web analytics

Newcastle Win Race For Promising U17 International – Report

Newcastle are close to adding another youngster to the Academy according to Mike McGrath with The Telegraph. Kilmarnock center-back Charlie McArthur would be the second youth signing behind Alex Murphy of Galway United, who is set to join in July.

McArthur captained Scotland’s U17s during the Euros last month. While he only turned 17 in May, he already has 4 senior appearances for Kilmarnock. They topped the Scottish Championship last season to earn promotion to Scotland’s top flight.

Liverpool, Manchester City, Brighton, West Ham, and Wolves have all been linked with the defender over the past six months. It appears that Newcastle have won the race for the promising youngster.

His fee was reported to be £275k in links to other Premier League clubs. He has just one year left on his contract, and as McGrath states, it would be hard for Kilmarnock to stand in his way amidst this caliber of interest.

• A Geordie Mongrel

Jun 15, 2022 at 1:20 PM

Dr Ed, Neil and The Wife. I’d like to add my appreciation for all of the work you do on this blog. I’m glad all is okay. I’m sure the idiots in the Twitterverse will soon move on to their next victim. I’m so glad I don’t do Twitter.

Onwards and upwards! 🙂

• A Geordie Mongrel

Jun 15, 2022 at 1:23 PM

So this is what a first feels like? (Muttley laugh). Do reposts count?

• snowdone

Jun 15, 2022 at 1:24 PM

Silence is golden, they say, so I’ll trust the club is beavering away.

Not Southgate’s finest fortnight, but he will remain our manager for Qatar, unless he resigns.

Remember Belgium were thumped at home and France did not cover themselves in glory.

Let’s hope the players are fresher and in form come the autumn!

• Adamn_92

Jun 15, 2022 at 1:26 PM

That’s the Botman alternative sorted 😉

• dazzler

Jun 15, 2022 at 1:31 PM

If the Botman deal is off can we look at someone quick as an alternative?

• count

Jun 15, 2022 at 1:32 PM

Can’t believe people are still talking about this Mr Bot Man.
    Everything has been said a hundred times. I want to gouge my eyes out every time he gets mentioned.
    There’s nothing more to say until he’s confirmed here for a medical.

• Tyran21

Jun 15, 2022 at 1:32 PM

I wonder if Piero Hincapie have a buyout? He is as good as Botman and Badiashile, maybe even better. Can play LB and LCB.

• A Geordie Mongrel

Jun 15, 2022 at 1:33 PM

With Southgate I’d say he saw the Nations League as pointless so he had a look at new players. Shame he didn’t think about new tactics too. I don’t get the booing or the leaving early. I go to a game to support my team. I wouldn’t dream of booing or leaving early. Booed a few referees though. 😆

• count

Jun 15, 2022 at 1:34 PM

Dazzler.
    You think we aren’t looking at other players why? Because you haven’t heard any rumours?

• niafron

Jun 15, 2022 at 1:34 PM

@Adamn_92

Well, if he’s 17 years old, it’s a bit young for a CB in order to be right now an alternative to Botman…

• Tyran21

Jun 15, 2022 at 1:35 PM

But I think he will cost a lot too……….

• Raj of Hailsley

Jun 15, 2022 at 1:42 PM

I knew that .co.uk were a bunch of ne-er dowell’s. They want to get their own house in order before criticising others. They could start by sweeping up all the tumbleweeds on there!!!

• Neil Harrison

Jun 15, 2022 at 1:42 PM

I am deleting an earlier comment that referenced nufcblog.co.uk. I have been in contact with them and they have been very gracious and did not mean to pile on.

Please let’s not contact them anymore. It was an unfortunate situation that we will try to move on from.

• Mund

Jun 15, 2022 at 1:42 PM

Da da da da da da da da da da da da da da da da da

Botman

• Raj of Hailsley

Jun 15, 2022 at 1:43 PM

Sack Butman off and get Bassey from Rangers.

• Raj of Hailsley

Jun 15, 2022 at 1:44 PM

Neil, all’s well that ends well.

• Raj of Hailsley

Jun 15, 2022 at 1:45 PM

Neil,
    I best contact Royal Mail and cancel that boxing glove on a spring I sent them 😕

• Scythe

Jun 15, 2022 at 1:45 PM

Ed/Neil/The Wife

You’ve given Toon fans all over the world a platform to discuss their passion. Some of us come and go (mostly because of the ridiculous and immature arguing on here) but even if I skip reading the comments I always read your articles.

Please keep up the good work you’ve been doing for so many years now and don’t let a few pieces of sub-human scum on Twitter (where you’ll usually find such scum lurking) get you down.

It was a minor mistake made under bad family circumstances. We’re all human. Keep doing what you’re doing and know that you are appreciated 🙂

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jun 15, 2022 at 1:52 PM

I’d like to add my own appreciation for everything the Harrison family have done and continue to do to bring Newcastle United fans together the world over. Been a long-time reader/contributor to the blog (on and off since about 2011) and think that this is a pretty special/unique place for Newcastle fans to share their views. Keep up the great work. 😀

• Adamn_92

Jun 15, 2022 at 1:52 PM

Jail

I thought he was heading off to Villa. If not though then I agree, I think we should try to tempt him here. Bassey looks like he has everything to be an amazing defender.

• Raj of Hailsley

Jun 15, 2022 at 1:54 PM

• Raj of Hailsley

Jun 15, 2022 at 1:57 PM

Adamn_92,
    I didn’t realise that, so that’s two CB’s they’re getting.

