web analytics

Newcastle Linked With Midfielder Who’s Compared With Greats – Coutinho, Firmino, Salah, And Mane

The Star have an exclusive out today that both Newcastle United and tomorrow’s opponents Watford are in transfer talks to acquire Nantes Ligue 1 forward Ludovic Blas.

The 24-year-old joined Nantes from EA Guingamp in the summer of 2019 and since then the forward has played 87 games for Nantes with 26 goals and 7 assists.

He has also played for the France U20 side and he was part of France’s U19 European Championship squad back in 2016 when they won the European U19 Championship.

The report suggests that he has been labeled as talented as  Mohamed Salah, and other Liverpool greats, but if that’s true, why isn’t he in the current full French squad?

To be fair, he has been a star at Nantes over the last two seasons, with the player usually playing on the right wing, although he can also play in central midfield.

His five-year contract with Nantes runs out in June 2024, and he is now attracting interest, at least from Newcastle and our opponents tomorrow afternoon, Watford.

Former Liverpool midfielder Pedro Chirivella has said this about Blas in the French magazine So Foot

“When it comes to pure talent, I rate Ludovic Blas above all others.”

“I played with Coutinho, Firmino, Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane, I know what they are capable of.”

“And when I see what “Ludo” is doing in training or in games, he has nothing to envy them when it comes to talent.”

Our heads are starting to spin with all the transfer links to players we have seen this month, but it does show the Newcastle recruitment team and owners have done their homework.

And Newcastle seem determined to bring in two centers-backs, another striker, and also a central midfielder before the month is out.

Maybe Ludovic Blas will be the central midfielder?

What do you think?

How Will Newcastle Do Against Watford On Saturday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Zhongguo Geordie

Jan 15, 2022 at 5:07 AM

Praying Lewis or Dummet plays tonight. The first thing I do when looking at a team sheet is break it down into numbers. Those that contribute to defending, and those that contribute to attacking. Without Lewis and Hayden we have 3 defensive types on the pitch, with Lewis it is 4, and even then Lewis and Trippier are attack minded defenders. Usually you have 5 defending as a bare minimum, 4 defenders and a defensive midfielder. And if you have attack minded fullbacks you probably need two defensive midfielders to balance the numbers out. Going in with just three who meaningfully contribute to defence is suicidal, and I feel sorry for Lascelles and Schar. They’re the equivalent of when we just used to leave Joelinton standing upfront on his own and hoped he’d better the several players around him. I have the feeling once we get a battler in midfield we will be twice the team we are now.

• DubaiMicky

Jan 15, 2022 at 5:13 AM

ZG, good summary above, our problem is twofold, we can’t defend and can’t score, or at least we couldn’t until today.

I’ll take a scrappy 1-0 win that turns out being an own goal that deflects in off Lascelles arse.

We just need those three points, I expect Watford to chuck 11 behind the ball and us to come out attacking.

• sing in the corner

Jan 15, 2022 at 6:48 AM

The temptation is always to sling aerial balls forward when you get a target man like Chris Wood. I really hope he hits the ground running..we need him to..
    Let’s not expect too much of him though.
    Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad to have him, but he is what he is. It’s not as if we were attracting a queue of goalscorers and we HAD to get someone in pronto, so he was probably the best fit available to us right now.
    He has been out of form, granted in a poor team. Hope the new start changes that!
    Howay the lads!

• Wor B

Jan 15, 2022 at 6:54 AM

# He’s bought a house near Ponteland
    And comes from down in New Zealand
    He’s footin good
    Wor Chrissy Wood

• DubaiMicky

Jan 15, 2022 at 6:57 AM

SitC, I think that his poor form will go out of the window when he walks out onto wor hallowed turf with 48,000 screaming Geordies wanting him to score.

I think he’ll move into overdrive.

Odds on a hat-trick for him i wonder?

• sing in the corner

Jan 15, 2022 at 7:07 AM

Chris Wood prem appearances: all 17 games.
    Goals: 3
    Assists: 0

Needs service, like all strikers.
    He should get more of that here…

• Wor B

Jan 15, 2022 at 7:11 AM

ZG

Chin up on the FPL mate, you may be sliding down the H2H league but you’re the runaway leader in the excuses table…

1. ZG Different time zone
    2. ITTiantoon. Proper personal issues
    3. Wor B. Feeling a bit poorly

😆

• sing in the corner

Jan 15, 2022 at 7:13 AM

I’m just lowering expectations Micky.
    No, I’m not Steve Bruce 🙂
    But his goalscoring has been on a downward trajectory over the last few seasons.

