web analytics

Newcastle Unlikely To Meet Club’s Demands For Long-Term Target

With safety confirmed, the links to summer signings are likely to now increase. Fans can expect a very exciting summer though it may become overwhelming with the number and level of some of the targets.

There have been murmurings that Newcastle are trying to tempt Juventus striker Paolo Dybala, who is out of contract this summer. That seems very unlikely as we’ve already been priced out of a move for Jesse Lingard due to his wage demands.

Now The Mail is reporting that we could rival Manchester United for Napoli’s Victor Osimhen. The catch is he would cost north of £85m as Napoli paid £67m for him two years ago.

The 23-year-old has not done any damage to his reputation over the past two seasons with 27 goals and 9 assists over that span. He was initially linked with Newcastle in 2019 after joining Lille that summer.

His performances that season in France earned him his big move to Napoli. He is now one of the most coveted strikers in Europe with a price tag to match. Newcastle just aren’t in a position to pay that amount of money for one player.

The build will be a slow but exciting one. Newcastle reportedly are looking to add four to six players this summer. A striker is definitely on the agenda but I would be pleasantly surprised if a player like Osimhen, Dybala, or Benfica’s Darwin Nunez come through the door.

How Will Newcastle Do Against Arsenal On Monday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Romford mag

May 12, 2022 at 10:26 AM

🙂

• CLINT FLICK

May 12, 2022 at 10:27 AM

Rom

Mutton, but still quick off the mark, mate.

• Wor B

May 12, 2022 at 10:27 AM

Rom

Happy half century when it arrives, and welcome to the world of grown-ups.

However, it’s an optional membership, you can still talk nonsense on here regardless of your age.

Just look at Zorro, he’s the youngest on here and talks tripe all the time.

😆

• Romford mag

May 12, 2022 at 10:28 AM

Neil

I think we’d all be pleasantly surprised if any of those 3 rocked up 😀

• Mund

May 12, 2022 at 10:29 AM

Miles Starforth
    @milesstarforth
    14m
    Eddie Howe also suggested that Sean Longstaff was ‘very close’ to agreeing a new deal. #nufc

• CLINT FLICK

May 12, 2022 at 10:29 AM

Wor

You’re ad young as you…act!?!

😀

If in doubt…lie about ya age.

• Mund

May 12, 2022 at 10:29 AM

Newcastle United FC
    @NUFC
    9m
    Eddie Howe on Jonjo Shelvey:

“Jonjo has quite a serious calf injury, which is similar to the one he sustained at the start of the season. He’ll be out for a period of time but we expect him back for pre-season with no problems.”

• Mund

May 12, 2022 at 10:29 AM

Newcastle United FC
    @NUFC
    6m
    Eddie Howe on Joe Willock:

“Joe has had an issue with a tendon in his knee for a while. We thought we’d solved the problem but it’s come back. He needs a period of rest, he’s had a couple of injections, but we anticipate he’ll be fine for pre-season.”

• Davas

May 12, 2022 at 10:32 AM

Clint from previous

That would be a fantastic way to finish the season. Still find it hard to believe sometimes, looking back, how well we’ve done. Even if we don’t get another point it’s just great to have such positivity for next season.
    Richest club to be relegated. I think not. 🙂

• CLINT FLICK

May 12, 2022 at 10:35 AM

Dacas

I know mate, amazing really!
    We, as fans, must remember this, where we’ve been, where we’ve come from, what we’ve been thru!
    It’s important to keep some perspective and humbleness.

Manc fans still have some, even after becoming parenial winners.

• Davas

May 12, 2022 at 10:35 AM

Interesting from Greg Norman when being questioned about Saudi HR.

• CLINT FLICK

May 12, 2022 at 10:35 AM

*Davas, soz mate.

• cleveleysbob

May 12, 2022 at 10:36 AM

Gemini’s rule, loads on here. Big month June 22.

• CLINT FLICK

May 12, 2022 at 10:37 AM

😉

• Romford mag

May 12, 2022 at 10:39 AM

Bob

June 22 is noted mate 😉

I would ask how old , but you should never ask a lady her age ! 😀

Only jesting 😉

• Wor B

May 12, 2022 at 10:41 AM

Everyone knows it’s Virgoans that have it all, looks, charm, wit and intelligence.

