web analytics

Newcastle Linked With Midfielder Who’s Compared With Greats – Coutinho, Firmino, Salah, And Mane

The Star have an exclusive out today that both Newcastle United and tomorrow’s opponents Watford are in transfer talks to acquire Nantes Ligue 1 forward Ludovic Blas.

The 24-year-old joined Nantes from EA Guingamp in the summer of 2019 and since then the forward has played 87 games for Nantes with 26 goals and 7 assists.

He has also played for the France U20 side and he was part of France’s U19 European Championship squad back in 2016 when they won the European U19 Championship.

The report suggests that he has been labeled as talented as  Mohamed Salah, and other Liverpool greats, but if that’s true, why isn’t he in the current full French squad?

To be fair, he has been a star at Nantes over the last two seasons, with the player usually playing on the right wing, although he can also play in central midfield.

His five-year contract with Nantes runs out in June 2024, and he is now attracting interest, at least from Newcastle and our opponents tomorrow afternoon, Watford.

Former Liverpool midfielder Pedro Chirivella has said this about Blas in the French magazine So Foot

“When it comes to pure talent, I rate Ludovic Blas above all others.”

“I played with Coutinho, Firmino, Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane, I know what they are capable of.”

“And when I see what “Ludo” is doing in training or in games, he has nothing to envy them when it comes to talent.”

Our heads are starting to spin with all the transfer links to players we have seen this month, but it does show the Newcastle recruitment team and owners have done their homework.

And Newcastle seem determined to bring in two centers-backs, another striker, and also a central midfielder before the month is out.

Maybe Ludovic Blas will be the central midfielder?

What do you think?

How Will Newcastle Do Against Watford On Saturday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Fenham to Chalfont

Jan 15, 2022 at 9:37 AM

Munster,

When it happens it happens lol 😀

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 15, 2022 at 9:38 AM

Already having a bit of banter with my Watford supporting friend. He’s expecting them to lose…

• NY Mag

Jan 15, 2022 at 9:41 AM

Mund,

LOL….as long as it’s not cold outside.

It’s -28C here, so I’ve got nee chance (hibernation) 🙂

• hibbit

Jan 15, 2022 at 9:41 AM

Fenham
    lesh is a west end lad just like your good self, he knows all about Geordie humour when it suits him !!

• Fenham to Chalfont

Jan 15, 2022 at 9:44 AM

I’m not even thinking of anything other than a fine Newcastle performance and 3 points. I hope we play well and the manner we play in. Moonraker you are very right there mate re we are yet to be lucky this season. Luck with the previous manager (if we can call him that) kept us up last season. They say luck balances itself out so we are absolutely due luck. Sometimes you make your own luck and with the new players and incoming ones then I’m very very confident we will be absolutely fine this season.

The game today cannot come quick enough. It’s where it all starts. 🙂

• Mund

Jan 15, 2022 at 9:46 AM

NY

Crikey! That is cold like mate, definitely hibernation time

It’s 4 degrees were I’m at and I think it’s boltic outside. Went to the shop this morning and nearly fell on my arse about 4 times, icy as foot.

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 15, 2022 at 9:49 AM

FtC – we’ve definitely not had the luck so far this season. Though we did get a bit to get our first win I think?

Not sure what I’m doing at 3pm but I know I’ll be following the match intently!

• Fenham to Chalfont

Jan 15, 2022 at 9:49 AM

Hibbet

Morning to you, when it suites him aye. It doesn’t suite him though that’s the problem. 😉

• Ashingtoon62

Jan 15, 2022 at 9:51 AM

The Tinman
    2 pts each from them today and a massive haul,against Bornly.. 😆

• Fenham to Chalfont

Jan 15, 2022 at 9:56 AM

TDS,

I’m hoping we play them off the park today. Their manager is a wily one, he does know how to get a result and huge luck has followed him in his management career. However that luck will run out today as I am very confident we now have wood in the team. Without him today I’d be less confident that’s for sure. The wood signing will turn out to be a fine piece of business. He is exactly what we need. The guy will be right up for the game today and will get his form back. New exciting start for him and shall prove all the doubters wrong.

