web analytics

Newcastle Linked With Skilled But Inconsistent French Attacker – Report

Newcastle have been linked with a move for Ludovic Blas of Nantes. This comes from a Daily Star exclusive by Jacques Talbot, who also writes for The Mirror and The Guardian among others.

According to Talbot, Newcastle have engaged in transfer talks for the 24-year-old Frenchman, though that may be jumping the gun a bit. Watford are also supposedly trying to bring the player in this month.

Blas is a versatile attacking threat from multiple areas of the pitch. He generally plays as either an inverted winger on the right or a second striker. This season he has been in decent form with 8 goals in his 20 appearances.

The former French U20 international joined Nantes in September of 2019. He has since made 87 appearances with an impressive 26 goals and 7 assists. Interestingly, he is represented by CAA Base, who also represent both Kieran Trippier and Chris Wood.

He previously played for Guingamp rising through their Academy to become their youngest player to appear and score in Ligue 1. He first made a name for himself in the U19 Euros in 2016 helping France to the title with 2 goals and 2 assists.

His performances as a youth prospect had him on the radar of Liverpool, AC Milan, and Lyon. Liverpool and AC Milan’s interest continued as recently as last year with Juventus also having an interest.

Blas is undoubtedly a talented player who can dazzle audiences with his skills. However, he runs hot and cold and has failed to fulfill his early promise as a potential full French international.

It remains to be seen if Newcastle are actually after Blas in this window. He is probably on head of recruitment Steve Nickson’s expansive list of players. However, whether he is a top target for January seems questionable.

How Will Newcastle Do Against Watford On Saturday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 14, 2022 at 6:58 PM

bettyswallocks – I agreed with you right until the weird last sentence. You’re not a Trump supporter by any chance are you?

• Mund

Jan 14, 2022 at 6:58 PM

Betty

Hope you feel your best soon mate, glad to hear you are on the mend bud.

Hopefully tomorrow gives us all something to celebrate

HWTL

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 14, 2022 at 6:59 PM

TTB@W ARMY – well, what I reckon he knows is that the club is negotiating for his transfer and the player isn’t entirely against it. So…it means it’s a possibility, which is great! But then I think Botman is a possibility too…

• ottawageordie2

Jan 14, 2022 at 7:02 PM

We all have to be reasonable with others on the blog. Everyone is entitled to voice their opinion. I myself was reminded of that and have toned my responses down to show respect for others. I just don’t bother to read certain posts from some posters. With links, it’s a matter of taking a quick look and dismissing those that are obviously a waste of time or not looking at all.

• Wor B

Jan 14, 2022 at 7:03 PM

On topic

‘Newcastle Linked With Skilled But Inconsistent French Attacker’

How many do we need?

• onmeedsun

Jan 14, 2022 at 7:03 PM

The worry I have with all the constant hype around new players, is the need for Howe to be able to put teams out in real live games that just have to be won. It feels like there is some toon fantasy football game going on alongside the reality of must win matches. I think Eddie reflected on some of that earlier today, in terms of maintaining focus on the here and now. For me I can’t wait until 31/1 and then the music stops. But before then we need at least 4 points in next 2 games.

• Mund

Jan 14, 2022 at 7:04 PM

ottawageordie2

You’ve been fine mate, I haven’t noticed anything that’s bad coming from you.

You are a top poster who has been a welcome addition to the blog.

• bettyswallocks

Jan 14, 2022 at 7:05 PM

TDS……….. You’re not one of those crystalised water formations are you?

• bettyswallocks

Jan 14, 2022 at 7:06 PM

Snowflake to simplify.

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 14, 2022 at 7:06 PM

ottawageordie2 – the discussion today between several people has been twisted and misrepresented. What we were talking about was the general garbage that is on the likes of NewsNow, Twitter, and multiple sites. Links to players that are conjured out of thin air and articles written for the sole reason of generating hits and clicks, rather than any genuine news reporting that would be useful to fans.

A point I made was that I would rather read some insight from a fellow blogger on a player (as Tinman did with a Slovenian playing for RB Salzburg) than some of the waffle these so called ITKs and journos peddle. At least Tinman was just sharing some insight to fellow bloggers rather than some of these other people doing it for financial or ego reasons.

• Adamn_92

Jan 14, 2022 at 7:07 PM

Lad definitely seems to have talent, not sure what his style is though. If he’s like ASM then I’m not sure it’s what we need right now. Need either a defensive minded midfielder or someone who can control the center of the park, linking defence and attack and be a box to box player.

Don’t know enough about him to judge really, so if he’s a better option than we currently have then I’ll back him!

• Darnik

Jan 14, 2022 at 7:07 PM

Rom
    You would look good in a tutu lol

Tds
    Fair enough was merely an observation and trying to help your experience on the blog and for the record the reason I picked up on you was because of the way you said you are rarely wrong which comes across as pompous, as I said I appreciate you have had your share of abuse so we’ll leave it at that and move on

• bettyswallocks

Jan 14, 2022 at 7:07 PM

Mund……. Aye we’ll be well up for it tomorrow.

