web analytics

Newcastle Tracking Brother Of Recent Academy Addition To Boost Attacking Options – Report

Last year, Newcastle added teenager Shaun Mavididi to the Academy. The promising young forward linked up with the U18s after leaving Arsenal. Hopefully, he’ll be one to breakthrough in the coming years.

The Mail is reporting that Newcastle may turn to Shaun’s older brother, Stephy, as an attacking option this month. The 23-year-old also started with Arsenal before signing for Juventus in 2018.

After not breaking through with Juve, Mavididi joined Ligue 1’s Montpellier in 2020 for around £3.5m. He has since bagged 15 goals playing primarily on the left wing but can also play as a striker.

The former England U20 international is rated at around £15m and is being tracked by both Brighton and Crystal Palace. Mavididi has 6 goals and 3 assists in 18 appearances this term.

Newcastle are currently working on a deal to land Reims’ teenage sensation Hugo Ekitike. The 19-year-old striker has been touted as a future superstar. Though the sample size is extremely small with just 18 first-team appearances.

With Chris Wood through the door, the need for another striker has been relaxed somewhat. However, Newcastle want to add another with Ekitike currently the preferred option. Though with him being only 19, maybe a third attacker could be on the agenda.

Mavididi could be seen as a potential economical option to come in as cover upfront. Ekitike will cost around £30m and a move may take towards the end of the window to complete. Especially with recent reports that PSG have entered the race.

How Will Newcastle Do Against Watford On Saturday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• dougie

Jan 14, 2022 at 3:42 PM

Both Longstaffs are Championship standard at best,more like league one imo.The sooner the midfield is upgraded the better and it can’t come quick enough,even Fellaini even in his dotage would be a huge upgrade.

• Adamn_92

Jan 14, 2022 at 3:42 PM

I think the noise coming from Howe may be a hint towards who we’ll get or who we eventually bring in. Saying we won’t be held to ransom would suggest we probably won’t match Lille’s current asking price. He also said players won’t be joining just for money, which would likely rule out Sule if the only chance of getting him is offering him the biggest wage package. Which is why I think it’ll most likely be Carlos, Kelly, Phillips or maybe even a loan for someone? Like a defender currently out the starting 11 of a ‘big team’.

Botman I think could happen near the end of the window. I think Lille are hoping we cave and pay up. I think we’ll do a take it or leave type offer and Lille will accept it near the end of the window when they realise we won’t budge and nobody else is coming in for him.

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 14, 2022 at 3:42 PM

Tom – you do know that free speech goes all ways right???

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 14, 2022 at 3:43 PM

Some of you guys would definitely have voted for Trump…

• Tom

Jan 14, 2022 at 3:44 PM

TDS …

i dont think you get the GEORDIE mentality , it come from being shit on by the previous owner …

• Tom

Jan 14, 2022 at 3:44 PM

Comes *

• Tom

Jan 14, 2022 at 3:45 PM

Never voted in my life …

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 14, 2022 at 3:46 PM

Tom – of course I bloody well get it! Most fans are excited for the future, delighted to get rid of the previous owner, and loving the progress at our club. Why do you think I support this club???

I’m just as entitled to state my opinion on topics as any of the rest of you. So I don’t understand what you’re getting at.

• Tom

Jan 14, 2022 at 3:48 PM

getting at nowt just giving my opinion …

think you need to calm down a bit dont you …

• Adamn_92

Jan 14, 2022 at 3:49 PM

Ludovic Blas another new name being linked. Same agent as Trippier and Wood allegedly.

• Tom

Jan 14, 2022 at 3:49 PM

going back into quiet mode …

• carltoon

Jan 14, 2022 at 3:50 PM

Adam, do you think Howe gets the final say, I’m hoping he does.

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 14, 2022 at 3:51 PM

Tom – you do realise that I’ve been insulted, told I don’t understand the Geordie mentality, accused of trying to “control the narrative” by someone trying to control the narrative, been told the leave the blog, and to calm down…and I’m totally calm.

Meanwhile, have I insulted anyone, told anyone they don’t understand, told anyone what to do (or what not to do), told anyone how to behave, or told anyone to leave the blog?

• TheTinman

Jan 14, 2022 at 3:52 PM

I’ll tell you all who we should buy if we want a talented young CF and it ain’t Ekitike.

His name is Benjamin Sesko.

18 year old Slovenian.

Star of the future. We should get in now before Barcelona et al. snaffle him

• carltoon

Jan 14, 2022 at 3:52 PM

Adam I’ve got to admit I’ve never heard of these players, and unless i check them out on YT i haven’t got a clue. Is he any good

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 14, 2022 at 3:53 PM

Adam – I agree on Botman. The offer has been made and, as I’ve said before, if there’s pressure to be exerted I suspect it will be from Botman and his agent. If they want to make the move then they’ll likely get a bit impatient near the end of the window and push them to make the deal happen. But maybe we’ll have moved on by then and signed someone else…

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 14, 2022 at 3:54 PM

TheTinman – I’ll take that suggestion with more weight than the average tweet because it’s from you. What do you know about the guy?

