web analytics

French Report Claims Ekitike Will Not Be Landing At PSG

Newcastle have moved on from Hugo Ekitike according to multiple reports. Unless his agent reaches out while lessening his ‘ridiculous’ demands, there appears to be little chance the 20-year-old Frenchman will become a Magpie.

Fabrizio Romano tweeted the following earlier this morning. He, along with other outlets, continues to claim that PSG is interested in the young striker.

However, a report in Le Parisien stands in stark contrast to most outlets. They claim Reims have leaked the interest of PSG in order to drive up the price of their prized forward.

The report claims Ekitike is not on PSG’s list of targets. However, Newcastle-linked Gianluca Scamacca of Sassuolo is on that list. This could be an interesting development in this saga.

A recent claim that Real Madrid was hoping to add Ekitike to their growing French contingent was quickly shot down. Bayern Munich have also been credited with an interest but only if Robert Lewandowski is sold.

A potential disaster for Reims and Ekitike could arise if these clubs don’t come knocking this summer and Newcastle land another target. His agent has taken a gamble which could end up as an own goal if the 20-year-old doesn’t get a prominent move.

For many Newcastle fans, the bridge may have been burned. This report claims Ekitike doesn’t want to join Newcastle, which is ultimately his decision. Eddie Howe and company only want players who are pining to come to St. James’ Park.

Though, we can’t always trust what is reported. Sven Botman’s imminent confirmation is proof of that. If Ekitike’s move can be mended, many will welcome him with open arms. For now, it is best to get behind other targets.

Who Do You Think Will Be Newcastle's First Choice Goalkeeper Next Season?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Mund

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:02 PM

Ledge

From previous

Short memories mate or they don’t know a thing.

• Raj of Hailsley

• Mund

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:02 PM

😆

• Mund

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:04 PM

Adam

So when I said the other day that fans have been overreacting about Botman and Ekitike and you defended the fact they didn’t… how come now you admit to Ruddy it was tedious etc etc…?

It’s like deja vu

• Mund

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:04 PM

Karma is a bitch 😎

• Raj of Hailsley

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:04 PM

It really does make a sticky wicket for Etikite if he gets stranded and nobody else is willing to stump up the cash. He might look a bit dafter than he originally did in those Rupert bear trousers, if that’s at all possible.

• Darnik

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:05 PM

I don’t think we have the luxury of easing top players in like Liverpool and as Ruddy said there’s plenty of opportunity for Burn and Botman to get game time especially with our cup runs 😉

• Wor B

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:06 PM

Someone asked for popcorn?

• Adamn_92

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:06 PM

AGM

I’ve wondered that myself and i’m not sure. I think maybe the shape of our team next season depends on what business we do between now and the window shutting. If we sign a striker who Howe feels is ready to go from the off, it may be hard to leave him or Wilson on the bench, so would we go 2 up top?

If we went for a back 3 with Burn, Schar and Botman with Trips and Targett pushed higher, I guess we could maybe go for a 5-2-3. Those 5 as mentioned at the back, Joe and Bruno as the 2 in the middle with ASM one wide attacker, new signing the other side and Wilson up top. Could be flexible as essentially can play it as a 3-4-3 with Trips and Targett pushed higher up, with either Bruno or Joe license to push higher up and the other one covers them when they go.

Who knows though, if we sign another central mid then i imagine we’ll still see 3 in the middle and 4-3-3 seemed to fit us really well so i’d be surprised if we don’t start the season with that shape.

• Raj of Hailsley

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:07 PM

Darnik,
    Five subs is going to be a massive game changer this season as well, it’s going to take a bit of getting used to.

• The Ledge

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:07 PM

Mund… it’s just frustrating when you hear people quoting Edwards regarding FFP but ignore experts like Maguire.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:08 PM

Perpetually picking a fight.

• Sir Pugalot, the Dutch Bulldog

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:08 PM

WorB…. always reliable

• Raj of Hailsley

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:08 PM

Did we not play five at the back against Chelsea.

• Mund

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:09 PM

Ledge

It’s just frustrating when someone what’s to debate it but they don’t have all the info.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:09 PM

Regardless of whether it’s due to the rules themselves or as a negotiation tactic to avoid paying ‘Newcastle tax’ or to temper fans’ expectations, we are not going to spend endless sums of money so saying “we could spend £500m and not fall foul of FFP” while possibly accurate is also immaterial – it’s not going to happen.

