web analytics

Newcastle Contemplating Bid For Versatile Porto Attacker – Report

Newcastle are reportedly contemplating a bid for Porto winger Pepe according to UOLEsporte’s Jeremias Wernek. The Brazilian journalist tweeted the following earlier today which translates to:

Pepê, Portuguese champion for Porto, is in Newcastle’s sights. The English team may present an official proposal in the coming days. Grêmio has 12.5% of profit from the sale.

Pepe joined Porto from Brazil’s Gremio last summer for around £13m. The winger made 42 appearances in all competitions for the Portuguese champions, though only about half of those were starts.

The 25-year-old saw an increased presence in the starting eleven after Luis Diaz’s move to Liverpool in January. He is a right-footed winger who generally can play on the left or right.

This could be a difficult transfer to complete as he’s only been at Porto for one season. As Wernek mentions, 12.5% of any profit on a sale will go to Gremio. Porto are not short of cash after selling center-back Fabio Vieira to Arsenal earlier this week.

The versatile attacker could be seen as a cheaper option to Leverkusen’s Moussa Diaby. He won’t cost anywhere near the Frenchman’s £50m valuation and would slot in nicely with Newcastle’s Brazilian contingent of Bruno Guimaraes and Joelinton.

• Romford mag

Jun 22, 2022 at 5:26 PM

Another Brazilian

• toon22

Jun 22, 2022 at 5:26 PM

Can’t have too many Brazilians

😉

• Romford mag

Jun 22, 2022 at 5:27 PM

Tru dat 😀

• Sir Pugalot, the Dutch Bulldog

Jun 22, 2022 at 5:28 PM

If Mund and jail go to a game together, and I mean seat by seat, I will pay for their night out… no other bloggers needed.

• Sir Pugalot, the Dutch Bulldog

Jun 22, 2022 at 5:29 PM

Roms…. I do not even know where to start

• The Mighty Quinn

Jun 22, 2022 at 5:30 PM

Some photos on this link regarding the make over of St James Park I posted last night.

• Sir Pugalot, the Dutch Bulldog

Jun 22, 2022 at 5:31 PM

Personally I live near Bushy Park. Fact (copyright Mund)

• Romford mag

Jun 22, 2022 at 5:31 PM

Peter

I wouldn’t try doing it yourself mate !! 😆

• Ketsbaia9

Jun 22, 2022 at 5:32 PM

Assuming Pope signs, we need 2 left backs, 2 right backs, 2 centre backs, 2 holding midfielders, 2 box-to-box midfielders, 1 playmaker, 2 wingers and 4 strikers.

• Sir Pugalot, the Dutch Bulldog

Jun 22, 2022 at 5:32 PM

Rom too late…. but your suggestion is valid

• Sir Pugalot, the Dutch Bulldog

Jun 22, 2022 at 5:36 PM

Kets, I love you!!!!

• kilcline

Jun 22, 2022 at 5:41 PM

Need to go all out for Diaby and signal our intent.

• ITUNDERASHELL

Jun 22, 2022 at 5:45 PM

Looks like I may have to go for the Brazil shirt with all these Brazilians signing on. Mind you the warm up shirt is a humdinger!

• JohnJ

Jun 22, 2022 at 5:45 PM

Toon 22

Nice to see you back posting Marra!

• ITUNDERASHELL

Jun 22, 2022 at 5:51 PM

A little bit of Samba to get you in the mood!

• Munster Mag

Jun 22, 2022 at 6:08 PM

Kets you’re an ashole

• Romford mag

Jun 22, 2022 at 6:12 PM

There’s only one other Brazilian I’d like to join us !

Paqueta please 🙂

• Mund

Jun 22, 2022 at 6:14 PM

I thought you were more Kojak than Brazilian 😉

• Romford mag

Jun 22, 2022 at 6:16 PM

yul brynner 🙂

• Mund

Jun 22, 2022 at 6:18 PM

More like Butterbean 😉

• JohnJ

Jun 22, 2022 at 6:21 PM

On the first night of their honeymoon, the husband isn’t sure how to tell his bride about his stinky feet and smelly socks, while the wife is wondering how to break the news to him about her awful breath, which so far, she’s been able to cover up.

After some soul-searching, the husband gathers his nerve and says, I have a confession.

She draws closer, peers into his eyes, and says, Darling, so do I.

Recoiling, he says, Don’t tell me – you’ve eaten my socks.

• TOM

Jun 22, 2022 at 6:22 PM

kobrillian

• hibbit

Jun 22, 2022 at 6:23 PM

that Castore warm up shirt is a real prawn sandwich job perfect for fake fans, bloody awful,
    that will never be seen on the streets of Newcastle pure crap ,

• Raj of Hailsley

Jun 22, 2022 at 6:26 PM

It’s funny how we’ve built ourselves up in to getting Paqueta despite there being no real links other than mates with Bruno, it would be class if we did get him mind. I wonder if the bookies are manipulating those Eriksen odds.

