web analytics

Striker Reveals Transformed Teammate Has Been A Big Hit In Dubai

Joelinton made his return to the side in our disappointing defeat at Everton before the break. Eddie Howe was weighing sitting the Brazilian for a third straight match to give his groin some extra rest.

However, it turns out Joelinton didn’t need the extra recovery time as he also played in the midweek friendly in Dubai, bagging himself one of Newcastle’s five goals. Allan Saint-Maximin and Dwight Gayle had braces in the hour-long practice match.

It appears that Joelinton has recovered from his groin problem, and hopefully Saint-Maximin is getting closer to full fitness ahead of Saturday’s clash at Tottenham. A match Newcastle need a result in to avoid a third straight defeat.

Callum Wilson, who is inching his way back to fitness, again spoke to the Footballer’s Football Podcaster. Joelinton’s prominence under Howe has become a popular topic of discussion in recent months.

Wilson spoke about his teammate but touched on a different aspect – how Joeinton is quite the character behind the scenes. Newcastle World has published the following from our reigning Player of the Season about Big Joe:

“When you’re in the club environment day-to-day, everyone is on a different timescale so you’re not actually all in one place at the same time even though you’re in the same building.

“Out here (in Dubai), when you’re all just around the pool, you do see that different side to them and their character.

“Joelinton is definitely somebody who you see him around the place, his English is fairly good but when you get him around an environment where you’re around the pool, having a laugh and a bit of banter… what a guy, what a character.

“It’s made me like him even more as a person and as a player. He’s definitely somebody who has stood out for me since we’ve been out here as a team. I’ve enjoyed his company.”

The pair seem to have an excellent relationship as Joelinton relinquished the number 9 to Wilson before this season. Joelinton has since been transformed into a very effective box-to-box midfielder.

He also seems to be getting a lot more comfortable as his English improves. It was a rough start for our record signing but things are looking very bright for his future under the magnificent Eddie Howe.

Mar 27, 2022 at 3:52 PM

Hello

Mar 27, 2022 at 3:53 PM

Mund,

Come into this room, Darnik jumped in and 3 is a crowd haha 😆

• Mister Tuff

Mar 27, 2022 at 3:54 PM

The blog is changing into a gay dating site. You boyzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz need to take yourselves off onto that Grinder site.

OOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the two of you are awful.

Mar 27, 2022 at 3:54 PM

Nah Darnik, you can come in also mate. We need to look after you at the moment mate. 😉

• Mister Tuff

Mar 27, 2022 at 3:55 PM

And whilst you are at it take the blog German with you and the Limerick windbag.

Mar 27, 2022 at 3:56 PM

Mister tuff get ooot and take that Big German sausage with you please.

Don’t be nasty about gays putting me in their bracket. Bang out of order.

• Darnik

Mar 27, 2022 at 4:04 PM

I’m not homophobic but I know what side my bread is buttered on, if it was carltoon saying that then fine 😉

• Mund

Mar 27, 2022 at 4:09 PM

What about Newcastle fans who are actually gay?

GTFO Tuff you miserable old git, your dinosaur ways are not wanted on here

The world has moved on

• Mund

Mar 27, 2022 at 4:10 PM

Fenham

From previous on Dubs

Hopefully that’s all it is mate. I could be wrong but I was made aware of that info so fingers crossed it isn’t all bad.

Mar 27, 2022 at 4:10 PM

Glad Joelinton does not have a hernia as first reported. When I heard it I assumed an operation would be needed and that’s the season over. He has been an absolute revelation has big joe. One of the biggest transformations in recent years IMO.

Hopefully Trippier and Wilson are back ASAP. I hoped Tripps would be back for the Spurs game but that’s not gonna happen. With those 2 back soon will really strengthen our team even more.

I’d be gutted for Wood if Wilson came straight back in as he has done so much good work since we signed him. I know only one goal but he works very hard for the team.

• lesh

Mar 27, 2022 at 4:12 PM

Darnik

You addressed a post at me on a previous thread (it started ‘Surely every newcastle fan must be happy with him now, I’m so happy personally, ….’) and I’m puzzled what you could be referring to.
    I’ve assumed it’s Eddie Howe.

