web analytics

Newcastle Nearing Transfer Breakthrough As Top Target Reportedly On His Way – Report

There are multiple journalists now reporting that Kieran Trippier will become a Magpie in the next few days. The journalist who first reported of Newcastle’s interest in the right-back, Guillem Balage, has taken to Twitter with the following:

Balague is referencing a report in AS that Trippier will head to Newcastle today to complete a move believed to be for around £13m. The 31-year-old was not in training this morning and has reportedly said his goodbyes to his Atletico teammates.

Newcastle should have their first signing tied up over the next few days. The transfer is a massive boost for Eddie Howe and our new owners, who identified the right-back as a top target early on.

Trippier is leaving the defending La Liga champions and Champions League football for a relegation battle on Tyneside. His desire to return to England to be closer to his family as well as his close relationship with Howe were said to be strong factors in his decision.

Without any hiccups, Trippier should be a Magpie as early as tomorrow. That will give him plenty of time to integrate into the squad in time for the massive Watford match on January 15th.

Newcastle are also expected to announce that this weekend’s FA Cup tie against Cambridge United has been sold-out. We should see an absolutely rocking St. James’ Park on Saturday should this transfer finally go through.

• The Dyslexic God

Jan 4, 2022 at 8:39 PM

It is also a statement to other clubs. We will not pay over the odds. Fantastic deal, I was not happy at £25M but at this price? The temp DOF , someone give me his name. is obviously doing his job

• WLtoon

Jan 4, 2022 at 8:40 PM

The Cambridge players better bring ear muffs on Saturday.
    The noise generated by the Geordie hordes will be deafening, especially now Trippier is on board.
    Who knows, there might be another surprise unravelled this week.
    Ramsey seems to be the most touted, though i`m not keen on him.

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 4, 2022 at 8:40 PM

One way or another, these new owners are smart. Even if they end up paying £25m, having them public fee of £12m means they’re also making a statement that they’re not going to pay massively inflated transfer fees.

• lochinvar

Jan 4, 2022 at 8:41 PM

Well, well, well.
    Nothing to do with Hassenhutt making his mouth go either as a smoke screen while this slipped under the radar or to cover his backside if the new owners want to bring in a new manager.

Richard Masters where are you ?

Southampton have been taken over by a company backed by Serb media mogul Dragan Solak.

The Premier League club confirmed Sport Republic has bought Chinese businessman Gao Jisheng’s 80% stake.

Gao took over Southampton in August 2017, with Katharina Liebherr, who inherited the club from her late father Markus in 2010 when they were in League One, retaining 20%.

• August Landmesser reincarnate

Jan 4, 2022 at 8:41 PM

Ashingtoon

Ooo the faux outrage

You call someone’s mother, I turn it on you and I’m in the wrong.

How many times did your mam drop you on your head?

Don’t email admin, delete your account dummy.

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 4, 2022 at 8:42 PM

TDG – great minds think alike! ?

• The Dyslexic God

Jan 4, 2022 at 8:43 PM

Jail, get eyeballs v2.0 I did that when in Praha, cost £2000 for both eyes. never looked back.. I can’t see any more… lol

Will get my coat,

But seriously, you will spend more on glasses over the years, and replacement lenses will give you 20/20 or better depending on your requirements.

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Jan 4, 2022 at 8:43 PM

Trippier at the moment has got to be in the top 30 to 40 right backs in world football

That’s a big step up for us when was the last time we had a player in that level of position? Shearer?Ginola?

Get a few more at his level will improve the players around them Shelvey pinging out inch perfect passes to him on the overlap could be exciting

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 4, 2022 at 8:44 PM

Insigne to Toronto though? Wow. He’s moving for the lifestyle choice I would imagine. Going to be crazy wealthy and in a less competitive league. It’s certainly not ambitious in a football sense but each to their own.

• lochinvar

Jan 4, 2022 at 8:45 PM

If I was Botman and had the chance to play for the massive club United and bring them success while earning very well and moving the club into the limelight I would be pretty miffed if Lille Marlene tried to stop my career development, by illegal business practice ?

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 4, 2022 at 8:45 PM

OP – you ok? Genuinely…are you alright? Call someone please. A friend, a relative, anyone.

• The Newcastle Armchair

Jan 4, 2022 at 8:45 PM

LCBP – I think top 40 RB in the world is a bit of an understatement, the lad is playing for Atleti which makes him at least top 16, maybes even more

He’s England’s #3 so this is some coup

• WLtoon

Jan 4, 2022 at 8:47 PM

Insigne going to the states for money playing in a crap league.
    That`s just the sort of player we need to avoid.
    What a mercenary.

• The Dyslexic God

Jan 4, 2022 at 8:49 PM

get Mohamed Elneny in as a DM, to allow Billy Joel to Roam. A CH, and a Striker. Job done. Stay in league

• The Ledge

Jan 4, 2022 at 8:49 PM

Top 30 or 40 right-backs? he was voted best right back in La Liga last year and the only players in the premier league ahead of him would be Trent and Cancelo.
    There ain’t many better than him imo.