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 14, 2022 at 7:09 PM

onmeedsun – I 100% agree! I love seeing genuine links and learning about players that we could bring in, even better to learn about players that we HAVE brought in. But this is overload really. I like to keep up to date with what is happening around our club but it’s hard to sift out the genuine from the rubbish sometimes. I too will be happy when the window closes…

• Mund

Jan 14, 2022 at 7:09 PM

Posting on a blog for ego reasons? 😳

Nurse!!! We have a head stuck up an arse!….

• Tom

Jan 14, 2022 at 7:09 PM

general garbage where do you think the blog owners get most of their stuff from …

• Mund

Jan 14, 2022 at 7:11 PM

Tom

He won’t answer that one mate. He probably doesn’t even read the articles

• pittsburgh_toon

Jan 14, 2022 at 7:11 PM

Darlow
    Trips – Lascelles – Schar – Manq
    Shelvey – Joe
    Murph – Fraser – ASM
    Wood

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 14, 2022 at 7:13 PM

Darnik – context is hard sometimes…I don’t think I really have an online persona so I’m the same in real life. Sometimes that’s hard to quantify when you don’t get the full context. I was told that I think I’m always right, I said that I’m rarely wrong because I don’t tend to post extreme statements and when I state something as facts, I’ve usually verified it. Many of my posts are full of nuances and caveats…because I’m just a blogger with an opinion, nothing more.

My experience on the blog is generally good or I wouldn’t be here. I just don’t enjoy certain people who are keyboard warriors on here.

• Mund

Jan 14, 2022 at 7:13 PM

pittsburgh_toon

Fraser as a No10 mate? I don’t think that would work. We need Fraser on the wing for supply, not many better in the team, which I hope gets sorted this window.

• Tom

Jan 14, 2022 at 7:14 PM

aint a keyboard warrior …

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 14, 2022 at 7:14 PM

Tom – Sssssshhhh…I don’t read most of the blog articles! 😉

Honestly, the frequency of the articles is too much for me. I was asked earlier why I’m on this blog and it’s not for the articles, it’s for the fellow fans.

• bettyswallocks

Jan 14, 2022 at 7:14 PM

Apparently we’re in for N’ Golo Kante’s younger brother Ali who is currently playing in Spain.

• pittsburgh_toon

Jan 14, 2022 at 7:15 PM

Mund – I had trouble filling that spot. Fraser will probably start on the right over Murph, so maybe Miggy or Willock in that space

• Tom

Jan 14, 2022 at 7:15 PM

MUND#57 …

PROBERLY not …

• ottawageordie2

Jan 14, 2022 at 7:16 PM

Mund Thanks.

TDS while I don’t always agree with what you say, I find your comments well expressed. Some on here are just WUMS or pretending to be NUFC fans and I have challenged them without ever getting an answer.

• Mund

Jan 14, 2022 at 7:16 PM

Betty 😆

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 14, 2022 at 7:16 PM

Tom – never said you are.

• Romford mag

Jan 14, 2022 at 7:16 PM

Darnik

I look good in everything mate 😉 😆

• Tom

Jan 14, 2022 at 7:17 PM

OTTAWA …]

you bumped into my cousin yet mate 😆

• Romford mag

Jan 14, 2022 at 7:19 PM

I thought I answered you ? 🙂

• Tom

Jan 14, 2022 at 7:19 PM

ROM …

STOCKINGS ?

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 14, 2022 at 7:19 PM

ottawageordie2 – Thank you. I don’t always agree with what you have to say either but likewise, I enjoy reading your comments. I’m not here to agree with people, I’m here to discuss Toon stuff with fellow fans and maybe learn a thing or two. 🙂

I’ve challenged a few but pretty much given up now. They like to bypass the question and just bring up other things to deflect. I’ve been around long enough to recognise certain personalities…

• Romford mag

Jan 14, 2022 at 7:19 PM

tom

EVERYTHING !

• Scythe

Jan 14, 2022 at 7:19 PM

Betty

I’m not going to lie, I groaned when I read that one. So… congratulations? 🙂

• Mund

Jan 14, 2022 at 7:19 PM

pittsburgh_toon

Yea mate I’d swap Fraser for Murphy and play Willock or Miggy. Prefer Willock but he needs to step it up a bit and improve. Miggy infuriates me with his end product but love his work rate. I think if we had a quality and strong CM who can do a lot of the defensive work it would allow our other midfielders to be able to express themselves more.

• Mund

Jan 14, 2022 at 7:20 PM

But completely blind to your own personality? No surprise 🙄

• Tom

Jan 14, 2022 at 7:21 PM

ROM …

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

• Ashingtoon62

Jan 14, 2022 at 7:21 PM

Pittsburgh_toon
    Manq is suspended mate..

• ottawageordie2

Jan 14, 2022 at 7:23 PM

Tom No I haven’t. I hardly go out except to go to the wine store or Costco. My wife does all the other shopping. Something is spreading like wildfire right now and I’m trying to avoid all contact for the moment. Hopefully we will be okay by the summer. Anyway, how would I recognize him? lol. Unless he has NUFC tattooed on his forehead.