web analytics

Budding Star Could Be On The Agenda After Approach Last Month

Last month, The Mail reported Newcastle had made an initial approach for Rennes winger Kamaldeen Sulemana, who goes by Kamaldeen. The 20-year-old joined Rennes last summer from Nordsjælland and became the record signing for a player from the Danish Superliga.

Get French Football News has cited a report from L’Equipe that Newcastle are now pondering making their move for the electric Ghana international (11 caps). Kamaldeen was limited last season after breaking a vertebrae in his back ultimately ending his campaign in February. He managed 5 goals and 2 assists in 27 appearances in all competitions.

If Newcastle rate Kamaldeen highly, this could be the summer to make their move. A full season from the Ghanaian could see him reach superstar status. As a teenager in Denmark, he was unplayable at times scoring 14 goals with 8 assists in just 43 appearances.

It’s unclear how much he would cost this summer. Rennes will want to keep hold of their budding star as they invested a significant fee to bring him in. He still has four years remaining on his contract.

His injury puts his value in flux as he has yet to have a full season in one of Europe’s top leagues. Though he appears poised for a breakout campaign this year and doesn’t turn 21 until February.

Kamaldeen Sulemana could be one to watch as the window progresses. Rennes may drive a hard bargain but if Newcastle put in a reasonable offer, they may not be able to stand in the winger’s way.

How Will Newcastle Do Against Nottingham Forest On Saturday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Romford mag

Aug 4, 2022 at 10:55 AM

Why not

• dazzler

Aug 4, 2022 at 10:56 AM

**Repost**

Irish Rob,

Sorry mate but I think you’re wrong re: Perez and the accounting procedure.

It’s a long-term liability. They will almost certainly have an amount on their balance sheet for future transfer fees owed.

Leicester will almost certainly be a debtor on the balance sheet in NUFC accounts as well.

So it absolutely does mean something if it’s factored into the deal for Maddison, as we can agree to write off the debtor balance in lieu of payment to that value.

So in simple terms assuming we paid the balance up front (which we won’t do):

Long term assets go up by £60m
    Current assets down by £8m
    Bank down by £52m

• Romford mag

Aug 4, 2022 at 10:56 AM

To Kamaldeen that is

• Bambams

Aug 4, 2022 at 10:57 AM

Still plenty of time, other clubs will lower their demands towards the end of the window.

I am confident we will get the right players

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Aug 4, 2022 at 10:58 AM

Be interesting to see how we do this season even without new additions we should be massively competitive

Last season under Bruce we took the lead in lots of games but lost it due to lack of fitness and tactical ineptness

Whereas under Howe this season I feel if we take the lead against the likes of Wolves, Brighton and Forest we win the game our defence was a brick wall against everyone bar City, Liverpool and Spurs and none of the teams around us have really strengthened their attack apart from West Ham

• ToonDarnSarf

No. of goals scored by TGS = 12

• JP...from The Rock

Aug 4, 2022 at 11:00 AM

Exciting player.

• captainmarvel

Aug 4, 2022 at 11:00 AM

Personally I would rather see Paqueta than Maddison it would light up our midfield in more ways than one..

• JP...from The Rock

Aug 4, 2022 at 11:01 AM

We need attacking reinforcements pronto.

• ITUNDERASHELL

Aug 4, 2022 at 11:01 AM

ToonDarnSarf

Aug 4, 2022 at 10:54 AM

Yes l agree, especially about the fans disgust concerning a money driven desire to create a european super league closed shop. Lets build our club up within the PL without signing traitorous pacts.

• mendes

Aug 4, 2022 at 11:04 AM

Thanks Martoon

Final League Position = 7th
    Final no. of points = 57
    Goals Scored (Premiership) = 52
    League Cup round = QF
    FA Cup round = 4
    Player of the Season = Joelinton
    Top goal scorer = Wilson
    No. of goals scored by TGS = 14

• dazzler

Aug 4, 2022 at 11:04 AM

captainmarvel,

Maddison is the better of the two for me. He’s proven in the premier league and has been more prolific in a better standard league for longer.

• Arthur Romsdale

Aug 4, 2022 at 11:08 AM

Martoon

Final League Position = 9th
    Final no. of points = 53
    Goals Scored (Premiership) = 46
    League Cup round = Semis
    FA Cup round = Quarters
    Player of the Season = Trippier
    Top goal scorer = Wilson
    No. of goals scored by TGS = 9

• IrishRob

Aug 4, 2022 at 11:08 AM

Dazzler I think you’re wrong tbh, why is it that when you see end of year accounts you always see the full amount for players we know are paid in instalments over a few years.