Now if he gets 2 or 3 today.. nice surprise!

• Wor B

Jan 15, 2022 at 7:17 AM

Listen to Micky, he knows.

Nailed on hat-trick for Wood today.

Vodka on ya cornflakes people, start the day with a buzz!

• Zhongguo Geordie

Jan 15, 2022 at 7:28 AM

Really looking forward to tonights game. We totally outclassed them last time. I believe it was the after match against Leeds when Jones came down from the stands and changed our formation, so we had seemingly let Jones go all out attack. Once again we were unlucky.

In terms of players, we aren’t that much improved. Wood is almost like for like with Wilson, maybe slightly better especially with regards to overall teamwork. So although we have two new players we are only one better off compared to when Wilson was fit. Two signings should boost morale though.

• Munster Mag

Jan 15, 2022 at 7:53 AM

ZG, was thinking same re 160. I think Eddie’s ideal striker will have height touch and running power, although most would have that. Wood doesn’t offer the athletic closing down gene that he wants in a high press but suits us now. Clever buy, pity the match isn’t on TV.

Hey you’re boyRagnick isn’t doing well, but I doubt those man u boys suit his beliefs

• Munster Mag

Jan 15, 2022 at 8:02 AM

Magicman hope you are having a great time in the Toon with Jail and Co. Feel sorry for the guys next to you after your curry and pints :). A win and MOTD wud be lush. Munster won in France last night, into quarter finals of European Cup :). Just need Eddie and Co to do the double.

Jail hope you keep the lurgy at bay. Look after my fellow countryman!

• lesh

Jan 15, 2022 at 8:25 AM

Tuff

@156

Of course eight minutes is one helluva long time for anyone to hold their breath, let alone me.

But being so quick to jump on such a preposterous suggestion, your true self is evident.

• Zhongguo Geordie

Jan 15, 2022 at 8:28 AM

Rangnick hasn’t managed for many years so he’s mostly known as a DoF. He’d have been worth a risk as manager for a team near the bottom a few years ago, as we were, providing he’s got players fit enough to suit his system. Man Utd will prosper massively once he starts bringing in young players and identifying the best young managers.

The DoF is by far the most important job to get right, as a good DoF means a long line of good managers and scouts, which means good players, which means good profits and bigger budgets. And a bad one will ultimately sink a club with poor choices. Ashley didn’t even bother hiring one, just left it to Charnley who was the worst of the worst. Just look at the names we’ve had since SBR.

Southampton will prosper too now they’ve got that guy from Brentford in as DoF. And I still rate Hassenhutl very highly. Almost all the managers are proper tacticians these days. The last wave of dinosaurs are mostly gone. It’s your pal and Mourinho are the next wave who time is catching up with.

• Raj of Hailsley

Jan 15, 2022 at 8:29 AM

50K screaming Geordies and an Irish man fir Portadown.

• NY Mag

Jan 15, 2022 at 8:39 AM

WB @ 164,

Very good…..but I don’t think the bard needs to be overly worried 😀

• Lord Scatterbrain

Jan 15, 2022 at 8:40 AM

Magicmac54…wherever and whenever you wake up this morning, don’t stop for breakfast…keep going lad…there’s plenty pre match entertainment to keep you occupied, and the win today will give you the adrenalin to keep going til the wee hours.

Matchday food is for mackems…drink your way through it!

All the best mate…immerse yourself in the Geordie wonderland…it’ll stay with you forever

Enjoy!

Onwards and upwards

Sheikh rattle and roll!

• TheTinman

Jan 15, 2022 at 8:49 AM

Ashingtoon, double Watford attack?? Shame on you.

• Fenham to Chalfont

Jan 15, 2022 at 8:53 AM

Morning all,

Happy match day, it’s the most of looked for to a game in a very long time. Of course I Ve looked for to recent games as since being taken over has provided me with so much more optimism. But today we should see Trippier and wood in full flow, they will both be right up for this game

Wood will be in their faces from the start and in going for a 3-0 victory and a wood brace. Will hopefully be bouncing on here later. Out tbe bottom 3 for tbe first time in ages will lift the players psychological feel and with more good players coming in next week in time to play Leeds that will hopefully be another 3 points. Wood plays well against Leeds also by the way. Then we have a nice two week break with the lads jetting out to Saudi Arabia for a good bit of team bonding. Today is when the rejuvenation starts 🙂

• Wor B

Jan 15, 2022 at 8:59 AM

NY Mag

New Zealand’s a tough rhyme, probably easier if he was from Kazakhstan!

