web analytics

Newcastle Against Brighton – Team Prediction, Injuries, And Fan Expectations

Here again is the team I suspect Eddie Howe will name for today’s match against Brighton. It is an unchanged side from the one that defeated Brentford 2-0 last weekend.

Howe is unlikely to change things during such a positive run. He admitted as much in his press conference yesterday. The Magpies not in the team currently will most likely have to wait at least another week.

That could include Allan Saint-Maximin, who faces a late fitness test. The winger will probably at least make the bench but with the recent performances of Ryan Fraser and Jacob Murphy, there is no rush to include Allan in the starting eleven just yet.

Newcastle still have three long-term injuries with Matt Ritchie set to return to training next week. Brighton will be without top center-back Adam Webster.

Newcastle Injuries

Callum Wilson (calf), Kieran Trippier (foot), Matt Ritchie (knee), Allan Saint-Maximin (calf – late fitness test)

Brighton Injuries

Adam Webster (groin), Enock Mwepu (hamstring), Adam Lallano (hamstring – late fitness test), Jeremy Sarmiento (hamstring – late fitness test)

The fans are very confident of a victory with 75% expecting the lads to collect all three points today. Only 6% see Newcastle’s unbeaten stretch coming to an end.

How Will Newcastle Do Against Brighton On Saturday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

The Seagulls are on a three match losing streak which they will be desperate to halt. With Newcastle just four points above the drop zone, this is another monumental match for Howe and the lads.

A win could pad the cushion to the bottom three significantly heading into our three away matches next week. The crowd at St. James’ Park will be fully behind the boys in what will be another electric atmosphere.

• Romford mag

Mar 5, 2022 at 10:11 AM

๐Ÿ™‚

• Sparky

Mar 5, 2022 at 10:14 AM

ALWAYS LURKING!

• Romford mag

Mar 5, 2022 at 10:16 AM

Sparky

Always mate ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Fenham to Chalfont

Mar 5, 2022 at 10:17 AM

Rom the lurker strikes again. The smile in your avatar says it all haha

• Romford mag

Mar 5, 2022 at 10:18 AM

Even when I’m not here , I’m here ! ๐Ÿ˜€

• Sparky

Mar 5, 2022 at 10:18 AM

Wasn’t that a criminal offence back in the day…

Lurking with intent!

I got done for being “simple drunk” when I was 17…it’s basically being helplessly drunk…not drunk and disorderly…just massively pissed and incapable of looking after myself.

It was my first ever session in a pub.

Police took me back to the cells to sleep it off!

better policing back then!

• Fenham to Chalfont

Mar 5, 2022 at 10:19 AM

Very haunting lol

• Romford mag

Mar 5, 2022 at 10:19 AM

Guilty as charged m’lud

• Mister Tuff

Mar 5, 2022 at 10:19 AM

Brighton are on a downward spiral – I fancy walloping them 3 or 4 nil.

Our players plus Eddie Howe must surely have loads of confidence now – compared to a couple of months back.

• Romford mag

Mar 5, 2022 at 10:20 AM

Back to lurking !

Catch you for the match ! Laters ๐Ÿ™‚

• Fenham to Chalfont

Mar 5, 2022 at 10:20 AM

Sparky,

Them coppers were good in the 50s mate, decent compared to today ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Mund

Mar 5, 2022 at 10:21 AM

Better to be lurking firsts than washing lines ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Sparky

Mar 5, 2022 at 10:22 AM

Fenham…:D ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

Just wiping the tea off me screen!

• Romford mag

Mar 5, 2022 at 10:22 AM

The weather’s shite , so everyone’s using their tumble dryers ๐Ÿ™

• Sparky

Mar 5, 2022 at 10:24 AM

Me mates told me Fed special was the weakest beer they did

Kippered good and proper!