• Ashingtoon62

Jan 15, 2022 at 9:57 AM

Jail
    pleased last night went well for yous,sorry I couldn’t make it.
    I hope Magic hasn’t woke up in a dingy flat in Dumpling Hall.. 😆
    I thought he might have posted by now..

Good luck with the lurgy test and I hope the family are ok.
    My grand-daughter’s partner had it and she never got it.
    My next door neighbours (4 of them) have had it twice but the husband never got it..
    Off to the grandsons footy practice..
    Laters. HWTL!!

• Bills Son Is Back

Jan 15, 2022 at 9:57 AM

NY

First time I went to New York it was December and there was a huge freeze going on down the east coast – the TV was showing people throwing buckets of water out the door and it was ice before it hit the ground.

I went to the top of the Empire State Building and when I walked round to the windward side my head felt like a lump of ice in seconds. I’ve never felt cold like it.

• The Bard of Bensham Bank

Jan 15, 2022 at 9:58 AM

Big game at Longleat, or so they say
    But not as big as our game today
    A win will surely change our season
    And I think we’ll do it for this very reason

We’re facing the Hornets and the crowd will be buzzin’
    They’ll be our extra man, it’ll be like playing with a dozen
    We’ll be swarming around them and deliver a sting
    When Woody heads home a Trippier cross from the wing

Then as we ease away from the relegation zone
    We can sign one or two more with a couple on loan
    This is our final year to think we might just go down
    And soon the boys at the top will find there’s a new kid in town

• The Bard of Bensham Bank

Jan 15, 2022 at 9:59 AM

For anyone who missed it when he signed:

Chrissy Wood, He don’t care
    He’ll knock you out with a fckn stare
    With a knick knack paddy whack
    We’re not gannin doon
    Cos Chrissy Wood plays for the Toon

Oooh,Chrissy Chrissy
    Chrissy Chrissy Chrissy Chrissy
    Chrissy Wood

• Lord Scatterbrain

Jan 15, 2022 at 10:00 AM

Heresy!…has someone got two Watford players in their Fantasy football team today!

I thought is was an unwritten rule that you are not allowed match day opponent players in your Fantasy footy team!!!!

Is that not sacrasant?…punishable by a public flogging with a kipper a la EGB?

Rules is rules lads…it’s not all about the winning!…where’s your loyalty!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂

Onwards and upwards

Sheikh rattle and roll

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 15, 2022 at 10:02 AM

FtC – signing a striker was huge for this important game. Even if we overpaid by millions based on his market value, it could be a bargain in the scheme of things.

Ranieri is a wily manager for sure but they have a poor defence too. Expecting a few goals but we should have the edge.

• Lord Scatterbrain

Jan 15, 2022 at 10:03 AM

Thumbs up for Umtiti…I’m just worried about his song!

• Fenham to Chalfont

Jan 15, 2022 at 10:05 AM

NY

-28 wtf???? Do you chase penguins out the kitchen on a morning? That’s rediculously cold. This country would stop in it’s tracks at those temperatures.

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 15, 2022 at 10:05 AM

Have Dennis in my FPL team. To soften the blow if he scores against us but mainly for the Burnley game. 😉 if it goes ahead…

• Not another deJong

Jan 15, 2022 at 10:07 AM

Trippier will be on Footy Focus
    Article describes his ascendency

• Lord Scatterbrain

Jan 15, 2022 at 10:08 AM

EGB…get the kippers out the freezer mate…TDS, who I guess is not too far from you has put his hands up for some kipper time!

Make sure they’re proper wet and cold!

