web analytics

Newcastle Linked With Midfielder Who’s Compared With Greats – Coutinho, Firmino, Salah, And Mane

The Star have an exclusive out today that both Newcastle United and tomorrow’s opponents Watford are in transfer talks to acquire Nantes Ligue 1 forward Ludovic Blas.

The 24-year-old joined Nantes from EA Guingamp in the summer of 2019 and since then the forward has played 87 games for Nantes with 26 goals and 7 assists.

He has also played for the France U20 side and he was part of France’s U19 European Championship squad back in 2016 when they won the European U19 Championship.

The report suggests that he has been labeled as talented as  Mohamed Salah, and other Liverpool greats, but if that’s true, why isn’t he in the current full French squad?

To be fair, he has been a star at Nantes over the last two seasons, with the player usually playing on the right wing, although he can also play in central midfield.

His five-year contract with Nantes runs out in June 2024, and he is now attracting interest, at least from Newcastle and our opponents tomorrow afternoon, Watford.

Former Liverpool midfielder Pedro Chirivella has said this about Blas in the French magazine So Foot

“When it comes to pure talent, I rate Ludovic Blas above all others.”

“I played with Coutinho, Firmino, Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane, I know what they are capable of.”

“And when I see what “Ludo” is doing in training or in games, he has nothing to envy them when it comes to talent.”

Our heads are starting to spin with all the transfer links to players we have seen this month, but it does show the Newcastle recruitment team and owners have done their homework.

And Newcastle seem determined to bring in two centers-backs, another striker, and also a central midfielder before the month is out.

Maybe Ludovic Blas will be the central midfielder?

What do you think?

How Will Newcastle Do Against Watford On Saturday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• simon376

Jan 14, 2022 at 11:26 PM

NY

Right wondered what he was being interviewed on, got some questions texted so guessed he must be. He asked who likely to sign and who the fans are hoping for, so knew must be on something

• Fenham to Chalfont

Jan 14, 2022 at 11:26 PM

Jail,

Rather than going home you should have stayed with Magic and got on it. Then the match tomorrow is a certainty. But you’d be on the naught step with the missus, but it would be worth it in sure. Gonna be a cracking game tomorrow. 😉

• Swablr

Jan 14, 2022 at 11:27 PM

Aye Jail, that link with your family was a mind blower and no mistake. Small world!

• NY Mag

Jan 14, 2022 at 11:29 PM

Simon,

As I said, I haven’t watched it yet. But going to next….
    Maybe you’ll get a mention mate 🙂

• Raj of Hailsley

Jan 14, 2022 at 11:29 PM

simon376
    😀

• Swablr

Jan 14, 2022 at 11:30 PM

Beddy byes now. Zzzzzzzz

• Raj of Hailsley

Jan 14, 2022 at 11:30 PM

FtC,
    Moi, clubbing in Newcastle 😀

• Raj of Hailsley

Jan 14, 2022 at 11:32 PM

Swablr,
    Lovely to meet you, good luck tomorrow 🙂

• martoon

Jan 14, 2022 at 11:34 PM

Jail and Swablr it was great to meet up and put faces to names. Very kind of Magic to treat us. They fell asleep in the car so not sure much clubbing and pulling geordie lasses will happen 😆

• Fenham to Chalfont

Jan 14, 2022 at 11:36 PM

Jail,

Bless him lol. Cannot wait to read his stories as to what he’s got up to, then again he won’t be able to share it on a blog with woman and children reading.

• NY Mag

Jan 14, 2022 at 11:37 PM

Martoon,

Don’t add realism to the dream 🙂

• Adamn_92

Jan 14, 2022 at 11:37 PM

With magicmac at the match tomorrow bringing his luck of the Irish, I’m more confident than ever that we’ll get the win!

Of course if we lose however I’m totally blaming magicmac 🙂

• Fenham to Chalfont

Jan 14, 2022 at 11:37 PM

They fell.asleep in the car, was Lesh there haha 😀

• captainmarvel

Jan 14, 2022 at 11:37 PM

Jail it is not certain you will get it unless it is ormicron I think that’s it? Both my granddaughters had delta my daughter slept in the same room and never caught it. Neither did my wife. I know a couple where he caught it but his wife did not it is strange but it happens..
    Try and keep your distance if you can that is..

• NY Mag

Jan 14, 2022 at 11:39 PM

Adam,

I’m totally blaming you for even thinking that 😀

• Adamn_92

Jan 14, 2022 at 11:41 PM

NY

Damn, I’ll have to ask magicmac for forgiveness if he’s not too hungover tomorrow! 🙂

• Raj of Hailsley

Jan 14, 2022 at 11:44 PM

captainmarvel,
    I was going to sleep on the couch but as I say she must have turned the heating off a couple of hours ago and it’s getting cold down here. Foot it, I’m taking my chances in the big bed 😀

• Ace50

Jan 14, 2022 at 11:51 PM

Top to tail Jail

• NY Mag

Jan 14, 2022 at 11:56 PM

I would put your chances between bob hope and no hope……one’s got a serious handicap and the other doesn’t bare thinking about 🙂

• WLtoon

Jan 15, 2022 at 12:18 AM

• Assassins Inc

Jan 15, 2022 at 12:20 AM

Not sure why we are not or maybe we are.
    But Van de Beek on loan with option in summer wouldn’t be bad business right.
    He was amazing at Ajax, just doesn’t fit right within Man U way of play.
    Honestly his form at Ajax was of a world class player, he must be better on paper in what we have now in Midfield.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jan 15, 2022 at 12:27 AM

Jail

Sounds like a great night out, bet the blog had a few mentions! 🙂

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jan 15, 2022 at 12:28 AM

14 Hours 33 Minutes to KO.

• simon376

Jan 15, 2022 at 12:30 AM

NY

No mention as talking about so much other stuff. At least I do get a mention in his book!!