• Fenham to Chalfont

Mar 5, 2022 at 10:24 AM

Rom PMSL lol

• NY Mag

Mar 5, 2022 at 10:25 AM

The ghost of rombo,

Heโ€™s here when heโ€™s not hereโ€ฆ..you sir, are a legend!

• Toon fans bad

Mar 5, 2022 at 10:25 AM

Left me washing out one night.

Went to get it in the next day and someone had nicked me union jack boxer shorts and me garden gate. WT actual F? ๐Ÿ˜†

• Romford mag

Mar 5, 2022 at 10:26 AM

Errm sorry !

• Fenham to Chalfont

Mar 5, 2022 at 10:27 AM

Sparky,

Fed special Brew…. Woh now that is stuff where you drink it and wake up in a cell donning a forensic suit thinking whats happened gulp lol

• DubaiMicky

Mar 5, 2022 at 10:27 AM

Anyone else got that feeling of dread today or is it just me?

• wartongeordie

Mar 5, 2022 at 10:27 AM

Cannot wait for today’s game, haven’t felt like this for so long. 3 hard away games coming up but still think we might pick up a few points from them.

• Sparky

Mar 5, 2022 at 10:28 AM

no dread from a footballing perspective…only dread I have is if Fed breweries start up again!

• NY Mag

Mar 5, 2022 at 10:30 AM

Tfb,

I laughed uncontrollably at that comment and yet I have no idea what it meantโ€ฆ.sorry my bad ๐Ÿ™‚

• Fenham to Chalfont

Mar 5, 2022 at 10:31 AM

OK that’s me offskies for now, I’m off out to buy a tumble drier.

Will be on later and I hope this place will be bouncing after a cracking result performance. Laters all ๐Ÿ™‚

• NY Mag

Mar 5, 2022 at 10:32 AM

Micky,

No dread from me today, totally positive

• Bigjim67

Mar 5, 2022 at 10:37 AM

Sparky
    Fed brewery in dunstan had a cracking canteen, used to jump in the works van and go there in the mid 80’s at dinner time. Don’t know how we were allowed to just go in and get our baits, but was cheap as owt! Dinner and pudding for about a pound! Would get home and me mam would have mince and dumplings or steak and kidney pie on table! Would still eat it like.
    Looking forward to the game, would’ve loved to be there.
    Going for a 3-0 HWTL

• JohnJ

Mar 5, 2022 at 10:42 AM

DubaiMicky

I’m not awash with confidence – I wouldn’t put my house on it.

I’ll just be relieved to pick up another three points.

Fingers crossed and every thing else!!!

• Sparky

Mar 5, 2022 at 10:45 AM

Big Jim

I think I remember you drove through a massive entrance that had offices above?…a lovely red brick building? Huge as well

Am I thinking the right place

• WLtoon

Mar 5, 2022 at 10:47 AM

Morning fellow bloggers, the sun is out and the mood is good on here which is great to see.
    Brighton today , they have the voodoo sign over us and if we don`t beat them today i doubt we ever will, the form of both teams is total opposites.
    Is it a coincidence that their form has dipped since they lost Burn, i think Dunk is suspended too, so that leaves Duffy along with whoever to hold the fort against us.
    I think Max and Bruno will be on the bench, with Bruno coming on after 55 mins.
    I doubt Max will be risked tbh, he can`t be fully fit.

• Bigjim67

Mar 5, 2022 at 10:49 AM

Sparky
    Can’t remember, i would’ve been sitting in the back of the van on a wheel barrow or a paint tin lol.
    The canteen was massive though, used to get some dagger stares from the workers.
    I think the bloke who used to drive us there either was an ex employee or knew people who worked there.

• JohnJ

Mar 5, 2022 at 10:51 AM

there used to be a Cafe behind The Central Station that me and my marras used to go to after we’d been out on the lash in the toon. Great grub and as it was a British Rail Staff Cafe it was dead cheap – We were never asked “Are you BR Staff”

• WLtoon

Mar 5, 2022 at 10:52 AM

Talking of nicking things, my heard my neighbor cursing the fact that her Sunderland top was lying on the wet grass when she had hung it out to dry. Someone had pinched the close line pegs.

