web analytics

Newcastle Contemplating Bid For Versatile Porto Attacker – Report

Newcastle are reportedly contemplating a bid for Porto winger Pepe according to UOLEsporte’s Jeremias Wernek. The Brazilian journalist tweeted the following earlier today which translates to:

Pepê, Portuguese champion for Porto, is in Newcastle’s sights. The English team may present an official proposal in the coming days. Grêmio has 12.5% of profit from the sale.

Pepe joined Porto from Brazil’s Gremio last summer for around £13m. The winger made 42 appearances in all competitions for the Portuguese champions, though only about half of those were starts.

The 25-year-old saw an increased presence in the starting eleven after Luis Diaz’s move to Liverpool in January. He is a right-footed winger who generally can play on the left or right.

This could be a difficult transfer to complete as he’s only been at Porto for one season. As Wernek mentions, 12.5% of any profit on a sale will go to Gremio. Porto are not short of cash after selling center-back Fabio Vieira to Arsenal earlier this week.

The versatile attacker could be seen as a cheaper option to Leverkusen’s Moussa Diaby. He won’t cost anywhere near the Frenchman’s £50m valuation and would slot in nicely with Newcastle’s Brazilian contingent of Bruno Guimaraes and Joelinton.

• Ashingtoon62

Jun 22, 2022 at 7:34 PM

Tom
    read your post @58 and just howay man!

• Tom

Jun 22, 2022 at 7:34 PM

THe Derby fans want ashley i tried warning them but they want him i sort of see their point if nothing is sorted soon the club could go under .

• Ashingtoon62

Jun 22, 2022 at 7:36 PM

Magic

Aye but I think they could offer the big bucks,that he will surely be looking for now, more than ever..

How did the golf gan anyway?

• IrishRob

Jun 22, 2022 at 7:37 PM

That warm up Jersey is hardly real is it? I could be wrong but When have we ever had a warm up Jersey? We have warm up zippers and wear the match Jersey underneath buy I don’t remember warm up Jerseys specifically.

• Tom

Jun 22, 2022 at 7:38 PM

ASH ..

howay where we gannin like . i was supposed to go see my older sister at newsham farm estate this weekend but i cant go because of this covid bug , pity i could have met up with you for a couple of pints with you .

• Ashingtoon62

Jun 22, 2022 at 7:39 PM

I’m sure Bury fans would have welcomed the fat one..

• Raj of Hailsley

Jun 22, 2022 at 7:42 PM

It’s going to create a buzz before you even see the flags, it’s going to be some experience in their.

• magicmac54

Jun 22, 2022 at 7:43 PM

• Darnik

Jun 22, 2022 at 7:46 PM

Aah
    I can’t help myself with that total bell end

Bat shit crazy is a perfect description mate

• Ashingtoon62

Jun 22, 2022 at 7:46 PM

Tom

Only if you had diverted to Lincoln.. 😀

• Raj of Hailsley

Jun 22, 2022 at 7:48 PM

Munster Mag,
    Are you about, I have a proposition for you.

• The Taco Taker

Jun 22, 2022 at 7:49 PM

Fair points with Bury and Derbys circumstances. It just saddens me when people become reliant on Ashley for help…we know how that plays out just as so many of his employees know.

Thinking about it is making me feel sad on an otherwise beautiful Wednesday evening.

I lift my spirits with the fact that Pope is a great signing at the price and I suspect there will be more great signings to follow (and not necessarily the constantly mentioned names we keep hearing every 5 mins)

• Raj of Hailsley

Jun 22, 2022 at 7:51 PM

I hope there’s loads more photo’s of what they’re doing inside the stadium.

• Ashingtoon62

Jun 22, 2022 at 7:51 PM

Magicmac

I thought that was ganning to be a video, of your hole in one today…

• Ashingtoon62

Jun 22, 2022 at 7:52 PM

TTT

Thumbs up thingy marra..

• Tom

Jun 22, 2022 at 7:53 PM

Ash .

shit i forgot you lived there i used to live in Coningsby , worked on the RAF base there for a year .

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 22, 2022 at 7:54 PM

Mr Tuff

Re your comment on there being many bloggers with no sense of humour, I’ve been waiting for a humour transplant on the NHS for years, have you seen the waiting list for that operation, just no hope for a lot of us!

• Raj of Hailsley

Jun 22, 2022 at 7:54 PM

TTT,
    The trouble is, after years of shite they have different expectations to us, they’d probably be happy if he had them in the same situation as us and he might not treat them with such contempt.

