web analytics

Newcastle Remain Calm On Botman And Ekitike

Newcastle are not panicking over delays in the transfer market just yet according to local reports. Both Hugo Ekitike and Sven Botman remain priority targets despite unfortunate hold-ups in getting the players in.

It’s hard to gauge what exactly is causing issues as reports have been conflicting. Some outlets claim the duo are keen while others suggest the players are the ones holding up the moves.

The Chronicle has revealed that Newcastle are being flooded with offers for alternatives to Sven Botman. They believe the 22-year-old is still mulling over a move to Tyneside but that an agreement with Lille has been reached.

The Northern Echo is reporting that Hugo Ekitike is seeking assurances that he will get enough playing time before committing to a move to Newcastle. Other reports have suggested his representatives are still shopping him around Europe with PSG and Dortmund on alert.

Scott Wilson also touches on the situation with Botman. He backs the Chronicle’s report that an agreement has been reached with Lille as the player, who is currently on holiday, contemplates his future.

Wilson also is reporting that Manchester United have offered center-back Eric Bailly. The defender made just 7 appearances at Old Trafford last season and is not in new manager Erik ten Hag’s plans.

Bailly turned 28 in April and has two years left on his contract, in which he brings in £80k per week. The report doesn’t say whether Newcastle would be interested in bringing him in. For the time being, Botman is where the focus remains.

• ITUNDERASHELL

Jun 19, 2022 at 4:01 PM

Jun 19, 2022 at 3:57 PM

No chance bro, and they can fook right off. I am very selective with my charitable contributions!

• Munster Mag

Jun 19, 2022 at 4:02 PM

Mund, cheers. I would say 200mill + would be truck loads. I got the impression from you over time that FFP wasn’t a issue because clubs like Everton do what they want.

In reality I think clubs like PSG know they blew a load in the last few years so are being careful as Tyran says. But I think FFP will curtail what we spend, because we don’t need a bad reputation.

• CLINT FLICK

Jun 19, 2022 at 4:02 PM

It is suggested that Howe is conscious of not being so keen to add players that he brings in ones who do not improve the side.

Revelatory!
    😀

• CLINT FLICK

Jun 19, 2022 at 4:04 PM

It

Spoken like a true
    Magpie!
    😉

• Munster Mag

Jun 19, 2022 at 4:07 PM

The concern of any transfer is that Eric Bailly probably looks ridiculously good on the Dennis Wise too. So we always have to hope that the ability is both permanent and transfers to a harder league like ours

• Mund

Jun 19, 2022 at 4:08 PM

Munster

We completely agree then as I don’t think they will spend that much either.

Ofc FFP will set boundaries I’m not daft mate and we won’t be anything like Everton. I say it won’t be a problem as meaning we will still get to the top in the near future with a world class squad regardless of FFP

• Munster Mag

Jun 19, 2022 at 4:09 PM

And remember that big midfielder Leicester got, Soumare? He looker like a monster with technical ability too and it hasn’t worked out at all.

• Munster Mag

Jun 19, 2022 at 4:13 PM

I agree and don’t Mund. Not in the near future. This could take much longer IMO. Big gap, and last season is last season, it may not translate into next season. I’m still hopeful we get Botman Diaby Paqueta and a striker. That would be a massive step forward. I’m all ready with my one liner from the Fast Show…

“I’ve just come”

🙂

• CLINT FLICK

Jun 19, 2022 at 4:18 PM

I see a real tight league…bottom club got reasonable points last season… that’s indicative of where the league’s at.
    9 points only, behind manu.
    Everyone is beatable. By most!

• CLINT FLICK

Jun 19, 2022 at 4:20 PM

Munster

‘cos Brenden Rogers ain’t a very good coach?

• lochinvar

Jun 19, 2022 at 4:21 PM

Man Yanks are a joke of a club.
    Ronaldo wants out, they want de Jong on their terms, fans are revolting, and the Chief Exec admits they burned £1b in transfers. All the time linked to Qatar and then illegally trying to break away from the EPL while stopping other clubs not least of all NUFC from progressing.

Relegation for them can’t come soon enough.

Read on

• Mund

Jun 19, 2022 at 4:26 PM

Munster

We could have different perceptions of near future. For us to get to the very top or say challenging for the PL title. I think that could take up to 5 seasons. It all depends on who we can bring in and how much we can improve the squad.

If it is to challenge for the Champions League I think it will be a lot sooner and that in itself will help challenge for the title with us becoming an even more attractive destination for top class players.

Next season I think we can disrupt the top 6 with the right additions but most certainly a top 8 finish.

• CLINT FLICK

Jun 19, 2022 at 4:30 PM

Leicester city

Saved their butt from relegation from a perilous position one year, prem title next!

Precedent!

All bets off, form outta the window!
    Momentum!
    Anything can happen!

• Novocastrian66

Jun 19, 2022 at 4:32 PM

On that list IT shared with us, I reckon Mason Greenwood is worthless at the moment.
    If he should get out of his current situation relatively unscathed, his reputation will be irrecoverably tarnished.

