web analytics

Newcastle Inching Closer To Second Striker Signing As Details Of Deal Emerge – Report

Newcastle continue to work on multiple deals this Wednesday evening. The push currently is to bring in two center-backs along with Reims striker Hugo Ekitike. The two center-backs being targeted at the moment appear to be Diego Carlos and Benoit Badiashile.

The Telegraph reported earlier today that an improved bid of £28m has been offered for Carlos. While some reports in Spain say Sevilla have rejected it, that has not been confirmed domestically.

Sky Sports’ Dharmesh Sheth is reporting that both Ekitike and Badisashile are keen to come to Tyneside. He believes that Newcastle are inching towards an agreement for Ekitike per a report that can be heard here.

Importantly, Sheth is being told that the 19-year-old wants the move. Newcastle are willing to offer a whopping £27m plus £3m in add-ons for the Frenchman to be paid in installments over the next five years.

Ekitike will not return on loan to Reims but join Newcastle’s first team if the deal can get completed. It looks promising as Sheth is reporting the two clubs are very close to reaching an agreement.

Newcastle appear to have made significant progress on multiple fronts over the past 24 hours. It was just last night that they triggered Chris Wood’s release clause with the 30-year-old set to be unveiled imminently.

How Will Newcastle Do Against Watford On Saturday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Shot Bru

Jan 12, 2022 at 10:39 PM

Not so long ago, it used to be that if the attacking player was in line with the defender it was advantage to the attacker.

That seems to have changed with VAR as your leg can be offside rather than there being a clear gap between the bodies.

I thought they was supposed to be encouraging attacking play, instead the powers that be have disrupted the game through technicalities and petty interpretation of the rules.

They need much thicker lines when analysing the offside rule, so we can get rid of the insane decisions surrounding being offside by a single leg

• ottawageordie2

Jan 12, 2022 at 10:40 PM

I just read a news item that said Merson was stunned that Amanda and Co addressed the players at halftime. Said their time was better suited to getting things done in the window. What a complete idiot. Has no sense of what’s going on at our club.
    He’s stunned alreet!

• Fenham to Chalfont

Jan 12, 2022 at 10:44 PM

The 2 signings of Trippier and more than likely Wood tomorrow are IMO great signings. Perfect players to get in with PL experience who will be up for the fight with the required positive voices in the dressing room required for the fight to stave off relegation. I hope we get Cantwell as he has huge potential but has clearly lost his way at Norwich, this lad could be the next Maddison, but better if managed accordingly…

Cantwell will need a new better challenge to get the best out of him and he should get that at the Toon. We are going to be a club on the up and will be starting an amazing journey.

I hope we get the 2 young french lads in that’s getting positive news, with the above signings made and these 2 has a good feel to it. Therefore I think we will have a very good window, tbh a potentially very clever window if they all come off. Onwards and upwards. HWTL!

• onmeedsun

Jan 12, 2022 at 10:44 PM

Ottawa
    Merson is just another cocker nee gobshite pundit with no brains. Our time will come.

• onmeedsun

Jan 12, 2022 at 10:48 PM

Fenham
    Not sure whether Cantwell has the physicality for the PL. Is he too similar to Miggy? If he can emulate Maddison then great but I haven’t seen that in him yet.

• Munster Mag

Jan 12, 2022 at 10:48 PM

Belated birthday greetings to jail and snowdone.

• Fenham to Chalfont

Jan 12, 2022 at 10:50 PM

magicmac54

Jan 12, 2022 at 10:37 PM

Hello Magic mate, I truly hope you and your mate have a fantastic trip to see the Watford match (probably the most important game in years) and many top lads off here. The Geordie hospitality is second to none so it should be a great trip for you both. I really believe our season kicks on from Saturday, should be an electric game.. Have a great one my friend and ensure you bring some of that Irish look with you 😉

Ps I should have visited Donegal by now and will most definitely make the trip when me Mam visit again soon. Stay safe Magic, all the best 😉

• magicmac54

Jan 12, 2022 at 10:52 PM

Onmeedsun

Sorry to hear you caught the bug mate, i hope your feeling a bit better, it must be such a disappointment you cant get to the game on Saturday as your such a staunch commited and loyal supporter. I am sure ill really enjoy the big game on Saturday, i just hope i can brink the luck of the Irish across the Irish sea all the way to the Cathedral on the hill lol HWTL

• JP...from The Rock

Jan 12, 2022 at 10:53 PM

Fenham – exactly. I feel Cantwell is really underrated. With Howe’s good man management he can get the best out of him. In Wood, Cantwell and Trippier that would be the start of a good solid spine to build on. Then add the two quality french youngsters and we could quite possible have the next Trezeguet and the next Varane in our hands. Would like us grab a CDM and a LB after that as I don’t want to see Ritchie at LB ever again! And if I want to be real greedy Henderson of ManUre to replace Dubravka who has been woeful this season.

