web analytics

New Away Shirt ‘Confirmed’ To Be Green And White

Earlier this week, a Twitter user named Ayça tweeted out leaked photos of the home and third kits for next season. The home shirt was a traditional black and white stripes with the third shirt being dark blue with gold trim.

Ayça has now tweeted a leaked image of the away kit. It is white with green trim which will not come as a surprise to many.

The Mail is confirming that this is in fact the away shirt for next season. It does reflect the influence of the Saudi PIF at the club. PIF’s governor, Yasir Al-Rumayyan, is a chairman at Newcastle and has attended a few of our games this season.

The fact that the shirt will be green and white will give some in the press another reason to criticize Newcastle United. However, that is something fans will have to get used to as the club rises back to prominence in the coming seasons.

It appears that these three leaked kits will adorn the lads for the 2022/23 season. Newcastle have two matches to close out this season with safety being confirmed on Wednesday evening.

The summer is shaping up to be a very exciting one. There will be much work to do before next season kicks off in August. What an exciting few months, and beyond, we could have ahead of us.

How Will Newcastle Do Against Arsenal On Monday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Wor B

May 13, 2022 at 9:37 AM

New word entry for next year’s OED…

“Beermonkey’d”

To be mugged in FPL by an absent manager’s team.

😆

• Howay

May 13, 2022 at 9:39 AM

Luke Edwards is a lazy journo who’s using the Saudi connection as cheap cover.

Personally I like the Green and White shirts, resemblance to the Saudi National Team matters not one jot to me, thing is I’ve got a choice, I like the shirt so I’ll buy one, if someone doesn’t like it no worries don’t buy one.

Journos and football commentators carry a bias, mostly Liverpool and Man U supporters, they are doing the establishments bidding, any ammunition against NUFC they’ll use to tarnish and damage public opinion against us.

• Mund

May 13, 2022 at 9:39 AM

dazzler

It’s a bit different mate.

Look I get it’s your opinion you don’t like it and have moral reasons and I can’t say anything against that.

I’ve got no problem with it tho and I’ll always have the stance of fck the media

• Adamn_92

May 13, 2022 at 9:41 AM

Tom

I agree, think it looks very cheap. Can only go by the photo though, so maybe in person it looks better and looks/feels better quality. But it does look cheap from that photo, like a generic football top you could get for £10 in any sporting shop. If they charge £50 – £60 for that it’s daylight robbery from Castore.

• Mund

May 13, 2022 at 9:44 AM

Aguero’s statue oops:

What on Earth!

• Mund

May 13, 2022 at 9:44 AM

😳

• TOMT

May 13, 2022 at 9:51 AM

Adam . agree with you about the top it looks like something you get out of a charity shop . i just they shouldnt even think of using that green and white strip at this moment in time , the Saudi’s fought hard to get our club i dont think that they are that stupid to jeopardize it do you ?

• The Ledge

May 13, 2022 at 9:52 AM

Love the new colours on tge away kit .
    It will look very good with the Saudi Golf sponsors.
    Couldn’t give two f.cks if it’s the KSA colours or not.

• Mund

May 13, 2022 at 9:54 AM

I’d say wait till the kit is fully complete before thinking’s it’s naff

I personally like it and I like the fact it represent Saudi colours as I think it will sell millions upon millions

• TOMT

May 13, 2022 at 9:54 AM

IM gonna be totally honest i cant stand the Castore strips much rather we went back with Adidas .

• TOMT

May 13, 2022 at 9:58 AM

mund /ledge im not going against your opinions after everyone is entitled to have their own , my only worry is the PL and the so called big six are looking for any little reason to foot us over we dont want that to happen to us what happened with chelsea DO WE ?

• TOMT

May 13, 2022 at 9:58 AM

after all *

• Toon_Barmy

May 13, 2022 at 10:00 AM

I knew when i first seen the leaked shirt that it was going to cause controversy but it’s just a football shirt ffs. Haters gonna hate

• valle

May 13, 2022 at 10:27 AM

We have to accept that other fans are going to hate us. But in my opinion thats fine. They can hate all they want. The only reason they do hate us, is because we are now a threat and because they are jealous. So I would much rather they hate us, instead of good old, soft Newcastle they can always take points off.

• Stevo

May 13, 2022 at 8:58 PM

It’s not the green and white that’s the problem. It’s how cheap and nasty it looks! Same as the home shirt that’s been banded about. I thought Puma were bad, Castore on another level. Can we have Adidas back asap.

• LocalHero77

May 13, 2022 at 9:11 PM

I don’t care what the press think about this, its not the point. The identity is the City and the People, all that heritage – and that’s never been for sale. We have been conditioned into hopeless optimists over many a heartbreaking year and in this Honeymoon period any criticism of the new regime is often drowned out by talk of how the Press are always against us etc. Thats often true, but not always. We need to be wary of wearing that victimhood too heavily. I hope this is a false story. As we rise up at long last onto the world stage where we belong the Shirt matters more than ever and it should be about us and only us. Fek any countrys state who would try to steal in on that be it the Saudis, Americans, Eskimos or any fecker. Its also a shite shirt which is almost beside the point