In all honesty, I’m both surprised and delighted he’s had such a positive impact on the club and the players, considering the shambles Bruceyboy left behind.

Eddie Howe’s been like a breath of fresh air and let’s hope that we achieve the points to ensure Prem status soon and allow him and the powers that be plan for next season.

• lesh

Mar 27, 2022 at 4:18 PM

Tuff

Please accept my apologies for stumbling in on what seems to be a private chat.The stage is yours.

I’m sure the outcome will be of great interest.

• Darnik

Mar 27, 2022 at 4:21 PM

lesh
    Yes mate exactly that and I agree with everything you wrote re Howe, he really has been a relavation and I’m so pleased they chose him, he’s young enough and ambitious enough to take us where we want to go, I’m looking forward to the journey under him, bring it on

• DubaiMicky

Mar 27, 2022 at 4:23 PM

Hello.

Fenham you do make me laugh – i even watched your youtube vid.

Hello.

• Darnik

Mar 27, 2022 at 4:23 PM

Is it me you’re looking for

Mar 27, 2022 at 4:25 PM

Does Mr Tuff ever post anything football related? Was just wondering? He seems a very frustrated angry with the world old never has been. Strange little sicko Mister Tuff if you ask me 😆

• Mund

Mar 27, 2022 at 4:25 PM

Big Joe is in Disney Land with his missus right now.

Taking a well deserved break

Mar 27, 2022 at 4:25 PM

I can see it in Mr Tuffs cockeyed eyes

• Toon fans bad

Mar 27, 2022 at 4:27 PM

Darnik,

All the best for your upcoming op. You’ll be back at work hurdling garden gates when the resident dog is after you in no time pal 😆

Mar 27, 2022 at 4:28 PM

Micky,

Your new avatar, is that St Mary’s Lighthouse?

You definitely win all the best avatar of the month awards. 😆

• Mister Tuff

Mar 27, 2022 at 4:29 PM

Nowt the matter with gay fans.

Interesting that what I did say gets twisted into something that was never mentioned or intended.

If you boyyyyyyyyyzzzzzzzzzzzzz are trying to get off with one another it would be better perhaps not doing it on this site.

OOOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhhh you are awful.

Lefty Lesh – what the hell are you pratting on about. Looks like Matron has allowed you into the day room where the computer is.

• Mister Tuff

Mar 27, 2022 at 4:30 PM

Fenham – whilst I’m not saying you are an ugly git – have you ever considered entering a gurning competition.

• Darnik

Mar 27, 2022 at 4:32 PM

Toon fans bad
    Cheers mate, the dogs absolutely love me I always have a pocket full of gravy bones for them 😉 bribery gets you everywhere mate lol

• Mund

Mar 27, 2022 at 4:35 PM

Tuff has always been this way

He is a disgrace of a member who needs to have a better memory of what he has said and done on his time here.

Coming from someone who has his head up another posters arse, I do find his words hilarious 😆

Just a bitter and twisted old fool

• Darnik

Mar 27, 2022 at 4:38 PM

Lesh
    Just read back and the red wine must be working I meant revelation lol

Mar 27, 2022 at 4:38 PM

Before we know it there will be reports throughout Essex that Darnik will be Essex’s second most wanted man as he will be hurdling fences and hedges with Rom through all of Romford’s back gardens stealing washing off the washing lines. Like a double pronged assault. Dressed up like Batman and Robbin very only fools and horses-esk 😉

Mar 27, 2022 at 4:42 PM

Mister Tuff, now let us see yourself in your avatar. Come on you bag of old rusty bones let us see what you look like.

You won’t though as you strike me as a person that’s probably wanted by the police for something seedy and creepy.

Go on get yourself on and set the alarm bells off you old seedy creep 😆

• Zhongguo Geordie

Mar 27, 2022 at 4:43 PM

I’ll have to politely disagree about Wood working hard. I think he only managed to get his first tackle in during one of the last two matches and all his defensive stats are equally non existent. He doesn’t run about that much either. His passing is under 50% too. That’s incredible. Mr Magoo should be expected to hit 50%. To me, he looks well past it and the stats seem to show an even bleaker picture. Just because you look a bit knackered, doesn’t mean you’ve been covering ground. Most likely just means it’s time to call it a day. Look at Willock he’s all over the pitch but a few call him lazy because he makes it look easy. He probably has to train like hell to get fit enough to do that.

