web analytics

Budding Star Could Be On The Agenda After Approach Last Month

Last month, The Mail reported Newcastle had made an initial approach for Rennes winger Kamaldeen Sulemana, who goes by Kamaldeen. The 20-year-old joined Rennes last summer from Nordsjælland and became the record signing for a player from the Danish Superliga.

Get French Football News has cited a report from L’Equipe that Newcastle are now pondering making their move for the electric Ghana international (11 caps). Kamaldeen was limited last season after breaking a vertebrae in his back ultimately ending his campaign in February. He managed 5 goals and 2 assists in 27 appearances in all competitions.

If Newcastle rate Kamaldeen highly, this could be the summer to make their move. A full season from the Ghanaian could see him reach superstar status. As a teenager in Denmark, he was unplayable at times scoring 14 goals with 8 assists in just 43 appearances.

It’s unclear how much he would cost this summer. Rennes will want to keep hold of their budding star as they invested a significant fee to bring him in. He still has four years remaining on his contract.

His injury puts his value in flux as he has yet to have a full season in one of Europe’s top leagues. Though he appears poised for a breakout campaign this year and doesn’t turn 21 until February.

Kamaldeen Sulemana could be one to watch as the window progresses. Rennes may drive a hard bargain but if Newcastle put in a reasonable offer, they may not be able to stand in the winger’s way.

How Will Newcastle Do Against Nottingham Forest On Saturday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Davas

Aug 4, 2022 at 1:52 PM

Mearlam

Thanks for the deluded tag, I was the one who put Miggy and 15 goals. One of my pet hates is when nufc supporters call other nufc supporters deluded. We’ve had to live with that from other supporters for years.
    As Rom said earlier, the predictions are a bit of fun (well for me) and a lot of people put the same for some of the categories so I thought I’d put something way different but didn’t realise people on here were going to be so judgemental about the entries.
    I guess I’m doubly deluded as I’ve put Anderson as player of the season.

😀

• mearlam

Aug 4, 2022 at 1:54 PM

Sorry Davas,

I didn’t mean anything bad by it, just poking fun myself.

Feel free to have a go at me if he gets anywhere near that.. here’s hoping

• SirBobbytheGreat

Aug 4, 2022 at 1:55 PM

Totally agree Mearlam. We need at least three new strikers, 2 wingers, a playmaker and a few more midfielders just to get in the top 10. It’ll be a long hard season. I’m predicting Eddie to be gone by November.

Disagree with Almiron. I think he will have his best season for us if played. I don’t want to see Fraser, Murphy, Longstaff and Willock starting ahead of him. Been a revelation in pre-season.

• SirBobbytheGreat

Aug 4, 2022 at 1:57 PM

Teams like Forest etc will have 4 decent strikers on their roster for the season. We won’t have one as Wood is a Championship player and Wilson is always injured.

• mearlam

Aug 4, 2022 at 1:59 PM

I take your points about Miggy, he has been great in pre-season.

Personally, I don’t read into pre-season much. People can do great things when the pressure is off and the tackles aren’t flying in.

I am glad to be wrong but if I have to predict I would have to say he will revert to his old self soon enough.

Can’t fault the effort though.

• Davas

Aug 4, 2022 at 1:59 PM

Haha Mearlam

No probs.

Yeah I’d love it to be true although it would be better if he was 2nd top goal scorer on 15 with wilson getting more.

😀

• scott

Aug 4, 2022 at 2:03 PM

Afternoon kets

The delusion is still strong! 😉

• Davas

Aug 4, 2022 at 2:05 PM

Mearlam

Yeah, I don’t read too much into it pre season either as it’s totally different to the PL, but he has been showing a bit more confidence in front of goal and I’m just hoping he can score a few this season, even if it isn’t the 15 I’ve predicted. 🙂

• NY Mag

Aug 4, 2022 at 2:05 PM

Rob / dazzler,

You are both correct.
    Perez sale would have been fully accounted for when he was sold (minus any residual value he had on the books). This what goes into the profit / loss statement (and this is what counts towards FFP)

If Leicester pay for him in installments then this is what is recorded in the cash flow statement.