• Fenham to Chalfont

Jan 12, 2022 at 10:55 PM

onmeedsun

Jan 12, 2022 at 10:48 PM

I hear what you are saying, however with better training under Eddie I trust he will get the best out the lad. He definitely has the potential. I used to work in Lowestoft whilst the building of the Culzean Oil Rig and have a lot of Norwich fans I keep in touch with and they all speak highly of him, they say he has lost his way and needs a new challenge and only then shall we see the best in the lad. Eddie knows what he is doing IMO and has clearly made the call to bring him in. Must be a reason for that. The same goes for Chris Wood both would be great additions. Would much rather see these types than mercenaries.

• onmeedsun

Jan 12, 2022 at 10:56 PM

Magic
    Thankfully only mild symptoms for me but missus wouldn’t let me out of the bedroom for a whole week, and I was on my own !
    If we win Saturday you’ll be able to claim it was all down to you. We are due a change in fortune and I’m sure you can bring it.
    I’ll be expecting a full match report and details of the afters!

• onmeedsun

Jan 12, 2022 at 10:59 PM

Fenham
    I trust Howes judgement so if he wants him then great. What do we know anyway. Trippier and Wood adding experience but I want Eddie to be given youngsters that he can really mould.

• Fenham to Chalfont

Jan 12, 2022 at 11:00 PM

JP,

I hope we get a top CDM in, we need one for sure. I don’t think we will go for a LB as I think lewis will be back in a few weeks, Trippier can cover that position and Manquilo back in at RB, also Dummet is back so we can concentrate on other positions until the summer. Gonna be a good window mate I can feel it in me bones haha

• Munster Mag

Jan 12, 2022 at 11:03 PM

Cantwell…. Thought he was excellent a few years ago. Potential there, although I’d be hoping for better players. I thí k Eddie can improve him. Good Irish name too 🙂

• magicmac54

Jan 12, 2022 at 11:03 PM

Fenham to
    Chalfont

Great post there Fenham, i really know what you mean by the Geordie hospitality, ive met the geordie folk lots of times in the past, and they are very friendly down to earth people, ive always said the Geordies and the Irish are very simular type of people, and i know you will totally understand where iam coming from. Fenham the last Newcastle match i was at was away to Blackburn the year we should have won the league under King Kevin, i was never going to attend a match under Ashley. Fenham its about time to got yourself over to Donegal to Gods Holiday home lol HWTL

• Fenham to Chalfont

Jan 12, 2022 at 11:04 PM

onmeedsun,

100% agree #132.

I trust eddies judgement along with the owners, we are in safe hands that’s for sure.

Hope you’ve made a full recovery after getting the you know what. Hope there are zero lasting effects. Should be a totally different team on your return to SJP in February.

• Fenham to Chalfont

Jan 12, 2022 at 11:08 PM

Magic,

That’s a long time ago for your last game, gonna make the occasion even more special for you. The atmosphere should be bouncing. Must feel like Christmas is coming again lol.

Geordies and the Irish are very similar 100%. Good grafters and work ethic. Both can put the drink away too lol.

• magicmac54

Jan 12, 2022 at 11:11 PM

Onmmedsun

Christ that must be very very difficult confined to your room mate, iam pleased you only had mild symptoms my friend. So the result of Saturdays match is all down to me lol no pressure then 😀 😀 Ok ill put my head on the chopping block and predict the Toon will win 2-1 this Saturday. HWTL

• Fenham to Chalfont

Jan 12, 2022 at 11:12 PM

Good night all, got an early start tomorrow.

Hopefully a very positive week awaits us we deserve it. This blog will be bouncing on Saturday looking forward to it 😉

• snowdone

Jan 12, 2022 at 11:16 PM

Magic, thank you for your birthday greetings! And you as well, Munster!

I hope you can bring us luck on Saturday, Magic. We could do with some wizardry! I feel young, but I’ve entered the naughty year before 3 score years and ten!
    It would be marvellous to enjoy the club’s success in the coming years after we came so close in the nineties.

• Asi Fish

Jan 12, 2022 at 11:17 PM

Martoon – fair play for the H2H win with that Bowen double.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m proper peeved & having a horrible day, still working and really could have done with some positivity…….

But that aint your fault so thought I would come on and congratulate you for a very good result.