Oh, and dodgy knees.

• cleveleysbob

May 12, 2022 at 10:42 AM

What I hope to never hear from our fans that you regularly do @ ManC, Arsenal, Chelsea…

The cry “C’mon City” or whoever. Think it’s massively disrespectful to their players who have brought them such a brilliant time in recent years.

I love hearing our fans singing their support and songs, but we never say “C’mon” and I hope we never do.

• Davas

May 12, 2022 at 10:42 AM

Clint
    No worries I knew you meant me 🙂

I don’t actually mind man city winning. They’re about the only other team I watch as I just love the way they play and I like pep as a manager. Plus they aren’t man u or Liverpool

• cleveleysbob

May 12, 2022 at 10:43 AM

Rom the 22 is the year mate! 😉

Comment mainly NUFC related for once. 😀

• Cool Hand Luke

May 12, 2022 at 10:44 AM

A man and his wife are awakened at 3:00 a.m. by a loud pounding on the door. The man gets up and goes to the door where a drunken stranger, standing in the pouring rain, is asking for a push.

“Not a chance,” says the husband, “it is 3:00 in the morning!” He slams the door and returns to bed.

“Who was that?” asked his wife.

“Just some drunk guy asking for a push,” he answers.

“Did you help him?” she asks.

“No, I did not, it’s 3 a.m. in the morning and it’s pouring out there!”

“Well, you have a short memory,” says his wife. “Can’t you remember about three months ago when we broke down, and those two guys helped us? I think you should help him.”

The man does as he is told, gets dressed, and goes out into the pounding rain. He calls out into the dark, “Hello, are you still there?”

“Yes,” comes back the answer.

“Do you still need a push?” calls out the husband.

“Yes, please!” comes the reply from the dark.

“Where are you?” asks the husband.

“Over here on the swing,” replies the drunk

• cleveleysbob

May 12, 2022 at 10:45 AM

Dodgy knees are universal, not just for Virgins.

• Wor B

May 12, 2022 at 10:48 AM

Cbob

😆

• Cool Hand Luke

May 12, 2022 at 10:50 AM

Two young guys appear in court after being arrested for smoking dope.

Two young guys appear in court after being arrested for smoking dope.

The judge says, “You seem like nice young men, and I’d like to give you a second chance instead of jail time. I want you to go out this weekend and try to convince others of the evils of drug use. I’ll see you back in court Monday.”

On Monday, the judge asks the first guy, “How did you do over the weekend?”

“Well, your honor, I persuaded 17 people to give up drugs forever.”

“Seventeen people? That’s wonderful. How did you do it? ”

“I used a diagram, your honor. I drew two circles like this: O o.

Then I told them that the big circle is your brain before drugs and the small circle is your brain after drugs.”

“That’s admirable,” says the judge.

Then he turns to the second guy. “And how did you do?”

“Well, your honor, I persuaded 156 people to give up drugs forever.”

“Wow!” says the judge.

“156 people! How did you manage to do that?”

“Well, I used a similar diagram,” the guy says.

“I drew two circles like this: o O.

Then I pointed to the little circle and said, ‘This is your asshole before prison… ‘”

• Toon_Barmy

May 12, 2022 at 11:08 AM

Let’s deal with facts. Who confirmed that we’ve been priced out of a move for lingard due to wage demands?

• Wor B

May 12, 2022 at 11:08 AM

CH Luke

Funny! Keep it going. 🙂

I like your pic also, that guy has a strong Northern European look to him, almost certainly of Anglo-Saxon descent. 😉

• Wor B

May 12, 2022 at 11:10 AM

Toon_Barmy

It was those big lads that ran away.

• Adamn_92

May 12, 2022 at 11:12 AM

Eddie Howe on the summer:

“FFP does impact what we can do in the summer but it doesn’t mean we’re totally without ambition. We’re well aware that we have to change the squad and we have to make improvements but it’s going to be a difficult balance.”