web analytics

Report – Newcastle Want Gini Wijnaldum In January

There’s news in an exclusive from TEAMtalk today that Newcastle want to sign former central midfielder Gini Wijnaldum in January.

Gini left Newcastle for Liverpool in 2016 after only one season at the club, after Newcastle were relegated.

We signed Gini for £14.5M from PSV in the summer of 2015 and sold him to the Reds for £25M, one year later.

It was another financial deal the former couldn’t turn down, but also Gini didn’t want to play in England’s second division, even with Rafa Benitez as coach.

Wijnaldum had 5 good years at Liverpool, winning both the Premier League and the Champions League.

The versatile midfielder is struggling for first-team action at his new club PSV, and maybe we could get him in on loan in January with an option to buy in the summer.

Gini has just turned 31, but he could still be an excellent player for us for two to three years.

The 85 times capped Netherlands International (26 goals) is not happy at PSG and had this to say to Portuguese outlet NOS recently:

“I’m not completely happy,” “The situation is not what I wanted.

“I have played a lot in recent years. This is something different and that takes getting used to.”

“I was really looking forward to the new step and then this happens. It is very difficult.”

In his only season at Newcastle, he played for us 40 times with 11 goals, and while at Liverpool, he played 237 times with 22 goals.

Gini is a class player, there’s no doubt about that,  and he may welcome the chance to return to Tyneside to finish off his outstanding career at the world’s richest club.

He has real class and would undoubtedly be a good addition to our squad, and could make an immediate impact in January.

He is also versatile, but the big problem will be to try to convince PSG to part with him in January.

The better bet would be to sign him permanently next summer.

He would be an excellent signing in the summer too.

What do you think?

How Will Newcastle Do At Arsenal On Saturday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Mund

Nov 24, 2021 at 12:55 PM

NUFC Policing Team
    @NPNUFC
    Early heads up for all those trying to squeeze a quick couple of Beer mugBeer mug’s in before the Arsenal game on Saturday, the Drayton Park Pub previously used by away fans is currently closed for refurbishment There is no dedicated ‘away’ bar in Islington.
    @NUFC

@nufctrust

@NUFCSpares

• TTB@W ARMY

Nov 24, 2021 at 1:03 PM

Barkel I would offer Gayle and cash for Kiefer Moore.
    Clarke, Hendrick and cash for Billing.

• Peter

Nov 24, 2021 at 1:06 PM

Mund, there is no designated half decent bar in Islington

• Peter

Nov 24, 2021 at 1:07 PM

or maybe I just miss the sawdust on the floor of the Haymarket

• Just a fan

Nov 24, 2021 at 1:08 PM

Sorry but have to comment on wijnaldum.
    I know a lot of people will disagree with me but just don’t rate him at all.

• Raj of Hailsley

Nov 24, 2021 at 1:08 PM

Mund,
    Eh, you said the other night it’s not Ritchie’s box, “you’ve just found out, it’s a club allocated one, it is what it is” you said.
    What is it then, Ritchie’s or the clubs. Of course Ritchie doesn’t “own it”. People/companies hire them for the season. There are 100 in total and one that didn’t sell which rents out subject to availability to anyone with £4K. As for interfering, you seemed happy to interfer with my hopes of organising a box for my birthday calling a me Jackanory and pull up posts of me promising magicmac54 a seat if I got one, you were on my case so much martoon came on and put the record straight, now you’re calling me sad because I don’t want to see anyone ripped off. You were asking people to pay up sharpish for this box you’ve got arranged and I don’t think it sounds quite right and commented on that fact. Not sure what’s sad about that!!

• TTB@W ARMY

Nov 24, 2021 at 1:08 PM

Sparky I could see Jose Mourinho doing it, as bad as the Clown for throwing players under the bus.

• IrishRob

Nov 24, 2021 at 1:09 PM

I’m not so sure he’s even close to the same player he once was, you’d imagine if he was then Liverpool wouldn’t have sold him and PSG would be playing him more. He also looks very slow nowadays.

• Peter

Nov 24, 2021 at 1:09 PM

TTB@W ARMY

Any team who wants to be promoted should buy Gayle. He is the same as Mitro. A goal scoring machine …in the Championship

• IrishRob

Nov 24, 2021 at 1:10 PM

Is anyone else worried that all these players we seem to be interested in or associated with for(whatever reason) all seem to be players who are almost never playing or get very little game time. I mean surely those type of players won’t be 100% fit and more importantly won’t be anywhere near match sharp.