• carltoon

Jan 14, 2022 at 3:56 PM

Well if that’s not insulting i don’t know what is 🙄

• Adamn_92

Jan 14, 2022 at 3:57 PM

Carltoon

I like to think Howe has some input. He obviously has a connection with Trippier having managed him before so I’m sure he had some say on that. If he impressed the owners as much as was reported, i’m sure they’ll allow him input over targets too. Who know’s though in all honesty.

Blas, i’ve not heard of him either. Searching him up he’s apparently quite talented. Ex Liverpool player Chirivella said ‘I played with Coutinho, Firmino, Salah and Mane, I know what they are capable of. He has nothing to envy them when it comes to talent. When it comes to pure talent I rate Blas above all others’. Which is a glowing endorsement! Seems like a versatile attacker who can score and assist, with 10 goals and 5 assists last season and 7 goals and 1 assist so far this season.

Could easily just be a rumour made up as he shares the same agent as Wood and Trippier though to be fair.

• TheTinman

Jan 14, 2022 at 3:58 PM

TDS, one of my best friends is Slovenian. Raves about this guy. He just broke into the national team recently.

Plays for Red Bull Salzburg who loaned him out last year. But this season he has broke into their 1st team and even played in the champions league a few times this year.

1.94m tall, fast, good footwork and can use both feet

• Tyran21

Jan 14, 2022 at 4:00 PM

carltoon

100% Howe have the final say if you don’t mind my opinion, judging by the players signed so far.

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 14, 2022 at 4:00 PM

TheTinman – RB Salzburg have got a pretty good track record of developing youngsters! I’d love to see us sign a few promising youngsters, even if they’re not ready to start for the first team just yet, it would be great to see them given a chance at our club and potentially grow to be superstars as we grow to be a CL team.

• TheTinman

Jan 14, 2022 at 4:03 PM

I think we present a good opportunity for young uns now.

Genuine chance of breaking into the first team early on in their career.

Club should have an upward trajectory which could be in tandem with their development.

Play in front of a massive crowd each week.

I think we can sell that proposition to a lot of young talent in the summer!

• carltoon

Jan 14, 2022 at 4:03 PM

Adam, yes I’m sure the owners will keep Howe in the loop, and he seems certain we are still wanting more players in. I used to always take notice of other leagues and players years ago, love watching the Italian league on a Sunday, now with the last fourteen years, i nearly give up. So I’m going to try and take more notice

• DubaiMicky

Jan 14, 2022 at 4:03 PM

On that link:-

“Newcastle have the financial muscle to bully Barcelona out of the Vlahovic deal”

How delicious does that sound?

• Mund

Jan 14, 2022 at 4:04 PM

Calling a poster a twat yesterday but doesn’t insult anyone 🙄

Some really do believe in there own importance above all.

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 14, 2022 at 4:04 PM

My understanding is that Howe was involved with other members of the team to create a list of players to target. It’s then down to the recruitment team to get the best deals they can for those players. But Howe is still involved in the recruitment process and speaks to the players before they join.

• carltoon

Jan 14, 2022 at 4:05 PM

Tyran21 that’s good to know, of course I value your opinion, everyone’s got their own. I’m with you I think Howe will have the last say.

• TheTinman

Jan 14, 2022 at 4:05 PM

Phwoaaar Dubai, its not just NUFC who got Wood after I read that!!

• Mund

Jan 14, 2022 at 4:06 PM

Happy Birthday

Cabaye

HWTL

• TheTinman

Jan 14, 2022 at 4:06 PM

Anyone got Howes email, I’ll drop him a line about Sesko

• Mund

Jan 14, 2022 at 4:07 PM

• carltoon

Jan 14, 2022 at 4:07 PM

DM. Now now, you’ll be called for saying we’re rich and can but anybody, but isn’t it great that we can.

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 14, 2022 at 4:08 PM

TheTinman – just post it on Twitter than we’re talking to him mate. It will soon be all over the interweb that we’ve made an offer of £20m and he’s definitely interested in joining us… 😉

• carltoon

Jan 14, 2022 at 4:08 PM

Buy

• Adamn_92

Jan 14, 2022 at 4:12 PM

• carltoon

Jan 14, 2022 at 4:13 PM

God! Cabaye was great wasn’t he, should never have left, thinking he was to good for us.

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 14, 2022 at 4:15 PM

carltoon – I absolutely love that we can compete for the best players from a financial standpoint. Now I just want us to be able to compete for them from a football standpoint too. Once players can see the clear upward trend and us playing good football then the happy days will truly have returned.

• carltoon

Jan 14, 2022 at 4:16 PM

Adam! I hit that link and it went to my email to send ? Was it meant to

• Adamn_92

Jan 14, 2022 at 4:17 PM

Carltoon

Still remember his pass for Cisse’s goal at 5:05 in the clip:

Thought what an amazing player we have on our hands, that vision and passing was up there with the best at the time.