• Raj of Hailsley

Jun 22, 2022 at 6:28 PM

Me and a mate are linking up our supporter numbers to try and get two tickets together. I’ve also got my mates two tickets on the Mburn/Leazes and a guy at work wants me to take his two Platinum club tickets in the week we overlap at work, they’re nearly £60 a pop though.

• Raj of Hailsley

Jun 22, 2022 at 6:33 PM

I mean I’ve got my mates in the Milburn Leazes when he can’t make it.

• Tyran21

Jun 22, 2022 at 6:35 PM

Raj of Hailsley

Paqueta’s link was back in Jan, anyway lesser the noise the better.

• Goal Linton

Jun 22, 2022 at 6:42 PM

I think the signing of Pope is monumental in a subtle manner as to the direction this club is heading.

This transfer indicates the level of competition for every position will be greatly enhanced.

GK was not an immediate priority for strengthening as Darlow has provided adequate cover and even had a spell when he looked like a potential No1 and Woodman looked set to compete after his successful spell with Swansea.

But the arrival of Pope to compete with Dubravka immediately pushes those two great servants to Newcastle out of the picture.

It’s a great signing for where we are at right now similar to the excellent acquisition of Target.

Rather than distrust the flow of our current progress and momentum with marquee signings similar transfers to Pope and Targett to build competition for places is a real signal of intent for the future United Newcastle

• WLtoon

Jun 22, 2022 at 6:42 PM

Well, my persistence in getting Pope has reaped rewards ,it didn`t take me long to persuade him to join the project.
    Great signing, a super pro on top of his game, and for relative peanuts.
    Henderson is decent but has hardly set foot on the pitch, and Manure do like to take the piss don`t they.
    Imo, we got a far better deal in Pope, who could be in the England squad in November.

• snowdone

Jun 22, 2022 at 6:44 PM

Hibbit, don’t hold back on your opinion about the warm-up shirt! I like it and it promotes the city.

Porto are unlikely to sell this winger.

Patience remains the key.

• Ashingtoon62

Jun 22, 2022 at 6:48 PM

Fantastic signing pope (when we get him ofc)

If it’s only £10m,even better,a very astute bit of business that..

I wonder though if it’s somehow connected to the exorbitant £25m paid for Wood 😛

An added bonus to his signing will be that he can usurp Pickford for the WC 😀

• Goal Linton

Jun 22, 2022 at 6:50 PM

WLtoon

Great post re Pope

Henderson may be or may be not a better GK than Pope bit we are living in the here and now and Pope has proven to be a solid GK where as Henderson is presumed to be a good GK because he is at Man U and had one good season with Sheff U

Great signing who adds competition for places and who will fit our current ethics and will have a raw hunger for success

• Ashingtoon62

Jun 22, 2022 at 6:50 PM

snowdone
    What shirt? could you put a link up please? Ta..

• ITUNDERASHELL

Jun 22, 2022 at 6:50 PM

hibbit

Jun 22, 2022 at 6:23 PM

A bit harsh there fella.

• WLtoon

Jun 22, 2022 at 6:51 PM

I remember when KK joined as manager, his first signings were players who had proven quality for the particular lge we were in, players he could trust. Venison, Bracewell, Kilkline etc, not world beaters but superb pro`s, and it worked superbly.
    The recruitment team now seem to be doing the same, bringing in proven quality without spending an absolute fortune. throw in one or two big names and i think history will be bettered.

• Great White Hunter

Jun 22, 2022 at 6:51 PM

Evening all, my transfer window would be the following…….Targett, Pope, who I think is a very,very good goalkeeper, he,ll be good over the next 5 years, Botman, Erickson, Ekitike, Paqueta, and like Rom mentioned earlier Diarby, a special signing, IMO. Another thing, I just think it’s great we have so many Irish lads following Newcastle, really pleased, as they are a great,knowledgeable nation. It’s quite strange we don’t have a lot of Scottish lads following us, as we live quite close etc….I might be wrong, so no offensive taken. Cheers all. GWH

• Goal Linton

Jun 22, 2022 at 6:52 PM

Come back Toon 22

You kept me.going at times.during the takeover

• hibbit

Jun 22, 2022 at 6:52 PM

snowdone
    i’ve liked all the others, bot for me that’s just cheap naff, but ha it’s your £70 quid if you like it that much buy it 😆

• Ashingtoon62

Jun 22, 2022 at 6:53 PM

Pope is proven and Henderson isn’t.

Pope is a fantastic sweeper,Dubs isn’t.

I think he will be our No 1…

• Ketsbaia9

Jun 22, 2022 at 6:53 PM

Thanks. It’s true though. We need 17 new players. How many holding players do we have? Guimaraes looks more like a box-to-box midfielder to me. We should’ve sign Boubacar Kamara, but he chose Villa because of Gerrard. Ibrahima Sissoko would be a decent signing. I’d also sign Raphael Guerriero and Nicolas Tagliafico to seal the left back position. Get rid of Dummet and loan Matt Targett out to Fulham. Mbabu and Djed Spence would be great signing at right back. Get rid of Manquillo, Krafth and Trippier. Trippier is overrated and I’d take £20m for him.

1 2 3 5