web analytics

Newcastle Making Good Progress On Transfers – 19 Year-Old Striker Now Very Close To A Deal

Newcastle thought they had done a deal for 19-year-old, 6ft 2ins Reims striker Hugo Ekitike in January, but on the final day of the window, he decided to stay at Reims, so he could get more playing time.

As it turns out he’s been injured most of the time since then, and has only just returned to playing, but Newcastle have kept in contact with Reims about the striker since January.

Hugo has scored 10 goals and has 3 assists in 26 appearances for Reims this season, and is one of the best young prospects in European football.

Website 90min have again reported today that the striker is now keen to join Eddie Howe at Newcastle this summer.

Reading between the lines, it’s likely the teenager has spoken to one of the owners – probably Amanda Staveley – and also to Eddie Howe.

The young striker is now said to be excited about joining Newcastle’s revolution evolution to greatness in the summer.

He is quoted as saying he wants to join Eddie Howe, ‘and that he appreciates the fact that Howe is a big believer in his talents’.

The deal Newcastle want to strike with Reims, is a loan with an obligation to buy, so that loosens up some cash in the coming summer transfer window it helps Newcastle with Financial Fair Play rules too.

The fee is said to be around £30M.

It now seems likely that we will indeed win the race to sign this youngster – and he will get plenty of playing time next season: Eddie Howe will also be able to bring the best out of the talented young striker in the years ahead.

Hugo Ekitike would be a tremendous acquisition for Newcastle United, and once the deal is signed, we should announce it immediately.

What do you think?

How Will Newcastle Do Against Arsenal On Monday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Jp Mayor

May 14, 2022 at 12:19 PM

Reposting here guys as missed the bus. Just my opinion. Call me naive if you will. Totally accept others views in it though. Just a perspective…

Hi Niafron totally understand your point of view and accept your feelings on that, I think though some people will not connect politics and the shirt (support the team not the regime as we say). I collect hundreds of football shirts without worrying about the politics behind that. I’ll wear and England shirt although I don’t agree with a lot of the UK government policies. Each to their own and all that. Just depends on your viewpoint. I honestly don’t mind the strip, just find it annoying that some of us should have to defend it. It’s a football strip. Wear it or don’t wear it. Buy it or don’t.

• Fenham to Chalfont

May 14, 2022 at 12:19 PM

I just dipped in to read the blog briefly and I wish I hadn’t… but dear lord, But before I start I appreciate that everyone has an opinion it’s what freedom of speech is all about… However, we must keep politics out of our club and this blog as much as we can especially in the environment we live in right now…

I know I am now going to go all political below, but I feel I need to for balance from what I’ve just read from the poster Sav…We have Everyman and his dog having their say on the apparently “disgraceful” TO of NUFC by the PIF who are a arguably directly connected with the KSA government/regime.

Look there is no way of getting away from the Human Rights issues in KSA. Oppression, Is it a totalitarian state? Blah blah, blah…

Let me put it in a different more positive way I believe we should as a fan base approach it in this way. KSA are most definitely moving in the right direction as a country trying to westernise itself, all the signs are there as for instance they are in fact moving in positive direction on gender equality for women for starters which has all the hallmarks of change in their approach to gender oppression. People state that they are sports washing and for example our TO, I say they are using sport to move in the right direction as part of their 2030 vision. Which as part of that vision is an agenda that envisages a world of universal respect for human rights and human dignity, the rule of law, justice, equality and non-discrimination” this is what they are moving towards as a country. They just can only do it in baby steps so not to cause too much disruption in their country and culture. People don’t like change basically. However, KSA are most definitely moving in the right direction and I am privileged to walk with them in their journey of those said changes…

We are NUFC an amazing world renowned sports institution, with a world class fan base. Let’s not allow all the negative naysayers, unnecessarily put a downer on our amazing luck, such as having a go about a strip that has KSA colours of white and green So bloody what is what I say, just Ignore it all. Ignore, ignore, ignore!!!!

And Sav Howay, please appreciate and understand that it’s is only a football shirt, it means absolutely nothing to 99% of our fan base. After 14 years of unbelievable hurt which had no bounds. We deserve this and you need to take this on board when commenting on a football blog re a football shirt…Your comments IMO are in the main for a political forum, not this one as it brings the positive feel good factor down, a feel good factor we’ve earned and should enjoy and absorb.

OK, I’m definitely away now. Enjoy your day everyone, the sun is shining and it’s countdown to Monday nights display Atmosphere under the SJP floodlights when we sing shout our appreciation for an amazing achievement from Eddie and his men to keep us in the PL which will lead to a summer like no other 🙂

• Sir Pugalot, the Dutch Bulldog

May 14, 2022 at 12:20 PM

I take it that is how you can generate multiple hearts

• Mund

May 14, 2022 at 12:20 PM

Work*

• cleveleysbob

May 14, 2022 at 12:21 PM

Not trying to be picky but won’t that make Eddie’s victory a bit hollow?