🙂

• Fenham to Chalfont

Jan 15, 2022 at 9:03 AM

lesh

Jan 15, 2022 at 12:42 AM

It was an attempt at banter. What you bringing BLM into it for? Yet again you have to be bloody political don’t you. You are clearly a man (think you are one?) That does not understand Geordie criac/banter…

Are you the type who glues himself to the M25 as an insulate Britain activist? This is a football blog and you are allowed to talk football but I trust you are not capable? You should try it one day it may surprise you and us. What do you think the result will be today 😉

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 15, 2022 at 9:06 AM

Well, my golf competition has been cancelled due to fog… 🙁

Hoping the football improves my day!

• martoon

Jan 15, 2022 at 9:07 AM

Jail @175 50k screaming geordies and two Irish men from Portadown 😀

• Mund

Jan 15, 2022 at 9:07 AM

Anyone got morning Wood?

MATCHDAY

HWTL

• Fenham to Chalfont

Jan 15, 2022 at 9:11 AM

I’ve just realised my post #179 has so much errors in it. I really do need to proof read before submitting. It’s Auto correct on this bloody phone honest 😀

• NY Mag

Jan 15, 2022 at 9:11 AM

WB,

Then he’d be Borat 🙂

• Fenham to Chalfont

Jan 15, 2022 at 9:11 AM

Mund,

Haha aye I did mate. 😉

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 15, 2022 at 9:12 AM

Jail – good luck avoiding the lurgy and hope your family are ok!

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 15, 2022 at 9:14 AM

FtC – I think everyone got the gist of it! Though, you may as well have just typed “Toon army” 50 times and we’d still get the same gist! 🙂

• NY Mag

Jan 15, 2022 at 9:15 AM

Mund,

Is that like being a tree hugger 🙂

• Mund

Jan 15, 2022 at 9:17 AM

Fenham

Excited for today mate! Can’t wait!

NY

Well that’s what the Mrs says 😉

• Fenham to Chalfont

Jan 15, 2022 at 9:24 AM

Mund,

I’m too excited for today’s match. I’m hoping to get at Watford right from the off, get right in their faces. Hopefully we get an early goal or 2 to settle the nerves. If all goes to plan then we are out the bottom 3 and that is huge with Leeds next up

They must not cock this up as a win is an absolute must for me, nothing else but a win today. It’s a huge 6 pointer.

• Munster Mag

Jan 15, 2022 at 9:24 AM

Fenham @ 187

Just stop!! 🙂

• Munster Mag

Jan 15, 2022 at 9:27 AM

TDS, there is no lurghy. Deaths haven’t gone up and its a construct to make a few pharma guys lots of bucks. Honest guv!

I have me coat, on my way out 🙂

• Bills Son Is Back

Jan 15, 2022 at 9:28 AM

I just hope we don’t get beat today.

I think it would be a huge downer, in a different way as big as the downer I had after Man U beat us 1-0 at home the season we threw away the title.

HWWood

HWEddie

HWTL

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 15, 2022 at 9:30 AM

Munster – as long as a certain person doesn’t see that, I think your joke is safe! 🙂

• Moonraker15

Jan 15, 2022 at 9:30 AM

We are absolutely nailed on to win today. We’ve had no luck this season and today it will change.
    Wood will score and all of a sudden the negative pundits will be back tracking and saying what an inspired signing wood was!
    Howay the lads!

• Mund

Jan 15, 2022 at 9:32 AM

Fenham

Massive isn’t it. They need to step up and have a point to prove after last week and I too think they will come out the blocks fast. Need to show something today.

Hate the wait tho!

• Lord Scatterbrain

Jan 15, 2022 at 9:32 AM

Got a house full watching the game today…got talked into giving up me tickets to my son’s girlfriends brother who’s never been before!…I defo get over generous when I’m pissed!

Got up this morning and put on me Newcastle United dressing gown for an hour

Got a shower in me black and white tiled bathroom.

Wor me Newcastle United pinnie to make me match day breakfast…bacon, mushroom and Poached egg stottie!

All drinks (both non alcoholic and alcoholic) will be drunk out of me pint pot Newcastle mug…currently enjoying a green tea!

Mckewans export chilling in the fridge ready for the midday yard arm call.

Just donned me favourite Newcastle blue star retro shirt and now all set for the game!

Match day rituals eh!