• JohnJ

Mar 27, 2022 at 4:45 PM

Big Archie

Mar 27, 2022 at 4:02 PM

Comment #21 (Previous thread)

Without a doubt, one of the strangest statements made.

“Eddie Howe will not sign any player in the summer who does not want to join Newcastle”

I understand exactly what is meant by “That Statement”
    Eddie woun’t sign hangers on!
    He won’t sign anyone who is after a fat pay cheque!
    He won’t sign anyone who is not prepared to give 110% for NUFC if he is in the team or not!
    He won’t sign any whimps!

He will only sign players who will always give 110% for the cause! and that’s exactly the way it should be. “One for all & All for one”

• Mister Tuff

Mar 27, 2022 at 4:47 PM

Fenham and Munderpants – please take your courting elsewhere. Do not need to see it on here.

Mar 27, 2022 at 4:48 PM

Mister Huff post something football related. Just anything, let us see your football savvy knowledge.

I know it’s an international break and the blog suffers because of this. But post something, anything football related. Don’t mention anything about German football either as we know how much your into Germans. You cannot hide it. 😳

• Mund

Mar 27, 2022 at 4:49 PM

Your craic stinks Tuff

Just to be clear here, I will fluff my feathers at Fenham all the more 😉

Now don’t be forgetting the things you’ve done, there’s a good boy

• JohnJ

Mar 27, 2022 at 4:51 PM

Eddie Howe was not my 1st choice to replace Mr Bruce after he departed.
    He was in my top three though!

I’ll tell you what though – I struggle to think who could have done as well as Eddie Howe! He’s a top man and a top manager and I hope he is assoiciated with Newcastle United for a long long time!!!

• Darnik

Mar 27, 2022 at 4:52 PM

Ftc
    My hurdling days are long gone mate, I’d love to meet up with Rom the pot washer mind I’d show him how us North East lads drink, but tbf he wouldn’t like my singing when we hit the karaoke bar 😆

• magicmac54

Mar 27, 2022 at 4:54 PM

Darnik

Good evening young man, i wish you all the very best of luck with your forthcoming operation, you always have a happy and positive attitude and that will always take you a long way in life, i have no doubt you will come out the otherside fit and healthy mate HWTL

• Darnik

Mar 27, 2022 at 4:57 PM

Magic
    Cheers for the nice words mate, you and I are similar with our happy go lucky attitudes but I have to admit mine is due to a drink problem 😆

Mar 27, 2022 at 4:57 PM

ZG,

Your post @27 interesting what you are saying there. I actually understand what you are saying to a point. But Wood, is much better than what you have put in your post mate IMO…

When I see Wood play, he puts himself above all over the pitch, he is defending at set pieces, and runs the line well. I appreciate he has not been great the last 2 games I will agree there . However since he came in he does so much of the donkey work up top and is most definitely a target to hit.

My opinion is he could do a wee bit better and that is down to confidence as I think he tries too hard to impress and that can effect your game hence why his last 2 games were not great.

He has won so many duels in the air and flicked the ball on, however unfortunately, we didn’t have the runner’s.

I like Wood, I do like his style of play, and he changed our whole dynamic when he started for us. He was that focal point we desperately needed and adds extra height where we are now dangerous from set pieces. When trippier gets back. That will be good for Wood as the deliveries will be better and more frequent.

• Darnik

Mar 27, 2022 at 5:01 PM

Ftc
    Wood hasn’t exactly lit up the world but I’m a fan of his, I do personally think he’s contributing to this team so WHEN we stay up its money well spent in my humble opinion

• DubaiMicky

Mar 27, 2022 at 5:03 PM

Fenham, it is indeed, so many great places we have in the North East, will be doing some from Northumberland next I think, by far the best County in the UK, not that I’m boased of course.

• Mister Tuff

Mar 27, 2022 at 5:04 PM

Munderpants – you do not need to fluff your feathers – your behaviour has worked and you have attracted Fenham to your bondage lair. No doubt you’ll have him/her tied up pronto with ropes and chains. Then the fun will begin.

Release the fool.