web analytics

Newcastle Linked With Two Internationals At Cut-Rate Prices

Newcastle have been linked with two sensational moves for current internationals in the foreign press. Juventus midfielder Adrien Rabiot and Dortmund winger Thorgan Hazard are both available at cut-rate fees with Newcastle said to be lurking.

France’s L’Equipe, by way of Get French Football News, claim Rabiot has hit Newcastle’s radar after asking to leave Turin. He is entering the final year of his contract and could find his place at risk as Paul Pogba makes his return.

There is plenty to be skeptical about with yet another link to Rabiot, who has been named as a target since news of the takeover was made public. The 27-year-old earns between £175k and £225k per week from the various reports I could track down. This report states he is one of the top earners in Italy.

Newcastle are not likely to blow up their wage structure to add the French international despite him being available for just £13-17m. Chelsea and Manchester United are also credited with an interest, which seems like more viable destinations.

Sport Witness has cited a claim from Germany’s Bild that Thorgan Hazard has emerged as a target and that Dortmund would consider selling the 29-year-old for around £12m. Newcastle are after a wide forward with Moussa Diaby priced out of a move.

The Belgium international’s contract runs out in 2024 but he is coming off two underwhelming campaigns. Hazard has just 9 goals and 7 assists since the start of the 2020/21 season compared with 19 goals and 26 assists from 2018 to 2020.

Outlets from Europe don’t seem to have grasped that Newcastle are not going to pull a Manchester City and buy immediate success. Bild states Hazard earns around £113k per week and that is ‘peanuts’ compared to what he would earn at Newcastle.

Newcastle also want to decrease the average age of the squad. So a player approaching 30 on bloated wages doesn’t fit the agenda this summer. While Hazard is versatile and talented, he’s likely not a serious target for The Magpies.

• Raj of Hailsley

Jun 21, 2022 at 7:20 AM

Wor B,
    Aye a bit unfortunate for all those that fought to keep us in the PL only to be offloaded to the championship after all. There’s actually only two ways to do it. Pay up their contracts or subsidise their loan wages. Out of everyone who the majority regard as surplus he was arguably the most saleable and that’s probably why he’s gone already.

• Raj of Hailsley

Jun 21, 2022 at 7:32 AM

Saying majority mind, I had him as staying

• TheDrewid

Jun 21, 2022 at 7:34 AM

Scythe

Boumsong was a massive bag of ar*e as I recall. Bramble, for me, was an odd one. Could be utterly majestic for 89mins of a game, but suffered from devastating brain farts that would cost a goal.

Jun 21, 2022 at 7:38 AM

Why do you feel the need to directly respond to my posts…? 😳

All day everyday even tho I ignore you

There’s nothing wrong with dreaming big as I’d imagine anything other than a relegation battle will be more than enough for the fans.

We can dream big because we can.

The shackles are off the tyrant and his puppets are gone…

Dream big because we can and no matter what dream any of us have one day it will be a reality.

Onwards and upwards

Please try harder to ignore me tho

• Wor B

Jun 21, 2022 at 7:39 AM

Jail

I take it you mean Hayden, he may be away to Norwich on loan, but he’s still contracted to NUFC until June 2026. Do you know if there’s an obligation to buy?

Jun 21, 2022 at 7:41 AM

Wor

Yes there is

• Tyran21

Jun 21, 2022 at 7:46 AM

Raj of Hailsley

If Howe played every team twice last season, Newcastle might be in Europa League already. You use a single example to conclude results Newcastle might get when play teams twice, don’t seem that realistic to me either.

Jun 21, 2022 at 7:48 AM

Tyran

If we started with Howe and had a full preseason I think we could of realistically made Europe

Jun 21, 2022 at 7:50 AM

Has nobody told Marco about the most exciting project in world football…?

Transfer News Live
    @DeadlineDayLive
    3m
    Liverpool and AC Milan are both interested in signing Marco Asensio.

