web analytics

Newcastle Make Enquiry Over Another Premier League Midfielder – Report

Newcastle have been linked with a few Premier League midfielders this summer. An enquiry for Manchester United’s Scott McTominay was knocked backed early in the window. They are also keeping apprised of Tomas Soucek’s contract situation with West Ham.

CBS Sports’ Ben Jacobs has revealed that Newcastle have asked about Leicester City’s Youri Tielemans. He claims Dan Ashworth has made an enquiry over the 25-year-old.

Tielemans has just 12 months left on his contract leaving his future at the King Power Stadium in question. Brendan Rodgers would love to tie his star midfielder down long-term but has been unable to convince him to put pen to paper.

Jacobs believes Tielemans wants to join Arsenal, who have just added Porto midfielder Fabio Vieira. Gunners’ boss Mikel Arteta still sees Tielemans as a potential option in this window but has yet to make a move.

Newcastle may have been gauging Leicester’s demands for the Belgian international. Despite having one year remaining on his contract, his price tag will still be significant this summer.

The task will also be to convince Tielemans his future is at St. James’ Park. While that prospect has proven much easier since October, Tielemans may have his sights set elsewhere.

He can also opt to see out the final year of his contract and make his decision next summer. If Newcastle have an excellent campaign, the chances of him choosing Tyneside will be much improved.

Who Do You Think Will Be Newcastle's First Choice Goalkeeper Next Season?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Raj of Hailsley

Jul 2, 2022 at 4:43 PM

First 😀

• Bambams

Jul 2, 2022 at 4:46 PM

I would be happier if we got a striker in before we added another midfielder.

This bloke is a very good player none the less.

Hard to guess where we will strengthen next, but its a nice problem to have !

• Raj of Hailsley

Jul 2, 2022 at 4:47 PM

Tom,
    ” so i tried it and low and behold i got both your e-mail addys”
    And??

• CLINT FLICK

Jul 2, 2022 at 4:51 PM

Darnik

Aye mate, funny as…
    But that’s our prerogative, hey?
    😉

• CLINT FLICK

Jul 2, 2022 at 4:53 PM

This guy, soucek, paq, Eriksen.

Paq, still my choice!

• CLINT FLICK

Jul 2, 2022 at 4:54 PM

• CLINT FLICK

Jul 2, 2022 at 4:55 PM

Bambams

Aye, striker!
    Tough to do…but I’m sure we’re totally on that, like.

• CLINT FLICK

Jul 2, 2022 at 4:57 PM

Still like carassco, too.

• Mund

Jul 2, 2022 at 5:01 PM

Now that’s a sexy midfield three…

Big Joe, Bruno, Tielemans

😎

Yes please!

• Munster Mag

Jul 2, 2022 at 5:11 PM

Mund, Tielemans v Erikson v pacqueta

Who wud u choose?

• Raj of Hailsley

Jul 2, 2022 at 5:22 PM

Good for you Tom, so what do you bunch of creeps plan to do with my name, be in that Centurion bar and we can talk about this.

• Raj of Hailsley

Jul 2, 2022 at 5:25 PM

Fookin cowards, stalking people’s LinkedIn in accounts and making threats. What a bunch of fookin arseholes. Grown men behaving like cretins behind their keyboards. I’d like to see the three of you face to face.

• Mund

Jul 2, 2022 at 5:28 PM

Is that so…?

You don’t think I’ve been thinking the exact same about you? You footin cretin.

When you land back home we’ll sort it and just me and you, I don’t care if anyone else sorts it and we don’t need to wait till Bournemouth. ASAP

• Mund

Jul 2, 2022 at 5:29 PM

For clarification

I don’t have your full name or email so keep my name out of that discussion.

• Mund

Jul 2, 2022 at 5:30 PM

If I did I’d of emailed you instead of what I’ve said on the blog.

End of the day it’s between me and you nobody else.

• Davas

Jul 2, 2022 at 5:31 PM

So Ben Jacobs reckons we are considering putting a bid in for Broja and that there is a growing feeling we’ll enter the race for Tielmans. Finger on the pulse with that scoop mind. 😀

• Mund

Jul 2, 2022 at 5:32 PM

It’s went on for years now and in the real world it would of been sorted one way or another. Let do that

• The Last Jedi

Jul 2, 2022 at 5:32 PM

Need Harry Hill to referee this upcoming fight

• The Last Jedi

Jul 2, 2022 at 5:33 PM

Mund wants blood. Its because Richter shot and killed the 3 boobs lady

😀

• Raj of Hailsley

Jul 2, 2022 at 5:34 PM

I’ll be where I said I will, Mund.

