web analytics

Howe Responds To Taking Transfer Suggestions From His Players

A couple of very popular Magpies gave interviews recently in which they were asked which players they would like to see join Newcastle. Bruno Guimaraes named former Lyon teammate and fellow Brazilian Lucas Paqueta while Allan Saint-Maximin said Nantes attacker Ludovic Blas.

Guimaraes’s friendship with Paqueta, who has been on Newcastle’s radar since January, is well chronicled. Saint-Maximin has revealed that he has a strong friendship with his compatriot Blas, who was also linked in the last window.

This is what Allan told Goal.com when asked who he would sign for Newcastle:

“The coach has a well-defined idea of what he needs for his team. If I had to choose, it would be the heart that would speak. I would most certainly want my friends to join the club.

“I’m thinking for example of Ludovic Blas. I really like the person and what he also does at Nantes. He’s scored a lot of goals. He’s an essential element at Nantes… I know that Bruno is very fond of Paqueta.”

Allan even mentioned Bruno’s friendship with Paqueta in his response. Both Blas and Paqueta are very skillful attacking midfielders with Paqueta likely the more appealing target for Newcastle.

Paqueta is a full Brazilian international with 31 caps and still just 24 years old. Blas, also 24, is a former French U20 international with an impressive 32 goals for Nantes in just over 100 appearances.

In the wake of Bruno’s and Allan’s suggestions, Newcastle World asked Howe about whether he would take suggestions from his players on future signings. This was his response:

“I have signed players from many different sources over the years.

“I’ve never cut off any recommendation from anybody. But of course, I’d have to go through the right process of watching and analyzing the player to see if he’s right for the team.

“I’m aware of Bruno’s relationship, not just with him (Lucas Paqueta) but many of his ex-players.

“Certainly, it helps to have players play at the very highest level because those relationships and opinions can be very valuable.”

How Will Newcastle Do Against Arsenal On Monday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• TOMT

May 13, 2022 at 10:46 AM

the hole point is the so called big six are shitting it because they know whats coming.

• TOMT

May 13, 2022 at 10:46 AM

TDS .

at least you seen the funny side pmsl

• onmeedsun

May 13, 2022 at 10:47 AM

PIF perfectly entitled to bring green into one of our strips if they want to exploit the vast potential for footballing merchandise in Saudi. My only gripe is I don’t like green in any clothing!
    Looking forward to Monday night.
    WOR flags organising a flag display to end all flag displays, covering the whole ground. Get there early.

• ITUNDERASHELL

May 13, 2022 at 10:47 AM

ToonDarnSarf

May 13, 2022 at 10:41 AM

Exactly mate! Bring it on, and I just love those Brazilian shirts too.

• The Ledge

May 13, 2022 at 10:48 AM

“My view, I like the *leaked* shirt and I welcome Saudi ownership. That’s the thing about opinions, we’re all allowed one. And for what it’s worth, that’s mine”
    #NUFC

• The Ledge

May 13, 2022 at 10:48 AM

@Liam Kennedy’s opinion

• ITUNDERASHELL

May 13, 2022 at 10:49 AM

Black, White and GREEN are going to be very popular soon! The top 6 are really going to hate those colours soon.

• valle

May 13, 2022 at 10:49 AM

From watching the game between spurs and arsenal last night I could help but hoping to get a stadium like the one spurs have. I know we have allot of history connected to SJP, but holy moly that’s a cool stadium.

• CLINT FLICK

May 13, 2022 at 10:50 AM

Tom

…well, if farage is anti it, that can only be a good thing…

Excellent!

What a goon!
    😀

• Mund

May 13, 2022 at 10:51 AM

Ledge

There is a good copy of the Northman out now mate.

• ToonDarnSarf

May 13, 2022 at 10:52 AM

TOMT – the funny side about waffles? Even the word is funny! 🙂

The funny side about GB News and Nigel Farage? Not really. Sadly, it’s a long-proven method to appeal to disaffected people by blaming their problems on people on the “outside” to distract them from the reality that their problems are caused by people on the “inside”. It’s very calculated and not at all funny.

• CLINT FLICK

May 13, 2022 at 10:56 AM

Tds

Aye, regarding farago, classic separatist tactic…blame ‘outsiders’.

Awful, dangerous idiot, with way too much oxygen.

• Davas

May 13, 2022 at 11:10 AM

I don’t know whether the leaked shirt is genuine but I was going to put something similar to TDS when I saw Jane mention the link to KSA. The majority owners are Saudi. Why wouldn’t they want to exploit the market in their country irrespective of whether they are separate or not.

• cleveleysbob

May 13, 2022 at 11:11 AM

The kit…..

There are 2 issues;

Do you like it? Y/N

Is it inflammatory? Y/N

Personally, I’m stuck 50/50 on the like/dislike view, not enamoured, but not hating it.

As for the inference part. I’m totally happy with the idea of our 80% owners corporate colours being used to promote their Country along with our club. There will always be a minority of haters who are cuing up to hit us with a stick, the timings irrelevant.

Saudi Arabia are currently huge advertisers of their Country with massive glossy ads being carried by virtually every commercial network. Where are the haters lining up to attack their moral principles in taking the money? GBNews is one of those networks!!

Don’t take our eyes off the big picture. We need to grow our Commercial income massively to spend big money on players and salaries and stay within FFP limitations. Shirt sales worldwide will become a valuable part of that income stream and we need to capitalise on our Saudi owners links within Saudi and get young Saudis wearing our shirts and not Liverpool or ManU ones. If using our owners corporate colours achieves this – good.

The answer to anyone questioning the link to KSA is simply to say “they are the corporate colours of our Owners – PIF”. Beyond that, stuff em. 🙂

• Tyran21

May 13, 2022 at 11:48 AM

Those people going ape with the white and green away strip is hilarious and childish. Tottenham associate with Russia with the white/red and blue crest? Just a strip to me, the owners have every rights to choose the colours.