web analytics

Journalist States Pursuit Of Ekitike Is Not Over But Other Targets Now In Play

Luke Edwards has taken to Twitter in the wake of a report that Newcastle have moved on from Ekitike. Edwards believes there is still some lingering hope an agreement can be reached but for now, other options are being looked at.

The obstacle appears to be solely down to Ekitike’s agents. 90min’s Graeme Bailey reported this morning that the striker’s representatives are seeking excessive fees. He claimed Newcastle have walked away but are willing to return should they soften their demands.

There isn’t much more in these recent updates from Edwards’ report earlier in the week. The move has been stalled by Ekitike’s agents, who are looking to cash in on the transfer of their client. They’ve not have much success with Newcastle so they are shopping him around Europe.

Ekitike appears keen to make the jump to Tyneside. If nothing develops in the next few weeks from other clubs, it will put pressure on his agents to return to Newcastle and reach an agreement.

On a brighter note, here is a smiling Nick Pope arriving for his medical at Newcastle.

Who Do You Think Will Be Newcastle's First Choice Goalkeeper Next Season?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jun 23, 2022 at 4:32 PM

Adamn

Careful with that vegan popcorn lark, you’ll be accused of being woke again

• Romford mag

Jun 23, 2022 at 4:33 PM

niafron

A very good point !

I didn’t think of that !

• Adamn_92

Jun 23, 2022 at 4:36 PM

Rom

Unless it’s buttered I guess? Salted which is undoubtedly the best popcorn will be vegan anyway 🙂

• Mund

Jun 23, 2022 at 4:37 PM

Howay! It has to be sweet that’s the best…

Don’t mind a mixture but just salted is rank

Each to their own tho

• CLINT FLICK

Jun 23, 2022 at 4:38 PM

If it’s a batsman, is it a bowlsman?
    If it’s a bowler, is it a batter?
    If it’s a batsman, what if it’s woman?

Asking for…no one!

😀

• CLINT FLICK

Jun 23, 2022 at 4:39 PM

Toffee popcorn, or do one!

😀

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jun 23, 2022 at 4:39 PM

The blog is descending into tedium, think it’s my time to check-out. Enjoy your popcorn lads and lasses, play nice.

• A Geordie Mongrel

Jun 23, 2022 at 4:40 PM

ROM, the only time the batsman at the bowler’s end can be out is if the bails are removed and he is not in his ground. In this case Nicholls was out as the ball was caught before it hit the ground after he struck it. Been watching cricket over 50 years, never saw anything like that before.

• CLINT FLICK

Jun 23, 2022 at 4:41 PM

Ruddy

Whatever ya do mate, don’t be awake!

Ffs!
    Are you mad?
    You’ll be wanting world peace, harmony and sharing next.

😀

• CLINT FLICK

Jun 23, 2022 at 4:45 PM

AGM

There was that time where the vatter smacked the ball, it flew down the gizzard of the other batsthing, they all had to wait ’til they went to the bog, and the fieldsperson caught it.
    Out…they cried!!!

😀

• Mister Tuff

Jun 23, 2022 at 4:46 PM

That is a good shout to check out. I think I will as well – for a couple of hours. I detect a couple of long billed trouble makers are circling for aggro/mischief.

Beaky bastads trying to goad. Big hooter brigade.

• A Geordie Mongrel

Jun 23, 2022 at 4:47 PM

IMO the only snack that should be salted is peanuts. Salted peanuts means beer needed. Would not dream of popcorn and beer. Shudder. 😮

• Romford mag

Jun 23, 2022 at 4:51 PM

AGM

Just never off the bar in a pub 😳

• A Geordie Mongrel

Jun 23, 2022 at 4:52 PM

Clint, the thought of passing a cricket ball brought tears to my eyes. 😆

It’s looking increasingly likely that we will sign Pope. At the price being talked about he is an absolute steal, what a piece of business! As for Ekitike he is being badly advised. Until 2015 agents had to be qualified (FA course and exam). Now as long as you have no criminal record and £500 to spare anyone can do it.

• Mister Tuff

Jun 23, 2022 at 4:54 PM

Quick last post. I like salted cashew nuts but I wouldn’t think that means I do not like salted peanuts or that I don’t like other food(s).

• A Geordie Mongrel

Jun 23, 2022 at 4:54 PM

ROM, shudder again. 😆

• Toon fans bad

Jun 23, 2022 at 4:55 PM

KP Salt and Vinegar peanuts are decent I feel, the Salt and Vinegar roasted ones are a rare find and should be pounced on when come across.

I give them my full recommend 😆

• CLINT FLICK

Jun 23, 2022 at 4:55 PM

AGM

I figured you’d have a chuckle at my dumb story, being a goons fan, ‘n all!?!

Ya know, just trying to lighten proceedings.

😉

• A Geordie Mongrel

Jun 23, 2022 at 4:55 PM

Mr Tuff, I see what you did there. Now that’s funny! 😆

• CLINT FLICK

Jun 23, 2022 at 4:58 PM

AGM

That agent bs sounds like a tory law!

Deregulation of shit that should be regulated!

