web analytics

Chelsea Winger Could Be Next On Newcastle’s Transfer Agenda

Stamford Bridge has been the source of a steady supply of transfer links for Newcastle United. The club have held preliminary talks on two targets with a loan proposal recently being registered for Timo Werner.

Before the focus switched to Werner, striker Armando Broja had been in the headlines for weeks as an alternative to Hugo Ekitike. Thomas Tuchel’s reluctance to part with the young Albanian international resulted in the Magpies moving onto other targets.

The Mirror is reporting that Newcastle may now move on from Werner as interest from his former-club RB Leipzig heats up. The Mirror backs claims that Leipzig have pushed ahead to bring the 26-year-old back to Red Bull Arena; a move Werner could prefer.

The Mirror is reporting that Newcastle may move for yet another Blue if Werner proves unattainable. Callum Hudson-Odoi’s name could be next on the negotiating table with the 21-year-old having hit the radar earlier this summer.

Hudson-Odoi has failed to make an impact under Thomas Tuchel. That is unlikely to change with the breadth of attacking options the Blues boss has at his disposal. The winger is entering the final two years of his contract with his career at a crossroads.

Newcastle are currently pondering a third bid for James Maddison with a decision on Werner’s future still unclear. Hudson-Odoi would cost a significant fee but the Magpies would push for a structured deal that could be heavy on add-ons and bonuses.

How Will Newcastle Do Against Nottingham Forest On Saturday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Mund

Aug 2, 2022 at 10:26 PM

Goal Linton @34

Nicely put 🙂

The mad old world of a toon fan

• ToonDarnSarf

Aug 2, 2022 at 10:28 PM

For people wondering about player valuations, I recommend looking at Transfermarkt. It’s not perfect but it’s a useful source of information.

• NY Mag

Aug 2, 2022 at 10:29 PM

Carltoon,

In answer to your question on the previous thread (FPL) .I’m in the big boys league now, average at best I would have thought.

But you know me….I’ll be fighting tooth and nail to better that 🙂

• JohnJ

Aug 2, 2022 at 10:31 PM

Carltoon,

Hope you enjoyed your wee tipple!

• The mighty wyn

Aug 2, 2022 at 10:32 PM

Ruddy
    Absolutely. I would take any cup but really all I want is not to flirt with relegation every year.
    Just to have competitive Premier league team would be a success after the last 15 years of struggle.
    I saw both friendlies at the weekend and I still think we struggled to create clear cut chances, although much better than the beginning if last season. Realistically we should dobetter than last years first half of season but maybe not as good as the second half.
    I think maddison would be a major boost to chances created
    Anyway graft tomorrow so good night all

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 2, 2022 at 10:32 PM

TDS

I wonder where transfermarkt base their valuations on. I do rate their website and it is usually my go-to source for player stats but yes, it is interesting reading nonetheless.

• carltoon

Aug 2, 2022 at 10:32 PM

NYmag I’ll be keeping an eye on the results good luck to everyone, and a special mention for WORB, but i did have to stand in for you while you where on your holidays.

• carltoon

Aug 2, 2022 at 10:34 PM

Occasionally!

• NY Mag

Aug 2, 2022 at 10:34 PM

I should’ve echoed what JJ said, not only should you have enjoyed it, but it’s richly deserved 🙂

It takes a real gent (JJ) to show us the way 😀

• gillmag

Aug 2, 2022 at 10:35 PM

Air B
    What else do I need to do to register?

• Goofy

Aug 2, 2022 at 10:35 PM

FFP should be scrapped.. end of!!. Look at what Citeh got off with and now they are shifting the goal posts now that we have money, the irony abounds. Barca should’ve been relegated to the bottom of the Spanish leagues! Surely what they are doing us not above board.. 1 Bil in debt and still leading the amount spent this window.. the irony abounds 😀
    Put an investigation in now then maybe we will have a little reprieve to slip a few under the carpet, flexing our VERY muscular Wallet.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 2, 2022 at 10:35 PM

Wyn

I think that’s a really fair summary of things at the moment – better than 1st half of the season but unlikely to reach the heady heights of the 2nd half of the season.

I agree that there is a lack of cutting edge in the final third which someone like Maddison would really help with. Wilson showed how clinical he can be if he’s fed the ball in the right positions and Maddison is excellent at finding those pockets of space in between the lines and finding those killer passes which would ultimately see us create more chances and score more goals.

Night mate, take care.

• gillmag

Aug 2, 2022 at 10:36 PM

Wor B
    That was not Air B

• carltoon

Aug 2, 2022 at 10:37 PM

TMW, the second half of last season was great, that last home game against Arsenal was just so great I cried.
    These owners will get us to where we want to be.