Two entirely different things 🙂

• mearlam

Aug 4, 2022 at 2:06 PM

SirBobbytheGreat

I don’t know much about forest buy 4 strikers seems a good idea to me.

It seems that we only want to buy very young inexperienced players who have potential or people have proven themselves.

I think teams around us gamble on strikers as they find it is hard/impossible to buy proven ones. Proven ones go to the top teams.

I like buying proven people but it costs a lot of money which it seems we are not willing to pay.

Who knows what they are doing, it doesnt really seem a strategy at all so far but maybe it will make sense eventually.

So far it goes like this

* We bid for somebody, its too low
    * Selling side rejects it and say it will cost X more
    * We move on

• mearlam

Aug 4, 2022 at 2:10 PM

As long as Howe doesn’t start the old cliche that our previous managers used to use about our current players.

`It is like having a new signing` translation: `I am hoping this guy plays better than before because we are not signing anybody`

• Ashingtoon62

Aug 4, 2022 at 2:16 PM

From much earlier…

Skint Barcelona, recently sold 25% of Barca studios for £85m..
    Valuing their club tv,worth more than our club.

This is what we are up against and want to aspire too.

How much do you guy’s reckon, NUFC TV is worth at the mo? 😀

• SirBobbytheGreat

Aug 4, 2022 at 2:17 PM

I think Howe is like that to be honest. He’ll be saying Paul Dummett, Lascelles, Sean Longstaff and Ryan Fraser are like new signings and we don’t need any more.

Can’t believe we haven’t activated Cornet’s release clause. He can play in three positions. His natural position is left-wing back.

2 budget strikers signings would be satisfactory. Someone like Allasane Plea for £5m and Mauro Icardi for £3m would do. We don’t necessarily need to splash out. Can see us wasting £40m on Jack Harrison.

• Mund

Aug 4, 2022 at 2:19 PM

I’d only aspire to the trophies and the years at the top but not the way the club is ran.

Refusing to pay current players and asking for them to take wage cuts but then still bring in superstars on big wages

They are a joke of an outfit and wouldn’t want us to emulate any of the way they have ran the club

• carltoon

Aug 4, 2022 at 2:20 PM

Rob, if you were checking what I put, blame the person who i copied off, changing a few things hoping no one would notice , we’re in two finals, and finishing 4th. 😉

• Ashingtoon62

Aug 4, 2022 at 2:24 PM

Mund

What’s your view on the crushing political hurdles,they have to overcome year on year?

Lets see if your so quick,with your reply this time..

• carltoon

Aug 4, 2022 at 2:28 PM

I’m sure EH is trying all he can, if the players don’t want to come, it doesn’t matter how much we bid.
    I want a striker too, but we may have to wait, there’s the January window, if we can’t get who want this time.
    If Wilson stays fit, he’s a fantastic CF, and we’ve got Bruno who can score, Miggy and Maxi, looked really good in preseason.

• Mund

Aug 4, 2022 at 2:28 PM

Ash

For some reason you think you are clever and quick witted and that this is some kind of challenge to you…

Barcelona are a joke of a club and if you think otherwise then you’d be with few for company.

• dazzler

Aug 4, 2022 at 2:32 PM

SirBobbytheGreat AKA Kets AKA Whatever your last name was you got banned under.

I’ll indulge you this one time:

Why would we need 4 strikers if we only ever play 1 up top at any one point in time?

Also,

Ed, Neil, Jessie please ban this account… again.

• carltoon

Aug 4, 2022 at 2:34 PM

Well I think EH will go for Pope, even though, I think it should be Dubravka!