• Davas

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:09 PM

Darnik

Haha, yeah we’re nowhere near where liverpool were. It was more that the discussion triggered a memory than that I believed we’d do the same. Just thought I’d throw it in. 🙂

• Adamn_92

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:11 PM

Mund

Huh? I don’t understand your point.

Yesterday I said people didn’t go overboard by suggesting we walk from Botman or Ekitike if media reports about them stalling or wanting other clubs was true. Emphasis on IF on those reports being true.

I just said to Ruddy that the sniping between people on here about who was right or wrong about Botman and Ekitike is and has been tedious.

I don’t see how those 2 points have any connection at all? They’re totally different points. One is about me believing fans were entitled to their feelings about Botman and Ekitike if they believed the media reports. The other is about people on here sniping at each other.

No correlation at all and i’m confused why you’ve bought it up.

• Davas

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:11 PM

Hasn’t ffp changed so the stuff Maguire or anybody else said is a bit out of date now.

• Adamn_92

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:13 PM

Mund

I don’t see any correlation between those 2 points and don’t see why you decided to bring it up other than to try and score points, for some reason.

I’m not interested in dragging that back and forth from yesterday up as we clearly felt differently about it, which I said multiple times yesterday. So i’m still happy to leave it there, as I thought you were too.

• Darnik

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:13 PM

Jail
    I forgot about the 5 sub rule oh be Jesus it’ll help us too I guess now we’re bringing more quality in

Davas
    Not yet mate give us 5 years and see where we are

• The Ledge

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:14 PM

Davas…not really no.

• Mund

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:14 PM

Adam

I said about it all being an overreaction and fans sniping and being abusive to the players was over the top but you wanted to tell me it wasn’t when I said it but agree with others who say the same… it’s not the first time…

Like I said deja vu

• Davas

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:15 PM

Darnik

Too true 🙂

• Mund

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:15 PM

Score points…?

Do some of you think this is a game show or what…?

It’s a blog that anyone can answer anyone

• A Geordie Mongrel

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:17 PM

Mund, when you’ve got the moral high ground, keep it. That little outburst brings nothing to the blog and spoils a great read. You post some great football stuff but imo you really need to ignore those you don’t like/respect. Just takes practice and it’s good for your blood pressure too. 🙂

• Adamn_92

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:17 PM

Mund

I’ve just explained clearly the difference. Fans sniping at the players also has nothing to do with either points made.

I explained my point clearly yesterday, i’ve now explained my totally different point in a chat with Ruddy today. I feel there is no connection at all.

If you do then I know I won’t change your mind. But i’m not interested in a back and forth again.

• The Ledge

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:18 PM

Of course, it was over the top.
    Some of the f..kin weirdos were wishing death on the Etikite.
    Others who believed a bunch of Italian Journalists were abusing Botman on Instagram etc.
    These clowns are an embarrassment to our fanbase

• Wor B

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:18 PM

I’m off to lose some golf balls.

Don’t let the popcorn lady eat too much folks, she’s already pre-diabetic.

• Davas

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:18 PM

Ledge

I’ll admit, before people say, that I don’t know the ins and outs of ffp, but surely the fact that infrastructure etc and salaries having to be gradually dropped below 70% of turnover will make things different to what they were

• The Ledge

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:20 PM

My spelling is atrocious.

• Adamn_92

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:20 PM

The Ledge

You always seem to be taking my point differently. I said it wasn’t over the top if fans wanted us to walk away, if they felt that way based on believing media reports that the players weren’t interested.

In no way am I condoning or saying that the abuse given to either player was excusable. I called it out at the time when the Ekitike abusive messages were happening and still will, that that behaviour is unacceptable.

• Adamn_92

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:21 PM

The Ledge

Sorry I meant *You also seem

Not ‘You always seem’.

• Novocastrian66

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:22 PM

Ruddy; I suggested Scamacca as a potential alternative for Etikite earlier today and PSG jump in. Scary.

• barkel

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:22 PM

Perhaps buying Botman & Burn just means that we have 2 quality players for one position. Whoever is performing better in training will play. I know that’s a crazy concept but I think our new owners want to actually be able to compete instead of survive

• The Ledge

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:22 PM

Davas…I know about as much as you, but from what I have read it won’t make a bit of difference.
    Some are even saying they are encouraging owners to use their wealth.

• morocco0015

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:22 PM

the smoggie says NUFC is his life, he bleeds black and white. He lives less than an hour down the road from his beloved team, was he in queue for a ticket ???
    Dole money must’nt stretch that far.!!!

1 2 3 6