• ToonDarnSarf

Aug 2, 2022 at 10:38 PM

Ruddy – there are various professional player valuators out there who use algorithms to calculate the valuations and I think Transfermarkt get that data from them. I would imagine that clubs use that data to work out fair valuations too. Obviously there are other factors that come into play like contract length, backroom deals, desperate club, player unrest etc. that can mean players leave for different amounts but it’s pretty good.

• NY Mag

Aug 2, 2022 at 10:39 PM

Holidays????

This has been the hardest (and most enjoyable) time of my life….the liitl’un has my life……..but I wouldn’t have it any other way 🙂

I can’t wait to take her to the north east, I’m bursting with pride 🙂

• lochinvar

Aug 2, 2022 at 10:39 PM

3 days to kick off day
    It’s like waiting for Chapel on Sunday..
    You know you have to go.
    Your Mam will iron your kecks but not your Toon shirt
    Wash behind your ears.
    Give Nana a kiss for good luck
    Step out the door and feel the energy as you walk up the hill to the Cathedral.
    Let us play..
    Hymn number 1892

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Aug 2, 2022 at 10:40 PM

Forrest will be tough to breakdown Cooper will have them well drilled

The likes of Trippier will need to be careful he’s been pretty terrible in possession in pre season constantly giving the ball away which we could get punished by a counter attacking system

We get an early goal and we could steamroller them though with the atmosphere

• carltoon

Aug 2, 2022 at 10:40 PM

JJ, NYmag, I did enjoy it, a little to much 😀

• Wor B

Aug 2, 2022 at 10:41 PM

Gillmag

On the FPL system click on the ‘leagues and cups’ tab, then follow ‘invitational head-to-head leagues’, when prompted for Ed Harrison’s league 3 enter the code that Neil sent earlier today.

• NY Mag

Aug 2, 2022 at 10:42 PM

TDS/Ruddy,

I don’t know what tranfermarkt say, historically, are they accurate?

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 2, 2022 at 10:42 PM

TDS

Thanks for the insight mate. Re Maddison it’s interesting that they’ve valuated him at £45m. An argument could be made that Leicester’s financial position and need to sell makes £40m a more palatable offer, however a counter-argument could be that while they need to sell, they are reluctant to sell him and would require above market value to be tempted to do so, making £50m+ seem the more reasonable offer.

Carltoon

I too was at the last home game of the season. It was an amazing atmosphere, amazing performance, incredible experience all-round.

I will still question the owners every now then though.

• martoon

Aug 2, 2022 at 10:43 PM

Evening Guys – just a reminder for you night owls:-

I’ve started the prediction game for this season – for anybody who hasn’t played before a bunch of us have a go at predicting how we’ll do this season which I record and then at the end of the season I have a look and see who was the closest – no prize but the kudos of being ‘Blog Prediction King (or Queen) – the title is currently held by Adamn_92.

So I need your predictions for the following:-
    Final League Position
    Final no. of points
    Goals Scored (Premiership)
    League Cup round (2 = Entry, 7 = Final)
    FA Cup round (3 = Entry, 8 = Final)
    Player of the Season (Blog)
    Top goal scorer (TGS)
    No. of goals scored by TGS

Currently I have predictions from (apologies if I missed yours):-
    SPRINGY
    barkel
    Brussels
    Lee Charnley Bunga Party
    Paul141726
    West Lancs Geordie

When you post could you put my name somewhere in your post which makes it easier for me to find your predictions.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 2, 2022 at 10:43 PM

NY Mag

I use them exclusively for stats on player positions, injury records, appearances, goals/assists etc and they are excellent at collating all of that. I knew they had a part of their website that did transfer valuations but did not know the data behind it so never paid much attention to it. It’s an excellent website though and would highly recommend it.

• carltoon

Aug 2, 2022 at 10:44 PM

NYmag it must be a fantastic time for you,
    But you’ll have to bring her over to see your Geordie, family.
    She’ll be all grown up soon.

• carltoon

Aug 2, 2022 at 10:48 PM

Martoon, can I wait until we sign Madison, ?

• ToonDarnSarf

Aug 2, 2022 at 10:53 PM

Ruddy – I think that we’re bidding just over that valuation is about right considering he has 2 years left on his contract. I think if he had 3 or 4 years and Leicester didn’t need to sell, then a club would need to pay £80m to prise him away.

So yeah, I agree that we should be in the ballpark of it being a good deal for all parties.

• ToonDarnSarf

Aug 2, 2022 at 10:56 PM

NY Mag – as Ruddy says, they’re great for stats and I’ve used them to help form an opinion on lots of topics before. Stats aren’t everything but they’re very useful to inform an opinion.

