web analytics

This Signing Is Simply A No-Brainer For Newcastle – Probably Our First Signing This Summer

Newcastle are usually linked with every player under the sun during any transfer window.

And that linkage of course will only increase this summer, with 80% of Newcastle now owned by the Saudi Arabia Public Investment Fund (PIF), which is now worth a massive $620B, which converts to about £473B.

Yes – that’s with a B, and that’s now the 5th biggest PIF or Sovereign Wealth Fund of any country – in the world.

Matt Targett has been simply excellent for us this year since he signed on loan from Aston Villa.

There is a loan-to-buy fee said to be £15.3M, and he’s definitely worth that to fix our left-back problem.

Sky Sport northeast reporter Keith Downie has been talking to GiveMeSport, and he had this to say about Targett:

“I think the priority is to get Matt Targett in. I think they’re trying to juggle, but they’ve got an option in the Targett deal, so I fully expect that to be done.”

24-year-old Jamal Lewis has hardly been used at all by Eddie Howe, and he is not in the 25-man Premier League squad, since January.

So whether that means the former Norwich player, who has been capped 26 times by Northern Ireland, will be sold, or whether he will go out on loan we don’t know, but the lad needs games to improve.

And since January, when he refused a move to join Championship club Birmingham on loan, he hasn’t played any games.

Lewis signed a five-year contract with Newcastle United on 8 September 2020, so that still has three years to run.

We think it would be best to get him out on loan next season to a Championship club and see how he does.

In his first season on Tyneside Jamal played 24 games but this season he only played 6 times for the Magpie.

There’s a good player in there somewhere.

But Matt Targett has deserved his move to Newcastle and he will be our first signing in the summer, to make all five players who came in last January permanent signings.

If we can replicate the January transfer window this summer with another five players Eddie Howe wants, we should have a much-improved squad for next season and maybe a top 8 finish.

What do you think?

How Will Newcastle Do Against Leicester City On Sunday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Romford mag

Apr 13, 2022 at 6:58 PM

Hooray

• Mund

Apr 13, 2022 at 7:02 PM

Magic

Any dream is a possibility my mate 😎

Dream big! As big as you like, because it will no doubt come true in the not to distant future. Whatever happens it won’t disappoint, well until we lose a league title one year 😉

When the fixture list for next year drops after we retain our PL status, have a look at what dates you would think of coming over and I’ll ask. I can ask for it anytime, not guaranteed to get it but if it is available then I can sort it.

I’ll speak to him when next season comes around and see what the craic is and that but Ritchie the man himself said we are good to go again. A couple of the lads who I went with have booked it after the one we had, I know one was at the Wolves game with his family, so it can be sorted.

• Darnik

Apr 13, 2022 at 7:08 PM

He’s Not my idea of funny jail but each to their own and as I stated before it’s not just the bard but all alts that I don’t find remotely funny, when the sole reason of a poster coming on is to belittle another poster, that’s a hard pass for me thanks I prefer a quiet life where people show respect rather than childish digs disguised as banter

• Raj of Hailsley

Apr 13, 2022 at 7:11 PM

Darnik,
    I don’t think The Bard is an alt, he used to post as Bants but I can’t see a direct correlation between him and another poster. Tsunki possibly but he quite angrily denied it one day in a fleeting visit.

• Darnik

Apr 13, 2022 at 7:17 PM

Jail
    It’s not directly at him although I don’t agree with his tactics as in he never comes on to just chat, he comes on takes the piss and goes, I guess it’s cos we’ve got another one on now and they bore the foot out of me and yes probably because I’m boring but these accounts do nothing for the blog, or am I just getting old and miserable

• Romford mag

Apr 13, 2022 at 7:20 PM

Miserable old git 😀

• Dubai Micky

Apr 13, 2022 at 7:20 PM

Bard, I didn’t see it, went back and found it, it couldn’t have been further from the truth (hate the sun, hate sand, camels spit), but hey, it’s all entertainment, water off a duck’s back to me.

Carry on poeming (in the words of William T McGonnegal aka SpikeMilligan).

• CLINT FLICK

Apr 13, 2022 at 7:22 PM

How Edward,
    That was my line…

;D

😉

• Darnik

Apr 13, 2022 at 7:22 PM

Rom
    I was waiting for that from you 😆

• Romford mag

Apr 13, 2022 at 7:22 PM

Don’t know me well then 😉

• Darnik

Apr 13, 2022 at 7:23 PM

Too well mate you’ll be shouting for Ledge to kick my arse next 😉

• magicmac54

Apr 13, 2022 at 7:24 PM

Specially for Raj Jail and Mund 😀 😀 😀

• CLINT FLICK

Apr 13, 2022 at 7:24 PM

Didn’t understand the Lewis omission, injury? Training camp (internal?)