I worry we could buy a lot of players in that bracket and they end up taking a month or 2 just to come up to speed.

• Peter

Nov 24, 2021 at 1:11 PM

Irish, agreeing with most of what you said… would do a short term job for us

• cleveleysbob

Nov 24, 2021 at 1:14 PM

The current PL “pecking order” is as follows:

Group 1 ManC Chelsea Liverpool.

Group 2 West Ham, Leicester, Arsenal, Spurs, Man U, Wolves.

Group 3 the rest, including us.

Target this season, to end up above 3 of the rest.
    Target next season to get into Group 2 hopefully above a few of the list.
    Target following season to be top of Group 2.

Based on where we are and how many years behind Group 1, it will take 5 years to be in a position where we can hope to break into the current top 3. Relegation would see this become 7 years in all probability. I’m sure owners want us winning CL by 2030. This I suppose is feasible if all goes well. Going to be fun though. Enjoy the ride. 🙂

• Mund

Nov 24, 2021 at 1:18 PM

Twisting bitch that’s all you are fella

I said it’s Ritchies allocated box he doesn’t own it.

I say one thing you twist it into another

That’s exactly why you perked up and said something because I gave you a bit of ribbing that nobody wanted to go to your box

Seems plenty to wanted to be part of the one I could of sorted.

I said if they wanted it they would have to pay up sharpish, I didn’t ask for any money off nobody and I said twice during that time it looks like a mission impossible as it could never of been done it such a short time.

He asked me again today about it and I reiterated that I won’t go ahead with it.

I put the magic message up as you said you didn’t invite anyone which was BS

You just couldn’t fill it and you wonder why?

Stay out of my business for two reasons, one it has nothing to do with you and two you think you know what you are talking about but you haven’t the foggiest.

This was all to throw shade on me and all I was trying to do was help a few out with such a cheap price.

To be clear again it is Ritchie’s allocated box from the club. If he gets sold he doesn’t get to keep it, you understand?

• Regan

Nov 24, 2021 at 1:23 PM

Was looking forward to sitting next to betty n all..

😛

• Mund

Nov 24, 2021 at 1:24 PM

I feel sorry for his missus and no doubt why he works away

What a weird bloke

• Regan

Nov 24, 2021 at 1:25 PM

Nah…..betty is a good lad ..

😀

• Mund

Nov 24, 2021 at 1:26 PM

Regan 😆

• ToonDarnSarf

Nov 24, 2021 at 1:32 PM

Anyone who doesn’t rate Gini…well you’re certainly entitled to your opinion but his stats are there for all to see and he was bought for big money deals by Liverpool and PSG so I’m going to say those 3 pieces of evidence are enough to convince me.

How he would fit into the squad and how motivated he would be to play to his best form is a different matter though…

• Mund

Nov 24, 2021 at 1:34 PM

Wor Flags Waving black flag?
    @worflags
    17m
    Don’t know what to get your missus for Christmas?

Why not a Wor Flags 2022 calendar of our favourite displays in A4 or A3!

All proceeds go to
    @nufcfoodbank

*This tweet is not relationship advice*

• ToonDarnSarf

Nov 24, 2021 at 1:34 PM

Howe has made recent comments to back up what I’ve been saying about all the players being linked, especially the bids apparently being submitted are total rubbish. The club is just finding out who is available and a broad idea of what they would cost, so when Eddie has fully assessed the squad and has his wish list of what players he wants, then they can analyse the list they have and decide who to approach.

My attitude is to block and ignore any of these websites or journos who keep churning out rubbish for hits and clicks. I’m more interested in the opinion of a genuine fan about who we SHOULD sign than a lie from a hack about us submitting an offer for a player when it’s a total lie.

• Raj of Hailsley

Nov 24, 2021 at 1:35 PM

Oh,
    So the one box that the club rent out Ritchie has first refusal and none of the other players, so even when you pay up and book a game eg Villa, if someone else wants it, it must be rearranged, what happens if Brighton want the next one??

• Regan

Nov 24, 2021 at 1:35 PM

TDS..

I’d take gini back all day long..

No hesitation here..

Hope your well mate..

• Mund

Nov 24, 2021 at 1:37 PM

Why on Earth do you think I owe you an explanation?

You are a sad sack of a lad

• Raj of Hailsley

Nov 24, 2021 at 1:37 PM

So the rare chance multi millionaire Matt Ritchie gets to enjoy “his” box for his friends and family he sells it for £1500 to a bunch of randoms on twitter. Mmmmm!!!