• Raj of Hailsley

Jun 19, 2022 at 4:33 PM

Buy Maddison if FFP isn’t an issue.

• Novocastrian66

Jun 19, 2022 at 4:37 PM

I’m not a fan of Maddison. He is a cracking player but I think he has off the pitch discipline issues and therefore does not fit in to Howe’s blueprint.
    If I could take any player from Leicester it would be Barnes.

• Sir Pugalot, the Dutch Bulldog

Jun 19, 2022 at 4:40 PM

Martoon, you and Mrs Martoon are older than this youngster. Will have to bow to your knowledge ref. Craig the David. But I was close!

• Raj of Hailsley

Jun 19, 2022 at 4:44 PM

I prefer Maddison from the two,.save him scoring against us as well.

• Mund

Jun 19, 2022 at 4:45 PM

Novo

Wouldn’t want Maddison anywhere near our club.

• Darnik

Jun 19, 2022 at 4:45 PM

Cheers Hibbit I’ll have a word with your postie get you special service 😆

• Wimbletoon

Jun 19, 2022 at 4:49 PM

ITUNDERASHELL #39

I’m not doubting you copied the figures correctly, but have to say IMO there’s no way Maguire and Wan-Bissaka are worth those amounts (£45M & £31M respectively).

Man Utd’s transfer strategy in the last 5 years has been even worse than Everton’s.

• Raj of Hailsley

Jun 19, 2022 at 4:53 PM

Maddison is one of the best attacking mids in the league and better than JWP, he’d be an excellent buy but is probably waiting for Chelsea or Man U to come in for him.

• Mister Tuff

Jun 19, 2022 at 4:54 PM

If it is true that Howe is back from a holiday break – we might see a bit of action this week.

Paqueta and Botman would do nicely.

• Sir Pugalot, the Dutch Bulldog

Jun 19, 2022 at 4:59 PM

Away I go.

• Raj of Hailsley

Jun 19, 2022 at 5:02 PM

Peter,
    Is everything OK, you’ve been acting normal lately?

• Ketsbaia9

Jun 19, 2022 at 5:04 PM

Apparently we’ve offered Man Utd Jamaal Lascelles. Hopefully they’ll take up the £30m offer.

• Mund

Jun 19, 2022 at 5:19 PM

• Raj of Hailsley

Jun 19, 2022 at 5:28 PM

How do uou know she said yes, she might not like gingers 🙂

• Mund

Jun 19, 2022 at 5:28 PM

9 years ago today we lost one of the greatest actors of all time.

RIP James Gandolfini.

• Mag52

Jun 19, 2022 at 5:30 PM

While we want to improve the academy with young, talented footballers, we need to beware of what might well be inflated claims regarding how good these youngsters are.
    The young Brazilian, Angelo Gabriel at Santos, is being touted as a wonder kid on the basis of 42 games and 1 goal and 1 assist.
    Next season, 19 games and 1 goal and 3 assists.
    Hopefully these youngsters are being closely monitored by our scouts to verify just how good these young players really are.

• DayvanCowboy

Jun 19, 2022 at 5:33 PM

Regarding Diaby, I’d love to see him at Newcastle, but I just can’t see it this summer at the prices quoted, I think better value is to be had elsewhere to offer us cover and an upgrade in the RW position….. Even is we are in for him surely the better value to be had would be at Bayern for someone like Coman or Gnabry, you’d imagine it’ll be one of those who’ll pay the price for Mane signing and with the haggling and dealing Bayern have done to get Mane at that price they’ll have to play ball with low bids for those 2.

• Mag52

Jun 19, 2022 at 5:38 PM

Any Leicester player I would go for ? It has to be Youri Tielemans, or Casper Schmickal.

• Raj of Hailsley

Jun 19, 2022 at 5:41 PM

Mag52,
    Believe it or not he’s well in to his thirties.

• Mag52

Jun 19, 2022 at 5:42 PM

Colback, the ginger Pirlo, back at St. James’ park on the opening day of the next season.
    How exciting is that ?!!!

• CLINT FLICK

Jun 19, 2022 at 5:43 PM

Not chowed about any Leicester players
    Maddison is good, but a cheat!
    Nah!

• ChicoUSA

Jun 19, 2022 at 5:44 PM

Maddison is a hell of a player. But the problem is I would likely add him to my FPL team and whenever I have added him to squad he does zip, nada! 🙁

• Mag52

Jun 19, 2022 at 5:44 PM

Raj.

Who is – Tielemans ?
    I’d love to know what he’s taking.

• ChicoUSA

Jun 19, 2022 at 5:45 PM

Mag52
    Not very…. 😉

• 9

Jun 19, 2022 at 5:46 PM

Posters still fantasising about Diaby and Paquita? I don’t think I’m out of order in suggesting, based on all the information about transfer fees and FFI we’ve been fed (it can’t ALL be misinformation) there is no chance whatsoever this summer. Much as I would love to be proved wrong!

• Raj of Hailsley

Jun 19, 2022 at 5:50 PM

Yay,
    Good news for first time posters. Neil is going to put their posts at the front of the queue after moderation.