web analytics

Video – Bruno Guimarães’ Amazing Skills, Goals And Assists

If we can get Bruno Guimaraes to Newcastle from Lyon, he will make a huge difference to the team.

He is a 6ft tall 24-year-old current Brazilian International midfielder and as well as helping to shore up the leaky Newcastle defense, he is really a box-to-box midfielder and like most Brazilians, he has skills galore.

Joelinton and this lad in the Newcastle midfield, plus Shelvey and Joe Willock, could turn Newcastle into a much better team in our final 17 games of what is a crucial season for Newcastle.

Bruno Guimaraes is just what we need.

But we are not counting our chickens before they hatch because Newcastle have still not agreed fully with the terms of the fee.

The lad seems desperate to join the famous Newcastle United club, and he is pushing for the move while he is on duty with the Brazilian squad.

We have been here before – but the Newcastle owners must know that the signing of this lad could be a game-changer.

Just look at the skills of the player, but we will hold our breath until he’s actually signed and becomes a Newcastle player!

What do you think?

• Paully

Jan 27, 2022 at 11:02 AM

Fist

• TheJimBelow

Jan 27, 2022 at 11:02 AM

Finger

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jan 27, 2022 at 11:04 AM

Of all the players we have been linked to, this is the one I least expected would come to fruition and would be most disappointed with if it fell through. He’s everything we need in that position and would transform us immediately.

Fingers crossed we get him over the dreaded proverbial line.

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 27, 2022 at 11:06 AM

Ruddy – I agree! This one seems like the kind of player than the top teams in the CL would be all over! Plus teams close to the CL. Man Utd, Arsenal, Real Madrid, maybe Juventus, all that kind of tier of club would be in for him you’d think. He’s a player who could help save us from relegation AND be starting for us in the Champions League in 4/5 years time.

I’ll be surprised, impressed, and delighted if we get him!

• BenbulbenMag

Jan 27, 2022 at 11:07 AM

Dennis Wise would be having palpitations right now ! All joking aside, I agree with Ruddy. I REALLY hope this one goes through.

• niafron

Jan 27, 2022 at 11:09 AM

@TDS

Yes it’s correct translation, but one more time, it’s not about the amount, juste the time to pay ( NUFC want five years, Lyon try to reduce that period ).

But every sources in France tell the same story: the deal is done.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jan 27, 2022 at 11:10 AM

TDS

It’s the hope that kills you isn’t it?! Completely agree, hence why I’m surprised why many other clubs aren’t seeking to hijack the deal €40m isn’t breaking the bank for the likes of Juve, Arsenal or Man U – teams who need reinforcements in this area, so why aren’t they in for him? I’m less hopeful of this one as time goes by and I just hope we have back up plans for a similar style of player if it does fall through.

• niafron

Jan 27, 2022 at 11:10 AM

Sure, as usual, we got to stay careful until it’s not signed.

Still 24 hours to wait, many things could happen. First that damn game tonight…

• JP...from The Rock

Jan 27, 2022 at 11:11 AM

Ruddy – I would be gutted if we didn’t get him now. Would be a massive upgrade to our midfield. Though our apparent alternative to him is just as impressive – Palhinha of Sporting Lisbon. Either would be class.

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 27, 2022 at 11:12 AM

niafron – Works for me. But I’ve worked on enough deals to know that it’s never done until it’s signed. Can agree the basic terms and be so close discussing details but you never know what can happen. Another player could get injured, this player could get injured, the manager could leave, a takeover could be announced, his ideal club could come in for him due to an injury of their player…all sorts.

Hopefully there are no gotcha contractual issues as they’ve done this 100s of times before.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jan 27, 2022 at 11:12 AM

@Niafron

I really hope the reporting in France is accurate, and it’s great to have you here relaying the information from the French news outlets for us here on the blog. I remember you doing the same back in 2012/13 when we signed the likes of Yanga-M’biwa, Sissoko, Gouffran etc back in the day. Great to get your insights.

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 27, 2022 at 11:16 AM

Ruddy – Yep. It definitely does surprise me. Maybe he’s just sold on our project? Maybe he’s best friends with Big Joe? Maybe he’s a Toon fan? Maybe he loved Goal? Maybe his biggest sponsor is from KSA?

I’m sure the club with have had dozens of targets on their list at the beginning of the window. I know I would and I’ve zero experience in professional football! Probably down to a handful in each position by now though.

• niafron

Jan 27, 2022 at 11:17 AM

Especially, Brazil got his ticket for the WC since a while, so this game is useless for them… and at 9000 ft…

Hope the brazilian coach will be clever and let the lad on the bench.

• toongoat

Jan 27, 2022 at 11:19 AM

Jesus that music is dreadful!

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jan 27, 2022 at 11:20 AM

JP – Gutted is the right word. I was disappointed when deals for Diego Carlos and Botman fell through, as with Lingaard though I still think there is life in some of these deals yet. But if this one falls through, gutted is exactly the emotion I’d experience. Can’t say I’m familiar with the chap you’ve mentioned from Sporting Lisbon though, must check him out.

TDS – You’re right, there are any number of reasons why players would be sold on the Newcastle project. We certainly shouldn’t be selling ourselves short especially when we’re looking at the long-term plans. Compare us to Arsenal. While Arsenal have a richer CL tradition, have won PLs and FA Cups, they don’t look like a club capable of competing for football’s highest honours in the next 3-5 years while we certainly are aiming to do exactly that.

• niafron

Jan 27, 2022 at 11:27 AM

@Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Thank you… hope one day, we will have guys from Germany, Spain and Italia doing the same on that blog. Even perhaps from South America.

Could happen if we really become a top european club, would be nice…

• cleveleysbob

Jan 27, 2022 at 11:34 AM

Rom from previous, I think that was the story but couldn’t open your link 🙂

Anyone else had that issue? It’s only started after I installed the adblocker. It will only open approx 1 in 3 links now to Twitter, YouTube ones are no problem. Ideas appreciated.