The player wants to join a project that guarantees him a starting spot and that won’t be the case at Liverpool.

(Source:@diarioas)

• Tyran21

Jun 21, 2022 at 7:55 AM

Managers that can get player to fight is more important than having superstars that sulk. If Howe can keep players at this level of motivation, Newcastle have a chance.

• Wor B

Jun 21, 2022 at 7:56 AM

Cheers Mund

I looked it up.

I used the wrong word, they’re not obligated to buy but there’s an option to buy.

Jun 21, 2022 at 8:00 AM

Wor

I’m sure it was said it was an obligation. Was it Craig Hope…? Anyways Hayden’s goodbye says it all for me. He won’t be coming back

Jun 21, 2022 at 8:08 AM

check

You said a good start will give us a good season…?

We had the worst start ever last season but it ended being one of the best.

Howe for a full season with new recruits…?

Anything is possible.

I’d like to see us take more points off the big boys next year

• Munster Mag

Jun 21, 2022 at 8:16 AM

I don’t think that last seasons brilliant form can be assumed. Different season, different dynamic etc. Let’s get 3 really good players in addition to Targett and go from there.

Jun 21, 2022 at 8:20 AM

Ofc it can Munster why can’t it…?

It’s like saying City can’t be favourites for the title last year as this is a new season and that was last season….

• Raj of Hailsley

Jun 21, 2022 at 8:21 AM

Mund,
    I read back on the blog and replied to Munsters post as well, I was also in part replying to martoons point about getting carried away. Nobody is saying not to dream big, if you wish to spend the rest of your days stuck in bedazzlement like an awestruck Susun Boyle and thinking your Martin Luther King or Winston Churchill then that’s up to. People discussing what they think is achievable is not telling people they can’t dream big.

• Raj of Hailsley

Jun 21, 2022 at 8:25 AM

Tyran,
    We may well have. PL seasons are littered with teams who’ve had strong finishes or strong starts only to peter out and finish seventh or eighth. Carrying it over a full season is the hard part. We can only speculate what Eddie H might have done with that team prior to getting reinforcements.

Jun 21, 2022 at 8:26 AM

Raj

You act like an intelligent bloke but you can’t grasp what ignoring means.

Constantly people ask for us to ignore each other as we bring the place down but you can’t help yourself.

I don’t respect you or your opinion. I honestly don’t think you know what you talk about most the time but that’s my outlook and opinion on you and you will have a pretty similar one on me I would think.

So be a grown up and ignore me. You have plenty to chat with so it won’t be hard.

Enjoy your day

• Raj of Hailsley

Jun 21, 2022 at 8:33 AM

Mund,
    My post wasn’t addressed to you although it covered what you were discussing with martoon. Why didn’t you simply ignore my post that didn’t even have your name in it.
    Besides, I thought you didn’t read my posts.

Jun 21, 2022 at 8:33 AM

This was a direct response to my post. Play games all you want but it’s clear as day. Now be a good blogger and ignore me

Mund
    Jun 20, 2022 at 11:47 PM
    We finished on form as a top four team with the squad we have now…

Take away the 5 new signings it’s the same exact squad that played so horrifying under Bruce…

Top 4 form!

Add to what we have with quality additions…

Then I say dare to dream big

HWTL

Raj of Hailsley
    Jun 21, 2022 at 6:36 AM
    To say we had top four form this year doesn’t tell the full story. Our new look team didn’t play everyone twice so teams didn’t know what to expect. The one team we did play twice, Everton, who were bloody poor beat us the second time round. Dream big all you want but let’s have some realism as well on our conversations. You can’t rule out a top six finish but I doubt anyone is planning on it. I think having to deal with an EL/CnfL the season after next is a step too far, we just haven’t got the squad for it and won’t have in three windows time.

Jun 21, 2022 at 8:33 AM

Who else mentioned top 4 form….?

Jun 21, 2022 at 8:34 AM

So I join in with what Samantha asked and I get accused of reading your posts and jumping in on a conversation when it was clearly not and what…? This is different…?

