web analytics

Tindall Provides Positive Injury Update Ahead Of Arsenal

The news this morning is that Eddie Howe has tested negative for Covid and has been cleared for the Arsenal trip tomorrow. The 43-year-old had been self-isolating since last Friday.

Assistant head coach Jason Tindall took this morning’s press briefing. Tindall spoke a little about how this week has gone without Howe at the training ground.

Here is some of what Tindall had to say per Newcastle’s Twitter account:

“You want your manager here with you. We’ve missed him as a group of staff and I’m sure the players have missed seeing him at the training ground.

“We’re certainly looking forward to having him back.

“Eddie has seen training back every day. We film it and that will then be sent to him in the afternoon to review it back, as will we as coaches.

“Then we will feed back what’s necessary to the players the following day.”

Everyone has had to adapt to this unfortunate situation. Thankfully, Howe is now Covid-free after enduring a rough patch earlier in the week. However, he was still able to implement this week’s sessions.

Newcastle released a video of Wednesday’s training. We saw almost a full squad involved in the session. Fabian Schar has not had any lingering effects from the knock he suffered at Brentford.

Paul Dummett continues his road to recovery from his calf injury. The defender has missed this entire season and is still not back in full training.

Tindall also revealed that Dwight Gayle has a slight hamstring problem and will be assessed today. Gayle is the only fresh injury concern heading into tomorrow’s match.

Here is Tindall’s team news:

“Dwight Gayle was feeling his hamstring slightly so that’s one that will be assessed today.

“Other than that there’s been no new injury concerns for us with a training session still to do today.”

How Will Newcastle Do At Arsenal On Saturday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Raj of Hailsley

Nov 26, 2021 at 10:38 AM

Whoop whoop, ๐Ÿ˜€

• Moonraker15

Nov 26, 2021 at 10:41 AM

Eddie probably was positive and now heโ€™s clear surely.
    Whatever, itโ€™s great news that heโ€™s back! As I said itโ€™s like having an extra man as the lads are naturally suffering from lack of confidence!

• Raj of Hailsley

Nov 26, 2021 at 10:44 AM

Moonraker,
    Aye, can only be good news.

• niafron

Nov 26, 2021 at 10:45 AM

So lads, according to you, starting eleven for tomorow?

• Adamn_92

Nov 26, 2021 at 10:46 AM

Following on from Munster and geordietom, I too would love to attend a game this season at St James’. But for me it’s a hell of a journey, I’d need to stay ideally need to travel up a day before the match and stay till the day after (to avoid being exhausted by travel) and i don’t drive so would need to get the train. That on top of a ticket as well is simply something i’m not able to afford, or have the time to be able to do around work. It’s not always as easy or simple to just buy a ticket and get to a match, no matter how much some of us would love to.

Sadly I have to wait until April until we come down to my neck of the woods, I’ll have to try and get an away ticket early as I imagine it’ll be harder to get one this time round. Last time I phoned Carrow Road on the day and asked if they had any away tickets, said they had plenty and to just pop down. Was far easier than I expected!

• Moonraker15

Nov 26, 2021 at 10:49 AM

Jail
    I was told tickets were sold out! Am I missing a trick?

• Adamn_92

Nov 26, 2021 at 10:50 AM

Niafron

I’m expecting the same 11 with perhaps Darlow out and Dubravka in, potentially Willock out and Hayden in.

• Shadow_Shearer

Nov 26, 2021 at 10:51 AM

Just wanted to make a point on Joelington. He played immensely against Brentford, and long may it continue.

But I cant ignore the fact I think hes worried about playing in the championship next season, and is trying his very best, not for the club but more so for himself.

If we get relegated, I think he will jump ships like Wijnaldum, Sissoko and Townsend. But he knows nobody will currently pay 40 million for him, not even half of that, and his wage I believe is 80k a week. So hes looking to prove his price tag. If we survive relegation, he will stay and nobody will ever know.

Ofcourse I could be wrong, but feels to me like he knows he needs to get his finger out if he wants to stay in the premiership and is not really playing for the shirt.

• Raj of Hailsley

Nov 26, 2021 at 10:52 AM

Adamn_92,
    I understand that, I’m just saying Munster keeps saying he must get to a game, with a little bit of forward planning it’s not that difficult, flights between Ireland and Newcastle are as cheap as chips and tickets aren’t as much as a lot of grounds. Imo don’t keep saying you plan to do something if you have no intention of doing so.

• Mund

Nov 26, 2021 at 10:52 AM

Adam

Iโ€™m sure one of the ST holders could sort something out for you to get an away ticket.

• geordietom

Nov 26, 2021 at 10:53 AM

Adam …

yep i get you to travel by train isnt cheap , then you have to factor a hotel in as well the cost goes up then if you want a meal a couple of drinks it’s all money mate , tis ok for us when we travel up north at least we have family we can stop with for a night or two …

• Raj of Hailsley

Nov 26, 2021 at 10:54 AM

Adamn_92,
    Exhausted by travel ha ha, are you having a larf ๐Ÿ˜€ I flew out of Norwich for years, it’s four and a bit hours and that includes a 45 minute wait in Peterborough.

