could offer 25m. Nat Phillips would be the most likely signing and one I’d be happy with. Trippier would be a huge upgrade so again would be just what we need. Kamara would give us bite in midfield, and John Swift would fit into Howe’s philosophy. None of these guys would cost too much and would leave money for one big name if that’s what they want. If we were going big, I’d like to see Bowen, Toney, Benrahama.

• lesh

Nov 25, 2021 at 5:49 AM

Scythe

I didn’t know that Douglas Adams insisted on variations between the radio and TV versions of the Guide but some were obvious but didn’t detract too far off the book.

However, the film version, whilst enjoyable, just didn’t have the impact of the TV series, which I enjoyed because it gave us images of the characters for the first time. But apart from the book, the radio series was the one for me – it allowed one’s imagination the freedom to see whatever was conjured up by the dialogue and descriptions.

The first time I read the book, I was convinced that the earth existed up Adams’ nose and destroyed when it was expelled from it by a coke-induced sneeze.

So much for the imagination – his creativity and mine!

• lesh

Nov 25, 2021 at 5:51 AM

Take care all.

• Zhongguo Geordie

Nov 25, 2021 at 5:56 AM

Tuesday was blog book club, Wednesday was blog TV club, what’s up for today?

• DubaiMicky

Nov 25, 2021 at 5:58 AM

Oh look, Trippier too!

What a team we’re about to have, can Eddie manage these superstars I wonder?

Newcastle are set to rival Manchester United for the signature of Atletico Madrid’s England defender Kieran Trippier, 31. (Sun)

• Zhongguo Geordie

Nov 25, 2021 at 6:02 AM

If Man U are in for him we’ll have to double his wages and he’d probably still say no

• Optimistic prime

Nov 25, 2021 at 6:04 AM

If you’re looking for something to watch try Dopesick!

You could read the book but there’s a 8 episode show

After that try reading a few of the articles in the British medical journal from the last month or so!

• Optimistic prime

Nov 25, 2021 at 6:29 AM

Jail

What’s it got to do with me?

Didn’t you say “it’s a public forum” to Mund yesterday?

Post what you like, I’m happy to skip them, negative and argumentative day after day.

• The overrated Frenchman

Nov 25, 2021 at 6:39 AM

LGUAFG21#91. I agree with what you say about Gini, although I think you may have intended to say ‘vindicate” rather than “vilify”. Apart from a handful of games he was mostly anonymous in the season he was with us, although admittedly he played under two extremely mediocre managers in McClaren and Benitez. He coasted along with the bindippers because he had good players around him.

• Zhongguo Geordie

Nov 25, 2021 at 7:22 AM

It has to be mentioned McLaren played him as a number ten. He went on to be world class as a DM. Similar to Sissoko who we played as a winger.

• Toonarmy of Frogs

Nov 25, 2021 at 7:37 AM

25 minutes at half time is probably an American audience consideration…

They’ve just paid £2 billion for TV rights. And may insist on changes to increase ad times.

Can’t really give a valid reason for a longer break.

• Zhongguo Geordie

Nov 25, 2021 at 7:40 AM

I can’t believe anyone actually watches ads. Half time, I switch the game off and either come on here or listen to a few songs.

• Raj of Hailsley

Nov 25, 2021 at 7:40 AM

Op,
    What’s what got to do with you?

• ShaytoStay

Nov 25, 2021 at 7:44 AM

Jesse yes squid game is excellent, a copy of battle royal but different. Just like Mund said Alice in borderland is excellent too, similar as well and came out before squid game.
    Watched both subtitled as the dubbing is a bit naff.

• DubaiMicky

Nov 25, 2021 at 7:46 AM

What do people think about the so called fan led review by Ms. Crouch?

I think a 10% levy on purchases from abroad will be a good thing down the pyramid.

• Mund

Nov 25, 2021 at 7:50 AM

Shay

Battle Royale was brilliant and to think what’s come from that with what we have today with mainly games is mental. The Battle Royale system that near enough every multiplayer game uses now. Was only thinking the other day that I haven’t seen it in a while and might watch 1 and 2 again.

• Tyran21

Nov 25, 2021 at 7:51 AM

The overrated Frenchman

I thought Gini Wijnaldum played rather well under Rafa? That’s why Liverpool got him? I might be wrong.