• lesh

Jan 15, 2022 at 12:42 AM

Fenham

@133

Was there any need for the question about me? Or was it an attempt at humour?

You don’t help yourself and I did suggest that people in glass houses, shouldn’t throw stones.

Might you have forgotten about some comments you made about Black Lives Matter etc a few weeks ago?

• carltoon

Jan 15, 2022 at 12:52 AM

Lesh, it was just a bit of fun with Betty, but i do think you target Mund for no reason. I will be going to the match and hope we get a good result.

• lesh

Jan 15, 2022 at 12:54 AM

Carltoon

Enjoy the match.

• ottawageordie2

Jan 15, 2022 at 1:10 AM

Lesh: lighten up. It seems you take many things personally and get upset. Did you see my post about CSN? Just being friendly. There needs to be more of in the blog. It’s not a competition. Just an exchange of points of view. It should be fun.

• JP...from The Rock

Jan 15, 2022 at 1:19 AM

Could this be Eddie Howe hinting that Ekitike could be a late transfer window signing as he is focusing on other pressing issues (defense) right now? – That line of there’s a time to sign youngsters for the future.

• lesh

Jan 15, 2022 at 1:59 AM

ottawageordie2

@148

Sorry for the belated response to your post. It’s been a busy day one way and another.

I must say I thought the Springsten et al take on Teach Your Children was a big line and not helped by the poor video. It wasn’t a patch on CSN’s version. You’ve been lucky to see ’em and sadly, Like many others, l’ll be denied that pleasure.

I watched a recently made programme about Crosby and it was sad to see. He’s had his share of problems and seems to have been the one behind various bands splitting. Such a shame that he and Graham Nash couldn’t hit it off – musically, a perfect match but their split seems irreconcilable

Crosby, like Van the man, an angry man who’s written some lovely songs.

Enjoy your music.

• lesh

Jan 15, 2022 at 2:02 AM

Ottawageordie2

@150

A correction…..

Teach Your Children was a *bit lame* (not big line).

🙄

• Mister Tuff

Jan 15, 2022 at 2:10 AM

Lesh – are you attracted to these angry dudes – might be a common denominator.

Maybe some yoga or breathing exercises might help you dispel this rage.

Mmmmmmmmmm- inhale – hold your breath and exhale – repeat for ten minutes.

• lesh

Jan 15, 2022 at 2:17 AM

Mister Tuff

Your anger seems to have abated and that’s a good sign. Can we take it you’ve been given some potion that’s vented your spleen? 😉

As far as being ‘attracted to these angry dudes’, no way.

• lesh

Jan 15, 2022 at 2:20 AM

Tuff

I tried your deep breathing suggestion (inhale – hold your breath and exhale – repeat for ten minutes) but found I couldn’t hold my breath for 10 minutes; eight was the best I could do.

• lesh

Jan 15, 2022 at 2:28 AM

Mund

At risk of being accused of picking on you, can I ask you to try your very best to conjure up a tide-turning result today. Be the first to break the news of each of the many goals going into Watford’s net.

• Mister Tuff

Jan 15, 2022 at 2:33 AM

Wow – holding your breath for 8 minutes – amazing you can do this (this even beats the times free divers can achieve).

But I suppose average amount of air for a wind bag.

hahahahahaha – another corker.

• AnyToon in Indiana

Jan 15, 2022 at 2:38 AM

Lots of new names being thrown around the last 24 hours….could be moving on or perhaps just the appearance of moving on to bring an acceptance of an already proposed bid telling some other teams that was our best last offer. Hard for some european teams to pass up 30 mil if they feel they risk losing it by taking it one offer too far.

• Scythe

Jan 15, 2022 at 3:45 AM

AnyToon in Indiana

The Twitter attention seekers are going to generate new names for potential signings because they can’t keep repeating the same old names over and over (Botman, etc.) so expect to see us linked with a million more players.

Truth is, nobody outside of the club has any idea what plans they’ve got and who they’re truly targeting. It’s all pure guesswork 🙂

• Zhongguo Geordie

Jan 15, 2022 at 4:53 AM

Really losing my patience with the FFL. I’d spent an hour tweeking my team for a free hit and full subs which would have gave me 30 players, only to be caught out once again by the dastardly friday night fixtures which show as Saturday games in my timezone. I’m going to be in the bottom 4 after this despite having more points than the guy at the top and all my hits bar triple captain to use.

• Zhongguo Geordie

Jan 15, 2022 at 4:57 AM

I was thinking Wood wouldn’t fit into Howe’s possesion and passing system, and was more the guy we should have had the last 4 years. But Howe is pretty well known for strong wingplay and getting crosses in to the box. So now I can see where Wood will fit in. We have so many wingers too.