HWTL

• magicmac54

Jan 12, 2022 at 11:19 PM

Fenham to
    Chalfont

Yes its quite a long time from ive seen Newcastle in action, so it will indeed make it extra special. I can sincerely say getting rid of Ashley was like winning the league, the FA Cup, the League Cup and the Champions league all in the one season, just like very Newcastle fan on the planet i want us to stay up, but ill not in the least be stressed if we dont, ive already got my pot of gold at the end of the rainbow getting rid of Ashley mate HWTL

• lochinvar

Jan 12, 2022 at 11:19 PM

BY SOPHIE BROWNSON
    19:23, 11 JAN 2022
    See news near you
    Enter your postcode
    Allan Saint-Maximin has made a generous donation to the Newcastle West End Food Bank.(Image: Newcastle
    Newcastle United star Allan Saint-Maximin has given his support to those struggling in the city with a generous donation that will help to feed thousands.

The 24-year-old donated a “four-figure” sum to the Newcastle West End Foodbank after being put in contact with a fan selling face masks to raise vital cash for the charity.

• onmeedsun

Jan 12, 2022 at 11:21 PM

Magic
    Loads of Irish settled in Newcastle in the 1800’s, as they did in many of our larger cities that experienced significant growth during that time. There is an ‘Irish Centre’ club on Stowell Street just below the Gallowgate end of SJP. I’m sure they do a decent Guinness.

• beermonkey

Jan 12, 2022 at 11:22 PM

Southampton manager Ralph Hasenhuttl says it will be difficult to ensure key players stay at the club, despite the recent takeover. (Independent)

ward prowse any1

• magicmac54

Jan 12, 2022 at 11:27 PM

Snowdone

Hi fella, i trust your really enjoying your birthday and having a marvelous day, i think if we can win on Saturday we will kick on and climb out of the bottom 3, i have no doubt it will be a very tense and nervy day, lets hope we can get a few early goals and settle the nerves mate HWTL

• Fenham to Chalfont

Jan 12, 2022 at 11:27 PM

magicmac54

Jan 12, 2022 at 11:19 PM

Magic, if I could heart this post a million times I would. Ok I’m definitely off to the land of nod, night night Magic. 🙂

• JP...from The Rock

Jan 12, 2022 at 11:28 PM

JWP would be immense for us. The Saints would fight tooth and nail to keep him though and he would cost us a fortune. I can’t see it happening in this window.

• Mund

Jan 12, 2022 at 11:30 PM

Just a lad who shares some bits now and then and I just want to share with the blog.

• Asi Fish

Jan 12, 2022 at 11:32 PM

What’s new Mund?

• magicmac54

Jan 12, 2022 at 11:38 PM

Onmeedsun

Yes i know about that place called Jarrow which many call little Ireland, WLtoon sent me a link and video about Jarrow last year which i really enjoyed, also i know about the Irish Club at the Gallowgate end of the ground, as for the Guinness this is one Irish man who hates the stuff LOL

• Mund

Jan 12, 2022 at 11:39 PM

Transfer News Live
    @DeadlineDayLive
    1h
    Police cars revolving light Jesse Lingard, Dean Henderson, Anthony Martial and Donny van de Beek are all unhappy about a lack of game time this season and Manchester United are braced for loan enquiries for each player.

• Mund

Jan 12, 2022 at 11:40 PM

Sup Asi good to see you about bud.

• JP...from The Rock

Jan 12, 2022 at 11:40 PM

Mund – i’d take Henderson, Linfard and Van de Beek.

• Mund

Jan 12, 2022 at 11:44 PM

JP

Got to be all over them in our position, Martial included. Needs must right now and I know a lot don’t favour him, he still would bring alt of quality and even before the takeover I thought all he needs is a club to love him and he’ll shine. Same with Lingard and a lot of other fringe players:

• magicmac54

Jan 12, 2022 at 11:46 PM

Mund

Thanks for posting the links mate, while a lot of them are as in your own words take with a pinch of salt, nonetheless they are still interesting and worth reading young man HWTL

• Mund

Jan 12, 2022 at 11:48 PM

Magic

Thank you mate, it means a lot coming from you. One of the good ones my friend.

• magicmac54

Jan 12, 2022 at 11:49 PM

Ok lads and Lassies time to get the head down, brilliant football chats tonight, take care everyone and keep safe Nite Nite

• Mund

Jan 12, 2022 at 11:52 PM

Take it easy magic

Stay safe mate

• magicmac54

Jan 12, 2022 at 11:52 PM

Thanks Mund lad, much appreciated, i hope you and your wife and family are all very well? Catch up with you tomorrow young man Nite Nite