• Mund

Aug 4, 2022 at 2:37 PM

Norwich apparently have a 15% sell on clause and why Leicester are asking for 60M

Leicester want 40m

8m for Perez written off

9m to Nortwich paid upfront and he’s ours
    15% sell on clause

Leicester want to keep him but maddsion wants a fresh start as he doesn’t see eye to eye with BR. Leicester trying to give him a new deal so Nufc racing against time to get it done

• carltoon

Aug 4, 2022 at 2:37 PM

Wilson up front Maxi and Miggy wings and The samba boys, Bruno and Joel.
    Trippier Lascelles Botman Target.

• Toon_Barmy

Aug 4, 2022 at 2:39 PM

Time to get shot of SirBobbyTheGreat who is clearly Kets. Bye bye you sour, bitter mackem

• Ashingtoon62

Aug 4, 2022 at 2:40 PM

Mund

Remember last summer/autumn,when you had thrown your toys oot and were kicking and screaming “everyones against us!!”
    Barcelona have had that for decades,three quarters of the country hate them..

The Spanish Govt. have kept R.Madrid afloat for years,for the sole purpose to damage Barca.
    What’s your views on that?

• carltoon

Aug 4, 2022 at 2:41 PM

I’ve missed one Sean Longstaff CM

• Mund

Aug 4, 2022 at 2:42 PM

Ash

I was throwing my toys because I said that PL clubs were against us and the takeover…? Which is clearly a fact?

The majority of fans felt the same so what makes you different…?

Why are you so desperate to get talking about the politics involved in football with Madrid and Barca…? What’s that got to do with the price of bacon…?

• JohnJ

Aug 4, 2022 at 2:45 PM

Dazzler

I’st game season 20/21
    West Ham United (away) Sept 12 2020

WHU 0 Newcastle Utd. 2
    Can’t recall who scored the first goal but it may have been Wilson the second was scored by Hendrick.

The next game was against Brighton and I was shocked that we got beat 3 – 0 at home!

• Ashingtoon62

Aug 4, 2022 at 2:48 PM

Scott Parker presser coming up on SSN.

Could be interesting,the pre-season interview I saw him do,it was Bruce incarnated..
    He was 100% slagging off his squad.

Never had him down as a whinging bitch,or he could be doing a Rafa of course and having a dig at the owners whilst attempting to cover his arse.

• Assassins Inc

Aug 4, 2022 at 2:54 PM

Martoon, my first prediction was a slight joke having us finish 1st.

So here is my prediction.
    No new options in attacking roles changes things. If however we do get some in then position and goals scored may change.

Final League Position = 9th
    Final no. of points = 53
    Goals Scored (Premiership) = 49
    League Cup round = Quarters.
    FA Cup round = Semi’s.
    Player of the Season = Pope
    Top goal scorer = Wilson
    No. of goals scored by TGS = 16

• Ashingtoon62

Aug 4, 2022 at 2:57 PM

Mund

I hoyed a post up,not aimed at anyone but sure enough you latched straight on to me..
    I’m not desperate to talk about Spanish footy politics,but you should at least look in to it before targeting your hatred..

Imagine this scenario..

Ten years time..

The Toon and Man U have cash flow/debt problems…
    The UK Govt. decide to buy Carrington off Man U for 4x the value of the land.
    Then they decide, to build a brand new training centre and gift it to Man U.
    Even I would be hoying my toy’s oot then..

This is what Barcelona are up against…

• Mund

Aug 4, 2022 at 3:00 PM

Ash

You have a weird way of thinking.

Nobody latched on you whatsoever

I mentioned Barcelona this morning and mentioned them a few times and you came back with a reply as nobody else was talking about them..

I then replied to what you said…

That’s how things kind of work if you didn’t know already.

You’re just words on a blog to me

• SirBobbytheGreat

Aug 4, 2022 at 3:42 PM

We need 3 strikers at the very minimum. Every team needs 4 top class strikers.