Ile get me coat

• WLtoon

Mar 5, 2022 at 10:58 AM

RIP Shane Warne.

I was never a cricket fan but he was some character, world class bowler, and had a fantastic life, shame it was cut short so quickly.

• sing in the corner

Mar 5, 2022 at 11:03 AM

WLtoon
    Aye, not a bad bloke.
    For an Aussie ๐Ÿ™‚
    The fun loving side of him was superb for cricket. Sledging at its funniest.
    Eg. Hounding Ian Bell with the ‘Shermanator’ look a like pish take.

• lesh

Mar 5, 2022 at 11:08 AM

JohnJ

@32

Aye, the Railway Canteen as we called it was a regular haunt for breakfast of a Sunday morning. Saturday night was a combination of any of a few pubs, then the Guys n Dolls, the Mussel Inn, the aGogo then the Downbeat ’till 5 or whatever time they cleared the place of those who slept on the floor, ’till we were asked to leave.

As you said, no questions unless our uniform of long hair, frayed jeans and combat or donkey jacket was taken for the railway’s uniform!

You’ll may remember you had to oay

• Davas

Mar 5, 2022 at 11:08 AM

Was going to post about how good a feeling it is on match day now but I just read BSIB’s post #197 on previous article. I haven’t read all the other posts yet but that post absolutely nails the way I feel (and more). Excellent post . Big thumbs up emoji.

• Bills Son Is Back

Mar 5, 2022 at 11:09 AM

On being drunk and getting arrested when a young un…

Back in the 70’s when I was 17/18 and had been on the lash with my mates if you missed the last train you joined the massive taxi queue outside the Central Station.

This night it was pishing down and after about 45 mins of waiting we got to the front of the queue and as the next taxi pulled up some older guys just shoved us out of the way and climbed in. Me being the raggie one started to try and pull one them out only for the coppers, who were always there to stop bother, to shove me out of the way and tell the taxi driver to get on his way.

I tried to tell the copper the craic but he said if I didn’t shut up he’d send me to the back of the queue. That just set me away even more and the next thing I was chucked in the black maria and shortly after ended up in a queue at the sergeants desk at Market Street police station.

I was mortified as I’d never been in any trouble + my mother always stayed up until I got home and made me a pan of chips before I went to bed. ๐Ÿ™‚

I tried to tell one of the coppers the tale why I shouldn’t even be there and when I didn’t shut up he gave me a big slap across the lughole.

When I got to the sergeants desk and told him the tale all he did was take my name and address, tell me to f..k off and shouted “next”.

I went back the taxi queue, waited another half and hour in the pishing rain and got home about 2am to find my mother standing on step with a face like thunder.

I still got my pan of chips though.

Happy days ๐Ÿ™‚

• lesh

Mar 5, 2022 at 11:13 AM

Whoops, @36 posted early….

JohnJ

@32

Aye, the Railway Canteen as we called it was a regular haunt for breakfast of a Sunday morning. Saturday night was a combination of any of a few pubs, then the Guys n Dolls, the Mussel Inn, the aGogo then the Downbeat โ€™till 5 or whatever time they cleared the place of those who slept on the floor, โ€™till we were asked to leave. The first buses didn’t start till after 7 or so.

As you said, no questions asked – unless our uniform of long hair, frayed jeans and combat or donkey jacket was taken for the railwayโ€™s!

I seem to remember we had to pay a deposit on the cutlery and what better breakfast than steak and kidney pie etc followed by home and crawling into bed!

Hey ho.

• Bills Son Is Back

Mar 5, 2022 at 11:14 AM

On Shane Warne and sledging…

Mike Gatting called him a fat Aussie c..t.

Warne replied…

“It’s your wife’s fault…

Every time I shag her she gives me a choccy biscuit.

๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