web analytics

Newcastle Increase Offer For Playmaker As Agreement Inches Closer – Report

After reports emerged earlier that Newcastle had reached an agreement in principle for Lyon midfielder Bruno Guimaraes, there is news coming out of France that an improved offer has now been tabled.

This comes from L’Equipe, who was one of the outlets to suggest a deal was already close to being reached for €40m. They are now reporting that Newcastle have upped the stakes with an offer of €42m plus an additional €10m in bonuses.

So it’s hard to gauge exactly where Newcastle stand in this pursuit with so many countering claims. However, L’Equipe feels an offer of this size could be the one that seals the deal for the 24-year-old.

The original report claimed a deal was agreed for the size of the fee but not the structure of Newcastle’s payments. This could be a case of Newcastle wanting to keep the five-year payment plan in place and are raising the overall offer to placate the cash-strapped French club.

Guimaraes is currently in Ecuador as Brazil prepares for tonight’s World Cup qualifier. Newcastle have verbally agreed to quadruple the playmaker’s wages and can formally start that process once an agreement with Lyon is reached.

Hopefully, this latest offer and whatever structure it holds will be accepted with little resistance. There are less than five days remaining in this window and Newcastle need some breakthroughs which have been hard to come by this month.

Who Was Newcastle's Man Of The Match In Massive Win At Leeds?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• The Dyslexic God

Jan 27, 2022 at 3:38 PM

I went down to Penny Lane in Liverpool, cost me £1 to get in!

• Mund

Jan 27, 2022 at 3:39 PM

Sky Sports News
    @SkySportsNews
    Newcastle are in talks with Bayer Leverkusen for Mitchel Bakker.

• Bills Son Is Back

Jan 27, 2022 at 3:40 PM

Jail

I offered the peace pipe in the first week of Jan – you might have missed it.

If you mention me and Ashley in the same post again it’s back to war 🙂

• Munster Mag

Jan 27, 2022 at 3:40 PM

Large number of hearts given by the blog when Fenham told Meldrew to cop the hell on the other day. Quelle surprise.

• Adamn_92

Jan 27, 2022 at 3:40 PM

SSN are so on the ball, their transfer center page online is still saying we have had £30m bid for Guimaraes accepted.

• The Dyslexic God

Jan 27, 2022 at 3:41 PM

Is that wor baby or two tribes go to war? Asking for a Frency

• Mund

Jan 27, 2022 at 3:44 PM

Fabrizio Romano
    @FabrizioRomano
    In case OL will decide to sell Bruno Guimarães to Newcastle [talks ongoing and progressing], they’re ready to invest part of the money to submit an official bid for Romain Faivre from Brest. Flag of France #OL

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jan 27, 2022 at 3:45 PM

I’ve just taken to dismissing anything other than the player being spotted travelling to the training ground for a medical as pure speculation. I can’t take all this back and forth, it’s so bloody stressful!

I’m longing for the days when we shut up shop 4pm on transfer deadline day and that we won’t pay £800k for Choudry’s loan fee!

• The Dyslexic God

Jan 27, 2022 at 3:45 PM

It will be an interesting few days in the market

• James Brewerton

Jan 27, 2022 at 3:47 PM

Wonder if we get anyone before window closes time running out 4 days left

• The Dyslexic God

Jan 27, 2022 at 3:47 PM

Ruddy Marveaux-lous you have to be more rigorous. Only when you see them with the shirt and pen in hand signing the contract

• Ketsbaia9

Jan 27, 2022 at 3:47 PM

I would go in for Yedlin. He’s available on a free and is better than what we have now.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jan 27, 2022 at 3:48 PM

Dyslexic – you’re right, they could take one look at the wheelie bin ice baths and be on the next flight out of there!

• Mund

Jan 27, 2022 at 3:48 PM

Keith Downie
    @SkySports_Keith
    3m
    The Newcastle United squad will be in attendance at the King Abdullah Sport City Stadium to watch tonight’s World Cup Qualifier between Saudi Arabia and Oman Flag of Saudi Arabia Flag of Oman #NUFC

• Mund

Jan 27, 2022 at 3:49 PM

Newcastle are in talks with Bayer Leverkusen for Mitchel Bakker. A proposed deal for Bakker could go on until Monday given the fact his club won’t let him go without lining up a replacement. [Sky Sports News] #NUFC

• Raj of Hailsley

Jan 27, 2022 at 3:49 PM

Yes Bill’s I seen it and accepted it as long as you didn’t bury it my heed 😀

• James Brewerton

Jan 27, 2022 at 3:50 PM

Cant see much movement over weekend if we want players from Europe it’s gonna have to be done by Friday no time to do it over the weekend too much paperwork covid so on. We can get premier League players tho but who

• Raj of Hailsley

Jan 27, 2022 at 3:50 PM

Yes Munster, and on the same night Anglos Saxon racked up a shed load for his post on it being acceptable to beat up gay people ‘in the good old days’

• The Prince's Mate

Jan 27, 2022 at 3:51 PM

Soss if this already mentioned…Ecuador vBrazil sky channel 412 9pm

• JP...from The Rock

Jan 27, 2022 at 3:52 PM

I would like us to get another midfielder in along with Bruno. We shouldn’t put all our eggs in one basket, imagine we manage to sign the lad and against Everton he gets a serious injury to pit him our for months. Then what do we do? (It would be just our luck, HBA anyone?) Another midfielder like say Lingard will alleviate those fears. Besides we need one more as our current midfielders aren’t good enough.

