web analytics

Eddie Howe Talks About New Signings And Latest Signing

Eddie Howe has given his press conference for the absolutely crucial game at home to Watford tomorrow afternoon.

While we have signed two excellent players in Kieran Trippier and Chris Wood have been signed for around £35M in total, we still need defenders brought in pronto to plug our extremely leaky defense.

There’s no chance of doing that before the game tomorrow’s game, so Howe will need to choose from the current defenders he has available.

A win will see Newcastle fans in wonderland, draw and we haven’t lost ground on the Hornets and a defeat will be a second devastating one for Newcastle and will continue to sound the alarm bells, in both Newcastle and Saudi Arabia

Here’s what Eddie Howe said about transfers and our latest transfer recruit – Chris Wood, in this morning’s press conference:

“We’re looking. We’ve got time left in the window and we know we need to move quickly and try to add more players.

“We’re still active in the market, but no immediate news to give you.”

“Nothing will be new to him, nothing will faze him. He’s a person I admire as well from speaking to him.”

“Getting to know him in a very short period of time, I’ve been hugely impressed with his character and his attitude.”

Over 70% of our fans think we can win the game tomorrow against the Hornets – let’s hope they are right about that.

It will be very difficult to take another home defeat, in front of another sellout crowd.

🙁

How Will Newcastle Do Against Watford On Saturday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

What do you think?

• Tom

Jan 14, 2022 at 10:53 AM

• Vask

Jan 14, 2022 at 10:53 AM

Hard to believe Manq has 5 yellows, I don’t remember him playing that many games this season.

• TheTinman

Jan 14, 2022 at 10:53 AM

Wor B, then enjoy planning!

• Vask

Jan 14, 2022 at 10:55 AM

TDs

Yeah I was thinking Hendrick and send woodman out on loan. Forgot Issac is out for the rest of the season. Didn’t know about fede.

• barkel

Jan 14, 2022 at 10:56 AM

Burnley game off tomorrow. So a win for us and we’re defo out of the bottom 3. Will be good for confidence

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 14, 2022 at 10:57 AM

Vask – Looks likely that Hayden will be out for the rest of the season but I’m not 100%. I know it’s a long-term injury. I think the Fede injury isn’t a quick fix either but I haven’t seen that confirmed. I’d rather they were both back before the end of the season as they’re better than Hendrick and Clark!

• Vask

Jan 14, 2022 at 10:58 AM

If we get out the bottom 3 our PL status is really ours to lose. I’m really hoping for some momentum build up and hopefully we can get a bit of a winning streak going.

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 14, 2022 at 10:59 AM

barkel – Well that properly messes up my FPL plans…I played my free hit for this gameweek!

• Vask

Jan 14, 2022 at 11:00 AM

TDs

Yeah I like both of them better than hendrick and Clark. Clark has been a useful player over the years but the clangers he’s dropped this season are hard to forgive. Hendrick on the other hand I believe has been one of our more pointless signings in recent years.

• JP...from The Rock

Jan 14, 2022 at 11:07 AM

Burnley vs Leicester postponed. Burnley have got lucky there as it gives them time to find a replacement for Wood.

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 14, 2022 at 11:08 AM

Vask – Yeah, Clark has been a good servant but he was never a top-half level PL defender and he hasn’t got better with age. He’ll do a good job for a team in the Championship though. Hendrick had a couple of good seasons for Burnley I think but he was a typical Ashley signing. Signed on a free so seemed like a good deal financially (get an asset theoretically worth millions but cost very little) but also contributed virtually nothing on the pitch.

• Adamn_92

Jan 14, 2022 at 11:09 AM

Forgot entirely about Manquillo suspension, probably end up with Ritchie at left back then. Unless Trippier plays there and we see Murphy come in at right back.

Vask, I think it’s time we sold Woodman. He’s had so many loans with us now, I think it’s best for his career that he moves on and can get settled somewhere with being their number 1. I feel like if it was going to happen for him here, it would have happened by now. Probably less likely now more than ever with our takeover and possible goalkeeper upgrades in the next few seasons.

Shame as I always thought he was our future number 1 but just never really seemed to work out.

• Wor B

Jan 14, 2022 at 11:10 AM

TheTinman

Fcuk planning, my best results have come from a blindfold and pin.

• Munster Mag

Jan 14, 2022 at 11:11 AM

TDS, agree. I really respect our persistence, and of course this time we are persistently chasing – with real money – rather than the charades under the last regime….ie offer 6mill for a 20mil player. Increase to 10mill, fail, and then say we “couldnt get it over the line”

It seems that if we ( Im not sure who is deciding on the players …I guess Eddie, Nickson and Eddies Assistant) want to go for a guy, we really do go for it, and i dont think we have given up on Botman, although i think both Botman and Carlos are left footed, so assume we are only needing one.

Also, is Badiashile left sided?

I think we will keep Lascelles on the team if fit, and id agree with that. A whole new defence would be a serious risk.

• Raj of Hailsley

Jan 14, 2022 at 11:13 AM

Vask,
    People have got the info from champ manager which is apparently bloody accurate. You need to deregister a player in order to add a new one, the thinking is you can do that as many times as possible until the final submission after deadline.

• Munster Mag

Jan 14, 2022 at 11:13 AM

Adam I think Woodman was overrated by some on here and in fairness to Bruce, he took some grief for not accelerating the guy. But he doesnt look that great either way.Keeper is 100% a position we need to fix.

Id love to see us test Man City for their Irish guy, he’s v v good.

• DayvanCowboy

Jan 14, 2022 at 11:21 AM

regarding left back, wasn’t Lewis filmed back in training yesterday and Dummet now back in the squad?

• DayvanCowboy

Jan 14, 2022 at 11:26 AM

Also for left side centre back how we aren’t seeing any movement for Nico Schlotterbeck I’ll never know, in my opinion he’s a better player than Botman and would probably cost half the fee.

Goalkeeper wise I think Henderson from United would be my first choice followed by Andre Onana.