Imo it’s definitely 100% been accounted for, but its fair to say both of us are guessing we you can’t know unless we actually see the books currently as they are, I’ll concede that for sure.

• ToonDarnSarf

Aug 4, 2022 at 11:09 AM

ITUNDERASHELL – exactly. And to be honest, I don’t know a single football fan who thought that was a good idea, and that includes fans of those big 6 clubs that would have been in it. I’d be ashamed if our club ever did something like that.

Part of me thinks that there will be a ESL of some sort in future but it needs to be a league that is qualified for based on a team’s merits and not a closed shop. I do think that it would be bad for your average fan though, as they wouldn’t be able to afford the away trips to cities around Europe. I think the CL will gradually morph into something a bit more like it, with clubs who reach a certain round guaranteed to be in it next year so it becomes the main focus. Not saying I want this, just saying that I expect there to be gradual movement to ensuring that the big clubs get to play the other big clubs more and more often. Not good for true football fans I think, as the rarity of certain matches make them exciting, but good for the global business as those big matches are what sells.

• Davas

Aug 4, 2022 at 11:09 AM

IT
    Yep, I’m in agreement. Maybe if we stand up to the likes of Liverpool and arsenal, maybe the clubs like Man city, who are maybe not so all in with them, will be more reticent to just go along with them too.

• IrishRob

Aug 4, 2022 at 11:10 AM

Fk I got excited looking at that pic. That dude looks like the absolute stamp of Diaby lol

• JohnJ

Aug 4, 2022 at 11:10 AM

Dazzler,

I thought we beat West Ham at their place about 3 or 4 seasons ago!

• Pat Mania

Final league position..5th
    Number of points..66
    Goals scored..64
    League cup..6
    FA cup..8
    Player of the season..Botman
    Top goal scorer..Wilson with 19.

Hugely optimistic, but why not!

• captainmarvel

Aug 4, 2022 at 11:15 AM

Thanks Martoon too..

• magicmac54

Aug 4, 2022 at 11:16 AM

ToonDarnSarf

With you living in the South of England i can understand why it might be more convenient for you to attend Newcastle away matches, although i have no doubt you will still like to attend at least one home game to savour the unique experience of Saint James Park, but like you say getting tickets for the home games might prove problematic for you mate. The home games will suit me better as it`s only a 30 minute flight from Belfast to Newcastle, and i`m guaranteed at least 2 tickets for the coming season. On the Golf front i have only played about 12 courses in my life also, yesterday i played about 60% good shots and the rest not so good, and i can hit my 3 wood much further of the tee than my driver, so my driver stays in the bag
    ?

2016/17 Huddersfield Town lost 1-2
    2017/18 Spurs lost 0-2
    2018/19 Spurs lost 1-2
    2019/20 Arsenal lost 0-1
    2020/21 Brighton lost 0-3
    2021/22 West Ham lost 2-4

Are you referring to the game when Hendrick scored on his debut, I think that was a few games in.

• IrishRob

Aug 4, 2022 at 11:17 AM

I’d dearly love to see us make a stand and tell them to piss off, but I think the reality of the situation will prove different unfortunately 🙁

If true of course!

• coming home

Aug 4, 2022 at 11:21 AM

The so called big 6 are greedy arrogant bastids and we are the richest club in the world and we will crush them all

Mind I don’t expect plastic fans to grasp that

• G

Aug 4, 2022 at 11:22 AM

@Martoon

Final League Position = 7th
    Final no. of points = 58
    Goals Scored (Premiership) = 54
    League Cup round = F
    FA Cup round = QF
    Player of the Season = Bruno G
    Top goal scorer = Wilson
    No. of goals scored by TGS = 13

I’m probs a million miles away as usual?

• ToonDarnSarf

Aug 4, 2022 at 11:29 AM

Magic – may I ask how you’ve guaranteed 2 tickets for home matches this season? 2 people offered for you to use a season ticket perhaps? If I can get such a guarantee from someone, then I’ll be happy to book the hotel and plan the weekend. Going to try and meet up with one or two folk living in the south for a London or southern game this season too.

I don’t hit my 3 wood anywhere near as far as my driver. My 3 wood is really 220-230 yards whereas my driver is typically 260-280 yards. I’ve started to think a lot more tactically about certain holes recently too. Player the same par 5 twice recently and both times my first 2 shots were 7 irons. Both times I played it, my 3rd shot ended up just off the green. Not perfect but 2 bogeys on a par 5 without using a club longer than a 7 iron is sensible play I think.