I believe he deserves it for achieving a previously unheard of recovery. I’ve voted for him.

However I suspect that most neutral fans across the country will vote for Klopp because of the closeness they’re to achieving a quadruple. They aren’t going to manage it of course I suspect 2 out of the 4, but just being in the mix this far into the season with 3 cup finals and 2nd in PL is quite some achievement. 🙁

• IrishRob

May 14, 2022 at 12:21 PM

8 seconds is definitely the limit. Happy spamming folks. Have a great day 🙂

• Sir Pugalot, the Dutch Bulldog

May 14, 2022 at 12:22 PM

I wonder if you disable cookies you could just keep voting/hearting. maybe login, then disable cookies

• IrishRob

May 14, 2022 at 12:22 PM

Pugs lemmie try, that’s interesting, if it works you’re going to see me with 20+ hearts every comment. Lol

• IrishRob

May 14, 2022 at 12:23 PM

Naah don’t work, fml. 🙁

• Sir Pugalot, the Dutch Bulldog

May 14, 2022 at 12:25 PM

worth a thought

• coming home

May 14, 2022 at 12:26 PM

Fenham

Brilliant post well said

• Zhongguo Geordie

May 14, 2022 at 12:28 PM

These newspapers (Mail, Telegraph, the Sun, Express, etc) as well as Farage either didn’t say a word about us selling weapons to Saudis, nor were criticial when they bombed their neighbours. This was as we were probably also bombing them and profitting so they turned a blind eye to support their party. Last week the Israeli police attacked a funeral and these Murdoch type papers said nothing. Yet we wear a green strip and it’s an outrage. They are following their agendas. They had their chance to get on their high horse when all the bad stuff was happening, but it clearly doesn’t bother them at all. The vast majority of football fans complaining would have also been silent when the really bad stuff happened in that region, and a lot of them would have been the same ones saying keep politics out of sport because that particular thing was against their agenda, but this one isn’t.

• Toon fans bad

May 14, 2022 at 12:30 PM

Careful with the voter fraud fellow bloggers. Sleepy Joe might turn up at St James’ Park 😆

• IrishRob

May 14, 2022 at 12:31 PM

I was full sure it would log you out as well, which would kinda make it unrealistic to do, but it didn’t even do that.

Obviously they use different systems or algorithms. The fact that this is a site you have to log into probably has a lot to do with why it doesn’t work.

Jokes aside I’m glad it doesn’t work tbh.

• IrishRob

May 14, 2022 at 12:32 PM

Toon fams definitely didn’t create the voters fraud first though. That’s always been on the PL. Crooked knackers!

• TOMT

May 14, 2022 at 12:33 PM

me i wouldnt waste my money on that green and white strip to me it looks cheap and nasty , all the do gooders coming out against us again .

we might be moaning about nothing has anything been said of the club that its gonna be one of our strips for next season as ive not seen anything from the club saying so .

• Sir Pugalot, the Dutch Bulldog

May 14, 2022 at 12:37 PM

Times (owned by Murdoich) 2nd page of World new, page43, actually centre page of the paper covers the israel funeral plus pictures. Clearly shows coffin was being hijacked by militants which is why the Israelis moved in.

• IrishRob

May 14, 2022 at 12:38 PM

Apparently only 10% of the result will be from public votes so in reality It wont really matter or effect the outcome.

The very fact the public only get 10% of the vote tells you everything you need to know about the process and how rigged it almost certainly is.

It’s literally only a token gesture to fool fans into thinking they habe a say or that its a fair process, When in reality the big wigs will make the decision according to their agenda.

• WLtoon

May 14, 2022 at 12:40 PM

Anyone refusing to buy the third kit because of what it represents will also be staying way from the Cathedral on the Hill right? after all , it`s the Saudi`s that own the club , lock , stock and barrel.
    I won`t be buying that kit, simply because i don`t like it, it looks tatty, something you would buy from Jabba`s gaff, and i wouldn`t entertain anything to do with that greedy oaf.
    The retro kit that was advertised last month looked superb
    , i would buy that, it`s got fook all to do with politics.

• WLtoon

May 14, 2022 at 12:44 PM

You can`t have it both ways, if you support the Toon and are savvy with the new owners, then buying the third kit shouldn`t be a problem if you like it, if you don`t like it don`t buy it, but not because of it`s political background.
    Two faced isn`t the word.