Transfer valuations can be partially subjective but you can bet that recruitment teams use professional valuations on players before bidding too.

• cleveleysbob

Aug 2, 2022 at 10:56 PM

Funny folk on here sometimes.

You get the, never believe what you read, they’re all just guessing brigade.

Then the, “believers” who think everything out of some mouths is gospel.

It’s all bollocks, it’s a game played by journalists, agents, some club managers, it’s all deflection.

Who says our 1st bid for Maddison was £40M?
    Who says our 2nd bid for Maddison was £50M, oh so sorry nearer £40M + add ons?

Does anyone seriously think that Mr Ashworth or any member of his team are ringing up journalists with a blow by blow account?

You’re f’in daft if you believe a word of it. Are we negotiating for Maddison – probably!
    What has been offered – no one f’ing knows except those party to the deal!
    Are they spilling their guts to journalists – unlikely!
    Are Leicester trying to “drum up” more offers – probably!

You’re all arguing on here like you know something – we’ll you bloody well don’t!
    Stop wasting everyone’s time, reading all the shit you put out based on what a couple of journos put on Twitter – it’s pathetic.

NUFC in their entire History have never had a more professional ownership/management structure – FACT!!

Yet there are people critical of their every perceived move.

I just read an article in the Chronic where Nick de Marco was praising the clubs choice of a full time legal representative and the 1st 2 fans comments were “get some f’ing players signed”

We’re morons, we don’t deserve the best owners or management, we want Ashley back so we can call him all the useless bastards under the Sun- we’ll be happy then!! – idiots!!

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 2, 2022 at 10:56 PM

TDS

If rumours are to be believed, both of our 2 bids for Maddison thus far have been below the £45m valuation and have come in at around £40m, hence my frustration earlier. Of course the exact details on bids cannot be guaranteed, and I suspect a well-structured deal in and around £50m should get it over the line. Would be fantastic to have him in through the door for the first game of the season.

• martoon

Aug 2, 2022 at 10:57 PM

Carltoon – you can wait until about Saturday lunchtime after that I’ll then stop taking entries (as I’ll be leaving for the match). However after that I will allow changes if we sign a new player such as Maddison such that you can make him your TGS or PotS (or both even) – I think that’s fair?

• cleveleysbob

Aug 2, 2022 at 11:01 PM

Carltoon, that’s a rant, not as direct as yours, but a proper go! Loved yours earlier.

I’ve been out with Mrs and had a little tipple too. Catching up just boiled my ……. Well I think you know.

Take care night owls and be good, I’m off to kip. G’night. 🙂

• kilcline

Aug 2, 2022 at 11:02 PM

We should sign Sesko, will be great in the premier league

• ToonDarnSarf

Aug 2, 2022 at 11:04 PM

cleveleysbob – you had a bad day mate? 🙂

Can’t say I disagree with you as I’m equally frustrated by the sort of fan you describe. But when I’ve said it on this blog, I’ve had a few of those fans lay into me. You’re still right though. And so am I.

• carltoon

Aug 2, 2022 at 11:04 PM

Bob! There’s only one radgy allowed!
    But we’ll bloody said.
    I read the same article, the comments by morons.
    I’m pleased the club aren’t bowing to these ungrateful people.
    Fans!!! We all want fantastic players, but to criticize our fantastic owners, i just can’t believe it.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 2, 2022 at 11:04 PM

Cbob

As someone involved in critically debating the nuances of the Maddison deal I cannot help but feel your comment is directed in my direction, apologies if it isn’t.

My overall viewpoint is that we should feel free to question the decisions being made by the club without it being slammed down as being negative or somehow wanting Ashley back. The owners have done a fabulous job so far, but open your mind to the vague possibility that they may get some decisions wrong. It can happen.

As for the specifics of the Maddison deal, you know what, you’re right. We don’t know the details of the specifcs of the bids. However, it is the job of a journalist to try and piece together scraps of info and relay that to the public and in the North East, we do have some bloody good journos in Hope, Downie and Waugh so if some of us choose to believe or put stock in what they have to say then I don’t think it’s your place to say otherwise.

Just my two cents worth on the matter.

• carltoon

Aug 2, 2022 at 11:06 PM

Goodnight Bob!

• ToonDarnSarf

Aug 2, 2022 at 11:07 PM

Ruddy – as Bob puts pretty well, we genuinely have no idea what offers have been put in yet but we can be pretty sure our team have a walking away point and Leicester’s team have an asking price. It’s all just speculation what is going on behind the scenes but if he moves, I think it will be for more than the reported offers so far.

• Gosforthlad