• Tyran21

Jun 21, 2022 at 8:38 AM

Munster Mag

It’s also a case of it can be continued, no one knows. Nobody saying Newcastle WILL qualify for Europe competition, but there is a realistic chance when you see Newcastle go toes to toes with Man Utd, West Ham and Arsenal.

• lesh

Jun 21, 2022 at 8:40 AM

What’s all this about some wanting others not to comment on their posts? Fair enough if post’s are addressed to anyone in particular but if they’re not, then surely they must be posted for the eyes of the world at large and thus open for comment?

If people want private conversations, surely they’d be best conducting ’em on another platform.

• the crown princes nashers

Jun 21, 2022 at 8:41 AM

morning ladies and gents 🙂

hope your feeling a lot better this morning tom 🙂

• Tyran21

Jun 21, 2022 at 8:48 AM

the crown princes nashers

You are right about Everton, I missed out important info about it. Everton need to proof their covid claims to be legit to avoid punishment. They will be safe if they can proof about 125.5-150.5mil of the claims are legit I think. Depends on how EPL going to calculate year 2020 and 2021 losses into one financial year. Also the extra 25mil headroom for losses too.

• Darnik

Jun 21, 2022 at 8:48 AM

Drewid
    I have to agree with you on Bramble, he had all the attributes to be a good defender but just couldn’t concentrate for the full 90 minutes, as you said every one of his moments seemed to lead to a goal which emphasised them leading to people thinking he was worse than he actually was,shame really

Jun 21, 2022 at 8:51 AM

YCMIU

The lefty goes on at me for arguing and bickering but when I’m trying to keep that off the blog he says it’s fair game… 😆

Eeeeehhh those lefties are a funny bunch

• Raj of Hailsley

Jun 21, 2022 at 8:54 AM

Mund,
    My post didn’t have your name in it and it was in part to martoons post. You commented directly to my post about getting rid of Bruce, nobody else had mentioned him. Because you didn’t like my answer you told me to ignore you. You claim you don’t even read my posts so how did you see that one without it being addressed to you. My post was not insulting at all, it was a reasoned point about consistent form over a season. You spit the dummy when you don’t like an answer, you’ll argue till your blue in the face if you think you are right.

Jun 21, 2022 at 8:54 AM

Newcastle United FC
    @NUFC
    Today we remember Cheick Tioté on what would have been his 36th birthday.

Rest in peace Cheicky – we’ll never forget you.

RIP Cheicky. Forever a legend and never forgotten

• lesh

Jun 21, 2022 at 8:55 AM

Mund

Despite your denials, you invite conflict with comments like that @ 109.

• Raj of Hailsley

Jun 21, 2022 at 8:56 AM

Wor B,
    “City will have an obligation to make the deal permanent should certain performance-related criteria be met”
    Whether that’s solely appearances or as I suspect relies on Norwich getting promoted isn’t clear.

Jun 21, 2022 at 8:57 AM

The two top lines of those posts says it all.

It might not of been insulting but it will lead to that as we don’t give a shit about each other’s opinions. So why bother….?

Why…? Pointless and everyone on here knows were it goes.

I think you’re a twat and you think the same of me.

Move on as nobody cares

Jun 21, 2022 at 8:57 AM

Lesh

Not being funny fella but you’re a fart in the wind lad. Not much conflict in you.

• Raj of Hailsley

Jun 21, 2022 at 9:00 AM

Mund,
    We had top four form in the second half of the season. You are not the only person to have mentioned it and I have made my point about it not telling the fl story either.

• lesh

Jun 21, 2022 at 9:04 AM

Mund

You’ve set your stall out for all to see.

Jun 21, 2022 at 9:07 AM

FOOTBALLFANSSTUFF
    @officialffsnews
    11h
    Julian Brandt will reportedly become a new NUFC player from Dortmund.

• CLINT FLICK