• Assassins Inc

Jun 15, 2022 at 2:00 PM

Newcastle: Magpies chiefs ‘keeping an eye’ on Arnaud Kalimuendo.
    Newcastle and Everton have both made an approach to sign Sporting Lisbon midfielder Matheus Nunes.
    Nunez joins Liverpool, we seem to be losing players to other clubs still, this has always been an issue with Newcastle, don’t understand why we keep on doing the same old shite every window.

Now it’s agents want this, agent want this, what the fcuk is that all about, players want other club, we didn’t want to pay as we are not going to get pushed around, all sound like, let’s lose players to other clubs, Newcastle legacy.

• ottawageordie2

Jun 15, 2022 at 2:00 PM

Neil and family. I love this blog even though some posters get out of hand occasionally. It’s the best place for nufc fans to share their thoughts. I’ve been off the blog for a week or less but had to show you my support just like the other true nufc fans!

Dump Botman and Etike. Terrible behaviour by players and clubs. Very unprofessional by them. There are many out there that are just as good. I’m sure we will find some hidden gems and those other guys will live to regret what they’re doing. Move on and move upwards!

• Rotonda heights

Jun 15, 2022 at 2:03 PM

We do actually have some very good players

Bruno
    Joe
    St Max
    Wilson
    Trippier
    Targett
    Shar
    Willock
    etc is not too shabby.

Just think we have too many bits and pieces players like Almiron, Murphy, Fraser who too often seem to get caught between 2 stools.

Badashile or Bremer for me, not seen enough of N’Dicka yet. Botman doesn’t want to come.

Not sure about Ekitike alternatives but would love to see Diaby here.
    If it’s all about quality not quantity this year then Badashile and Diaby probably top the list. Paqueta would be a lovely bonus too.

Great to see Ashworth starting to get things moving. Can’t quite take in going from Ash, Bruce and Charnley to Amanda, Eddie and Dan!!!

• Zhongguo Geordie

Jun 15, 2022 at 2:04 PM

I wouldn’t worry Neil, we’ve all made those sort of mistakes once or twice. That’s quite a minor mistake comparitevely.

• Scythe

Jun 15, 2022 at 2:08 PM

ottawageordie2

It’s all about money, isn’t it? Players and clubs want the maximum amount they can get for themselves, which is fair enough. We need players who are thirsty for success and want to be part of our ‘project’. Clubs are going to try and wring every last penny out of us, and players (and agents) will use us to get the best deal for themselves too.

I have faith that we have the right people in place to get the best deals done for us. Liverpool seem to be going about their business the right way and I think we can follow their model.

• bettyswallocks

Jun 15, 2022 at 2:15 PM

The Rwandan government have defended their decision to take in asylum seekers from the UK saying it is ‘neither immoral, nor a punishment’.

I agree – If the UK government wanted to punish them, they’d send them to Liverpool!

• Scythe

Jun 15, 2022 at 2:18 PM

Henderson to Forest on loan with an option to buy for twenty million? We should be all over that. Ditch the loan option and make an outright bid that tops Forest’s offer. He’s a solid keeper who should be playing week in, week out.

• WLtoon

Jun 15, 2022 at 2:19 PM

Isaac, Nkunku, Diaby

so

Who`s Ekitike ?

• WLtoon

Jun 15, 2022 at 2:21 PM

Ndicka, Bodashaile, Bremer, Kelly.

So

Who is Botman ?

And with that i`m off to graft.

• Assassins Inc

Jun 15, 2022 at 2:23 PM

Can we please just get one player through the door, fed up with the “ deal is back on “ I didn’t realize some of the deals we are meant to be involved in were off.
    Just get one, I’m not counting Targett as he was a Newcastle player last season and that was a deal made in Jan.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 15, 2022 at 2:24 PM

It was with some consternation that I was reading that something had upset Neil and family, I haven’t a clue what happened but an attack on them is an attack on all of us.

I’m more than ready to welcome the baarstaards into Magic’s red tent where I’ll be waiting with loaded kippers if they repeat whatever it was they did.

Let them be warned!!!

• Scythe

Jun 15, 2022 at 2:25 PM

I see Javier Tebas is moaning about Man City and PSG again. Sour grapes because Barca (who ran themselves into the ground financially) and Real (home of the expensive ‘Galacticos’ in days gone by) are no longer the most desirable clubs to play for. Now that Messi has gone he’s worried about his league’s ‘brand’. Embarrassing to say the least. Wait until WE get going and start putting our mark on the game in Europe 😀

• Zhongguo Geordie

Jun 15, 2022 at 2:29 PM

Betty,
    Are people from UK trying to get asylum in Rwanda these days? Things must have took a turn for the worse. Mind you, I’ve heard it’s really sunny in Rwanda so can’t blame them.

• Munster Mag

Jun 15, 2022 at 2:32 PM

I said yesterday this is dragging on too long. The internationals are not a proper excuse, as most of the work is done by the agency /agent. Badialshile please, he’s better than Botman anyway.

• Raj of Hailsley

Jun 15, 2022 at 2:39 PM

Scythe,
    Hope FPL starts on Friday, could do with being bored sitting on the train waiting for it to refresh so I can get a thre figure ID 😀

• bettyswallocks

Jun 15, 2022 at 2:41 PM

Kim Kardashian has had to return the new arse she has just had fitted…..It had a crack in it.
    Luckily it was under warranty.

• Darnik

Jun 15, 2022 at 2:49 PM

EGB
    Love it 😆

• ottawageordie2

Jun 15, 2022 at 2:51 PM

Scythe post 27. Totally agree. I have complete confidence in the leadership at our club. It feels good to be able to say that after the last 14 years of mismanagement. Now is the time to stand up to these greedy, self serving people whoever they are. It will just mean more work for those involved in recruiting good players rather than picking from the established list. But we will do it successfully. Of that I am confident.