• Mund

Nov 26, 2021 at 10:55 AM

This isnโ€™t your blog Raj you canโ€™t control what others say. Who cares if it annoys you.

Itโ€™s more to do with it being Munster saying it as many others say the same but you remain silent ๐Ÿ™„

• Sav

Nov 26, 2021 at 10:56 AM

Hoping Willock gets a second chance and a few matches to get his confidence and positivity back. And a return against Arsenal should squeeze an extra couple of % out of him to haunt the Gooners and get him scoring again. “It is written”.

• Mund

Nov 26, 2021 at 10:57 AM

The best advice I was ever given was from my Grandad a proper salt of the earth man and he told me never to hold grudges and stay angry as you grow into a bitter and twisted man as you grow up.

So happy I was taught that lesson

• Raj of Hailsley

Nov 26, 2021 at 10:57 AM

You don’t need a hotel for a three o clock KO coming from Norwich.

• Adamn_92

Nov 26, 2021 at 10:57 AM

Jail

Yeah I can understand that a bit more. I guess I understand if Munster is struggling to find a way to attend a game and isn’t used to organising attending a game, like purchasing tickets and how etc. But I do get why it could come across as annoying to keep mentioning it but not look into it fully.

Mund

I may ask on here closer to the time if i’m having no luck. Like I say last time it was incredibly easy so I’m hoping it will be again or I can bag any away tickets they hold at Carrow Road nice and early. If any of you guys head down here for the match give me a shout and we could grab a pre game drink somewhere. My partner works at the Waterfront which opens as an away fans venue leading up to the match, so I could find out nearer the time if you need to book it or opening times etc ๐Ÿ™‚

• Raj of Hailsley

Nov 26, 2021 at 10:58 AM

Mund,
    I thought you were happy to ignore me, your grandad should have taught you to practice what you preach.

• Mund

Nov 26, 2021 at 11:00 AM

Adam

I think you could get something sorted near the time mate. There is a few accounts on Twitter, here is one https://mobile.twitter.com/NUFCSpares

Definitely be able to arrange something mate

• Toon Tang

Nov 26, 2021 at 11:00 AM

Shadow, a season in the championship would probs do him the world of good. Get confidence levels through the roof after an unbeaten season and come back up firing on all cylinders.

• Adamn_92

Nov 26, 2021 at 11:01 AM

Jail

Well congratulations to you for such an anti-tired travel persona? Do you want me to applaud you? haha I’ve already explained finding time is hard, financially it’s difficult for me and it’s a lot of travelling to try and do in a 24 hour period to fit around work. I’m sorry i’m not an iron man like yourself who can travel loads and not feel a bit exhausted by it.

• Mund

Nov 26, 2021 at 11:01 AM

Again Raj you donโ€™t control what others do or say ๐Ÿ™‚

• Mund

Nov 26, 2021 at 11:03 AM

Adam

Life isnโ€™t so simple so I get where you are coming from.

Itโ€™s fitting in the time and then hopefully getting a ticket for that time. Many variables in planning such things.

• Toon Tang

Nov 26, 2021 at 11:03 AM

Just get a skateboard and grab hold of the Norwich team bus if its the Norwich game you’re attending.

Simple

• Adamn_92

Nov 26, 2021 at 11:04 AM

Toon Tang

Marty McFly style, now that I can get on board with.

• Mund

Nov 26, 2021 at 11:04 AM

Pun intended there Adam ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜†

• geordietom

Nov 26, 2021 at 11:05 AM

IRON MAN ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†

• Toon Tang

Nov 26, 2021 at 11:05 AM

Thats the one Adam ahaha

• Raj of Hailsley

Nov 26, 2021 at 11:06 AM

Adamn_92,
    Ha ha, seriously you don’t need to be any kind of iron man to travel to an away game, if a four hour train journey exhausts you so much you need to lie down after it I’d be getting some extra vitamins in to me ๐Ÿ˜€

• JohnJ

Nov 26, 2021 at 11:24 AM

Toon Tang

Comment #15 (Previous Thread)

“Maybe a 6-6 for the entertainment value”.

I rather a 0 – 0 or a ! – 1 for the goals against point of view….. another six on the goals against would be more than shocking

Better still would be 6 – 0 to us though I’d settle for a single goal margin in our favour!

• niafron

Nov 26, 2021 at 11:27 AM

Adamn_92

Don’t know much about the current squad, but of what i seen last game, yes, changing the GK seem a good idea.

• Toon Tang

Nov 26, 2021 at 11:32 AM

JohnJ. I hear ya and know where you’re coming from but its the same only different really. 6-6 leaves us the same GD but I know what you’re saying, a nil nil means we’ve at least tightened our rear guard up. I’m of the angle, if we are to draw id personally want to see an end to ender than a drab nil nil but each to their own eh.