• Mund

Nov 24, 2021 at 1:38 PM

😆 what a pathetic individual you are

Heard a rumour you were once a mackem and you changed suit during the KK days

Makes total sense to me now

• Romford mag

Nov 24, 2021 at 1:40 PM

FFS !!

Can you two get a room !

Or a box 😆

• ToonDarnSarf

Nov 24, 2021 at 1:40 PM

Regan – very well thanks. Hope you’re good too. Just had my booster jab this lunchtime as I do volunteering work for a charity helping people who are post diagnosis for something terminal or potentially terminal. So, need to be jabbed to be able to see them. Hoping I don’t get any side effects from this one!

Gini is a definite starter for me. He’s a very good player and you’ve got to imagine there will be clubs competing in European competitions who would want him so we’d definitely have to offer him something a little different to get him.

• Raj of Hailsley

Nov 24, 2021 at 1:41 PM

You got me there Mund. Where did you hear that though, the same place you heard………………….!!!

• Mund

Nov 24, 2021 at 1:41 PM

Rom 😆

You couldn’t pay me £1500 to be in a box with that weird grown man

• Mund

Nov 24, 2021 at 1:42 PM

The real issue is me not anything else

Very very strange from a man of half a century of age

You act like an entitled spoon fed Pratt

• Adamn_92

Nov 24, 2021 at 1:43 PM

Lost track of how many episodes there’s been of the Jail and Mund show now. Must be challenging Eastenders for longest running soap.

• ToonDarnSarf

Nov 24, 2021 at 1:44 PM

Anyone want to put into a pool to rent a boxing ring and see these two go at it for a few rounds? I’ll have a word with Matt Ritchie so the winner gets a spot in his box for an upcoming game…

• Regan

Nov 24, 2021 at 1:45 PM

TDS..
    Mega respect for the voluntary work you do..well done mate..

On gini..I think the cog would fit the wheel..
    Not sure on his current salary..but its not like we’re skint now..
    😀

• Mund

Nov 24, 2021 at 1:46 PM

TDS

Get on it mate!

• lesh

Nov 24, 2021 at 1:48 PM

Hypothetically, if a the box or whatever is allocated to a player, by the Club as part of his contract/ wage package, then presumably it’d be subject to income tax as ‘in kind’ earnings.

Could it be that if a player sells the use of that box or whatever for money, then HMRC are going to take an interest in that income too?

Is said player going to be happy with that being picked up by the tax people?

Any tax experts out there?

• SholaShow

Nov 24, 2021 at 1:49 PM

No thanks to Wijnaldum.

In:

Ginter for CB – 6 months left on his contract. Just a matter of our league position come January. If we’re at least on parity with 17th, having closed the gap, momentum will be with us and I don’t think players will be too afraid about arriving.

Tagliafico or Rico Henry for LB/LWB – 18 months left on their contracts. Former on loan initially. Henry I think would come permanently regardless.

Kondogbia for CM – initial loan

For ST we just need an improvement on Gayle at this stage – get Henrik Larsson’s son, Jordan. 24yo playing in Russia with Spartak Moscow. A good goals record, again 18 months left on his contract.

That’s my shopping list.

• TTB@W ARMY

Nov 24, 2021 at 1:49 PM

TD SARF PSG signed Gini on a free transfer, the only big money in that deal goes in Gini’s back pocket.

• ToonDarnSarf

Nov 24, 2021 at 1:49 PM

Regan – Gotta be done. I started during the lockdown, when we were offering telephone support to people who were really struggling because of it. I had 2 clients during that period, one who has a serious life-limiting illness and another elderly client whose wife has dementia. Both of them had pretty difficult lives before lockdown but then lockdown made their lives properly shitty as they had to isolate. I had/have the time so it’s good to give back. I might need it myself one day…

Gini is on a high salary because he went on a free transfer to PSG. I’m not going to worry about the money side of things as it’s down to the club to think about budgets, FFP, upsetting other players etc. and it’s down to Gini and PSG to decide if they want to make it happen. But from a purely playing perspective, he’s absolutely the kind of player I’d have in the team.

• TTB@W ARMY

Nov 24, 2021 at 1:52 PM

I only remember him having 3 decent games for us
    Norwich home
    Liverpool home
    Tottenham home.

• Raj of Hailsley

Nov 24, 2021 at 1:52 PM

Unless PSG terminate his contract then he’s got no way out, if PSG done that I’m sure Lpool would be interested.