• ToonDarnSarf

Aug 4, 2022 at 11:31 AM

Coming Home – have you started drinking early again?

• dazzler

Aug 4, 2022 at 11:32 AM

IrishRob,

I’ve just checked the latest set of accounts and I think I am definitely correct. The notes read as:

“Included within trade debtors are amounts totalling £6.6m relating to consideration receivable for the sale of player registrations, including £0.4m expected to be recovered in more than twelve months”

Seems like we’re only owed a maximum of £7m for Perez though, rather than the rumoured £8m (assuming all of that relates to him).

Any we owe out are recorded in creditors, although there weren’t any at the end of the last accounting period.

There are also contingent liabilities and the accounting policies say the club recognise these when it’s likely that certain trigger points happen, e.g. number of appearances, goals, qualification for Europe etc.

The full amount you are referring to will be recognising the full amount of the player purchase in intangible fixed assets which is then amortised over the length of the contract.

Sorry, I know it’s sad but I am an accountant (if that’s not obvious now), and it would have bugged me if I didn’t find the answer out hahaha.

• IrishRob

Aug 4, 2022 at 11:32 AM

I’ve had a good laugh at all the predictions over the past few weeks some good ones some that are not that well thought through.

Some have points, positions and goals that just don’t match. For instance some have have placed us in or around 70pts but put us in or around 6th, anything close to 70 points is usually enough for 3rd. Others have put us in 7th or 8th while scoring in or around 70 goals, even if a team had a dodgy defence 70 goals is usually good enough to secure 4th.

The complete opposite of these has also been given as guesses as well, where they have us in relatively high positions of 4th or 5th or 6th, but given us the points or goals of a team which is likely to finish 8th – 10th.

A few, have definitely not studied the league final standings over the last 3 or 4 yrs. Only takes 5 mins.

• captainmarvel

Aug 4, 2022 at 11:33 AM

We are all making these predictions with the information we have at this point in time but the window is still open and there is also the January window too to consider..

• IrishRob

Aug 4, 2022 at 11:34 AM

Can you show me proof of this Dazzler, even one example out of hundreds will do me to side with you.

• ITUNDERASHELL

Aug 4, 2022 at 11:38 AM

coming home

Aug 4, 2022 at 11:21 AM

The scummy ones are mostly in debt up to their eyeballs and desperate to generate revenue to balance their books and maintain standing, It’s a mess they created themselves and the reason they wanted the ESL.
    We on the other hand will not play the debt game to succeed, we build up our revenue through sponsorship etc until we are in a position to contract with higher calibre players in a nice and relaxed fashion on our way to the top of the league.
    Let the scummy ones play their desperate games mate.

• IrishRob

Aug 4, 2022 at 11:38 AM

BTW I’m not referring to anyone who’s posted predictions today, I think.

Some fairly on the ball ones today. Just speaking of over the last few weeks, some here and there just contradicted their guesses with their guesses lol

• ToonDarnSarf

Aug 4, 2022 at 11:40 AM

If Leicester do owe us a few million for Perez, it still doesn’t make signing Maddison more likely, just is perhaps another indication of why they need to sell someone this summer. Doesn’t matter financially whether they sell Fofana to Chelsea and give us a few million of it or sell Maddison to us but discount the fee by the same amount. Either way, they pay us the same amount. They may even prefer to get the cash and delay paying the outstanding amount until the latest possible date.

• Romford mag

Aug 4, 2022 at 11:41 AM

It’s only for a bit of fun ffs !

• ToonDarnSarf

Aug 4, 2022 at 11:46 AM

Magic – when you go to Newcastle, could you bring your clubs? If we could coordinate and get to the same match, could arrange a round alongside some of the local golfers there too.

• IrishRob

Aug 4, 2022 at 11:46 AM

We know Rom I’m just pointing out that i found it funny ffs

• Sir Pugalot, the Dutch Bulldog

Aug 4, 2022 at 11:49 AM

Magic, leave driver at home and stick another wedge in.Or… if you do not have a hybrid stick a 3/4 hybrid in the bag

• dazzler

Aug 4, 2022 at 11:53 AM

Rob,

Full accounts from May 22 –

Page 14 – section 2.5 on the contingent liabilities – refers to the purchase of players, but it’s fair to assume contingent assets would be treated the same.

Same section also explains how they account for new players.

Page 26 – section 14 for the note on debtors – Under the breakdown.