Was definitely improving!

• coming home

Apr 13, 2022 at 7:26 PM

Bard

Definitely your best work to date worth a repost

• Darnik

Apr 13, 2022 at 7:26 PM

Clint
    Didn’t he have an operation

• The Bard of Bensham Bank

Apr 13, 2022 at 7:29 PM

Darnik,

Just a bit of a laugh, but you can’t please all the people….

Micky,

Hope you gave it a heart!

Coming Home,

Why, thank you sir!

Must dash, dishes to do.

😉

• CLINT FLICK

Apr 13, 2022 at 7:29 PM

Darnik

I’ll give him an operation…
    😀
    Well, maybe sell him one.
    😀

No idea, mate.
    Maybe…i just don’t get the feeling Eddie wants shot.
    Weren’t there rumours of him not wanting a loan out?
    Knuck fows!

• Davas

Apr 13, 2022 at 7:30 PM

Clint

I think Lewis might have had an injury as I remember commenting that he may have turned down a loan so he could get fit (have an operation ?) and then get some fitness and experience under EH and his coaches ready for the new season.

• Sparky

Apr 13, 2022 at 7:32 PM

For the avoidance of doubt, Lord Scattercash has asked me let you all know Matt Targett is not part of the 120 million nett spend that will be undertaken in the summer!

Onwards and upwards

Sheikh rattle and bank-roll

• Lord Michael Fab

Apr 13, 2022 at 7:36 PM

I seem to have been talking to myself on the previous post and realised oh dear god, it is quiet in here, is there anybody present on this amazing blogging platform so I though hold on Tarquin, silly Mikey Boy you are indeed alone with nobody around, they have most definitely vacated the room. So here you go, the good guys and indeed gorgeous ladies that reside on here, enjoy as I need to share.

Well Hi there, would like to share a story about a strange event I had. So, one Saturday in the St Pancras Spar (Journey to Africa for One) I met a very strange odd looking and very smelly thing in which I can only describe as a walking talking bloody ogre and when I got chatting with this ghastly beast, who by the way was a big beastly man and as hairy as a Axminster Carpet with bulging crossed eyes, very ugly and with a vacant backwards confused expression across that deranged looking face.

Before I established or indeed asked which land the creature was native too, at first he sounded like he was Irish, then I thought no, no most definitely Northern Ireland, then I thought oh dear me he is Scottish with a Glaswegian twang, then I thought no, no he is definitely Welsh.

Then I eventually asked the smelly stranger where are you from dear sir? He said Sunderland, so I slapped his face as hard as I could and run for my life. I got away as I was far to agile and nimble for that smelly beast from the North East. I never went back to that Spa again, just in case!

• CLINT FLICK

Apr 13, 2022 at 7:36 PM

Davas/darnik
    Cheers lads…mystery solved.
    Or my confusion…
    😀

• Dubai Micky

Apr 13, 2022 at 7:45 PM

Michael Fabric*nt used to be my MP when I lived in Lichfield with the first ex-wife – not that I ever voted for him of course, way too left wing.

He certainly had an “interesting” life even in the 90s.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Apr 13, 2022 at 7:45 PM

Wor B

I reckon that most of us have sussed the Fab/LDavy connection! 🙂

‘Mostly harmless’ to quote the Hitchhikers Guide

• Essex Geordie Bill

Apr 13, 2022 at 7:48 PM

I read today that the Russian Mafia chief has a personal wealth of around £200 billion.

• magicmac54

Apr 13, 2022 at 7:53 PM

Mund

Thanks for the reply mate, and just to let you know i have my mate the Manure fan virtually converted into an Newcastle fan, he is very interested in going over again next season, and doesn`t even talk about Manure these days thank God 😀 In reference to Matt Ritchie`s box, what`s the situation if he gets transferred in the close season which seems very likely?

• Essex Geordie Bill

Apr 13, 2022 at 7:55 PM

Testing

• magicmac54

Apr 13, 2022 at 8:03 PM

In reference to the Bard, i think he brings a touch of panache good craic and humour to the Blog, once we start taking ourselves to seriously we have seriously lost the plot in my humble opinion. Ok Bath and Shower time HWTL

• Spot The Zebra

Apr 13, 2022 at 9:48 PM

Targett and Lewis hopefully our squads two left backs next season.