• JP...from The Rock

Jul 2, 2022 at 5:35 PM

I like Tielemans but prefer Paqueta over him and probably Eriksen over him too. That’s not to say he’s a bad player, far from it. This might be unpopular but I really don’t want to see Shelvey play much anymore. He is past it let’s be honest. Compare him to a Tielemans and some of the names we’ve linked with that can take his place and I would be all for it.

I still feel ST is a priority as Wilson is a beast when fit but is usually injured for long spells. That would leave us with only Wood to play in his natural position up top. If his poor form continues we will struggle to score again and we don’t want that.

• Mund

Jul 2, 2022 at 5:37 PM

Nah lad

You want this face to face be a man and sort it.

Next time your home me and you meet up and you can see me face to face like you want.

If not…? Shut up trying to be a big man on a blog.

We either do this ASAP or not at all. I’m not waiting to meet you on a match day either.

We can meet anytime your back home and if you’re so desperate to see me face to face with what you’ve said you’d do that or once again it’s all pantomime BS

• Mund

Jul 2, 2022 at 5:38 PM

We’ll see who the coward is

• Tyran21

Jul 2, 2022 at 5:39 PM

Would be funny if Man Utd and Chelsea’s fans are the ones camping transfer deadline blog. I believe Chelsea is sorting out their management staffs and Man Utd recruitment staff are newly assembled 6 months ago.

• CLINT FLICK

Jul 2, 2022 at 5:42 PM

JP

Totally agree with your assessment there, mate.
    Just about any midfielder we’ve been linked with renders jonjo redundant, imv too.
    But definitely, a striker of 2. Love Wilson, but every game isn’t his style, same with Wood, only moreso.
    Diaby, Ekitike type, mobile, adaptable.
    Or what?

• Raj of Hailsley

Jul 2, 2022 at 5:42 PM

JP,
    Without doubt that Paqueta is the sexier pick because a) He’s a Brazilian International. b) He’s Bruno’s mate and c) It would be like he belonged to us.

• lesh

Jul 2, 2022 at 5:42 PM

Mund

Why not put 17 September (the Bournemouth game) into your calendar, tell Jail you’ll be at The Centurion pre-match, then stop discussing your meeting on here.

If it’s not discussed, folk’ll forget about it and the pair of you can have an chat over a pint without boring the pants off the rest of us.

• lesh

Jul 2, 2022 at 5:44 PM

CLINT FLICK

That was an interesting piece about Gary Stevenson and it just goes to show that money and its trappings aren’t essential for a good life

• Raj of Hailsley

Jul 2, 2022 at 5:44 PM

Mund,
    I will be in Newcastle for the Bournemouth game. You’ve asked me to name a place and time to meet, I’m giving you it as I have done already. Now shut up about it will you.

• Raj of Hailsley

Jul 2, 2022 at 5:45 PM

lesh,
    Ideal.

• CLINT FLICK

Jul 2, 2022 at 5:45 PM

Tyran

Whatever happens re: the usual suspects, the media woll crawl up their ass and try and mitigate on their behalf.
    Even when we’re the top 1!
    😀

Breath. Hold. Don’t. Your!

• JP...from The Rock

Jul 2, 2022 at 5:45 PM

My three dream signings would be Osimhen, Diaby and Paqueta. Tbh I doubt we’ll get any of them but imagine if we did get all three, they would catapult us to top 4 no doubt!

• jane

Jul 2, 2022 at 5:45 PM

“Jane……… Whilst there is a lull in proceedings on the transfer front do you mind if I ask you a sincere question???”

if you are going to ask me about Chinese involvement in infrastructure projects in Tanzania i can’t say anything. sorry. best stick to frivalous questions.

• Tyran21

Jul 2, 2022 at 5:46 PM

Come on DANNY! Break the bank for Paqueta already, he is a creative, goal scoring defender who defends from the front line.

• Mund

Jul 2, 2022 at 5:46 PM

I won’t be meeting up in the centurion the day we play Bournemouth.

If that’s the only day he can do then he needs to rethink who the coward is.

• CLINT FLICK

Jul 2, 2022 at 5:48 PM

Lesh

A brilliant example.
    Where many make good, then cave and join the ranks of the merchants of disaster.
    He has stepped ip to the plate of what he knows is right!
    For the sake of future generations!
    What’s not to like?

• Mund

Jul 2, 2022 at 5:48 PM

Raj

So that’s the only date you can give…?

The rest of the year and you can only make that specific day…?

Pull the other one you crank.

I won’t be meeting you on a MATCHDAY and why does it need to be on your terms?

We either meet in a mutual place that we decide or we don’t do it at all.

If you’re so desperate it won’t matter what day and it shouldn’t

• jane

Jul 2, 2022 at 5:48 PM

massive upset at Wimbledon. well done Alizé Cornet.

• Raj of Hailsley

Jul 2, 2022 at 5:49 PM

So you have badgered me to meet in the toon for a pint for the last two years. Now you won’t be there. Astonishing.