Onwards and upwards

Sheikh rattle and roll

• NY Mag

Jan 15, 2022 at 10:08 AM

Ash,

Magic can’t post, ‘cos he still trying to figure out how to escape from the slappers flat in Gateshead 😀

• NY Mag

Jan 15, 2022 at 10:10 AM

Fenham,

Aye, it’s a tad chilly today, don’t worry it’s gonna warm up and snow tomorrow 🙂

• martoon

Jan 15, 2022 at 10:12 AM

Ashingtoon62 @211 The state they were in when I dropped them off they’ll do well to make the match 😀

• WLtoon

Jan 15, 2022 at 10:12 AM

Morning all, tried getting some kip after my nightshift but im failing miserably, too much on my mind, i.e. todays game.
    If there is a god please let us have the 3 points , thank you.

Yours sincerely
    WLToon

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 15, 2022 at 10:13 AM

Lord Scatterbrain – sarf is a big place mate! 😉

I’m just west of London in Surrey but always up for some kippers!

• WLtoon

Jan 15, 2022 at 10:15 AM

Martoon,

Wish i could of made it last night but needs must im afraid, sounds like you had a good night and Magicmac had a skinfull 🙂

• Fenham to Chalfont

Jan 15, 2022 at 10:17 AM

Hibbit,

Samual Umtiti was a great player a few years ago and unfortunately Lost his way a wee bit. If he can recapture his form under Eddie then that’s a no brainer. However he’s not played much so far this season and may take him a while to get up to the required speed needed for the PL

• lesh

Jan 15, 2022 at 10:19 AM

Fenham

As far as I know, banter is usually friendly but between relative strangers, it can be misconstrued despite the fact that I do have a feel for Geordie craic and variations between areas.

Again, you demonstrate a selective memory and without going into the minutae, also make erroneous presumptions about my beliefs.

Hibbit

For information, I was born and brought up in Heaton, the east side of Newcastle, same school as the good Dr Ed as a matter of fact.

Anyway, enough and let’s hope for a good performance and three points for the lads.

• Lord Scatterbrain

Jan 15, 2022 at 10:20 AM

TDS…especially when being served by a buxom beauty with all the gear on I bet!

Don’t forget the butter!

• WLtoon

Jan 15, 2022 at 10:24 AM

Big Joe up against Sissoko should be interesting, two big lads wanting to dominate the midfield could end up a right old battle, lets hope the young pup comes out on top and helps the lads get the 3 points.

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 15, 2022 at 10:26 AM

Lord Scatterbrain – I recall being in Budapest for a stag do being served great food by buxom wenches and drinking good beer too. Fun all around!

• DubaiMicky

Jan 15, 2022 at 10:27 AM

26c here, that’s +26, not -26.

I agree on the NYC thing, was there for Christmas/New Year 2011/12, couldn’t believe how cold it was, worst was last Feb in me, stepped out of O’Hare to an Ice Storm, I didn’t even have a coat – but hey, I’m a Geordie, we don’t need coats!

Still thinking 2-0 us with Wood having his hat trick goal ruled out by an incorrect VAR decision.

• Fenham to Chalfont

Jan 15, 2022 at 10:34 AM

52 degree swing, just proves we are the length and breadth of the world this amazing fan base. We are everywhere. When I was traveling the world in the Oil & Gas industry, you’d always met a Geordie, believe it or not Boro lads also when in that industry.

• NY Mag

Jan 15, 2022 at 10:38 AM

Lads,

I totally agree with your comments….the weather can be brutal over here. But NYC is kinda mild compared to what we get upstate.

Scythe (who is south east of me) and Ottawa (who is north west of me) will no doubt attest to that.

We’re bracing ourselves for the first winter storm, due to hit tomorrow night (possibly 1-2 feet of snow)…….of course if we win today I couldn’t give a flying foot about any of it 🙂

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Jan 15, 2022 at 10:56 AM

@TDS

Went to a stag in Budapest couple of years ago what a place! Perfect for a party!! Hahaha

On today’s game I hope Eddie is saying to Richie, Shelvey, Schar and whoever is in goal CUT OUT THE SILLY STUFF

1 4 5 6