• The Dyslexic God

Jan 4, 2022 at 8:50 PM

WL , it is their job!

• Raj of Hailsley

Jan 4, 2022 at 8:51 PM

beer/Peter,
    I’ve had them for a year now and think they’re great but I’ve just forked out £150 for JCB work ones and it seems like you have to look out of the top of them as opposed to my original ones, is it possible they’ve messed up.

• Moonraker15

Jan 4, 2022 at 8:51 PM

Trippier is a fantastic signing for Newcastle. A world class wingback who Simeone changed systems to accommodate and won la liga to boot!
    It’s a huge statement of the pull of both NUFC sand Eddie Howe!
    Wow !

• The Dyslexic God

Jan 4, 2022 at 8:51 PM

If someone offered me twice the money……..

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 4, 2022 at 8:52 PM

WL – I agree that it’s the sort of player we want to avoid, and were never likely to get on that basis. But he’s leaving for lifestyle and financial reasons rather than football achievements. If I could go do a cushy job in an interesting place for a few years and earn a fortune, I’d do it too…

• geordie157

Jan 4, 2022 at 8:52 PM

Happy with Trippier, great bit of business.

Ramsey being talked about a lot, no fee but hate to think what his wages would be like.

Digne and Botman would be nice too.

• August Landmesser reincarnate

Jan 4, 2022 at 8:52 PM

Ashingtoon62

Jan 4, 2022 at 7:31 PM

I will try again then.
    I knew a lad who was called Kierin Madison,his mother was a proper bike

August Landmesser reincarnate

Jan 4, 2022 at 7:38 PM

Are you his brother?

Note the time?

What sort of man uses his dead mother to try and manipulate the blog??

I bet she’d be well chuffed with your behaviour, take a bow.

• Ketsbaia9

Jan 4, 2022 at 8:54 PM

Trippier isn’t an upgrade on Yedlin. Poor signing even at £12m. The guy’s 31 years old. Could do a Micah Richards and retire next season.

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 4, 2022 at 8:55 PM

Ash – just in case you’re seeing the red mist, I definitely suggest walking away or ignoring. He’s going to keep pressing your buttons I’m afraid, long after a balanced person would stop.

• Ketsbaia9

Jan 4, 2022 at 8:56 PM

We need to get players like Boubacar Kamara, Tagliafico, Coutinho, Vlahovic in etc. If we don’t, we’ll go down.

• The Dyslexic God

Jan 4, 2022 at 8:57 PM

Jail, can’t help you, I started needing glasses in Munich to read computer, when I I went to Praha, the meeting rooms were 20m long so i ended up using one set of glasses for computer and another for the screen. so I spent £2000 and got them fixed. Turned out I had always had longsight but when lens started to thicken with age, they could no longer compensate and the I got short sight. Eyeballs 2.0 fixed it

• Ashingtoon62

Jan 4, 2022 at 8:57 PM

OP
    I’ve never called anybody’s mother in my life and I never will.
    I nearly didn’t reply but felt duty bound.
    If you thought I was talking about someone’s actual Mother,you’re even thicker than I thought.
    I won’t be engaging with you anymore on here,so have the last word,I know you wont be able to resist.

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 4, 2022 at 8:57 PM

BREAKING NEWS FROM SSN: Sunderland have announced the signing of Trai Hume.

😉

• IrishRob

Jan 4, 2022 at 8:57 PM

I’m watching the Lille game atm, Botman V IMPRESSIVE, I think I’d nearly be OK spending 60M on him tbh.

• WLtoon

Jan 4, 2022 at 9:02 PM

Insigne is already a multi millionaire, jeez how much money do these players want.
    It`s pure greed imo. It`s not enough to earn a fortune in Italy or Spain, good standard, with world class players, they want even more.
    You can only spend so much of your fortune in a lifetime. Players like Insigne give other professionals a bad name .

• beermonkey

Jan 4, 2022 at 9:03 PM

jail

if there not like your normal glasses i would say yes maybe they are not centred with ur eye
    but i am just guessing

maybe the bridge of the glasses is sat up on ur nose can you spread the pads a bit to lower them

• Bills Son Is Back

Jan 4, 2022 at 9:34 PM

I don’t get why anyone is bothered by how much the likes of Ramsay or any signings might earn.

It’s not as if we’ve got top players who are going to demand equality and want out if they don’t get it. PIF will pay whatever they think it takes to keep us in the Prem + we need players in fast which means they literally can’t afford to waste time while more games are played and money is the quickest way to persuade a player to come.

Our best players will want to stay up and I doubt they are too bothered what new signings are paid as long as they are good enough to help get the wins we need.

• Paula Fox

Jan 7, 2022 at 11:40 PM

Hi)) I’m Paula, I’m 24) I work as a SEX model 18+) Please appreciate my erotic photos – https://me.sv/id376905

1 9 10 11