Ah well!
    Way of the world!

What could possibly go wrong?

😀

• A Geordie Mongrel

Jun 23, 2022 at 4:59 PM

Clint, it worked! 🙂

• niafron

Jun 23, 2022 at 4:59 PM

I recommand “les amandes pralinées”. Praline almonds in english?

• CLINT FLICK

Jun 23, 2022 at 5:00 PM

AGM

😀

• Toon fans bad

Jun 23, 2022 at 5:06 PM

Wor Tuff has been hitting some top form on a consistent basis recently, It’s great to see. An integral cog in the blog machine and vital for balance.

• Bills Son Is Back

Jun 23, 2022 at 5:07 PM

Nut talk…

Those crusty salted Beer Nuts were my fav – they seem to have disappeared off the map.

KP nuts, especially dry roasted are awful – even a new pack tastes like the nuts are months old.

Aldi’s dry roasted are far better and it’s a massive bag for about £1.25 – I bag em up and take them to the pub. The dog loves em as well.

Aldi’s salted cashews are the biz – but they pile the weight on.

And…

Kets is the biggest nut of all.

• Bills Son Is Back

Jun 23, 2022 at 5:10 PM

Talking about pubs and nuts…

I was in my local the other day and there was this lass playing pool while balancing a pint on head…

Went by the name of…

Beatrix Potter.

🙂

• Bills Son Is Back

Jun 23, 2022 at 5:11 PM

Beatrix reckoned she’d just been sacked from her job at a calendar factory…

For taking a day off.

• magicmac54

Jun 23, 2022 at 5:12 PM

Niafron

Apologies for my late reply mate, i had to nip out in the car to get a few things. In reference to the reports the Ekitike deal has collapsed, there is so many conflicting reports every day on both Ekitike and Botman i personally take all these reports by the journalists and so called experts with a large spoon of salt mate, at the end of the day i think we will all be very happy with the business the owners do at the end of the window. The objective was achieved in getting rid of Ashley and that other clown Lee Charnley, job done Niafron 😀 😀 HWTL

• Bills Son Is Back

Jun 23, 2022 at 5:13 PM

Beatrix said her addiction to crossword puzzles was making her depressed…

I said…

Try not to get too down.

• A Geordie Mongrel

Jun 23, 2022 at 5:14 PM

Niafron, I once had roasted almonds dusted in chilli powder while in Portugal. Delicious and they needed beer too! 😆

Bills, too funny mate!

• Bills Son Is Back

Jun 23, 2022 at 5:15 PM

Beatrix showed me a pic of her singing an REA song at karaoke…

That’s me in the corner, she said.

• JohnJ

Jun 23, 2022 at 5:16 PM

I’m not a cricket fan but I recall a radio comentry (I think it was radion but it may well have been TV)

“The Batsman’s Holding – The Bowler’s Willie”

For those that weren’t around at the time….

The Batsman was Indian and called “Holding” and The Bowler was English and called “Willie” a rather unfortunate comment on air!

• Bills Son Is Back

Jun 23, 2022 at 5:16 PM

And lastly…

Her husband was sacked from his job as a courier…

For not delivering the goods.

• JohnJ

Jun 23, 2022 at 5:17 PM

Radio!

• lochinvar

Jun 23, 2022 at 5:17 PM

When Ektite arrives he will have a French buddy in Max to act as a Godfather (in the good sense)

Bruno has Joelinton.

Pope has Wood.

Makes for a happy camp.

Dont’ underestimate the buddy system, it means no one is isolated and bonds develop.

Great teams are made of this.

• Bills Son Is Back

Jun 23, 2022 at 5:19 PM

REA ??

REM 🙂

• Toon fans bad

Jun 23, 2022 at 5:21 PM

I usually opt for the porky scratchings in a boozer, proper ones though, the Mr Porky ones. Or maybe the Scampi Fries.

Getting hungry now, could be some air fryer anecdotes later 😆

• SuperShearer

Jun 23, 2022 at 5:23 PM

@Tyran21 – sorry, I misunderstood – feels strange but that would never happen in the agent land I worked in. If a client desperately wanted to do a project an agent wouldn’t stand in the way of that. Because if they did, they’d risk getting fired.

It seems to me if Ekitike wants to come he could force his agent to accept smaller fee, offer to pay some of the fee himself, or… and this is what would happen when I worked in talent agenting, he fires the agent or threatens to to push the move through.

But this is football where I assume the client / player doesn’t actually pay the agent anything?! Which is strange to me. Instead the agent always gets a fee from the club. So the club has to pay: The selling club, The Player AND the Agent?!

Something is so wrong with the system.

When you buy a house you pay the seller who in turn gives a cut of the price to the agent. That’s it.

In football it’s in an agent’s best interest to have his client move as often as possible to ensure they can keep leveraging ‘fees’ from all these clubs.

• morocco0015

Jun 23, 2022 at 6:22 PM

Raj,
    not guilty, I’m a perenial lurker who loves reading about NUFC.
    I only post when an unemployed, housebound keyboard warrior Smoggy gets himself all irate and snidy and spoils my browsing as he has done since early doors today again !!!!