• magicmac54

Jun 22, 2022 at 7:54 PM

Ashingtoon 62

I get what your saying about Manure still in with a shoot of landing Eriksen, i still think the Toon are in with a chance of landing him, in my humble opinion he will probably go back to Spurs, if not i think it will be between Brentford or Newcastle, but he would be a tremendous signing if we could get him Ash, and fits the criteria in the type of players Eddie is looking for in terms of a model professional with good character and attitude, not forgetting he is a bloody good player HWTL

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 22, 2022 at 7:55 PM

Peter I watched the game until the conclusion, my lesson was learned! 🙂

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 22, 2022 at 7:57 PM

But I agree with you re. Eriksen, I think he’ll stay ;loyal to the Bee’s at least I hope he does.

• WLtoon

Jun 22, 2022 at 7:58 PM

Bury went under for what seems like peanuts these days, i dare say that if the likes of Gateshead were in a similar fettle our owners would do their upmost to try and help them out. Not that it is a PL teams obligation to do that, it`s just a great gesture to help out fellow neighbor`s for the good of the game.
    Unfortunately Bury are near neighbors (7 miles) to the greediest bunch of money grabbers on the planet, so the poor buggers had no chance

• The Taco Taker

Jun 22, 2022 at 8:00 PM

True Raj

btw do you know when FTL starts? I saw your earlier post and I was also planning to get Trippier in my team for sure.

• magicmac54

Jun 22, 2022 at 8:02 PM

Ashingtoon 62

Apologies i forgot about my golf round today, well some good shots and some that wont last long in the memory 😀 😀 it`s the good ones that keep bringing you back Ash, it`s like a drug, at least it`s a bit of good exercise Ash if nothing else 😀

• Raj of Hailsley

Jun 22, 2022 at 8:05 PM

TTT,
    People thought it was going to be a lot earlier this year due to the early season. They’ll start with a few price reveals of different players then we’ll get lift off.

• Ashingtoon62

Jun 22, 2022 at 8:06 PM

Tom
    I live 10 miles from Lincoln,towards Conningsby..

The Typhoons are based there now,the bastards fly ower my hoose at two in the morning with the afterburners on,even more so now with the Ukrainian situation.

My neighbour she’s 89,she said “you should have heard them during the war,the Lancasters!”
    We live about a quarter of a mile from the auld airbase but nee way could twenty Lancasters make the noise of one of those beasts.
    But I suppose in a wartime scenario,things must have been pretty stressful…

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 22, 2022 at 8:07 PM

WLtoon

Aye, I’d love to see the likes of the Heed getting backing from our owners it could only be good for the region in general.

And yeah poor Bury they have had a shitty deal!

• Ashingtoon62

Jun 22, 2022 at 8:09 PM

Magicmac

Iv’e got a set of golf clubs in me spare room!

The son bought them and played aboot twice,I keep asking “do you want to take these clubs to your house”
    Just get the shrug..lol

• Raj of Hailsley

Jun 22, 2022 at 8:11 PM

Watching Stranger things S3 but haven’t got a clue what happened in 1&2 anymore. The recaps haven’t been much use either 😕

• Ashingtoon62

Jun 22, 2022 at 8:12 PM

FPL

Haaland and Mitro are my tips.. 😉

• Ashingtoon62

Jun 22, 2022 at 8:13 PM

Oh and Pope is nailed on,considering his CS potential…

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 22, 2022 at 8:14 PM

Ashingtoon

We get the ammunition testing bangs from Foulness, probably nowhere near as loud as what you are getting though! 🙂

• Tom

Jun 22, 2022 at 8:16 PM

ASH .

people dont realize how noisy them jets are mate , and the yanks had their own base on the Conningsby site , best thing about the yanks side was their PX far cheaper than the Naafi used to love shopping in there .

i think what your neighbor meant was during the war they use to fly over england like a hundred at a time and vice versa off the germans

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 22, 2022 at 8:16 PM

Jail

Monsters from another dimension were getting into into our world but our intrepid heroes managed to stop them!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 22, 2022 at 8:18 PM

We must be getting close to pre-season training!

• WLtoon

Jun 22, 2022 at 8:18 PM

EGB

Our owners seem the type to help a local club in trouble, Bury went under for less than what Ronaldo brings in a week, typical self indulgence Mancs attitude.
    So glad we went for Pope instead of Henderson, can`t stand the club.

• Ashingtoon62

Jun 22, 2022 at 8:21 PM

1st of July Bill..

• Raj of Hailsley

Jun 22, 2022 at 8:27 PM

EGB,
    I can’t remember their being any Russians and if all that was happening how come the place wasn’t under investigation from NASA or the RSPCA?