• Mund

May 14, 2022 at 12:45 PM

Fenham/WL

Well said lads

• WLtoon

May 14, 2022 at 12:50 PM

Got a strange day ahead today, heading down S Shields for a pals surprise 60th meal but it`s couples night and wor lass can`t make it so ile show my face for a couple of bevvies then im heading up to Newcastle to meet the son around 7.30ish, taxi`s booked.
    How footin sad am i eh, going to Toon to watch…….

Eurovison in Times Square haha

• Raj of Hailsley

May 14, 2022 at 12:52 PM

I won’t buy the shirt because I’m a fifty year old man.

• Munster Mag

May 14, 2022 at 12:53 PM

I always look at things broadly if possible. First if all, to equate a western govt like UK Ireland of Germany to Saudi is daft. So let’s not try to pretend that they are similar. And you look stupid if you do.

But….

As ZG said, where were all these moaners about Saudi before we got involved

And as Fenham said, they are improving. I know this. I know a guy who works there, who has been in the same room as MBS. The country is changing for the better. It just is, and we can ( and I do) argue that point with people who slag us off.

The white shirt is a massive statement by PIF and Mandy and Co. They know its provocative. We know why. But they are sticking two fingers up and saying the Saudis are here, and if you don’t like it, hard cheese.

Its a very interesting PR move and I’m pleased they are doing it.

• Mund

May 14, 2022 at 12:56 PM

Seen footy focus on and thought I’ll have a gander (rarely if ever watch it) but when it came on it was celebrating Lawro’s 25 years on footy focus…

Couldn’t turn over quick enough

• lesh

May 14, 2022 at 12:57 PM

Wor B

You’ll never be too early for the popcorn. If Mund’s about (If?), there’s sure to be at least one argument.

Jail can’t be blamed so far.

🙄

• Toon fans bad

May 14, 2022 at 12:58 PM

If it is indeed an authentic third shirt by Castore, it could well have been intentionally leaked so they can gauge reaction before a decision is made to issue it officially maybe.

• Mund

May 14, 2022 at 12:58 PM

😳

You get some right strange folk online…

• lesh

May 14, 2022 at 12:58 PM

Despite the media whipping up a storm, the white and green shirts just that – a white and green shirt.

• Mund

May 14, 2022 at 12:59 PM

Tfb

I think it’ll be legit but I bet you they hardly wear it.

• WLtoon

May 14, 2022 at 1:00 PM

Cant believe the FA cup gets and all day coverage on the beeb, when was the last time that happened, it`s like the good old days.

• TOMT

May 14, 2022 at 1:02 PM

ITS simple if you like the shirt buy it if you dont divint bother .

• Munster Mag

May 14, 2022 at 1:04 PM

Tom, to be fair, it’s a far bigger issue than that. It’s about nufc putting it up to people that they are not ashamed of their Saudi owners and are not hiding from the issue.

• Toon fans bad

May 14, 2022 at 1:09 PM

Mund,

Aye, we might not see it worn in anger on the pitch. Not sure whether they have to use it when our away strip clashes with the opponents home strip or we can ask to wear the B&W. Think I remember them wearing the B&W away in the past.

I remember the green and blue Mcewans lager one as I bought it cheap a season later.

Might buy the new kit and wear it down the mall and integrate with the locals 😆

• TOMT

May 14, 2022 at 1:10 PM

Munster i get what your saying mate , i have no problems with our owners what so ever . the top it looks cheap and nasty if our owners go with that top im with them all the way Bloody hell we waited long enough for Masters and CO to pass the takeover all i want is for us to rise up the league im sick and tired of looking down the league season after season nows the time to start looking up . we are coming for them and they dont like it they are shitting it mate .

• Munster Mag

May 14, 2022 at 1:10 PM

Mund, good to hear your boy is doing well. Wait till he wins a trophy like we did. Best feeling ever. Just back from training. Tiring, as was up too late on the Blossom Hill, but some good moves from the lads. Young fella did well, great feet and some sweet passing. Have a good day Mundo

• Munster Mag

May 14, 2022 at 1:14 PM

I’m still slim and half active:), so I’ll buy a shirt, the black and white. But I have 4 already. And the Toff one from the 50s but never wear it.

• Mund

May 14, 2022 at 1:17 PM

Munster

Thanks mate and I can’t wait.

I just like the fact the levels have stepped up now and we have a really competitive well balanced team. Future looks bright on both fronts

• DrGloom

May 14, 2022 at 1:19 PM

Saudi Arabia’s absolute monarchy restricts almost all political rights and civil liberties so not so much difference between dictatorship .. same as China and Russia ( given that Putin changed the law so he has absolute power ) and numerous other countries involved in sport , arms buying etc ..
    I’m not sure why newcastle is the only one being held to account.. journalists and woke politicians should either ban them from all sport, sanction them and never deal with them or stfu