• Mund

Jan 27, 2022 at 3:52 PM

What a load of tosh

Biggest bullshitter on this blog.

It’s ok to say the Irish blow up shopping malls or make fun of suicide but daft lad wants to ride his high horse and point his finger

• The Dyslexic God

Jan 27, 2022 at 3:57 PM

Do You Mund take Jail.? And Jail, do you take Mund? And promise from this day forth not to invade the Ukraine?

• Wor B

Jan 27, 2022 at 3:57 PM

I’ve joined the -1 club!!!

🙂

And yes Regan, bins not a problem but I ain’t cutting the grass this time!

• Mund

Jan 27, 2022 at 3:59 PM

Traoré to Barcelona done deal

• Raj of Hailsley

Jan 27, 2022 at 3:59 PM

Mund,
    Give over on your hypocrisy, less than 24 hours after your faux outrage on my comment on wanting to top myself after reading a jimiley post, which I apologised for, yes less than 24 hours you made a joke about drink driving. Ten thousand people a year die from the selfishness of drink driving, twice that of suicide, but YOU YOU YOU don’t care about that because it hasn’t affected you. What was your response when I pointed this out, the theme to Eastenders, you didn’t give a foot that somebody reading might have suffered at the actions of a drink driver but because you know somebody. Bloody hypocrite.

• Regan

Jan 27, 2022 at 4:00 PM

Wor..
    No curly wurly if you don’t do the grass..

😳

• Mund

Jan 27, 2022 at 4:01 PM

The sound of straws clutching 🙄

Desperate for anything to say

It wasn’t even a badly worded joke but the twisty bitch goes to work.

Pathetic old man who wants to get a grip of himself

• Mund

Jan 27, 2022 at 4:02 PM

Rumour has it Raj is not a bad lad in person

Must be a weak bitch in the real world to come on here and act like Billy Big Bollocks then.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jan 27, 2022 at 4:02 PM

I think it’s fair to say that neither Jail nor Mund like each other so perhaps should just avoid engaging with one another in future?

• Mund

Jan 27, 2022 at 4:05 PM

Ruddy

What gives you that impression 😉

• Regan

Jan 27, 2022 at 4:06 PM

Time for the dentist appointment. .

We have an agreement we won’t hurt each other..

Have a good afternoon all..

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jan 27, 2022 at 4:06 PM

Mund

I’m not on here all that often, but any time I am it does appear that 90+% of the time you’re the aggressor seeking to get a rise out of Jail.

We get it, you don’t like the guy, but guess what, a lot of people don’t like you either but aren’t nitpicking every single thing you say.

Let it go, most of us would rather talk football than watch you two play out your bloody melodrama.

• Munster Mag

Jan 27, 2022 at 4:07 PM

You showed too much temper and a lack of judgement about Irish blowing up shops Jail, showed your hatred of me up, and looked a tool in the process.

Anyway, if people heart Anglo’s comment, it doesn’t mean their appreciation of Fenham’s negative comments about you are misplaced.

• Wor B

Jan 27, 2022 at 4:08 PM

Regan

Bins out + Grass cut + windows washed (downstairs only) = 2 curly wurlies and a sherbet fountain.

Final offer.

• Mund

Jan 27, 2022 at 4:08 PM

I’m not on here at all often

But it’s clear you are the aggressor 😆

Ffs man 🙄

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jan 27, 2022 at 4:10 PM

Mund

I should have clarifed “on” as in commenting. I read the blog most days. Rarely get through reading the comments without seeing you two going at each other. And yes, from what I can you’re most often the aggressor.

Long story short though – I really couldn’t care less. It looks pathetic and childish from the whole lot of you.

• Adamn_92

Jan 27, 2022 at 4:11 PM

Bakker, Burn and Bruno.

If we got the 3 B’s in before Monday, would people be satisfied? I personally think that would be a superb window. Both full back positions strengthened which have needed to be for a while (although Manquillo is still pretty handy imo), a creative and disruptive midfielder in Bruno bought in which will help the midfield area immensely, Burn in to give us options at center half and can cover at left back and a proven striker in Wood who can do us a job and maybe even pair with Wilson in a month or so.

That would be more than enough for me. In all honesty, even if we only get Bruno in. I’d still think we had a good window and have enough to stay up. Have been improving, not lost to anyone around us and then have a major midfield boost for rest of the season.

• Mund

Jan 27, 2022 at 4:11 PM

Thanks for your input as always Ruddy 😎

• Adamn_92

Jan 27, 2022 at 4:12 PM

Ruddy

Honestly good luck getting any point over. I think they both secretly enjoy it or else it would have stopped aaaaages ago haha

• Raj of Hailsley

Jan 27, 2022 at 4:13 PM

Munster,
    I don’t even know why I said it was from anger, it wasn’t, it was a joke that I thought you walked in to, as i say it wasn’t appropriate for a footballing blog and I apologised. As I said Ricky Gervais made a very similar joke in a Dublin theatre not long previously and brought the house down (pardon the pun 😀 ) The ledge and a few other Irish posters saw the funny side of it and some didn’t. As I say I apologised and that should have been the end of it.